ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
24. I'll never be the same. I couldn't get the new coolfire to work but it worked on my old one. My head is still spinning.
Wouldn't turn on? Check the battery.
If it was some other problem let me know what and I'll try to help you out.

EDITED-because I'm dumb and was getting my new mods mixed up.:D

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I just subohmed for the first time. Now I know what you guys mean about lowering the nic. :eek:
latest

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on a lot of factors, how low, airflow, what you are used to, etc. I have sub-ohm setups that I do 10-12 mg/ml, and others that I have to be below 6. On my rare tootle puff days I'm at 18 mg/ml on a 1.6-1.8ohm coil.
True it depends on the amount of vapor you make.
One can make big vapor with a 1.2 ohm coil if you crank the watts up.
Or one can make little vapor with a .5 too.
Lots of variables.
I make the same amount of vapor with a STM RBA at 20 watts as I do with a VTC4 with a 6 something coil in it at 50 watts.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I took a puff of 12 mg nets the other day at only 1.5 ohms and it about blew my head off. I have to sit down for awhile the rush was so intense :p

Would blow my head off to try what you did!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally found a driptip that's a close match to the color of the blue CF4... unfortunately, it's wide-bore, which isn't a huge problem with an Achilles, the atty itself has such a tight draw... but also, it has a sharp edge on the lip, which does bug the hell out of me. If they can make a diagonal-cut muffler tip out of this color aluminum, why in the hell can't someone make a Ming tip out of it?????

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I finally found a driptip that's a close match to the color of the blue CF4... unfortunately, it's wide-bore, which isn't a huge problem with an Achilles, the atty itself has such a tight draw... but also, it has a sharp edge on the lip, which does bug the hell out of me. If they can make a diagonal-cut muffler tip out of this color aluminum, why in the hell can't someone make a Ming tip out of it?????

Andria

Did you check FT? They expanded their selection of aluminum and glass mings!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You mean you didn't read the little manual??? :eek: And you in IT! Don't you know the holy creed??? RTFM!!! :D

BTW, that little handbook has a link to Mooch's blog on ECF!

Andria
No I didn't. hehehehehe. Hey, that little booklet has tiny little letters and don't work with the cheap glasses I have on hand at home. Is that a good excuse? If so, I'll use it. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's mine, and an illustration of the problem matching that gorgeous blue color:

bluedriptips.jpg

The one on the upper left, the diagonal cut muffler, is the one I found today, the best color match I've seen. The mini-tower is that very common cyan blue that EVERYBODY offers, and as you see, it's too green for that mod's blue. The other two are what I also bought from desertvapes.com, but they're not really close -- the blue acrylic is the one I've been using; it's *close* but not quite a cigar. The diagonal muffler color is nearly perfect, but I dislike feeling an edge on the thing at my lips. I'm working on smoothing it down a little with some fine sandpaper, so I can at least use it.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's mine, and an illustration of the problem matching that gorgeous blue color:

View attachment 57246

The one on the upper left, the diagonal cut muffler, is the one I found today, the best color match I've seen. The mini-tower is that very common cyan blue that EVERYBODY offers, and as you see, it's too green for that mod's blue. The other two are what I also bought from desertvapes.com, but they're not really close -- the blue acrylic is the one I've been using; it's *close* but not quite a cigar. The diagonal muffler color is nearly perfect, but I dislike feeling an edge on the thing at my lips. I'm working on smoothing it down a little with some fine sandpaper, so I can at least use it.

Andria
Mine doesn't match but I'm just learning this new tank stuff. :)
Look, here's a rare shot of a coolfire found in its natural habitat. A mailbox. hehehehehe
upload_2016-7-23_14-12-6.png

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think there is a misunderstanding on definition of 'vapory'.

Any container containing nicotine in solution sold to an end user must be in an approved child proof container. In effect in about 3 days I think.

Why do you think we are having all the juice sales right now?

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure got quiet in here. :huh:

Atcha... that may be the only good thing about my addiction to my Achilles RDAs; I already know pretty much what atty I'm gonna use, so I'm limited to trying to color-match the driptip. :D I also have a couple of Magmas, which I use occasionally -- they're decent for when I'm tasting a new or just-mixed juice, they just don't travel well.

Got a new keyboard. It's nice having all the letters visible, I must say. :D I give it... hmm.. 90 days, and I'll be having to label the keys -- before Halloween.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors