ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You do realize, there's no such location as "away," right? ;)

Andria
I beg to differ, I've been told to go there many times. Sometimes by the same people that seem to want me to also visit a town in Michigan.
michigan-hell-xl.jpg

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good evening fugees. Kind of hard to type. Have my arm in a sling for a torn rotator cuff. Then add the sleeping meds well just say the world is floating by, hope all of you had a happy hump day. I experimented with a root beer float today and not to shabby as a shake and vape, now will let steep and see how flavor progress on.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evening fugees. Kind of hard to type. Have my arm in a sling for a torn rotator cuff. Then add the sleeping meds well just say the world is floating by, hope all of you had a happy hump day. I experimented with a root beer float today and not to shabby as a shake and vape, now will let steep and see how flavor progress on.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
Liking that the experiment turned out well. Not liking the torn rotator cuff. But I couldn't find a half like button so...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I beg to differ, I've been told to go there many times. Sometimes by the same people that seem to want me to also visit a town in Michigan.
michigan-hell-xl.jpg

I think "Away" must be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... seeing as there's this vast RAFT of plastic, which has been tossed "away." :facepalm:

This logic, that there's no such place as away: that everything discarded is still here, on this planet with us, is probably the first "environmental" type argument that ever really penetrated my thick consumerish skull. I was raised to be a good consumer: paper plates, paper towels, plastic Bic lighters and pens, etc etc ad nauseam.... but when I heard this about the non-reality of "away", it made a real impression on me. I still use paper towels, but I don't see that or toilet paper being much of an ecological disaster, considering how rapidly they biodegrade. But we only started buying paper plates to give our cat something to eat off of, which doesn't have any designs to confuse her vision -- cats don't have great vision in normal light for things that aren't moving, and our decorative stoneware just confuses the poor thing. I will gladly wash a few more dishes, to keep down some of our garbage footprint. And we invested in a whole-house water purification system, partly to free us of the cost of bottled water, and partly to cease contributing so much to that plastic raft in the Pacific.

I'm not a "tree hugger" or any other sort of environmental fanatic, but I try to do what I can.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
michigan-hell-xl.jpg

I've been to Hell.. and back! Many times. There is a charity ride that goes from Hell to Paradise. The prize is obvious...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I should have my 316L SS tomorrow. Sooooo... between .5 and .9 ohms... what's a good ramp-up wattage, for stainless? I figured I would start out at about 350F as I did with titanium, which is maybe just a bit cooler than the vape I typically prefer, but gives me a place to start. I know this CF4-18650 Aethon chip is supposed to be really fast, so whaddayall think, start somewhere around 30w for the ramp-up?

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I should have my 316L SS tomorrow. Sooooo... between .5 and .9 ohms... what's a good ramp-up wattage, for stainless? I figured I would start out at about 350F as I did with titanium, which is maybe just a bit cooler than the vape I typically prefer, but gives me a place to start. I know this CF4-18650 Aethon chip is supposed to be really fast, so whaddayall think, start somewhere around 30w for the ramp-up?

Andria
I'm not familiar with that chip, but what you mentioned sounds about right, if not set it to what suits you best. 350 degrees is a really cool vape on a dna chip.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not familiar with that chip, but what you mentioned sounds about right, if not set it to what suits you best. 350 degrees is a really cool vape on a dna chip.

It's pretty cool anytime; I think I really prefer around 375-400F, but I always start low with a new coil/wick, let it break in nicely -- even this Shiseido that breaks in so quickly, it's good to baby it a little right at first.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure is quiet here tonight... where's all the left-coasters???? And my fellow night-owls in general?

Andria
I was looking around the forum for more recipes, I need to make another flavoring order.......:cry:

But...for this left coaster :goodnight:....Andria...:)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sure is quiet here tonight... where's all the left-coasters???? And my fellow night-owls in general?

Andria
There I was, catfish all fried up, belly full, mess kinda cleaned up and all that was left to do was put the left overs in the fridge when they cooled down. I fought a pitched battle with a ferocious pit bull and was victorious for my spot on the couch and was chillin seeing what was worthy to watch on the idiot box around 10pm and thats the last thing I remember. Woke up over 5 hours later still sitting there with killer beast cuddled up next to me snoring loudly and old fart cat sound asleep in my lap. What a life..................

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, all those people that say "When Hell freezes over..." apparently mean something will happen frequently. Apparently I have always misunderstood that expression.

Yesterday, my sister in law told me her youngest kept telling her it was hotter than Hell. She looked at what he was looking at, the weather forecast for Hell, MI.. I knew of a place called Hell in LA, although not sure I remember how we got there. Went there once when the friend of the family, the old wizard, kidnapped me for a day trip. It was a fun trip despite the love bugs & mosquitoes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fugee gang. Just barely made it here in the AM! :D I may not have vapemail today after all; just checked, and the wire that got to ATL yesterday is STILL not in Lawrenceville... 25 miles away. :facepalm: Fucking lazy asshole morons.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fugee gang. Just barely made it here in the AM! :D I may not have vapemail today after all; just checked, and the wire that got to ATL yesterday is STILL not in Lawrenceville... 25 miles away. :facepalm: Fucking lazy asshole morons.

Andria

You sound as surly as I feel, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You sound as surly as I feel, lol

Yeah I had awful insomnia last night, think I finally closed my eyes about 5:30am... but I dragged myself out of bed around 11am, thinking I'd have vapemail today. :xD::headbang::xD: Fucking tracking says "Arrived at USPS Destination Facility"... in ATLANTA. I live in LAWRENCEVILLE, you FUCKTARDS, not ATLANTA. But 25 miles? That could be done in less than an hour, but nooooooooooooo, the USPS in ATL 30354 had to send it over to ATL 30369!

Mail just ran, I'll go see... but I bet it's not there. :headbang:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope, not there. Just some bullshit product recall to do with the airbag inflators in 2009 Silverados. They'll let me know when "parts are in stock." :facepalm:

And yet more fucktards, at Amazon... PG/VG finally shipped, and their tracking says "arriving Sunday". :facepalm: I don't know what fucking planet they live on, but THE MAIL DOESN'T RUN ON SUNDAYS, YOU FUCKWITS!!!!!!!!! :xD::gaah::xD:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors