Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I've ever been to a pancake breakfast...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

One weekend a year ours opens with all you can eat. Featuring real blueberry or buttermilk pancakes, mounds of premium bacon, custom made sausage, fountain organge juice and a bunch of other stuff I don't eat.

All prepared by cranky old ladies and there is no other like it in the world

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One weekend a year ours opens with all you can eat. Featuring real blueberry or buttermilk pancakes, mounds of premium bacon, custom made sausage, fountain organge juice and a bunch of other stuff I don't eat.

All prepared by cranky old ladies and there is no other like it in the world
That sounds amazing

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
KentA said: ↑
Yukk. I wouldn't eat there with a 10' pole.
That would be an awkward way to eat.

Yeah, I wouldn't eat there with a ten foot pole either. I will gladly use their flat wear though :banana:

Almost done :coffee2: and we will finish getting ready and go chow down!

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depending on your build and watts, it should be reaching 300f very easily and it shouldn't feel too warm. The thing about ss tc is that if it's not working correctly, it's essentially the same as power mode. The mod just keeps firing expecting to see a resistance change that never happens. Some mods can handle SS tc better than others. Requires very accurate resistance reading since the temp response is very low (the amount the resistance changes when heated)

Yeah, I'm gonna try a couple other things today -- the 28ga with 8 wraps, and using one of my Achilles instead of the Magma, just because the way the Magma is made puts your mouth closer to the coil than with the Achilles' tall tank segment.

But I couldn't sleep fer shit last night/this morning, as you can tell from that 5-something post to Chopdoc. :facepalm: So I'm just now cooking breakfast, and vapish stuff will have to wait till I'm somewhat more conscious. :D

There's definitely more flavor and TH than there was with Ti, so who knows, some fiddling may make it perfectly suitable for me. But even if I can't finesse TC to suit me, I do think the SS wire can be used as a nice alternative to kanthal; I'm curious to see how it responds to the heavy gunk of my strawberry & cream, compared to kanthal.

Andria

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Fugees. Great weekend to you all. Wife and daughter came home from there mini vacation together last night. House past inspection no dishes in the sink. I made up a batch of Beard 32 last night, first time attempting it, not bad. Could use a drop more sweetener for my tastes but need to let it steep first. Off to do shopping daughter going back to collage in a week got to stock up for her.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I'm gonna try a couple other things today -- the 28ga with 8 wraps, and using one of my Achilles instead of the Magma, just because the way the Magma is made puts your mouth closer to the coil than with the Achilles' tall tank segment.

But I couldn't sleep fer shit last night/this morning, as you can tell from that 5-something post to Chopdoc. :facepalm: So I'm just now cooking breakfast, and vapish stuff will have to wait till I'm somewhat more conscious. :D

There's definitely more flavor and TH than there was with Ti, so who knows, some fiddling may make it perfectly suitable for me. But even if I can't finesse TC to suit me, I do think the SS wire can be used as a nice alternative to kanthal; I'm curious to see how it responds to the heavy gunk of my strawberry & cream, compared to kanthal.

Andria
You'll want to make sure both coils are firmly attached to their posts with equal leg lengths and that they're both dry firing evenly and identically for tc. Also, always use TCR mode instead of SS mode on temp control mods (unless you're using a dna) as ss mode seems to suck on most mods. And if tc is not worth the hassle for you, just use wattage mode with the SS to get closer to your preference. Ss lends itself to higher watts higher performance type of builds but it absolutely can work great on the smaller builds. It may also help to ever so slightly (width of a 34g wire if you can) space your build, as some mods do tc better with a spaced coil. A dna will work fine regardless of coil space but I know there are some that will not. But for me, ss has always trumped ti, kanthal, nichrome, nickel, nifethal. Although nifethal 70 has very admirable tc accuracy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'll want to make sure both coils are firmly attached to their posts with equal leg lengths and that they're both dry firing evenly and identically for tc. Also, always use TCR mode instead of SS mode on temp control mods (unless you're using a dna) as ss mode seems to suck on most mods. And if tc is not worth the hassle for you, just use wattage mode with the SS to get closer to your preference. Ss lends itself to higher watts higher performance type of builds but it absolutely can work great on the smaller builds. It may also help to ever so slightly (width of a 34g wire if you can) space your build, as some mods do tc better with a spaced coil. A dna will work fine regardless of coil space but I know there are some that will not. But for me, ss has always trumped ti, kanthal, nichrome, nickel, nifethal. Although nifethal 70 has very admirable tc accuracy.

Both coils? You surely can't be suggesting I use dual coils! Heaven forbid! The problem is that it's too warm already, I don't want it to be twice as warm!!! Cloud chasers may like dual coils, but I don't like dual coiled ANYTHING and never have! Even dual-coil cartos were too hot for me, totally screwed up the flavor of my vape.

I have no earthly idea what TCR is. I looked at that page in steam-engine, and couldn't make heads nor tails of it. Too damn many numbers for too damn many things. I have a Coolfire 4-TC-18650, I dunno nuttin from nuttin about "DNA". I use the mod's SS mode, as that's what the little manual says to do, with SS wire.

I always use slightly-spaced builds; compressed coils concentrate the heat too much.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Both coils? You surely can't be suggesting I use dual coils! Heaven forbid! The problem is that it's too warm already, I don't want it to be twice as warm!!! Cloud chasers may like dual coils, but I don't like dual coiled ANYTHING and never have! Even dual-coil cartos were too hot for me, totally screwed up the flavor of my vape.

I have no earthly idea what TCR is. I looked at that page in steam-engine, and couldn't make heads nor tails of it. Too damn many numbers for too damn many things. I have a Coolfire 4-TC-18650, I dunno nuttin from nuttin about "DNA". I use the mod's SS mode, as that's what the little manual says to do, with SS wire.

I always use slightly-spaced builds; compressed coils concentrate the heat too much.

Andria

Dont worry about any of that Andria. Few understand you march to a very different beat when it comes to your vaping. Just keep doing things the way you been doing them and build the coil your comfortable with. With as low of power as your preferred vape is TCR and DNA and all that has no effect or meaning on your vaping.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Andria
I gotcha. It's a fairly safe assumption (most of the time anyway) that if someone is having issues with tc, they're also using dual coil builds. And I actually have a couple dual builds that are significantly cooler than single builds in the same tank. Just depends.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gotcha. It's a fairly safe assumption (most of the time anyway) that if someone is having issues with tc, they're also using dual coil builds. And I actually have a couple dual builds that are significantly cooler than single builds in the same tank. Just depends.

Based on how limited her airflow is, I actually suspect she isn't really having trouble with TC, I think what she is seeing is the TC working as intended. Andria like en extremely tight draw, and therefore doesn't have much air to cool the coils, so it is throttling the temp pretty much constantly. I'm just guessing, but that's what I think.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Based on how limited her airflow is, I actually suspect she isn't really having trouble with TC, I think what she is seeing is the TC working as intended. Andria like en extremely tight draw, and therefore doesn't have much air to cool the coils, so it is throttling the temp pretty much constantly. I'm just guessing, but that's what I think.
Maybe so. Sometimes it can just be hard to tell because some chipsets don't do ss tc all that well. I don't have personal experience with that mod so I can't say

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dont worry about any of that Andria. Few understand you march to a very different beat when it comes to your vaping. Just keep doing things the way you been doing them and build the coil your comfortable with. With as low of power as your preferred vape is TCR and DNA and all that has no effect or meaning on your vaping.

Pretty much what I thought too -- and even wondering if any type or style of TC can be suitable for my very conservative vaping style.

I really wish I could vape the way most people seem to, nowadays, but that would mean wishing away my asthma... I wish for that too, but it ain't gonna happen. :D It strikes me almost everyday how lucky I am that I've been able to arrive at ANY means of vaping, without killing myself or sending myself to the hospital for epi on a regular basis. My asthma always seemed very mild compared to other people's, but I'm having far more difficulty with vaping, because of my asthma, than pretty much any other asthmatic vapers I've run into or heard from. It seems like... my karma is continually testing my resolve to remain smoke-free... by constantly challenging me, "but do you REALLY mean it?" Yes, I really do; I feel completely blessed to have finally found a way to get free of cigarette slavery... but it's a very narrow and exacting way; low-impact, low-temp, low-vapor. I vape now in much the same way I had to smoke, for the last 29 yrs I did -- I'm determined to not let my asthma control my life anymore than it absolutely MUST.

Anyway, I've gotten an 8-wrap 28ga SS coil twisted, and got my "best" Achilles cleaned up and ready for it, but I'm so fatigued from so little sleep last night, I'm seriously considering a little catnap before I try to wrangle with mounting it and getting it wicked. Massive headache; probably just plain fatigue. I couple ibuprofen and a short snooze would not come amiss at all.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's what I meant about my "best" Achilles -- it's the one of my original clones that has a bit more airflow than the other -- I'm pretty sure the super-tight one wouldn't be a good choice for TC, and maybe that's why I had so much trouble with it last year, with the Evic-VT and Ti; I was using the super-tight Achilles almost exclusively then. But the Magma isn't that tight, even with the 14ga-needles in the airholes; in the case of the Magma, it may just be a case of being a little too close to the coil. That's why I'm moving to the slightly-open Achilles for my next effort.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Pretty much what I thought too -- and even wondering if any type or style of TC can be suitable for my very conservative vaping style.

I really wish I could vape the way most people seem to, nowadays, but that would mean wishing away my asthma... I wish for that too, but it ain't gonna happen. :D It strikes me almost everyday how lucky I am that I've been able to arrive at ANY means of vaping, without killing myself or sending myself to the hospital for epi on a regular basis. My asthma always seemed very mild compared to other people's, but I'm having far more difficulty with vaping, because of my asthma, than pretty much any other asthmatic vapers I've run into or heard from. It seems like... my karma is continually testing my resolve to remain smoke-free... by constantly challenging me, "but do you REALLY mean it?" Yes, I really do; I feel completely blessed to have finally found a way to get free of cigarette slavery... but it's a very narrow and exacting way; low-impact, low-temp, low-vapor. I vape now in much the same way I had to smoke, for the last 29 yrs I did -- I'm determined to not let my asthma control my life anymore than it absolutely MUST.

Anyway, I've gotten an 8-wrap 28ga SS coil twisted, and got my "best" Achilles cleaned up and ready for it, but I'm so fatigued from so little sleep last night, I'm seriously considering a little catnap before I try to wrangle with mounting it and getting it wicked. Massive headache; probably just plain fatigue. I couple ibuprofen and a short snooze would not come amiss at all.

Andria
I agree with that. I know we all talk about liking a new device or whatever, and you know I go for high performance stuff. But at the end of the day, if you like what you got, there's no need to change. You should always be open to refinements but there's no reason to radically change your style.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's what I meant about my "best" Achilles -- it's the one of my original clones that has a bit more airflow than the other -- I'm pretty sure the super-tight one wouldn't be a good choice for TC, and maybe that's why I had so much trouble with it last year, with the Evic-VT and Ti; I was using the super-tight Achilles almost exclusively then. But the Magma isn't that tight, even with the 14ga-needles in the airholes; in the case of the Magma, it may just be a case of being a little too close to the coil. That's why I'm moving to the slightly-open Achilles for my next effort.

Andria
I do believe that TC works better on the Coolfires than it did on the Evics, but SS is actually difficult for many chips to handle well, and it may turn out that it just won't work well at that low of a temp regardless, I'm not sure. The lower the resistance the harder it is for the chip, so my only real tips are build as high as you can and still fit the coil in without issue, and see if you can handle a little bit higher temp with the increased airflow. It may turn out that TC really isn't for your vape style, and if that's the case nothing wrong with that. SS still works well with wattage mode, so I'd say play with it even if you don't end up liking TC.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do believe that TC works better on the Coolfires than it did on the Evics, but SS is actually difficult for many chips to handle well, and it may turn out that it just won't work well at that low of a temp regardless, I'm not sure. The lower the resistance the harder it is for the chip, so my only real tips are build as high as you can and still fit the coil in without issue, and see if you can handle a little bit higher temp with the increased airflow. It may turn out that TC really isn't for your vape style, and if that's the case nothing wrong with that. SS still works well with wattage mode, so I'd say play with it even if you don't end up liking TC.

Yeah, this 8-wrap 28ga might still be a bit low, but I thought I'd start with that and see how it does; If it's too warm, then I'll try 9-wrap. If I still don't care for TC with a 9 wrap 28ga SS coil, then I'll say hang it and build a 10wrap from the 28ga to try out in wattage mode at about 12-ish watts. I've been using a 9wrap kanthal coil with my Achilles most of this year; I might be able to take it as far as 11 wraps, for that atty, before I run into the problem of too much metal mass causing too slow warm-up. If i use it on the CF4-TC, that Aethon chip is supposed to be really fast, so at 12w, it might not be a big issue.

Not sure if I did more than doze a little, but at least it gave the ibuprofen time to start working. Wish my husband had tapped me on the shoulder beforehand and pointed out that there were no clean plates for dinner, and the DW wasn't going to load and start itself. :D But oh well. He's showering from cutting the grass, and the BBQ chicken I have planned is both slow and very simple, so it's not the end of the world. It gives me time to mount and wick that coil before the chicken is thawed and needs to be cut up and put in the oven.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A clean bike is a HAPPY bike. Don't it LOOK happy?

25j8v7t.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

We all wish this and that but you played the hand you was dealt very well and face it, your one of us. You have the strangest vaping style of anyone I know and are one of the most inspiring person I know for new vapors. If anyone I know is having problems staying the smoke free course and need a little help like using WTA, your the authority I send them to. I cant say how many people i seen you help with WTA. You discuss with them what it is, send them to the best places to get it and then guide them in how to use it. Its really amazing to watch at time.
I know you would love to be able to vape like we do and your asthma prevents that but count your blessings girl. You in your own right have become a major player in the vaping community by just being who ya are.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We all wish this and that but you played the hand you was dealt very well and face it, your one of us. You have the strangest vaping style of anyone I know and are one of the most inspiring person I know for new vapors. If anyone I know is having problems staying the smoke free course and need a little help like using WTA, your the authority I send them to. I cant say how many people i seen you help with WTA. You discuss with them what it is, send them to the best places to get it and then guide them in how to use it. Its really amazing to watch at time.
I know you would love to be able to vape like we do and your asthma prevents that but count your blessings girl. You in your own right have become a major player in the vaping community by just being who ya are.

Thx. :) I dunno about "major player," but maybe at least a minor irritation to the tobacco-control nimrods on Twitter. :D

But as for WTA... I'm terribly afraid it's low-hanging fruit -- if BP is this upset just because of putting NRT into vapable form, imagine their utter chagrin and horror at something like WTA, that not only ACTUALLY WORKS to help people get free of cigarettes, but could even replace SSRIs for a lot of us who've been down that road already and have zero desire to EVER travel it again.

That's precisely why I still have an emergency bottle of WTA in my freezer with my nic... but all the others like me, like Juicy and Atcha, who really needed it... I'm afraid it won't be very long until WTA is history.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors