Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thx. :) I dunno about "major player," but maybe at least a minor irritation to the tobacco-control nimrods on Twitter. :D

But as for WTA... I'm terribly afraid it's low-hanging fruit -- if BP is this upset just because of putting NRT into vapable form, imagine their utter chagrin and horror at something like WTA, that not only ACTUALLY WORKS to help people get free of cigarettes, but could even replace SSRIs for a lot of us who've been down that road already and have zero desire to EVER travel it again.

That's precisely why I still have an emergency bottle of WTA in my freezer with my nic... but all the others like me, like Juicy and Atcha, who really needed it... I'm afraid it won't be very long until WTA is history.

Andria

I've been very aggressive lately about weaning myself off of WTA and am committed to staying tobacco free but damn.

I can't help but wonder if WTA could help more people switch permanently to vaping.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been very aggressive lately about weaning myself off of WTA and am committed to staying tobacco free but damn.

I can't help but wonder if WTA could help more people switch permanently to vaping.

I'm sure it could, just because it works so well, to provide a little more of the stuff smokers are used to having from cigarettes, but not all the poison and toxic smoke. But I fear that vapers of the future, however few they may be thx to the FDA, won't even get a chance to find out. BP's gonna make sure of that, betcherass -- they'd FAR rather have suckers on the ruinously expensive SSRI train, playing chemical mayhem with their brains and then enduring the godawful withdrawal when they try to get free of it... than let them skirt the SSRI issue with WTA.

But if it ever did come out as Big News, what WTA can do for smokers wanting to quit, we'd see this entire play enacted all over again, with the "we just don't know" and the "it's more hazardous than smoking" bullshit they just love to spew. Anything to protect their trillion$. :facepalm:

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A clean bike is a HAPPY bike. Don't it LOOK happy?

25j8v7t.jpg
Bike? I didn't notice any bikes in that picture, I might have to stare a little longer...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well since I've gone to squonking and using an rda, now up to averaging 4 ml per day at 1.8mg/ml. Using tanks I was running average of 2ml per day at the same nic rate. Thought about saying the rda rate was 3, then thought better as I have gone through 4 ml just between yesterday morning about 6 AM until 4 PM this evening. 12 & 18 = 30 hours. Guess it looks like I'm vaping about 1 ml per 7.5 hours Probably will cut back further once I get working.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently I was more tired than I thought, when I wrapped that coil earlier -- what I thought was 8 wraps somehow turned into 9, and the mod is reading it at .9Ω or a smidge more. So far I've had a few hits, with the ramp-up wattage set at 25w and the temp set at 305F, and it's a GREAT deal better than last night's trial, and I'm able to take a long enough hit that the temp does get up to where it';s set; when I pulled it away, it showed 303F. So apparently a higher resistance, as well as an atty that puts the coil further from my mouth, is just the ticket. I'm also using a fairly long driptip, that mini-tower one whose blue is just ever so slightly off, for my blue CF4-TC. After supper I'll give it some more tries, but I think maybe it *will* work. :inlove::bliss::shades:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apparently I was more tired than I thought, when I wrapped that coil earlier -- what I thought was 8 wraps somehow turned into 9, and the mod is reading it at .9Ω or a smidge more. So far I've had a few hits, with the ramp-up wattage set at 25w and the temp set at 305F, and it's a GREAT deal better than last night's trial, and I'm able to take a long enough hit that the temp does get up to where it';s set; when I pulled it away, it showed 303F. So apparently a higher resistance, as well as an atty that puts the coil further from my mouth, is just the ticket. I'm also using a fairly long driptip, that mini-tower one whose blue is just ever so slightly off, for my blue CF4-TC. After supper I'll give it some more tries, but I think maybe it *will* work. :inlove::bliss::shades:

Andria
Glad you got it working Andria....you have more patients than I have....power mode suits me just fine.....:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you got it working Andria....you have more patients than I have....power mode suits me just fine.....:)

Heh... working with ANY code, even the very-easy HTML/CSS, does tend to grow one's patience. I'm just the sort of person who can't stand to be mastered by OBJECTS; if there's ANY way of fixing or using something, I will keep after it! (sometimes till I destroy it!) Not sure that's a matter of patience as much as pure stubborn determination. :D

As I noted to myself, while trying to convince myself that building coils would be no big thang... I've already done the hardest, most impossible-seeming thing I can imagine: quit smoking. Everything after that is just plain gravy. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bunch of damn light weights around here :D

If I dont go thru 30 ml of 3 mg juice a day, then I must be in a coma :giggle::giggle::giggle: :cloud:

Well y'know me, tootle puffer supreme... I use about 50ml a WEEK. :D Getting the Achilles RDAs helped me a lot with that, since I was going thru about 8-10ml a day when I used Kayfuns -- when I started vaping the Achilles, that went down by about 50%; it's crept back up just a little, but not much.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually fill each of the Merlins about once a day, times twice. Thats at least 20 ml there. 2 Boreas I fill each about once a day and thats 16 ml so average is probably closer to 40 ml a day.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well y'know me, tootle puffer supreme... I use about 50ml a WEEK. :D Getting the Achilles RDAs helped me a lot with that, since I was going thru about 8-10ml a day when I used Kayfuns -- when I started vaping the Achilles, that went down by about 50%; it's crept back up just a little, but not much.

Andria

When I first started vaping I knew i had to quit smoking so I stopped on my way to work and seen an ego batt kit with 2 CE4's and a baby bottle of juice I picked up for $25. Got back on the road to work, (2 1/2 hour drive) and remember thinking that the baby bottle of juice wasnt enough so I stopped at another store on the way and they had some of this vapin plus rich tobacco juice, maybe 10 ml bottles and I bought three of them and another Ego set up. Four days later I quit smoking and lasted that entire two weeks at work on that 30 ml of juice with plenty left over.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first started vaping I knew i had to quit smoking so I stopped on my way to work and seen an ego batt kit with 2 CE4's and a baby bottle of juice I picked up for $25. Got back on the road to work, (2 1/2 hour drive) and remember thinking that the baby bottle of juice wasnt enough so I stopped at another store on the way and they had some of this vapin plus rich tobacco juice, maybe 10 ml bottles and I bought three of them and another Ego set up. Four days later I quit smoking and lasted that entire two weeks at work on that 30 ml of juice with plenty left over.

Heh... I started vaping regularly with MFS' Virginia, got a 10ml, and with my eRoll, that seemed like a real lot -- but just as soon as I got a T3S, I could see that it wasn't! :D The worst experience I had at first was that MFS ran out of the PG version of Virginia, so I had to get the VG version. Right off the bat, I didn't like that it had no TH at all... and the very first night after I'd been vaping it all day, I had the worst asthma attack I've had in 30 yrs, and I'd only been vaping about 67PG/33VG, by mixing in some of the PG-Virginia stash I had on hand. I went straight back to 80% Pg the next day, and just as soon as I started using WTA, I realized that I would do much better at 85% PG -- which was difficult, since WTA is all-VG... that was when I really had to get serious about DIY, so I could make sure and end up at the right nic level and PG/VG ratio.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still like vaping with a Spinner II with a tiny aspire tank which has a 1.8 ohm coil, using 24mg nic 777 juice it's really all that's needed to stop cravings in there tracks. Damn good vape too, very tight draw, but very very flavorful.

That was the first setup I bought almost two years ago and it still works perfectly.

But like Doc said, I am guilty of vaping way too much juice at high wattage as well. Mostly using squonkers I don't go through as much juice as I would if it was a tank setup like the Boreas, which evaporates juice at a phenomenal rate. I put that atty away to save juice for better purposes....:)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea how much juice I actually vape daily - I'm guessing about 30 mls though.

When I first started vaping, 30 mls would last almost a month :eek:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think I'm going back to 12 mg nic, to cutback the amount of juice I'm using. I found a 500 ml bottle of 12 mg 30/70VG in the freezer I bought about a year ago, may as well use that up while experimenting with DIY recipes.

I'm really digging the DIY, although I really have only mixed Andria's strawberry recipe thus far, but it's a delicious vape.

I bought a shitload of concentrates from nude nicotine, but the flavors are already premixed to flavored juice they sell, it doesn't take any knowledge whatsoever just adding the single premixed concentrate with VG and nic. Kinda cheating, but cutting the cost of juice to just pennies on the dollar.

I need to buy a scale, to mix by weight. Think I'll do that right now since I'm thinking about it. Have about $400 bucks in flavor concentrates from Bull City I haven't busted into yet, need to get mixing so they don't end up being wasted. I'm not sure what the life expectancy is of concentrates, but I would think they may begin to degrade over time once opened.

Anyone have a scale they like which you could recommend?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I now have my CF4-TC set at 315F, using 30w ramp-up... and it's quite a nice vape. A smidge warmer than my usual, but not hot, and the flavor/TH is very similar to my usual 10w kanthal vape. So I'd call this a success! Now I just have to see how the SS wire handles the high-gunk strawberry & cream. Is this wire safe to dry-burn, for cleaning, or does it need replacing everytime it gets gunky, the way that Ti did?

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I now have my CF4-TC set at 315F, using 30w ramp-up... and it's quite a nice vape. A smidge warmer than my usual, but not hot, and the flavor/TH is very similar to my usual 10w kanthal vape. So I'd call this a success! Now I just have to see how the SS wire handles the high-gunk strawberry & cream. Is this wire safe to dry-burn, for cleaning, or does it need replacing everytime it gets gunky, the way that Ti did?

Andria

You should be able to dry burn it just fine - but use a low setting

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
10 or under is good.

I had one catch on fire at 18w (it was really gunky) but still...
Another I did at 20 and it kind of misfired a few times then broke in half.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
10 or under is good.

I had one catch on fire at 18w (it was really gunky) but still...
Another I did at 20 and it kind of misfired a few times then broke in half.

I've had quite a few coils pop a leg on my very first vape after dry-burning/re-wicking. It's maddening, but it's the price of having to dry-burn so much; it weakens the coils much faster than ordinary wet use would cause. I just thank god I build my own; when I saw how quickly commercials could burn out, I just couldn't deal with that shit; I'm much big a tight-wad for that. :D I'd rather spend money on new hardware or flavors than on consumables like coils.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've had quite a few coils pop a leg on my very first vape after dry-burning/re-wicking. It's maddening, but it's the price of having to dry-burn so much; it weakens the coils much faster than ordinary wet use would cause. I just thank god I build my own; when I saw how quickly commercials could burn out, I just couldn't deal with that shit; I'm much big a tight-wad for that. :D I'd rather spend money on new hardware or flavors than on consumables like coils.

Andria

I hear that.

In my experience so far, kanthal seems to last better than SS, but SS is much easier to work with.

Only used 28 G on the SS so far. I do have 26G but haven't tried it yet.

I used 26G Kanthal once, and just didn't like it. It was supposed to be the shit, but I thought it was shitty. Most builders seem to like it though

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear that.

In my experience so far, kanthal seems to last better than SS, but SS is much easier to work with.

I used 26G Kanthal once, and just didn't like it. It was supposed to be the shit, but I thought it was shitty. Most builders seem to like it though
I certainly don't miss the taste of Kanthal...:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have my two Achilles in front of me, one coiled in my usual fashion, and the wattage is set to 9.4, since I just dry-burned and re-wicked it last night. The TC one is right beside it, and being able to compare them side by side, I'd have to say the SS at 315F is similar to when I first got the Achilles, and experienced such intense TH and flavor that it just floored me. Maybe because it's a bit warmer, it's enhancing the TH. I might need to roll back to 310F, if it starts triggering my asthma; sometimes too much TH can do that (dammitall!).

Oh! and we also got one of those 13ga needles cut and inserted in the Achilles 2; the aperture might be just a smidge bigger now than on the original Achilles, but it might be a lot closer to what I like. Tomorrow I'll get it coiled up and try it out. :) I checked, and then told my husband that if it's still a bit too airy for me, I can sacrifice one of my 16ga needles, to make that sucker REALLY tight! :giggle: The 16ga needle fits in the current opening perfectly. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear that.

After you try that 26ga, if you like it, I'll send you this spool of 26ga I just got; I don't think it's really my kind of vape at all, just too hot. But I did notice that even the 28ga is easier to handle than kanthal; when you bend the lead to a certain direction, it tends to stay there, a lot better than kanthal does. Of course I use 29ga kanthal, so it's still a bit "springy" even after I flame it.

The only time I ever "taste" the kanthal is when the Achilles' well is getting dry; because the wicks are so long, there's still a lot of moisture, so I don't get a burnt hit at all, just that metallic taste.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
After you try that 26ga, if you like it, I'll send you this spool of 26ga I just got; I don't think it's really my kind of vape at all, just too hot. But I did notice that even the 28ga is easier to handle than kanthal; when you bend the lead to a certain direction, it tends to stay there, a lot better than kanthal does. Of course I use 29ga kanthal, so it's still a bit "springy" even after I flame it.

The only time I ever "taste" the kanthal is when the Achilles' well is getting dry; because the wicks are so long, there's still a lot of moisture, so I don't get a burnt hit at all, just that metallic taste.

Andria

I'll try to remember to use the 26 SS next time I build something.

I've been lazy lately and not dry burning or rebuilding until something goes wrong :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll try to remember to use the 26 SS next time I build something.

I've been lazy lately and not dry burning or rebuilding until something goes wrong :p

I'm that way. I don't MIND replacing or dry-burning a coil, or mixing ejuice, but I'm a dreadful procrastinator. :D Sometimes I think I may have about 5ml of ejuice before I get off my butt and get some mixed. :D Even though my coils and wicks get disgusting very quickly, I tend to put that off too, until it's really interfering with taste. But I'm also the person who liked ENORMOUS ashtrays, so I didn't have to empty them so often. :giggle:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm well stocked, but like Juice mentioned it would be nice to try new gear. Not sure how that will go...perhaps we can buy direct from China and hope for the best.

:gaah::cuss2:I wish that fucking FDA would self implode:kickbutt::tantrum:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm well stocked, but like Juice mentioned it would be nice to try new gear. Not sure how that will go...perhaps we can buy direct from China and hope for the best.

:gaah::cuss2:I wish that fucking FDA would self implode:kickbutt::tantrum:

We're all just going to have to wait and see how it shakes out :(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Think I finally got my merlins the way I want them. Its been fighting me since I got one and gave me more than a few headaches. I was running 4 mm 24 awg coils in it and constantly would get scorched hits from it if I chain vaped. I tried wicking it every way imaginable but still had that constant problem, then I turned it down on the wattage a lot and at 27 ish watts it wouldnt give scorched hits but just flet lacking to me. Then I started building even bigger coils. Now i am running 3/16 ID coils which is close to 5 mm and its vaping great. I have one of the merlins on an Evic VT set at 45 watts and just took 5 chain vape hits from it and not a single scorched hit from it.
It is odd with a 4mm coil no matter how I wicked it that it wouldnt keep up but with a 5mm coil it has no problems keeping up and is guzzling the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors