Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I'm tired as shit. Had the goddamned motherfucking leg cramps again this morning, after about 3-4 hrs sleep. and the lack of my trusty fan has been driving me wild. got one of the box fans from the garage in there now, so hopefully, if my fucking muscles cooperate, I can get some sleep tonight.

I haven't really been depressed for a few years, but days like today, I'm really fucking tired of living in this body, with its constant problems and demands. Feed me, wash me, rest me, oh nevermind rest, gotta get up and walk off these leg cramps that I DID NOT AUTHORIZE! :headbang:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I like the no windows gig....like my shack in Ecuador......:giggle:

We really, really looked (from a distance) at Ecuador. It has not been scratched off the list for eventually. In fact, hoping to visit there in 2018 for an extended stay to check it out.

Hawaii was a compromise. If it was just me, I'd move to Seattle - two of my very favorite relatives live there and I'd just assume be close to them.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We really, really looked (from a distance) at Ecuador. It has not been scratched off the list for eventually. In fact, hoping to visit there in 2018 for an extended stay to check it out.

Hawaii was a compromise. If it was just me, I'd move to Seattle - two of my very favorite relatives live there and I'd just assume be close to them.

Edit: With a winter home in Belize - I went there in the 80s and fell in love. It hasn't changed all that much from what I understand.

I'd insist on moving there if the health care wasn't so shitty.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No way I'm touching that puny thing

Try a month of celibate camping! I could smash diamonds by now with this poor swollen devil..

xlmtee.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Edit: With a winter home in Belize - I went there in the 80s and fell in love. It hasn't changed all that much from what I understand.

I'd insist on moving there if the health care wasn't so shitty.
You're exactly correct....which makes me think Ecuador is in a 1960's time warp....it's really unbelievable....no gang shit, everyone is polite, completely different world. You don't hear about murders and crime constantly, gotta love it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You're exactly correct....which makes me think Ecuador is in a 1960's time warp....it's really unbelievable....no gang shit, everyone is polite, completely different world. You don't hear about murders and crime constantly, gotta love it.

I think the language problem is intimidating us a little - high school spanish decades after the fact is a recipe for getting yourself killed, lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the language problem is intimidating us a little - high school spanish decades after the fact is a recipe for getting yourself killed, lol.

No shit! There are a lot of hispanics around here, and I hear them rattling away in the grocery store.... I can pick up maybe one word in 5 or 10, they go at such a blue streak. But even if they slowed down, I'd probably only get TWO out of five or ten, this many years after high school spanish! :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They teach english in school there to everyone, I can communicate in english without any problems.

We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

For now, we're still wrangling on what possessions to keep. I'm all for letting most/all-of-it go. My husband, not so much.

Frankly, I feel really weighted down by all my stuff, even the things I really love. I'm ready to give it all to the kids and sell whatever they don't want :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We'll see how it goes when the time comes.

For now, we're still wrangling on what possessions to keep. I'm all for letting most/all-of-it go. My husband, not so much.

Frankly, I feel really weighted down by all my stuff, even the things I really love. I'm ready to give it all to the kids and sell whatever they don't want :)
The cargo is a very expensive move.....I bought another car there, because it would have cost half what the car is worth to have it shipped.....:cry:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The cargo is a very expensive move.....I bought another car there, because it would have cost half what the car is worth to have it shipped.....:cry:

Yeah, and you can multiply that by a bazillion from here.

In 2007 we freighted a whole modular house up here - $43k

Shipping my Volvo from our port to Hawaii would cost almost $7000 - not worth it. It's just over a thousand bucks from Seattle, a little under from Oakland, Ca. so I will be making that drive, lol. I have brother who lives in Berkley so he will be my last visit.

We were thinking about driving down to Cabo and then back up to the Bay Area.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Shipping my Volvo from our port to Hawaii would cost almost $7000 - not worth it. It's just over a thousand bucks from Seattle, a little under from Oakland, Ca. so I will be making that drive, lol. I have brother who lives in Berkley so he will be my last visit.

What part of AK are you at?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone. I'm excusing myself from the forums.. You can see http://vapingunderground.com/thread...h-since-i-started-vaping.222917/#post-1060032 for a rationale why. Have enough difficulty in life without giving off the wrong impressions to strangers. It's not the first time it's happened, and not only on vaping forums. Not sure what else is left but to gracefully exit.
Morely, I do hope you reconsider. As others have said, you didn't do anything wrong. As for wrong impressions, yeah it'll happen from time time, and when it does someone might get their panties in a twist. But that shouldn't make you feel like you are somehow in the wrong or responsible for it. Just be yourself, those of us that take the time to know you appreciate who you are, and if someone doesn't like that or gets offended due to a misunderstanding, that's their problem.

Now GFY merrily, and keep right on posting.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GM & GFY yall :D

I am a happy camper this morning. Yesterday when I got home my computer was off. Once I seen this I was like "ruh roh....." and sure enough when I started it, it was fucked up. Longer it was on, the slower it ran. Was acting like I was running windoze again :(
Long story short the problem bothered me all night until I found a fix for it. Now its back to smokin fast PCing :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morn, and GFY everyone. Think I finally got to figuring out how to wick with rayon quiet well if not perfectly. For me it took a bit of trimming down & thinning the ends of the wick.

Had a phone screening with a custodial company yesterday. The gentleman spoke very slow and laid back and seemed a bit ajar of professional. It took him about ten minutes to do a two minute Q & A.

"What you want for pay rate?" " ... "Well, we only start at minimum. Of course, after some time if you do well we might give you a raise." I did not ask much above minimum any way, only $9 hourly. "Still interested?" ..."It's only part time, you wanted full time, still interested?"

Told him part time would suit, might lead into full. This seemed to kind of shock him as a response. All he wanted to know it was, "warm body, got a pulse, wants to do the work? wait, let's double check ... still wants to do the work? it can be a cold body as long as they still want ... 'sorry, I wasn't supposed to be reading that to you' ..."

He'll pass me off to his subordinate the 'operation manager'. From there, wait for that person to call me, or not. If they call, maybe arrange face to face interview, or another phone interview. The job is local and the listing stated no driving required. Hopefully, if I do work for more than one client the company 'operation manager' will arrange for me to be taken from one job site to another as needed.

Don't mind getting dropped off in town, staying local if 'company' offers me transport between jobs. Otherwise if I need to drive myself, kind of screwed. 1. I have no vehicle of my own. 2. I do not drive. Know that may seem odd but it just is what it is. I never 'picked' that up. Can drive a and operate a dozer, a tank (limited), boats, forklifts (limited), farm tractors (limited), but not able to deal with a car or truck. Not exactly certified for dozer, lift either.

My mind locks me up for whatever non-rational reason. I also get locked up from claustrophobia, yet 'if needed beyond all else' I will do the best I can to do what's needed. although my mom told me to get out from under house with a crawlspace. She said I was whiter than any hospital white she'd ever seen. I was trying to help her put a hot water heater in, needed to move a pipe to go up through the floor. It was maybe a 2' high area, you to wiggle on your back to get to the pipe.

She got a brother to do it instead, told me she didn't think before asking me. Said I ought to just stay out from under the house, get some air. Yep, I'm fairly well a weirdo flake. Even want cremated to avoid going into a box. Even with thinking "oh, but I'll be dead and it won't matter ...", it still matters.

@kad2371 you're prolly right. Someone needed something to fuss about. Know sometimes I need something to fuss about. Really need to keep working on finding the inner peace, stillness. Not sure if that's valid for curmudgeons though. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

People used to 'drive' cars from Cuba to the US.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning Atcha, don't just slink around liking posts, jump in and say something.:) What, are you afraid we are gonna bite or something? Ummm, well, OK, can't speak for anyone else but maybe I have been known to a time or two. But only when asked.:D

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Atcha, don't just slink around liking posts, jump in and say something.:) What, are you afraid we are gonna bite or something? Ummm, well, OK, can't speak for anyone else but maybe I have been known to a time or two. But only when asked.:D
lol!!! Well, I got snapped at on that other "place" so I'm leery. :eek:
Also, Kawfee is good!
Yes it is!!!! I'm drinking mine in my new Ozark cup. It out ranked the yeti and is WAY cheaper. LOVE IT! This winter will be nice having hot coffee all day. Woohoooooooooooooo! :D

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol!!! Well, I got snapped at on that other "place" so I'm leery. :eek:

Yes it is!!!! I'm drinking mine in my new Ozark cup. It out ranked the yeti and is WAY cheaper. LOVE IT! This winter will be nice having hot coffee all day. Woohoooooooooooooo! :D
Well of course actual coffee is good too, but that was actually in reference to a place I mentioned in a previous conversation, as opposed to the kind with caffeine.:)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man that's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I was there I would have a chat with that dude and then go in, hell even if I wasn't a vaper (or a smoker) I would do the same.

It's a win win situation, this guy gets to help ppl (and probably some freebies), the noobs get help and the store gets a unique kind of publicity.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was there I would have a chat with that dude and then go in, hell even if I wasn't a vaper (or a smoker) I would do the same.

It's a win win situation, this guy gets to help ppl (and probably some freebies), the noobs get help and the store gets a unique kind of publicity.
Technically not allowed any freebies at all from the shop nor can he collect tips or anything. Else he becomes a seller/manufacturer.
He can help others though.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Technically not allowed any freebies at all from the shop nor can he collect tips or anything. Else he becomes a seller/manufacturer.
Not allowed any freebies from the store itself, but I bet every other person he helps is going to get him a little something from the store and won't take no for an answer.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not allowed any freebies from the store itself, but I bet every other person he helps is going to get him a little something from the store and won't take no for an answer.
Yeah a bit grey there.
However there can be no relationship with the store at all. They cannot put up a sign about him helping or anything.
And if the store lets him loaf there they have to let others loaf as well.
Just the legalities of the situation.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Actually yes he can, as long as he is not employed by the store. The FDA regulations are against the business, not the individual and if he helps someone and they decide on their own free will to give him a tip or a token of appreciation, the FDA is powerless to stop that. If he charges for his assistance then he has in fact become a business and falls under the FDA regulations.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually yes he can, as long as he is not employed by the store. The FDA regulations are against the business, not the individual and if he helps someone and they decide on their own free will to give him a tip or a token of appreciation, the FDA is powerless to stop that. If he charges for his assistance then he has in fact become a business and falls under the FDA regulations.
Not according to the CASA guys on the Plumes Show last night.
they said no tip jar. And they gots lawyers working on it.

Gratuities are taxable income under law.

Kodak

Member For 3 Years
I just keep thinking that what I've been saying all along may be true: if you vape as low-wattage as I do, you really don't need TC; it can't seem to produce the type of cool vape that I apparently like -- I always thought my 10w, with the tight draw I like, was slightly warm, but apparently it's not. With my Achilles, at 9.5-10w, (and you know it has VERY tight draw), I take 5-6 second hits, and never get a dry or burnt hit. If the well is starting to dry, I get a metallic taste, which is absolutely the worst I've ever gotten from the Achilles -- the wicks are so long, there is still enough moisture to keep from getting a classic dry/burnt hit, you just get that hot metal taste.

But this is why I also bought some 28ga, so that i can possibly use it in wattage mode. It's funny; the little manual that comes with the CF4-TC-18650 says to only use SS wire in SS mode, but apparently there is no hazard in using SS in wattage mode, so I'm not sure why their manual says that.

Andria

ETA: Looking at steam-engine -- 10 wraps of 28ga would give me about .9Ω -- I could run that in wattage mode at about 12.5w, and the heat flux is very similar to 29ga Kanthal at 2Ω 10w; both are between 125-130. That may be my best use of SS wire.

I've never used my SS coils in temp mode, because like you, I'm a lower wattage kinda gal. I tend to use mine set between 13 and 16 watts depending on the flavor (my SS coils are 1.2 Ω). I've found you gotta go a little higher wattage with SS to get the same draw as normal Kanthal---but the flavor is so much better!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even want cremated to avoid going into a box. Even with thinking "oh, but I'll be dead and it won't matter ...", it still matters.

I never knew I was claustrophobic, till once when I needed an MRI. :facepalm: But what you said about being cremated... I've stated my preference for cremation for MANY, MANY years; that really should have tipped me off, because I can't even imagine anything worse than being in a small box, underground. Gives me the willies just trying to imagine it! In fact, I'd prefer cremation in the native American style, on a high platform under the open sky, because crematoriums are pretty damn creepy too, but that open cremation is probably not legal any longer. *sigh*

And I wouldn't worry about the driving thing. I've had a license since I was 17 yrs old, but I WILL NOT drive in heavy traffic on roads with which I'm unfamiliar, nope, just not gonna do it. WAYYYYYYYYYYY too big an anxiety. The only way I managed to overcome my anxiety for ANY driving or riding in a vehicle was to get a truck with great big tires, so I can see, and don't feel like a bug about to be squashed.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've never used my SS coils in temp mode, because like you, I'm a lower wattage kinda gal. I tend to use mine set between 13 and 16 watts depending on the flavor (my SS coils are 1.2 Ω). I've found you gotta go a little higher wattage with SS to get the same draw as normal Kanthal---but the flavor is so much better!

Heh... I don't find 13-16w all that low. I like 10w, and a bit lower when breaking in a new coil/wick. But I have managed to get a MARVELOUS vape at 305-310F, 25-30 watt ramp-up, just splendid vaping,. But you can build SS coils to whatever resistance you want, just like kanthal.

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not according to the CASA guys on the Plumes Show last night.
they said no tip jar. And they gots lawyers working on it.

Gratuities are taxable income under law.
The shops here will no longer help with anything either directly or indirectly. They say they can't help a first timer by teaching them how to prime coils and fill tank etc, nor can they do builds etc

Yeah...making vaping safer.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never knew I was claustrophobic, till once when I needed an MRI. :facepalm: But what you said about being cremated... I've stated my preference for cremation for MANY, MANY years; that really should have tipped me off, because I can't even imagine anything worse than being in a small box, underground. Gives me the willies just trying to imagine it! In fact, I'd prefer cremation in the native American style, on a high platform under the open sky, because crematoriums are pretty damn creepy too, but that open cremation is probably not legal any longer. *sigh*

And I wouldn't worry about the driving thing. I've had a license since I was 17 yrs old, but I WILL NOT drive in heavy traffic on roads with which I'm unfamiliar, nope, just not gonna do it. WAYYYYYYYYYYY too big an anxiety. The only way I managed to overcome my anxiety for ANY driving or riding in a vehicle was to get a truck with great big tires, so I can see, and don't feel like a bug about to be squashed.

Andria

I made it be known years ago that I dont want embalmed and i did that for a reason. Under Louisiana law you can be buried without being embalmed but it must be done within 36 hours of croaking. That eliminates a funeral which is my ultimate goal. I dont want a bunch of people I really cant stand going to my funeral nor do i want my family to have one for me. Plant my ass and forget about me is what I want. Get me the cheapest casket money can buy and I dont need money wasted on a head stone.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I made it be known years ago that I dont want embalmed and i did that for a reason. Under Louisiana law you can be buried without being embalmed but it must be done within 36 hours of croaking. That eliminates a funeral which is my ultimate goal. I dont want a bunch of people I really cant stand going to my funeral nor do i want my family to have one for me. Plant my ass and forget about me is what I want. Get me the cheapest casket money can buy and I dont need money wasted on a head stone.
Yea, my mom is in the Roseland-Arcola cemetery about 20 miles from you near Amite. In Texas, you have to be embalmed within 24 hours or cremated. So, we had her cremated. Then, the people in Louisiana told us we could dig our own hole. Yikes!!! I didn't want to dig a hole for my mom. But, I did tell my son when I go, to cremate me and bury me next to her. Won't take up too much room.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Headstones aren't really that much in your area. It's a LOT cheaper there than in Texas. Even though many graves have to be above ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors