Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rip got a new job (well not really he's not getting paid) ;)
d31ec267-3390-496f-b659-eba1fd5c7dea.jpg
Can't be rip,

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm now vapin duct tape. About time to think about a stop back at the depot. I seem to have unpacked spare mods and jeans. Thanks to tractor supply and Carharrt, I now don't have to shower with jeans ON to wake to a clean pair.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I'm now vapin duct tape. About time to think about a stop back at the depot. I seem to have unpacked spare mods and jeans. Thanks to tractor supply and Carharrt, I now don't have to shower with jeans ON to wake to a clean pair.

Might be a good time to visit any B&M and see what's shaking

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, you guys... I gotta thank all y'all that piqued my curiosity about SS wire, and whoever it was who first pointed me to the CF4-TC-18650, too -- kad, maybe, or Atcha...? But it really is a great vape. I'm just barely in TC, just under one ohm, but the mod is handling it very well. And I've figured out that if it gets too intense, I can just knock it back 5 degrees and lower the wattage from 30 to 25, and it's not so challenging to my lungs.
:blowkiss:
Thx!!!
Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, you guys... I gotta thank all y'all that piqued my curiosity about SS wire, and whoever it was who first pointed me to the CF4-TC-18650, too -- kad, maybe, or Atcha...? But it really is a great vape. I'm just barely in TC, just under one ohm, but the mod is handling it very well. And I've figured out that if it gets too intense, I can just knock it back 5 degrees and lower the wattage from 30 to 25, and it's not so challenging to my lungs.
Thx!!!
Andria

It's good to see you getting to stretch your wings a little and do something new

Innovation is one of the many thing I love about vaping and I always thought it was a shame so much of it passes you by due to your circumstances

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thx!!!
Andria
Glad you have that baby working nicely. I really like SS too. some say they can't taste the difference between kanthal and SS, I sure can.....SS makes a really nice vape, in TC or wattage mode.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's good to see you getting to stretch your wings a little and do something new

Innovation is one of the many thing I love about vaping and I always thought it was a shame so much of it passes you by due to your circumstances

I agree, though my inability to really appreciate the modern tanks is really my own fault, for getting so used to such a great RDA (and being so intolerant of airy vapes hurts that, too). But I'm thinking I might be able to get the Alleria up to speed, using SS wire; the flavor really is a lot clearer and more TH, using SS, which might be just what I need.

But hey, it was DIYing that strawberry & cream that got me into RDAs; if I still vaped non-gunking juice, I'd still be using Kayfuns and cartotanks. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you have that baby working nicely. I really like SS too. some say they can't taste the difference between kanthal and SS, I sure can.....SS makes a really nice vape, in TC or wattage mode.

I definitely taste the diff; sometimes, that's a good thing, if my lungs are being tetchy, I really need something mild to vape, and my 2Ω kanthal at 9.6-10w fits that nicely. But sometimes having something more intense is just great!

I dry-burned this one last night, it was looking pretty dark and the wick was going brown; the coil is still pretty dark, so I may not get quite as long use from a SS coil as I get from kanthal, but the price isn't prohibitive, as the Ti really was. Payday, I plan to order a 100' spool -- $4 at lightningvapes.com. :)

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I definitely taste the diff; sometimes, that's a good thing, if my lungs are being tetchy, I really need something mild to vape, and my 2Ω kanthal at 9.6-10w fits that nicely. But sometimes having something more intense is just great!

I dry-burned this one last night, it was looking pretty dark and the wick was going brown; the coil is still pretty dark, so I may not get quite as long use from a SS coil as I get from kanthal, but the price isn't prohibitive, as the Ti really was. Payday, I plan to order a 100' spool -- $4 at lightningvapes.com. :)

Andria
Perfect, Andria......:confetti:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But the thing that I'm really impressed with, with this TC vaping, is this amazing mod. As i said, I'm barely under an ohm, but the mod is just trooping along, staying in TC mode. I've heard so much bitching and whining and moaning about all the TC mods that won't TC worth a damn, but hey, this is an Innokin!! :D They seriously know their shit. And I think back to the Innokin thread over at Butthole Central, and everyone was crying because Innokin wasn't doing any TC.... they were busy getting it right!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But the thing that I'm really impressed with, with this TC vaping, is this amazing mod. As i said, I'm barely under an ohm, but the mod is just trooping along, staying in TC mode. I've heard so much bitching and whining and moaning about all the TC mods that won't TC worth a damn, but hey, this is an Innokin!! :D They seriously know their shit. And I think back to the Innokin thread over at Butthole Central, and everyone was crying because Innokin wasn't doing any TC.... they were busy getting it right!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Andria
I haven't been paying attention much lately, which mod do you have?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been paying attention much lately, which mod do you have?

Coolfire4-TC-18650! Two of 'em, a blue and a red. Another great thing I've discovered about the mod is that the 510 connector is apparently sealed really well. You may recall my very first bitch about my Achilles 2? That it leaked, and I had to put a new o-ring on it? Well it did that shit again, apparently goes thru o-rings like tissue paper; when i got up the next morning, the mod was standing in a PUDDLE of ejuice.. approx 2ml? But when I had cleaned up the outside, and took out the battery... the battery was completely dry, not a single drop or smear of ejuice came thru the 510 to the battery. :inlove:

I love Innokin!!!!

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coolfire4-TC-18650! Two of 'em, a blue and a red. Another great thing I've discovered about the mod is that the 510 connector is apparently sealed really well. You may recall my very first bitch about my Achilles 2? That it leaked, and I had to put a new o-ring on it? Well it did that shit again, apparently goes thru o-rings like tissue paper; when i got up the next morning, the mod was standing in a PUDDLE of ejuice.. approx 2ml? But when I had cleaned up the outside, and took out the battery... the battery was completely dry, not a single drop or smear of ejuice came thru the 510 to the battery. :inlove:

I love Innokin!!!!

Andria
I may buy one of those too, sounds like a nice lil mod.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I love Innokin!!!!

Andria

I have a red one with the built in LiPo.

I love the way it looks and it vapes like a champ. My only gripe is that the settings are super fidgety - I can never remember the right combo of buttons to push when I want to adjust it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a red one with the built in LiPo.

I love the way it looks and it vapes like a champ. My only gripe is that the settings are super fidgety - I can never remember the right combo of buttons to push when I want to adjust it.

Heh, my husband has been annoyed with me recently because both sets of packaging and the travel kits and little manual are still out on the counter, so i can refer to the manual when I need to -- that's another excellent point of this mod, the manual is great, and actually makes sense! English, not Chingrish. :D

Actually a lot of the shit I just got is still out, because I need his help to get my lower cabinet sorted out, and get everything put away; I find it damn near impossible to get down there into it, and then back up again. Old age is setting in with a vengeance! But he's a tiny little guy, and wiry as hell, he can do it... if he can make time from his android gaming and coin collection! :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my work vapes were tasting a little off yesterday, dropped the wattage down to about 14W from 23W and the flavor went back to spot on.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Heh, my husband has been annoyed with me recently because both sets of packaging and the travel kits and little manual are still out on the counter, so i can refer to the manual when I need to -- that's another excellent point of this mod, the manual is great, and actually makes sense! English, not Chingrish. :D

Actually a lot of the shit I just got is still out, because I need his help to get my lower cabinet sorted out, and get everything put away; I find it damn near impossible to get down there into it, and then back up again. Old age is setting in with a vengeance! But he's a tiny little guy, and wiry as hell, he can do it... if he can make time from his android gaming and coin collection! :facepalm:

Andria

The manual is good, I just don't like having to consult a manual to turn my mod up or down a few watts, lol

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thx!!!
Andria
Glad you are enjoying it and that it's working for ya.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
It'll still get flaky with the SS TC if you try to build too low, but I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem for you.;)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be a good time to visit any B&M and see what's shaking
That was Definitely on the agenda for Fort Collins. But then some poser weekend warrior trailering from KANSAS ferchristsakes nailed my parked scoot with his trailer, then decided to make a run for the CO border when I asked for his insurance docs. Fortunately, I followed him and 911 tracked my phone and he got stopped by Wyoming state police before he got to Cheyenne.

Why does everyone want to hurt my damn scoot? Dafuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors