Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cant use rayon!! That squeaky nboise and feeling when it rubs together or when you squeeze it sends chills down my spine and gives me goosebumps....that same feeling some people get when they see other people chew tin foil or touch certain surfaces...

Then how the hell do you walk in powdery snow? To me it's a very similar feeling to how rayon feels when you rub it together.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gah, my damn Iowa vac truck broke down today on the way to the job. Fuel pump. Had to reschedule for Monday, which means I WON'T be on that jet ferry across lake Michigan with all the Michigan bound Sturgis riders going home. That was going to be a party... And I could still be at the Buffalo Chip.

I've never had a chance to use this emoticon before, but.. :cry:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep walkin, fella. I don't pick up strangers that are better endowed than me. Stopping to take this picture though, it might be a contest who has the bigger balls. These Dominant Males are MEAN.

woot5.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think she only liked me for my 2 liter CamelBack of a different flavor of Margarita every night at the band shell... STILL can't believe they let me in with that every night. Saved a fortune on libations, and made a LOT of friends... We laughed our asses off. I would tell the girls it was gravity fed, and they would have to kneel in front of me for a drink from my hose.. GOD, I love shenanigans...

woot4.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, wasn't that the thing that everyone in Close Encounters was trying to sculpt? The guy sculpting it with mashed potatoes was hilarious. :D

Andria

It is, that's the Devils Tower near Hulett Wyoming, on the Spearfish Canyon loop. The big fella was shot on the Wildlife Loop of the Needles Hwy. AMAZING beasts, and they can run FAST. Two rangers tried to drive that one away from the road by cracking bull whips. He'd have no part of it, and when he charged them, you shoulda SEEN how fast two guys could jump into a truck.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is, that's the Devils Tower near Hulett Wyoming, on the Spearfish Canyon loop. The big fella was shot on the Wildlife Loop of the Needles Hwy. AMAZING beasts, and they can run FAST. Two rangers tried to drive that one away from the road by cracking bull whips. He'd have no part of it, and when he charged them, you shoulda SEEN how fast two guys could jump into a truck.

The natural history of the west is fascinating to me... especially when you consider the VAST magma chamber underneath it all. But just recently I got completely lost in the history of the Salton Sea.... I think what fascinates me is that the land seems to be static, unchanging... but in the west, you can clearly see that that is NOT the case; it changes radically, but at a pace that humans can't really grasp easily. But when it does happen fast... well... San Francisco in 1906 comes to mind.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dang! They close up early down there.

The interstate a couple miles north of where I live.

13886296_1470634226295591_3454097390864808444_n.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn Doc! I guess I need to pay attention to the news or something, I had no idea it was that bad down there. Stay safe.

Its really screwed up down here but we are safe. Not far from here I heard caskets have floated up. Around the corner down the road the little creek is flooded over the road and trees are down everywhere. Water got into the house yesterday and today but the ex was able to get 30 sandbags from the parish today so shouldnt get anymore water into the house. So we be good :D

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its really screwed up down here but we are safe. Not far from here I heard caskets have floated up. Around the corner down the road the little creek is flooded over the road and trees are down everywhere. Water got into the house yesterday and today but the ex was able to get 30 sandbags from the parish today so shouldnt get anymore water into the house. So we be good :D
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Glad you're fine. Now, I'm just picturing my mother's grave being washed out. :( WTF!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I trust YOU ARE NOT out there hucking sandbags mister!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I trust YOU ARE NOT out there hucking sandbags mister!

I went to put my shoes on to help and was bluntly told "just what the fuck you think your doing" so took the shoes back off.

I55 is closed??? OMG.

That pic I posted is I 55 between Amite and Independence. I live west of Independence about two miles from the interstate.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Glad you're fine. Now, I'm just picturing my mother's grave being washed out. :( WTF!

Hope she isnt also

That's CRAZY, Doc! Stay safe, and high! :)

Just another day in the south :D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I went to put my shoes on to help and was bluntly told "just what the fuck you think your doing" so took the shoes back off.

That pic I posted is I 55 between Amite and Independence. I live west of Independence about two miles from the interstate.

Hope she isnt also

You can make the cocoa for everyone :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Hope she isnt also

Some of my cousins are still looking for sandbags in Killian. They're ok though. Thank GOD. My sister posted this earlier today:
upload_2016-8-12_21-18-23.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

From the looks of that mess on radar, it ain't done with you; it seems to be doing a slow circular motion, but mostly stationary over your area. I noticed it looked pretty bad on radar yesterday.

Our weather here has been weird as shit this week -- normally we get our weather from the west -- anywhere from SW to NW... but thx to that shit in the Atlantic, our weather has been coming from the SE. Weird as hell!

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
From the looks of that mess on radar, it ain't done with you; it seems to be doing a slow circular motion, but mostly stationary over your area. I noticed it looked pretty bad on radar yesterday.

Our weather here has been weird as shit this week -- normally we get our weather from the west -- anywhere from SW to NW... but thx to that shit in the Atlantic, our weather has been coming from the SE. Weird as hell!

Andria
Were supposed to get like 7 inches this week

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Were supposed to get like 7 inches this week

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You're in Kentucky, right? There's another godawful weather system that stretches from SW of St Louis all the way to Chicago and beyond, but it's clearly a front, almost a straight line; if that's the system supposed to dump on you, it may well peter out before it gets there.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors