ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morley, they say every dog will have his day; the Goon is Hank's day :giggle:

I actually got my first on Modded by Apex just to cheese Spanky. Little did I know, it would be a rabbit hole, lol

Ain't that always how it seems to go. "Ha! I'll show them!" ... "Damn it, if my foot had salt it would taste better." :)

I still want a Goon or two from looking at them. Their decks look to be a snap to build on. Granted, I'm also more than a pickled peach happy with the Velocity style, as well. Still nice to have a few different choices on hand. Yet most of these rdas seem keen to do the same thing, make vapor.

Yay! Pickled eyeballs for breakfast! Wish I could recall where they were from. * toddles on singing tra la la la *

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morely has learned how to fly?
Bout time.

News to me. Ah, that might have been what I was doing last night jumping off our house roof. Most of the times I hit the ground. A few times I forgot to hit it though. ...

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead—your next stop, the Twilight Zone!

In case it was missed, which I think it might have been. Loves you all. Now, enjoy your merry & GFY! :) *hugs all around*

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had to go get my guns out of the cabinet and on the bed. All I need for them to be destroyed.

They wouldnt give me flood insurance here but its cool. I was just barely in the flood plain here. But guess that is what FEMA is for.

Its actually funny in some regards. I just watched the cat pan float by :giggle:
Godang!!!! I feel so frickin BAD for you. All the health stuff and now this!!! Hang in there dude.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A foot? You say that as if it is a lot. Let me tell you what it's like if you head a bit further North than Indy, towards my neck of the woods:

Published on Feb 22, 2015
New Carlisle, the unofficial snow capital of Indiana, gets an average of 95 inches of snow every year -- nearly four times the amount of snow that falls in Indianapolis.
By Saturday, the day before the official start of winter and ending a week when a coating of snow and ice rocked Central Indiana with school closings and traffic nightmares, New Carlisle had recorded about 32 inches this season, and it takes an awful lot of snow to close the schools.
"If I had to guess, I would say somewhere over 20-plus inches might require a closing, but it's all in the timing," said Philip Bender, superintendent of New Prairie Schools. "It really depends when it falls. If it falls overnight, we can get to school with a two-hour delay."
Situated in a rare pocket east and south of Lake Michigan, New Carlisle has the distinction of getting hit with monster snows that blow off the lake in two directions.
"New Carlisle is in the not-so-enviable location of having lake-effect snow from a northwesterly wind and a westerly wind," said Rick Mecklenburg, the weatherman on WSBT-TV in South Bend, where they get 76 inches per year, almost 20 fewer inches than New Carlisle, even though they are just 10 miles to the east.
Longtime residents in this town of 1,500 recall there was once a sign on U.S. 20 that informed motorists of the town's distinction as the "snow capital of Indiana," but that sign is long gone, and nobody seems to know where it went."

This picture? Just another day in the Lake-effect region.
e36ab2c0-1a8c-4051-abc1-0de86a73c257-large16x9_Winterstorm.jpg

Yeah I've heard about that lake effect; my husband's former boss is from Buffalo. :D And I had a friend many years ago from... hmm, one of those N. NY places... Rochester, maybe?

Down here, they close the schools if there's a half-inch, and everyone hollers the Vic DiBitetto motto -- "Bread & milk! Gotta get the bread & milk!"

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
G'mornin' fugee peeps, and GFYs, except chopdoc, I think mother nature has done that for him. :facepalm: And those of you in or near the Ohio Valley, you're up next, so get your boats ready!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You were playing with the muon orbiting the electron thing again, weren't you!? How many times have you been warned about not messing with the Standard Model and breaking it, hmmm?
Douggro! You are supposed to be undercover and you're giving yourself up!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
G'mornin' fugee peeps, and GFYs, except chopdoc, I think mother nature has done that for him. :facepalm: And those of you in or near the Ohio Valley, you're up next, so get your boats ready!

Andria
Batten down the hatches.
Morning Fugees

GFY all - anyone hear from Doc this a.m.?
I haven't. But my cousins live just within 40 minutes of him and one posted this of the Pier 22 bar so it isn't good:
upload_2016-8-13_11-6-6.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah it's pretty bad; they're saying 3 dead, 1 missing, in LA. Hope chopdoc and his buddies are still safe at his mom's.

Andria
Me too. He's been through enough already with all the health crap. :( Bad thing is he lives near the Tangipahoa river and that thing is a BEAST when it floods. The Amite river is supposed to crest at 44 ft.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me too. He's been through enough already with all the health crap. :( Bad thing is he lives near the Tangipahoa river and that thing is a BEAST when it floods. The Amite river is supposed to crest at 44 ft.

IKR?!?! I was thinking, damn, he's working out a lot of karma these days, with all the health shit and now this flood shit. As if he didn't have enough problems already!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IKR?!?! I was thinking, damn, he's working out a lot of karma these days, with all the health shit and now this flood shit. As if he didn't have enough problems already!

Andria
Right!?!
I'm guessing we won't hear much from him based on his post about evacuating. Sounded like he wouldn't be checking in very often. I'm sort of just assuming he's OK for now, wasn't gonna really worry until later this evening.
True. He's probably still getting things out of his house. When you have 2 feet of water it soaks EVERTHING. Ruins the sheetrock, cabinets, furniture. Hopefully he's getting some help with it.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right!?!

True. He's probably still getting things out of his house. When you have 2 feet of water it soaks EVERTHING. Ruins the sheetrock, cabinets, furniture. Hopefully he's getting some help with it.
I didn't even consider he'd be trying to get stuff out. I hope not. I figured he just headed to his mom's and holed up there. You really think he's trying to get stuff outta the house?

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am too. Love watching all those weather shows. GM all!!!

Good morning back Atcha! :blowkiss: And good morning and GFY everyone.

Can't wait to get home to my Petri's. I think my Supima Gold FINALLY made it home, thanks Doc Iguana! Looking forward to some fresh RDA builds. The Crown is a magnificent performer, and really dependable, but doesn't QUITE have that oomph that a good RDA has. Gotta get my Goons working right too, must be my build. Everyone else seems to love em.

Got my crew scrubbing my bike down. :giggle: They're here, and I'd pay them 4 hours downtime for the day anyway, so.. Sometimes it's good to be king. It got TOTALLY trashed in that 3 hour rain ride. Rescheduled the ferry for Tuesday. Rally ends tomorrow, and I think there will be a lot of riders showing up for the Tuesday boat. Should still be a good time. Looking good for some saddle time today and tomorrow.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We got flooded out in 2006 and the best thing to do is grab your meds, pets and get to higher ground right away. This is also where having a bug-out pack is essential. It's also good to have all your essential paperwork in one easy to move file.

Insurance, FEMA, etc. usually require a lot of documentation like property deeds, pink slips, etc.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL! Now admittedly, this is only a small part of the year here. And even when it's snowing it doesn't usually look as bad as that picture. But, yeah 90+ inches of snow per winter is normal, and areas even 20 miles away don't get half that.

Every time I have to take that trip around the bottom of Lake Michigan, I wonder how people can live there. NO MATTER HOW beauiful a day it is, we run into snow and slippery roads there. It just DOES NOT stop it seems. I use an ATV with a blade on it to keep my 400' drive and parking areas clear, and I enjoy the HELL out of doing it. It's a lot like motorcycling. Wind in my face, outdoors.. I think I could live where you do, Kad.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My latest order isn't even gonna ship for two more weeks...
I've been trying to track down a Stumpy (clone) for awhile now, Well, someone pointed out to me that FT was showing it available in SS, even though it had been listed for quite awhile as discontinued. So I head to FT, and while seeing if there is anything else I want I stumbled on the new Noisy Cricket II (preorder) and decided I liked some of the improvements, so spur of the moment added one to my cart.

Got an email a couple days later "We are sorry, the Stumpy clones are discontinued, blah blah blah..." So now, I'm waiting for them to actually get the Noisy Cricket II in, which I hadn't planned on buying, and I'm still looking for the Stumpy. Oh well.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I may not have any vapemail coming, but this check, I told my husband that I MUST! have a new showerhead, and a clear shower curtain, because I'm tired of showering in the dark! So I found a clear shower curtain on amazon for $6.99! woohoo! but I'[ll shop at Home Depot for the showerhead, so I can look at it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I've heard about that lake effect; <snip> And I had a friend many years ago from... hmm, one of those N. NY places... Rochester, maybe?
Andria

I finally remembered! It wasn't Rochester, it was Syracuse! :facepalm: Maybe I need *more* nicotine, not less... :facepalm:

Andria

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might order another coppervape.....
Might wait a while though.....
I'm tempted myself. On the other hand, I'm also tempted to buy another wood squonker from Sonar if he has more by the time I'm ready to spend again. Have to put any further purchases on hold for at least a couple weeks, so I'll probably be outta luck on those though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I will cut back to 1 order every month or two.
It's not like I need any vape stuff for quite a while.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ahh the old don't go outside of the box mindset.
I have nothing against going outside of the box; just make sure you put things back when you're done playing with them! A muon here, a gluon there.. next thing you know there are particles all over the place, and they're like glitter: you find them where they have no business being.
Douggro! You are supposed to be undercover and you're giving yourself up!!! :rolleyes:
My cover is safe as long as you don't call me Doug... Oh, drat! Now I've done it.:rolleyes:

Dinsdale!? Dinsdale!!

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Life never throws more at you than you can handle. It's how you handle it that matters.
@chopdoc has a good head on the shoulders, and friends here and elsewhere to help pick him up if he needs it.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, I may not have any vapemail coming, but this check, I told my husband that I MUST! have a new showerhead, and a clear shower curtain, because I'm tired of showering in the dark! So I found a clear shower curtain on amazon for $6.99! woohoo! but I'[ll shop at Home Depot for the showerhead, so I can look at it.

Andria
One of the BEST changes we made in our shower was putting in one of the curved shower rods - you can get them at Home Depot, 'cause that's where I got ours. Takes that claustrophobic feeling out of being in the shower. The double-bar one is awesome since you can hang your towel on it and have it right there when you're ready to dry off in the tub. Installed ours with the help of the youngest daughter - she's got the "fixer/handy" gene from me - in less than an hour.

ETA: here's the shower rod at Home Depot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors