Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of the BEST changes we made in our shower was putting in one of the curved shower rods - you can get them at Home Depot, 'cause that's where I got ours. Takes that claustrophobic feeling out of being in the shower. The double-bar one is awesome since you can hang your towel on it and have it right there when you're ready to dry off in the tub. Installed ours with the help of the youngest daughter - she's got the "fixer/handy" gene from me - in less than an hour.

ETA: here's the shower rod at Home Depot.

Kidding, right? My aunt gave us a ceiling fan to replace the defunct one in my dining room, over 3 yrs ago... it's still sitting in a box out in the garage. :facepalm: I'll make do with the regular rod I've got now! Nothing wrong with it. I just need a new showerhead because the one I have now is very old, and won't focus straight down anymore, it rolls off to one side or the other. and the white shower curtain blocks too much light, so i want a clear one. I *will* beat him if necessary to make him put up the new showerhead, but I hate to go nuts for no particular reason. Maybe the curved rod next year. :)

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kidding, right? My aunt gave us a ceiling fan to replace the defunct one in my dining room, over 3 yrs ago... it's still sitting in a box out in the garage. :facepalm: I'll make do with the regular rod I've got now! Nothing wrong with it. I just need a new showerhead because the one I have now is very old, and won't focus straight down anymore, it rolls off to one side or the other. and the white shower curtain blocks too much light, so i want a clear one. I *will* beat him if necessary to make him put up the new showerhead, but I hate to go nuts for no particular reason. Maybe the curved rod next year. :)

Andria
Curved rod. LOL

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the NarDa has air slots about the size of the bottom slots on the Coppervape RDA ( 2nd edition not the one with windows), The NarDa would be perfection.
A bit too tight for my tastes.

Just using the bottom airflow and with the coils right over the air holes the Coppervape RDA is pretty nice.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys, just doing a drive by. Water receded this evening and from what it looks like it was a total loss. Over 2 foot of water got into the house and car. Staying at my mom's with my pets for now. Looks like a few months before my house will be livable again :(
We are actually lucky, many lost far more than we did and guess
It was a lesson in life to never get too attached to material things :(

Will be around when I can, vape on and thanks for all the well wishes. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, just doing a drive by. Water receded this evening and from what it looks like it was a total loss. Over 2 foot of water got into the house and car. Staying at my mom's with my pets for now. Looks like a few months before my house will be livable again :(

DAMN! Hate that you have had such a run of bad luck lately.
Hang in there.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn doc, wish it hadn't turned out like that.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
No, quite serious. I'm 6'3"+ with a lot of wingspan and the missus is not, erm.. petite. It's like having a different effing shower with that new rod in there.
If it's not your slice of toast, no worries. ;)

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Good to know you're safe. :) Sorry about the other stuff. :(
Material things can be replaced; people can't.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, quite serious. I'm 6'3"+ with a lot of wingspan and the missus is not, erm.. petite. It's like having a different effing shower with that new rod in there.
If it's not your slice of toast, no worries. ;)

Well, I'm about 5'6", my husband is 5'5", and neither of us is very wide. Sure, it sounds like it would be great, but not essential -- essential is having a showerhead that will stay pointing straight down instead of off to either side, and having enough light in there, I don't feel like I'm going blind. Gotta get another tension shower rod too, so the curtain can be hung separate from the liner, so the curtain can be open while I'm showering. I can also tell that it won't be long before I'm going to need a chair in there, for when I'm washing my feet and legs; it's getting harder and harder to hang on and balance on one foot. :facepalm:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like bored much more than drama.

Want to liven things up?
Run nekkid thru your neighborhood.
Not boring :rolleyes:

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm about 5'6", my husband is 5'5", and neither of us is very wide. Sure, it sounds like it would be great, but not essential -- essential is having a showerhead that will stay pointing straight down instead of off to either side, and having enough light in there, I don't feel like I'm going blind. Gotta get another tension shower rod too, so the curtain can be hung separate from the liner, so the curtain can be open while I'm showering. I can also tell that it won't be long before I'm going to need a chair in there, for when I'm washing my feet and legs; it's getting harder and harder to hang on and balance on one foot. :facepalm:

Andria
As a good friend once pointed out to me, "There's no shame in gettin' old, but damn, it's inconvenient!"
You can guess I have the same problem balancing when washing the feet.. :facepalm:

The first rental house the wife and I lived in had the shower head height about where the water would hit me in the chest. Three years, I washed my hair kneeling in the tub.

Shower heads are easy to change; all you need is a decent-size Crescent wrench and some Teflon tape.
Having one that stays where you aim it = priceless!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As a good friend once pointed out to me, "There's no shame in gettin' old, but damn, it's inconvenient!"
You can guess I have the same problem balancing when washing the feet.. :facepalm:

The first rental house the wife and I lived in had the shower head height about where the water would hit me in the chest. Three years, I washed my hair kneeling in the tub.

Shower heads are easy to change; all you need is a decent-size Crescent wrench and some Teflon tape.
Having one that stays where you aim it = priceless!

Yeah, the ol man isn't bad at doing stuff like that... he'd probably even install the curved rod if I really wanted it, but all I really care about is having enough light in there.

Now if I could just motivate him to install that damn ceiling fan. :D He creates all new cuss words, everytime he has to do one of those. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Once in the middle of a brain-melting hot flash, I went out and shoveled snow off the steps leading up to my house wearing only my Sorrells

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees....hope everyone had a lovely Saturday.......:vino:

Ordered a couple baby Goons last night, based on Juices review should be tasty lil morsels.......:wait:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day Juice?.....what exciting event happened in your neck of the woods today?

Pretty soon I'll be asking how's the weather on the Island....in which you won't even need to reply....DITTO will work for 24/7-365...:)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How was your day Juice?.....what exciting event happened in your neck of the woods today?

Pretty soon I'll be asking how's the weather on the Island....in which you won't even need to reply....DITTO will work for 24/7-365...:)

Wet - but we didn't flood, so better than old Chopdoc

Bet you are still hotter than the dickens down there

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Next summer, we're supposed to set a firm date very soon.

We don't have a house yet though

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Next summer, we're supposed to set a firm date very soon.

We don't have a house yet though
Sounds like a winner. You can get a decent house for less than 300K I believe....decent enough for me anyway....windows are optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors