ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I almost forgot the chick from Defiance. Ummm, yeah, she wasn't human either.
Defiance-Irisa.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She looks like she could kick some serious ass.
Yeah, she has a time or two. For some reason I really liked the first season of that show, but couldn't keep watching it once the second season started. Oh well. Good sci fi is hard to find, even in the name of the channel...went downhill when the Sci Fi channel became SyFy

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, she has a time or two. For some reason I really liked the first season of that show, but couldn't keep watching it once the second season started. Oh well. Good sci fi is hard to find, even in the name of the channel...went downhill when the Sci Fi channel became SyFy
Yea, I remember that day. :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A bit stuck now. Know I need to write, finding it difficult to do so. Can only return to the thought that no matter what I come back to the point of having to wait on people to do things in order that I manifest goals. Growing food to sell is no good if no one buys it. Writing stories is the same too, people have to buy them.

Reading here now about @chopdoc's loss of $30,000 in three motorcycles. Don't take this the wrong way. To me that would have bought my wife and me a home, land and house, well, utility hookups. I understand feeling that a flood, or any natural disaster taking things away is a bit unfair. Lived through a flood back in 1988, Shenandoah River flooded. We were fortunate and spared loss. We went and helped those that were not. So, yes I understand that feeling.

I also understand the feeling I'm having too. Damn, $30,000 on motorcycles? That could have been a forever home for some, what could not afford it no matter how much they applied themselves, put their backs to the grindstone. No matter if they never made a bad choice in life. Yes, me and her probably have our fair share of bad choices. That's not the point. The point is it seems kind of pointless.

Yes, I'm sad you guys getting the rougher ends presently have lost stuff. Many of you probably won't ever recover in full. I'm not negating that, or belittling it. If we could, we would help. As it is we're barely holding on ourselves and we're living with her sis and family. Not sure it would be faring much better had I some high waged / salaried occupation. Seems life is keen on slinging unfairness at all in equal proportion.

Not sure if I can read enough "happy" news to defray the languished mood I'm finding myself in. How can I be bothered to write stories for selling when the world seems to be shit no matter what? I might be over thinking a plate of beans. Sorry, I'm human and prone to empathy, compassion, passion. Whew, hope the psychologist tells me it's fine to be a sociopath. Feeling things is detrimental for me it would seem. Might even reconsider going on lithium.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A bit stuck now. Know I need to write, finding it difficult to do so. Can only return to the thought that no matter what I come back to the point of having to wait on people to do things in order that I manifest goals. Growing food to sell is no good if no one buys it. Writing stories is the same too, people have to buy them.

Reading here now about @chopdoc's loss of $30,000 in three motorcycles. Don't take this the wrong way. To me that would have bought my wife and me a home, land and house, well, utility hookups. I understand feeling that a flood, or any natural disaster taking things away is a bit unfair. Lived through a flood back in 1988, Shenandoah River flooded. We were fortunate and spared loss. We went and helped those that were not. So, yes I understand that feeling.

I also understand the feeling I'm having too. Damn, $30,000 on motorcycles? That could have been a forever home for some, what could not afford it no matter how much they applied themselves, put their backs to the grindstone. No matter if they never made a bad choice in life. Yes, me and her probably have our fair share of bad choices. That's not the point. The point is it seems kind of pointless.

Yes, I'm sad you guys getting the rougher ends presently have lost stuff. Many of you probably won't ever recover in full. I'm not negating that, or belittling it. If we could, we would help. As it is we're barely holding on ourselves and we're living with her sis and family. Not sure it would be faring much better had I some high waged / salaried occupation. Seems life is keen on slinging unfairness at all in equal proportion.

Not sure if I can read enough "happy" news to defray the languished mood I'm finding myself in. How can I be bothered to write stories for selling when the world seems to be shit no matter what? I might be over thinking a plate of beans. Sorry, I'm human and prone to empathy, compassion, passion. Whew, hope the psychologist tells me it's fine to be a sociopath. Feeling things is detrimental for me it would seem. Might even reconsider going on lithium.

Naw! You are FINE, Bro! All of those are NORMAL thoughts, and your gift of a creative mind is almost ALWAYS accompanied by a less than usual thought process.

As far as material shit goes, I understand. But a lot of people who choose esoteric when young, over material, have those feelings when older, forgetting that they willingly sidestepped the "rat race".

Not a "bad choice", just an alternative one. I am sure it had it's great moments.

Skip the lithium, make the world accept you as you are...

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Quite the vape mail nightmare today. OBS sent some new products my way to review. Via dhl express. I get an email and text saying they were delivered to the porch at 10:30am and signed for. I didn't sign for it...go take a look and theres nothing there. On and off the phone with dhl all day. No help whatsoever. So I decided, at about 8 pm, to give a couple neighbors calls that have similar house numbers, etc. Everyone says no, sorry, haven't seen it. Five minutes later. I go to leave the house and there it is. Magically sitting on the door step. Dunno if a neighbor ended up saying no then immediately brought it over, or if dhl found it, or what. it's slightly shady, but I'm so relieved to have received the package. Dhl express from china is not cheap I'm sure, so I was nervous. I hope everyone else had a less bureaucratic nightmare sort of day, and I know with what chop is going through etc this is the definition of first world problem. Hope you're hanging in there chop, and of course if there's any way I can help you, just shoot a message my way. Hope everyone else is keeping it together and trucking along.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my life is certainly not as shitty as chopdoc's here lately, but I have today learned to hate Home Depot even worse than I hate Walmart. 3 fucking Home Depot stores, not one had the round tension rod I was looking for... walmart.com is down, but we found the tension rod I want AT Walmart. I did get a new Waterpik shower massage showerhead at Home Depot, $24.98, so that's a good deal. The mate is currently getting the showerhead and new curtain rod all setup for me.

and home depot can BITE MY ASS.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Naw! You are FINE, Bro! All of those are NORMAL thoughts, and your gift of a creative mind is almost ALWAYS accompanied by a less than usual thought process.

As far as material shit goes, I understand. But a lot of people who choose esoteric when young, over material, have those feelings when older, forgetting that they willingly sidestepped the "rat race".

Not a "bad choice", just an alternative one. I am sure it had it's great moments.

Skip the lithium, make the world accept you as you are...

It isn't so much there was a choice, materialistic or esoteric. Never had any real grasp upon the materialistic. Life only granted a pocketful of hope and those who had more, bending us over and promising, "work hard and you too can get here." And ultimately, I grew up learning that things are used, people are loved. I grew up understanding no one can take anything material with them. That material things really don't matter too much.

And I'm not boo hooing now and saying I want material things, exactly. You know, it would be nice if every family even if only two people and a bunch of critters could have a home guaranteed. It would be nice if life was a completely fair field for all. I know though that's a dream obviously. I'm not jealous of others having more. I'm just stating life's not fair for anyone. Those who have "all the toys", well, often they lack the love and good living of those who don't have any toys. And it works inversely, those without toys got love, living, light but well hey they lack resources to go far, or even homes.

All of that, makes me fucking sad for all of us. We cannot be sharing and caring enough to create a fair world. It's always, "got mine, fuck you." Then you got folks like me caught between because we feel this shit, we see the world as the shit that it is, we can trace a lot back in history, we see us repeating all the same fucking petty mistakes. Does it matter one whit? No. Going to be what is going to be. There's no change, only an illusion of it. And that too adds to sadness.

Even if I am accepted as I am, doesn't matter. It's all still the same. I still cannot write, I still cannot function in the world as it exists beyond helping my wife. I still need to laundry that ought to have been done three days ago. I've had to wait on others so as to do it, those others are supposedly family, supposedly able to understand two bags of laundry setting in the laundry area waiting. But no, no one wants to finish their laundry. Me and the wife are second, third class people, again the whole "got mine, fuck you" attitude.

If were up to me, I'd pitch their laundry out in the damn bottom, go on and do ours. But I'm the "nice guy" the "bigger man", the "better man". Growing tired of that as well, and yes it too adds to sadness. Be nice if we had our own home, our own washer and dryer in our own home. But, we cannot, at least not yet, maybe in five years but I have doubts. Even then we'd still be paying it off for another 30-40 years.

Sorry, life is shitty, then you die. There's your instruction manual and nutshell. So, no, I'm not decrying the esoteric choice I made. I made no such choice, hope, dreams were all I've ever been allowed in life, probably all I ever will have. Not decrying it either because well, I'm not really materialistic. I'm pragmatic though. I do enjoy living at least fairly well. As it is we get by and that's it. As I said, I'm just seeing shitty life for everyone and it's got me screwed up. Not anything really new, seems that's been the story of my life. Awe well, others have it worse. Guess that ought to make me happy, unfortunately it doesn't.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, my life is certainly not as shitty as chopdoc's here lately, but I have today learned to hate Home Depot even worse than I hate Walmart. 3 fucking Home Depot stores, not one had the round tension rod I was looking for... walmart.com is down, but we found the tension rod I want AT Walmart. I did get a new Waterpik shower massage showerhead at Home Depot, $24.98, so that's a good deal. The mate is currently getting the showerhead and new curtain rod all setup for me.

and home depot can BITE MY ASS.

Andria
I worked for home depot for almost a year. Let me tell you. Home depot sucks in so many ways you can't even imagine...

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey all, just a GFY drive by.

I got e--mail notice just a few hours ago that Xtar Direct has a 10 year anniversary promotion going on. Everything site wide is 20% off through August 31st with code XTAR20 - the code is entered during the checkout process. And that's in combination with free shipping too. (No code needed for the free shipping.)

www.xtardirect.com

Chargers, of course, but if anyone needs a good multi-port USB charging bank they have the U1 6 port bank for $23.99 after the discount.

https://www.xtardirect.com/products/u1-six-u-45w-6-port-usb-charger-hub

Technical review here:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/USBpower Xtar U1 UK.html

Their single 2.1 amp USB power supply is cheaper, and has a good technical review too. (Their is so much shit out there in crap USB power supplies...)

May want to take a look at the three or four 18650 batteries that would be ok for vaping. Not sure about the pricing on those.

Your Jewish Mother shopping tip of the day. Gotta go. Bye. Hope y'all is been doing ok.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Leave it to you. You're right though in some ways. In others, well, it's all a dark abyss.

Guess I'm not past it. Not sure I will be. I'll just keep to myself more here. No point to be the downer. Sorry if I have been.
The point that is hard to find and really realize is that the abyss is as deep and dark as you LET it be.
And yeah I know that knowing and realizing are not the same thing.
Takes work and time. And often proper medications.
Been there done that and will likely do it all again....

Look up and really listen to the Serenity Prayer.
Not religious myself but not bad words to live by.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The point that is hard to find and really realize is that the abyss is as deep and dark as you LET it be.
And yeah I know that knowing and realizing are not the same thing.
Takes work and time. And often proper medications.
Been there done that and will likely do it all again....

Look up and really listen to the Serenity Prayer.
Not religious myself but not bad words to live by.

I understand part of that prayer says you ask to be able to accept the things you're unable to change. That's fine I can accept them. That doesn't mean I need to like being unable to change them, or am even capable of liking that.

And that is kind of my frustration too. There is too much beyond my control. I had felt if I could write and try making a go of that, I would have some control. Well, it happens I chose to be blind to needing to await others to buy stories. I was accepting that merely taking responsibility would change everything, out of hope.

Life came along and said to me, "sorry, life doesn't work that way." I'm sure you've heard the expression, "wish in one hand and defecate in the other", there's where I found myself. And that has been nearly my entire life. I got married, that was possibly the best thing. Even then she feels we're in a sinking ship as well. I'm powerless to make her feel otherwise, talk about a kick in the nuts.

Medications cannot help what is. That would be akin to an alcoholic that drinks to forget their troubles, then sobers up and still has the same troubles, or worse due to the drinking. What point lies in making things worse? Thank you though. I appreciate the thought of the Serenity Prayer. Oddly much as I try, have difficulty accepting the whole "God's will argument", even thinking of it as a means of release, comfort. Again, back to wishing, wish it worked for me but I find it doesn't.

If it did, well, I would obviously not be writing this. Instead, I would be all kinds of ecstatic, high on life, moving on from the low point. As I said, I'll just hold back and do my best to muddle on. Seems all I'm able.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate the thought of the Serenity Prayer. Oddly much as I try, have difficulty accepting the whole "God's will argument", even thinking of it as a means of release, comfort.

I'm not religious at all; if someone says something like "God's Will" to me, I figure it means "I don't have a clue, but maybe someone somewhere does," or maybe it just means "shit happens."

The serenity prayer doesn't have anything at all to do with "god's will." It's about accepting what can't be changed, bravery to change what can, AND BEING ABLE TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE! I'll give you an example.

My husband has always been a blue-collar wage slave. Mostly, we haven't had it too hard thru the years, because he's a hard worker, smart, conscientious, knows how to be there when he's supposed to be, and never EVER says "it's not my job." So he's had fairly steady employment. But in 2006, the owner of the co. he worked for died, and when the estate was out of probate, his stupid bitch of a wife decided not to sell the company outright, but to LIQUIDATE it, piece by fucking piece. Which meant all those jobs went away, along with the benefits -- my husband had 16 yrs there, knew the biz inside and out (packaging, mainly cardboard boxes), and had a terrific relationship with his immediate supervisor, the plant mgr. Nothing anybody could do about it: that job was history (and thank god our son was 18 that year, out and gone to the Navy!).

Things weren't yet as bad as they were going to get, but it still took him 6 months to find another decent job. At another pkging co., cardboard boxes again. They're great folks, a small co., and really care about their employees, but they're not supermen; they couldn't hold back the economic disaster that hit the entire US and a large part of the world, thanks to those idiots repealing that law that gave some oversight to securities, and Wall St and the bankers just running off with it. They ended up letting go all their "dead wood," people who were there to get a paycheck but not necessarily to work, and everyone else got scaled back to 34.5 hrs a week -- we had been accustomed to 40 hrs plus about 8 hrs OT every week, so that was a big hurt. At the time, we were paying $650/mo rent.... and every payday, it was "can we buy groceries?" We did, though not a hell of a lot, and very often still didn't have enough for rent. We were at the very cusp of declaring bankruptcy, which my son informed me that if we did, we couldn't qualify for Habitat for Humanity or any other kind of homebuying program for 2 yrs.... which would have been the end, we'd have been homeless. So I put my foot right down on the bankruptcy idea. Instead, we paid one debt that wasn't collateralized, and let another one go, allowing them to repo a vehicle which didn't work anyway.

We figured out that if we had $6000, we could pay off enough debt to bring my husband's credit score up to something that would permit a mortgage... and given that homes were selling for virtual pennies on the dollar in 2011, we took the problem to my parents, and asked if they could help us, rather than the constant disasters and emergencies, $200-$300 here there and everywhere. They gave it some thought, and decided that yes, they could get into their savings and help us with $6000, with some oversight, so we could get out of that disastrous situation. And fortunately, we did. The last 5 yrs haven't been a piece of cake; at first it was almost as hard as it had been, but our housing costs were a lot lower ($450/mo instead of $650), and we could afford to eat again. By virtue of 1) me watching every penny like a fucking hawk; 2) him getting several raises, once the company got its feet under it again; and 3) me quitting the $175-$200 a month money hemorrhage of cigarettes.... we're in MUCH better shape now -- we've even paid off several more long-standing debts that had been hanging on our necks for years.

We couldn't do a single thing about the job going away, or the economic disaster, except try to hang on by our fingernails. We COULD do something about my husband's credit worthiness, and my parents were a HUGE help -- but being able to SEE what we might be able to change, that took a great deal of angst and chest-beating and finally, clear sight, that filing bankruptcy really wouldn't help anything. Then we had to get off our butts and actually make it happen. There's a country song I like by Zac Brown Band helped along by Alan Jackson, that says, "roll the dice and have some faith." That's what we did. We're not on Easy St by any stretch of the imagination -- but we're definitely at a much better address, figuratively and literally!

And the house we paid $60k for, in 2011? Got our tax assessment yesterday: it's now worth $115k.

Andria

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$450 a month for a mortgage? I'm at $1200 a month and our house was $154k with $25k down!!! $8k a year alone in property taxes, but it was assessed for $250k. We did $20k worth of remodeling(no labor costs, that was all materials).

And $650 for rent? Shit were now thinking of buying a new house and renting our current one that's 3rms, 1.75 baths and 1,750sq ft for $2,000 a month.... without utilities

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
$450 a month for a mortgage? I'm at $1200 a month and our house was $154k with $25k down!!! $8k a year alone in property taxes, but it was assessed for $250k. We did $20k worth of remodeling(no labor costs, that was all materials).

And $650 for rent? Shit were now thinking of buying a new house and renting our current one that's 3rms, 1.75 baths and 1,750sq ft for $2,000 a month.... without utilities

Yeah, the cost of living is a lot higher up there... or really, most places outside the deep south. Our house is a single level, 3BR/2BA, almost 1400 sqft; quarter acre lot. We got our assessment yesterday, as I said, and our taxes for this year are $1503; insurance is about $1100. Our payments have fluctuated a little, due to the escrow for tax and insurance being built in, but the biggest payment we've had so far was $521. Right now, the payment is $497, and due to the taxes going up about $284 this year, we'll start adding an additional $25 to the escrow every month, even before they do the re-analysis.

Andria

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the cost of living is a lot higher up there... or really, most places outside the deep south. Our house is a single level, 3BR/2BA, almost 1400 sqft; quarter acre lot. We got our assessment yesterday, as I said, and our taxes for this year are $1503; insurance is about $1100. Our payments have fluctuated a little, due to the escrow for tax and insurance being built in, but the biggest payment we've had so far was $521. Right now, the payment is $497, and due to the taxes going up about $284 this year, we'll start adding an additional $25 to the escrow every month, even before they do the re-analysis.

Andria
It is pricey up here and minimum wage is horrible $9.60 an hour, so for a lot of people it's hard to own a house with what they make around here. Doesn't help property taxes here are insane, my brothers house is right around $16k a year for them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is pricey up here and minimum wage is horrible $9.60 an hour, so for a lot of people it's hard to own a house with what they make around here. Doesn't help property taxes here are insane, my brothers house is right around $16k a year for them.

Our real estate lady told us that if we'd come to her in 2005 and said we wanted to buy a house in Lawrenceville for $60k, she'd have laughed herself silly. This house was sold in 2004 for $124k. :D So the economic disaster actually helped us, though that's hard to imagine when we recall how desperate we were at the time!

Andria

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Our real estate lady told us that if we'd come to her in 2005 and said we wanted to buy a house in Lawrenceville for $60k, she'd have laughed herself silly. This house was sold in 2004 for $124k. :D So the economic disaster actually helped us, though that's hard to imagine when we recall how desperate we were at the time!

Andria
Our house was listed at $190k and wasn't anything that could be lived it, no one had lived in it for over a year. The previous 18 tenants and yes I literally mean 18 people just got up and left. We assume they where illegals since they worked at a local Chinese restaurant that closed and they literally left everything(clothing, food) all in the house. We got her down $40k within a week of her listing it, told her we would need to hire people to come and clean it, remove the mold and all that. We failed to mention my father in laws company could and would do it all for the price of materials so we won thankfully lol.

We stripped it basically to the framing and put all new walls, electrical, plumbing, 2 new bathrooms and a whole new kitchen in it. Oh and a complete whole new roof, plywood and all. The new houses we've been eyeing need zero work but are all in the $3-350 range and are 30-45 minutes from our works but also have the same property taxes as our current home.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Totally understand what your saying Morley.i lived a very blessed life but also everything I have, I worked hard for and earned. The only thing given to me was an education. That's why losing what I have hurts. My house I took a cow milking barn and converted it into a home. I did that with my own two hands which is why I am disgusted right now because I just found out my kitchen cabinets are destroyed.
I understand a lot of the luxuries I have or should I say had would pay to house a family. Yet I earned that. I worked hard for it and I don't believe any one has the right to begrudge me of it. You are a very talented and artistic writer. If you ever attained the success of other writers like Grisham or Clancy do you want others to dump on you just because you was successful and able to give your family a better life than they ever hoped for?
I am doing everything I can to keep a positive attitude. I don't know if I can ever go back to work because of this medical shit and I just lost pretty much everything I have but I know others are in far worse shape than me so if this seems a little harsh, sorry. I just don't have in me to really care what I lost in motorcycles would mean to others.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I understand part of that prayer says you ask to be able to accept the things you're unable to change. That's fine I can accept them. That doesn't mean I need to like being unable to change them, or am even capable of liking that.
And that is kind of my frustration too. There is too much beyond my control.
There's only one thing that we truly have control over in life, and that's our thoughts and actions. Period. Any thoughts about being able to control anything else is illusory.
Regardless of all else, life will continually assail us with one circumstance after another that we must deal with in one way or other. How we deal with them is entirely up to us.
We have the choice to accept what is for what it is, what isn't for what it isn't. All the story and meaning and interpretation we apply is of our own making. And there's nothing that we can do to stop applying story and meaning and interpretation to what happens - it's our nature to do so. But when we understand that it's nothing more than a created story, interpretation and applied meaning to the circumstance is where freedom from those constructs and the power to deal with them effectively begins.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Totally understand what your saying Morley.i lived a very blessed life but also everything I have, I worked hard for and earned. The only thing given to me was an education. That's why losing what I have hurts. My house I took a cow milking barn and converted it into a home. I did that with my own two hands which is why I am disgusted right now because I just found out my kitchen cabinets are destroyed.
I understand a lot of the luxuries I have or should I say had would pay to house a family. Yet I earned that. I worked hard for it and I don't believe any one has the right to begrudge me of it. You are a very talented and artistic writer. If you ever attained the success of other writers like Grisham or Clancy do you want others to dump on you just because you was successful and able to give your family a better life than they ever hoped for?
I am doing everything I can to keep a positive attitude. I don't know if I can ever go back to work because of this medical shit and I just lost pretty much everything I have but I know others are in far worse shape than me so if this seems a little harsh, sorry. I just don't have in me to really care what I lost in motorcycles would mean to others.
(((((HUGS))))) Choppy

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can't live your life saying the things you worked for or earned *could* buy x or y for someone else. If you live your life without stepping over others to get what you have, you have no question that the things you have or had are yours and deservedly so. Living a life with things that you earned or made yourself is not a crime nor is it wrong, regardless if someone else would have chosen to use that money to buy something more valuable to them. It's all relative. If you earned those motorcycles, and didn't take advantage of others to get them, then you owe nothing or no explanation. Of course it's natural to feel like I or anyone could do x or y if I had some amount of money, but it's a crap shoot really. The bottom line is that money was earned by you and spent on something of value to you, regardless of if it could build a house for someone, or whatever it may be. I understand both points but really, what you choose to spend your money on is not my place to judge

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Did I see mention of the trauma of a laundry room situation?

Speaking from experience: Have a heart attack - real existential mind fuck-er. Changes your perspective overnight on the importance and relevance of everything once you have had the experience of feeling "the light going out" while laying on an emergency transport gurney.

But near death experiences aren't for everyone I guess.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did I see mention of the trauma of a laundry room situation?

Speaking from experience: Have a heart attack - real existential mind fuck-er. Changes your perspective overnight on the importance and relevance of everything once you have had the experience of feeling "the light going out" while laying on an emergency transport gurney.

But near death experiences aren't for everyone I guess.
I have to say, any form of death experience isn't to my taste..

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I can't believe the rate these retired people are falling for reverse mortgages....... I see a lot loosing their homes......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There's only one thing that we truly have control over in life, and that's our thoughts and actions. Period. Any thoughts about being able to control anything else is illusory.
Regardless of all else, life will continually assail us with one circumstance after another that we must deal with in one way or other. How we deal with them is entirely up to us.
We have the choice to accept what is for what it is, what isn't for what it isn't. All the story and meaning and interpretation we apply is of our own making. And there's nothing that we can do to stop applying story and meaning and interpretation to what happens - it's our nature to do so. But when we understand that it's nothing more than a created story, interpretation and applied meaning to the circumstance is where freedom from those constructs and the power to deal with them effectively begins.

Appreciate the advice from all of you but it possibly isn't as helpful as it could be. I've given a lot of thought, reasoning to a lot of this. It ultimately returns to not having control of others. Then, others force us to wait, or otherwise foul things for us.

I accept not having that control. I do not want it. However, I'm weary of that being the same damn brick wall I keep hitting. No matter how I go around, under, over, it is what it is. I can accept that, doesn't mean I need to like it, doesn't mean I need to be happy about it. In fact I have every right to be pissed off about it, it's a human experience, natural.

No matter how much hard work I do, or how well, unless our place is our place it don't make a piss. And I'm not able to get us there from here, what for waiting on others every time. It's a Catch 22. What's difficult in that to understand? I can do my best but it's to no avail.

Excuse me. I'll stfu and remain to barely discuss vaping only. Seems a double standard exists, which isn't surprising really. It's fine though. It too, is what it is. Hope everyone is well and continues being so, continues doing so.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No one wants you to shut up! This forum or at least this thread is always only tangentially about vaping. Discussing, agreeing, disagreeing, debating, all of that can happen without anyone judging you or wanting you to shut up. I can only speak for myself but life would be much more boring if everyone agreed about everything and there were no situations where debate about this or that could happen...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can't live your life saying the things you worked for or earned *could* buy x or y for someone else. If you live your life without stepping over others to get what you have, you have no question that the things you have or had are yours and deservedly so. Living a life with things that you earned or made yourself is not a crime nor is it wrong, regardless if someone else would have chosen to use that money to buy something more valuable to them. It's all relative. If you earned those motorcycles, and didn't take advantage of others to get them, then you owe nothing or no explanation. Of course it's natural to feel like I or anyone could do x or y if I had some amount of money, but it's a crap shoot really. The bottom line is that money was earned by you and spent on something of value to you, regardless of if it could build a house for someone, or whatever it may be. I understand both points but really, what you choose to spend your money on is not my place to judge

Agree with what you're saying here. I'm not denying anyone reward for hard work in what I was saying. I was merely saying that to me it seems kind of difficult seeing three motorcycles as of value, when we don't even have a home and that money he spent might have been used differently by someone different. I was not attempting to judge or be negative of someone else's hard work. I understand and respect that, I genuinely do. That isn't what as the Brits say, I was "on about".

Yet I'm going back to vaping talk. My two 28awg coils on the velocity deck are doing well. Think I am preferring vertical coils over horizontal ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors