Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just walked into my husband's room for a minute, where he has the TV on, and saw one of those supremely idiotic and annoying commercials, so I just HAVE to post this...

lastcig-chantix.jpg

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not so much a debate as it is a seeing the double standard present. It cuts back to my expression that it's a "got mine fuck you" attitude. And then you get called out for doing something you're not, you get called for disrespecting the hard work of others, get told "oh go earn it".

Hard to see how I could tell you for example, "oh go earn it". I don't know how much you've done in life, where you've been, what you've been through. That would be disrespectful of me to do. It's equally disrespectful to say you're doing something you're not. I have trouble being that way, disrespectful that is.

Yet, it comes back around again, others set waiting and fouling in motion. Why then should I want to keep talking? Clear I'm not supposed to via the method of advice offered. As though I've not considered all this before now? As though I've not been trying, not been "buckling up" as is said. I have. I come to the realization it always leads back to this, the waiting on others, the seeing others foul stuff up. But no, I'm not supposed to discuss that.

No matter what I do, I'm wrong. So, fine. I'll shut up. No point talking or trying to find common values where it's not wanted. No point to keep bashing a brick wall with my skull. What will be will be. Yes, I get that. Duh. That's what I'm getting at but clearly it's too much for me to say. I accept it. Nothing says I have to like it.
I'm sorry if you have the feeling that there's some double-standard being applied. From the dialogue though, I think you're putting that in the conversation where it doesn't exist. And that's not wrong either - I read it as a condition of the view of life that you're currently stuck with.

I went through a dark period a few years ago. I was stuck with "everything I do ends up hurting the people around me, regardless of my intentions." The "solution" I came up with was to ditch everything, move to Montana in a double-wide on a patch of land somewhere far removed from people, just me and few dogs to keep me company. My reality had collapsed into "who I am (my self-identity) is the sum result of my actions and their impact." But as the old saying goes, "No matter where you go, there YOU are." There was no solution in Montana, because I would still be there, and it was me that was having the problem with my identity, not the rest of the world.

I can't feign to imagine how you are experiencing life and the world around you. It's your experience. I get that.
And you share some of what impacts you with your community here. And there are caring, compassionate people here who see that and want to lend an ear and proffer some advice to see you through. I sincerely hope that something I say resonates somewhere with you and you can get that you're not alone in what you're going through and there are ways to be found to get through it and come out with a renewed vision of yourself and the world around you.

None of us live in isolation. We live in the world and experience of those around us. We live in the listening of others, for where else do we ever get heard? We can scream at the howling wind or whisper to the grass, but they care not what we say..

We're here to be the listening for you.
Be well, my friend.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did I see mention of the trauma of a laundry room situation?

Speaking from experience: Have a heart attack - real existential mind fuck-er. Changes your perspective overnight on the importance and relevance of everything once you have had the experience of feeling "the light going out" while laying on an emergency transport gurney.

But near death experiences aren't for everyone I guess.
I have the tee-shirt and the card in my wallet showing the three stents they put in when I was having my heart attack. ;)
I don't recommend it as something you should want to experience though, just because of the potential down-side outcome. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're implying I said things I did not say or mean. But I will say this, I don't want you to shut up, nor was I "calling you out." You're appreciated here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Was not my intent to imply you specifically either. I was meaning that in a broader, general sense. It seems if you say "hey, I don't like the status quo", you get a lot of the "got mine, fuck you" pushing back. Apologies I've taken a bit to broach this, been doing more thinking, sorting. Know sometimes I get muddle headed from self editing and passions clashing, and that can inspire a lot of frustration.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
+

LOL My experience with MtBV was I thought they were so prompt with their customer service (3 day shipping & great product as well) cause they only had a short list of customers so I felt bad :crazy:for them & tried to help them & buy as much as I could. Recently I discovered they did 50,000,000 (yea,Mil) a year I was stunned :sneaka:

* jaw drops * Well, that's not really too shocking. * picks up jaw * Mount Baker does have some good quality juices for their retail/sales costs. And their selling prices are what I consider "reasonable". Takes me a bit to save for a big buy from them, yet that's not too horrible. Like buying juice in bulk to have on hand. I read now, I'll need to buy Hawk Sauce in 300ml batches @ ~$50 instead of ~240ml for ~$40. "Yeah, hurt me bad." If their prices go up any more, might need to get more involved into DIY in more seriousness, instead petty dabbling.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
* jaw drops * Well, that's not really too shocking. * picks up jaw * Mount Baker does have some good quality juices for their retail/sales costs. And their selling prices are what I consider "reasonable". Takes me a bit to save for a big buy from them, yet that's not too horrible. Like buying juice in bulk to have on hand. I read now, I'll need to buy Hawk Sauce in 300ml batches @ ~$50 instead of ~240ml for ~$40. "Yeah, hurt me bad." If their prices go up any more, might need to get more involved into DIY in more seriousness, instead petty dabbling.
I just made a ripe banana and organic strawberries from Flavor Apprentice 2oz of each 1oz of PG and a 42oz bottle of Rocky Mountain Oil Company VG from Colorado..
Total cost:
VG $14.55
*pg $1.30
Flavors $3.50

Around $20.00 for 1300ml of Banana Strawberry 85vg/15pg

Have to make my own ejuice Vaping a Modfather rta.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just made a ripe banana and organic strawberries from Flavor Apprentice 2oz of each 1oz of PG and a 42oz bottle of Rocky Mountain Oil Company VG from Colorado..
Total cost:
VG $14.55
*pg $1.30
Flavors $3.50

How did you end up liking it? Was it up to the expectations I might have set by saying how good i thought it was?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry if you have the feeling that there's some double-standard being applied. From the dialogue though, I think you're putting that in the conversation where it doesn't exist. And that's not wrong either - I read it as a condition of the view of life that you're currently stuck with.

I went through a dark period a few years ago. I was stuck with "everything I do ends up hurting the people around me, regardless of my intentions." The "solution" I came up with was to ditch everything, move to Montana in a double-wide on a patch of land somewhere far removed from people, just me and few dogs to keep me company. My reality had collapsed into "who I am (my self-identity) is the sum result of my actions and their impact." But as the old saying goes, "No matter where you go, there YOU are." There was no solution in Montana, because I would still be there, and it was me that was having the problem with my identity, not the rest of the world.

I can't feign to imagine how you are experiencing life and the world around you. It's your experience. I get that.
And you share some of what impacts you with your community here. And there are caring, compassionate people here who see that and want to lend an ear and proffer some advice to see you through. I sincerely hope that something I say resonates somewhere with you and you can get that you're not alone in what you're going through and there are ways to be found to get through it and come out with a renewed vision of yourself and the world around you.

None of us live in isolation. We live in the world and experience of those around us. We live in the listening of others, for where else do we ever get heard? We can scream at the howling wind or whisper to the grass, but they care not what we say..

We're here to be the listening for you.
Be well, my friend.

You're correct. I was injecting too much of something into the conversation. Self identity though? In some regards it is part of that. Often feel I'm not of any value. Yes, I understand offer something of value to balance that out. It seems though to me, there's far too much negating even doing that. Ergo, I get stuck feeling useless, loss of hope, bound.

Have always been one to "learn it the hard way" or to "do it completely backwards". That is just how I go into living because to me, it's how I need to reverse engineer in order to understand, to value. Add into that what someone has told me is a internal integrity, a capacity for understand the path from point Alpha to point Zed. Wife complains all the time, "you go round in circles to draw a straight line." I bring everything to bear, that's just me. And that too can be frustrating as I feel not comfortable with only twenty words or less. I can do it but all the while feel left incomplete. Yet, that's fairly well become the standard, sound bytes.

Then, there's the whole "I'm fine, your fine, we're all fin, fine" thing. No one likes hearing the negatives, or that you're having trouble "rolling with the punches" of life. I might not fully accept what is, is and will be, thought I had. Yes, "no matter where you go, there you are". I need to "get outside" more and I think that's a good portion of feeling so obsoleted, not useful. Difficult though when you're a bit of vulnerable live wire, introverted. We often "read" too much in what is, or even what isn't said. Damn our stubbed toes.

I ought to know better and do better. Planning on it, too. And yes, that may mean withdrawing a bit more. Grew up knowing my Pap to not talk much. He too was passionate. Often for him words got in the way, fouled up the feelings, or the feelings fouled up the words. Starting to understand that better. Sometimes there are expressions which cannot be worded and that can be frightening for someone used to communication, writing, reading as means of expression. I'll get there, wherever there is. Might take me longer but I will.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Total cost:
VG $14.55
*pg $1.30
Flavors $3.50

Oh I know. I've seen some figures get rates as low as $0.05 for a 30ml bottle of juice, maybe not the bottle. Seen bottles for maybe $0.03 a piece though, so all in about $0.10 for a 30ml. Don't really need convinced that DIY is far cheaper. Need to get myself to getting into it. Then, need to set money back to get a "starter" kit & look up some recipes, get going. Life. *chuckles* Need to get a volt meter too, need more wire.

What I need to do too, get a novel finished, sold.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How did you end up liking it? Was it up to the expectations I might have set by saying how good i thought it was?

I'm steeping it now, everyday when I wake up I take the bottles put them in the microwave for 15 seconds and shake them like mad until it turns white with the bubbles

Then repeat and it's ready to Vape in 5 to 7 days or when you run out of other juice..... But at 15 days it becomes clear and taste intensifies...... Great tasting and gratifying when you make your own stuff..... I give it to all my friends, they give me empty bottles and I fill them for them......

I make a different batch monthly, even Vaping 30ml to 60ml daily it takes me (2) months to blow through that stuff and using the Steam Engine juice calculator makes it a breeze....

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugues and GFY.

Yesterday was decision making time and decided I'm not going to rebuild my place at this time. I converted this block house milk barn into a home back in 2002 and it's always been a real cute home that many envied but this is the second time it flooded since I lived here and I am not going thru this again. The first time was back around 02 or 03 when a tropical storm came thru. We only had a couple inches then but still, it's prone to flooding.
What I am gonna do is convert the place into sorta a man cave where I can spend a few nights a week here but my primary home will be with the ex. Guess I'm gonna have to stop calling her the ex now too. Really the last thing in the world I wanted but when your between a rock and a hard spot you do what ya gotta do I guess.
My little 23 yr old fart cat is safe and happy living at my moms now. She doesn't have long left in this world so I am gonna leave her to stay with my mom because they both seem happy with the arrangement.

All that's left to do know is finish cleaning up the mess. Every piece of furniture was destroyed except for one. An antique secretary desk that was my grand fathers looks like it can be saved. Tried to get into the booze cabinet yesterday. The door is swelled shut! Gonna have to take a hammer to it before it's over

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugues and GFY.

Yesterday was decision making time and decided I'm not going to rebuild my place at this time. I converted this block house milk barn into a home back in 2002 and it's always been a real cute home that many envied but this is the second time it flooded since I lived here and I am not going thru this again. The first time was back around 02 or 03 when a tropical storm came thru. We only had a couple inches then but still, it's prone to flooding.
What I am gonna do is convert the place into sorta a man cave where I can spend a few nights a week here but my primary home will be with the ex. Guess I'm gonna have to stop calling her the ex now too. Really the last thing in the world I wanted but when your between a rock and a hard spot you do what ya gotta do I guess.
My little 23 yr old fart cat is safe and happy living at my moms now. She doesn't have long left in this world so I am gonna leave her to stay with my mom because they both seem happy with the arrangement.

All that's left to do know is finish cleaning up the mess. Every piece of furniture was destroyed except for one. An antique secretary desk that was my grand fathers looks like it can be saved. Tried to get into the booze cabinet yesterday. The door is swelled shut! Gonna have to take a hammer to it before it's over
Choppy, you mentioned the silver lining thing the other day. Sounds like another one. I'm so sorry you went through, and are going through all of this.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugues and GFY.

Doc...hope things work out for you...man, what a living nightmare. I guess it can only get better, and surely hope it does.

budynbuick

Member For 4 Years
Had to go get my guns out of the cabinet and on the bed. All I need for them to be destroyed.

They wouldnt give me flood insurance here but its cool. I was just barely in the flood plain here. But guess that is what FEMA is for.

Its actually funny in some regards. I just watched the cat pan float by :giggle:

That is funny! tho that is better than the cat floating buy. I'll never catch up:cry:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh I know. I've seen some figures get rates as low as $0.05 for a 30ml bottle of juice, maybe not the bottle. Seen bottles for maybe $0.03 a piece though, so all in about $0.10 for a 30ml. Don't really need convinced that DIY is far cheaper. Need to get myself to getting into it. Then, need to set money back to get a "starter" kit & look up some recipes, get going. Life. *chuckles* Need to get a volt meter too, need more wire.

What I need to do too, get a novel finished, sold.

You really don't need a "starter kit" -- I bought ALL my DIY stuff, when I first started, one piece at a time -- a pint each of PG and VG was like $10 (at the time!) from amazon. Ok, check. Then found nicotine for $10 for a 120ml (at the time) at VapersTek. Ok, check. Then found a few flavors I thought sounded good, spent maybe $10 on that. Got a few bottles and syringes, another $10-$12. Once I finally got "all the pieces", then I started playing. Nothing says you have to buy all of it, all at once. Trust me, I'm a HUUUUUUUUUGE tightwad, and if I'd had to buy it all, all at once, I'd still be buying pre-made juice.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've mentioned this song a few times around here; I finally got it on my Amazon Prime music playlist, and the more I listen, the better I like it. So I'd just like to dedicate this to all the leeches in Tobacco Control:

And the nightmare I wish for them:
needwork.jpg

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Apparently it shocked the hell out of my son that I actually like it. :giggle: Is that thrash? I dunno all the new "labels", I just know what I like!

Andria
I generally just think of them as heavy metal. Too many sub-genres of metal, with most bands not really sticking to just one style, makes it hard for me to take seriously the idea of classifying bands beyond that.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I generally just think of them as heavy metal. Too many sub-genres of metal, with most bands not really sticking to just one style, makes it hard for me to take seriously the idea of classifying bands beyond that.

Exactly right! I just call it "rock n roll" but I know there's a lot of sub-classifications. I hear people say "thrash" but I can't say I really know what that means. I like that particular song because despite a lot of that "ranting" stuff, it has a terrific melody, especially on the "chorus" or "bridge". And the video is neat, too. :D

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly right! I just call it "rock n roll" but I know there's a lot of sub-classifications. I hear people say "thrash" but I can't say I really know what that means. I like that particular song because despite a lot of that "ranting" stuff, it has a terrific melody, especially on the "chorus" or "bridge". And the video is neat, too. :D

Andria
I concur with you guys.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You really don't need a "starter kit" -- I bought ALL my DIY stuff, when I first started, one piece at a time -- a pint each of PG and VG was like $10 (at the time!) from amazon. Ok, check. Then found nicotine for $10 for a 120ml (at the time) at VapersTek. Ok, check. Then found a few flavors I thought sounded good, spent maybe $10 on that. Got a few bottles and syringes, another $10-$12. Once I finally got "all the pieces", then I started playing. Nothing says you have to buy all of it, all at once. Trust me, I'm a HUUUUUUUUUGE tightwad, and if I'd had to buy it all, all at once, I'd still be buying pre-made juice.

Andria

Well, that'll be how I need to do it then. Need to wait a bit though for some funding to build up. Got another three pages written in a story today. Also contacted some sources for information relating to the story. Want to have it read as accurately as I can.

Still not outlining. Ha!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, that'll be how I need to do it then. Need to wait a bit though for some funding to build up. Got another three pages written in a story today. Also contacted some sources for information relating to the story. Want to have it read as accurately as I can.

Still not outlining. Ha!

Back when I was trying my hand at the book-writing thing, I outlined a story I had in mind. And that totally spoiled it for me -- telling myself the outline told me the story, and I had no real interest then in writing it -- I did write what I thought would be the "next volume"... but nothing much came of that, either -- I sent it off to a literary agent, who told me what I had already sort of figured out for myself: great writer, terrible storyteller; just not enough "conflict". :facepalm: Next up, I wrote about 400,000 words of what would obviously be a multi-volume story... and that too just kinda fell away, but I sure did learn a lot about Regency England and the Napoleonic Wars in the process! :D In fact that was when I finally grasped what the "War of 1812" had been about, never having gotten that clear when I was taking American history in school! :D That was also when I finally got around to reading War & Peace -- which is a great book, but does take its time telling the story, and even takes its time getting started; at least 100 pages before I felt really involved in the story. But research like that is great; it provides the backstory of the story, even if you never actually use any of it in the book itself, it provides the context, the sense that this "world" is "real". But what the hell do I know; I can write my ass off, but tell a story? Not my thing at all. :(

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors