ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning fugees and GFY

The extent of how fucked up our government really amazes me at times. This is one of those times. Of the estimates 40000 people who lost everything, maybe %2 will receive FEMA funds. FEMA made an announcement that they will give each person up to $33k if they do not live in a flood zone and they have flood insurance. Everyone else, too fuckin bad. As was reported on the news, in the effective area an estimated %8 has flood insurance and the majority of the area in the disaster area was already a flood zone. In other words FEMA is just another useless branch of our fucked up government.

Yep. Sounds on par for the government / State. This is exactly why me & wife desire a more independent lifestyle. Help doesn't seem to exist in any case, might as well go our own way. Granted for now we're thankful of medical insurance, grub stubs. We're also aware these can be revoked for no reason at all.

It is also part of what has been weighing on me. If we can get a a rural development mortgage from government, how much do we sell ourselves out. Will there be help then? Kind of doubting it. So far, trying to get a government mortgage like that seems about the only way for us to ever afford even a modest 30k home.

Well I say too much. Excuse me.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really didn't expect FEMA to pay for everything I lost. Yet here is working class home owners who lost everything. Just to be able to live in their houses again all the drywall has to be replaced, new furniture needs to be bought, appliances and all and home owners insurance is going to say they are not covered because it was a flood, so all these tax paying home owners are fucked. It's just not right.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I really didn't expect FEMA to pay for everything I lost. Yet here is working class home owners who lost everything. Just to be able to live in their houses again all the drywall has to be replaced, new furniture needs to be bought, appliances and all and home owners insurance is going to say they are not covered because it was a flood, so all these tax paying home owners are fucked. It's just not right.
Sounds like what happened with hurricane Sandy. Fema seems to kowtow to insurance companies above all else. What's the best way to make sure people buy insurance? Don't help the people that don't already have it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep. Sounds on par for the government / State. This is exactly why me & wife desire a more independent lifestyle. Help doesn't seem to exist in any case, might as well go our own way. Granted for now we're thankful of medical insurance, grub stubs. We're also aware these can be revoked for no reason at all.

It is also part of what has been weighing on me. If we can get a a rural development mortgage from government, how much do we sell ourselves out. Will there be help then? Kind of doubting it. So far, trying to get a government mortgage like that seems about the only way for us to ever afford even a modest 30k home.

Well I say too much. Excuse me.
Honestly Morely it's not that you said too much, it's how it was said. I am sympathetic to your plight. 30k would give you a better home yet I am upset over losing 30k worth of motorcycles but comparing our situations is like comparing apples and oranges.
Honestly bro I am not your enemy and have nothing but best wishes for you, and I am also upset on all that I have lost. I worked hard for all I have and no one has ever died on a helicopter I maintained. I believe I have a right to be proud to f what I earned as well as a right to be upset over it being destroyed. Know what I mean bro?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Honestly Morely it's not that you said too much, it's how it was said. I am sympathetic to your plight. 30k would give you a better home yet I am upset over losing 30k worth of motorcycles but comparing our situations is like comparing apples and oranges.
Honestly bro I am not your enemy and have nothing but best wishes for you, and I am also upset on all that I have lost. I worked hard for all I have and no one has ever died on a helicopter I maintained. I believe I have a right to be proud to f what I earned as well as a right to be upset over it being destroyed. Know what I mean bro?

Well said

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep, thanks Doc. I'm not about to apologize for what I have either. I have risked everything several times. I had GM seize MY property from a dishonest supplier and had I not beat them in court, I would have had to start all over. I've had Chrysler file bankruptcy on me, but I got paid. It would have killed me to not, I would have lost everything. I've had to file liens against plants to get paid on very large projects. Anyone who thinks that success is EASY, or unfair, is kidding themselves. Risk is a part of reward. Nobody would have stepped in and made me whole if I hadn't FOUGHT HARD to keep what was mine.
Plenty of sleepless nights and cardiac rollercoasters between wanting and having.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I do and in this post I was not making a comparison between me and you. I was stating what I see fact for my wife and me. I doubt we'll see a way to afford a modest home, except via government help if we can manage to get it. Again, I've no problem respecting that someone has worked to earn something.

What I was seeing, expressing an opinion on is this below.

I can see quite well how our government helps. And this is not exactly about having help to buy a home either. Been told being discharged for me, was a railroading. Those telling it were those I respected and knowledgeable of such things. I also read about well veterans are helped upon their return home, torn up. We can all also see how keen our government is to spend billions, possibly trillions on wars in other nations, yet we have starving in our own streets, violence even in our own homes.

Sorry but when you see a spade you call it a spade. I think that whole bit is plain out fucked up. Yet we're asked to vote for the lesser of two evils, as if it matters? Sure, right ... "I'll get right on that."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, thanks Doc. I'm not about to apologize for what I have either. I have risked everything several times. I had GM seize MY property from a dishonest supplier and had I not beat them in court, I would have had to start all over. I've had Chrysler file bankruptcy on me, but I got paid. It would have killed me to not, I would have lost everything. I've had to file liens against plants to get paid on very large projects. Anyone who thinks that success is EASY, or unfair, is kidding themselves. Risk is a part of reward. Nobody would have stepped in and made me whole if I hadn't FOUGHT HARD to keep what was mine.
Plenty of sleepless nights and cardiac rollercoasters between wanting and having.

You both are missing my point. Not asking anyone to apologize for what they've earned rightfully. Also I am not exactly "wanting" all the glitz and greatest. Me and wife are both fairly modest folks. We both somehow got brought up understanding an axiom from the thirties. "Waste not, want not." We also both understand the work ethic from then as well.

Yes, to some degree for some people trying to succeed is indeed and in fact unfair. That aside me and wife both have done the best we can, with or without needed resources at times. Is it too much to desire having our own home, with privacy if we desire it? Too much to be happy with four walls a roof, maybe two bedrooms, two baths on a small plot of hobby farm land? Hell, we're wanting go off grid, that means building up our way to supply our electricity, water, sanitation. We'd garden, keep a small bit of livestock.

The resounding answer keeps coming back. "Yes, it is too much," or the ever popular "Stop attacking those that have earned it, get in line, work hard ...". I have to say fuck you to that.

I've worked in sloppy poultry plants, done live hang of birds, helped build root cellars, ran fence lines, pulled calves, gardened, mowed lawns, got in hay, build apple bins for tractor trailers, ran apple butter production lines, helped raise barns, fixed plumbing, done janitorial work while in fast food, done fast food, volunteered as an E.M.T, worked chicken houses, painted roofs, tarred roofs, did some rough carpentry with a master carpenter even volunteered to serve and possibly die for my country. Yes, fuck you telling me to work hard. I've done a fair share of that too. And yes fuck you telling me I'm attacking those who have earned.

What part of I'm not attacking you do you not comprehend? What part of I'm saying that there exists inequality and even you can see it, do you not understand?

Hard work is hard work, universally. I do not understand what makes anyone's hard work different from anyone else's hard work. It is still hard work at the end of a day, or rising of the sun. Having done a good bit due to starting early, I should not be penalized, or have aspersions that I'm attacking the hard work of others. That makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. I know what hard is, why would I disparage anyone else's hard work? Fucking stupid to suggest that, I'd think.

Starting early? I was five years old when I was put out to garden. Six when I began learning to use a push mower to mow a yard. Six too when I went to help Paw Paw with his small dairy, help him paint tin roofs, run fence, get hay, pull calves. He had no problem signing for my working permit at 15. At 15 I worked poultry plant, then fast food a bit.

The ten years between? Paw Paw taught me to step up and be a man. I split firewood, dump truck loads at a time with an axe, maul, wedges, kept firewood stocked to keep our house warm in the Winter. Spring and Summer was split between mowing, gardening, getting hay, calf pulling, fishing, trapping, working chicken houses with a fellow who checked them for the company and I kept an eye on them for him when he needed time off.

Believe it or not one Summer was spent doing nothing but splitting firewood, bathroom breaks, showering, sleeping, back up at the wood. Paw Paw wanted to piss his son off by showing him that I could keep up. It sure did too.

I know what the hell work is, I grew up on it. Yes, I had some fun too. But I was mostly the "dog". I kept mom and my brothers safe, fed, clothed. I had to Paw Paw's son was off gambling. So again, yes, fuck you telling me to work hard, or saying I'm attacking you for working hard yourself.

I genuinely am trying to not be angry at anyone here. But please don't put words or intentions upon me that I am not committing to expressing. That's something very common to do and I don't see anyone here as common, despite themselves. I respect others. I respect their work. What I don't respect is people being common. I give plenty of respect because that is how it is earned, giving it away. The same with love. Unfortunately, our world does not seem to operate on these, respect, love, hope, dreams. We're told it does yet find it's only lip gloss on an ugly pig, disguising inequality, immorally, injustice, evil.

That is what I was expressing, or had thought it was what I was expressing. Now, if you do want to be common. Well, unfuck you and I'll say good bye.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is what I was expressing, or had thought it was what I was expressing. Now, if you do want to be common. Well, unfuck you and I'll say good bye.

I understand your frustration very well, and up until about 5 yrs ago, I shared it completely. But sometimes, a way can be found, if you just... try to think differently. Your solution may not be like the solution we found, and it shouldn't be; it should exactly fit you and your needs. Just toss around ideas, you and the wife. Don't have to all be great ideas, just try to think of NEW ideas. My husband and I have always done that. In fact, one of the long-standing bills we just paid off was because we finally got an offer to settle it that was fair, and feasible -- we'd gotten so many different "offers" that weren't fair OR feasible, it's a miracle I even read it to see what it was about -- but when I did, I thought, hmm, this might actually work -- showed it to my husband, we discussed it, he called them, and got it set up -- and in a year's time, we'd settled a debt that had been on our necks for almost 10 yrs, and wasn't going away -- it kept getting sold, just before it would have been considered a charge-off and rolled off our credit report.

The phrase "thinking outside the box" has become a cliche, but that's really what you have to do. The status isn't quo anymore for a lot of us, after the banking/Wall St fiasco, but don't give up; try to think your way out of it -- and I know you're like me, you never STOP thinking. ;)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do and in this post I was not making a comparison between me and you. I was stating what I see fact for my wife and me. I doubt we'll see a way to afford a modest home, except via government help if we can manage to get it. Again, I've no problem respecting that someone has worked to earn something.

What I was seeing, expressing an opinion on is this below.

I can see quite well how our government helps. And this is not exactly about having help to buy a home either. Been told being discharged for me, was a railroading. Those telling it were those I respected and knowledgeable of such things. I also read about well veterans are helped upon their return home, torn up. We can all also see how keen our government is to spend billions, possibly trillions on wars in other nations, yet we have starving in our own streets, violence even in our own homes.

Sorry but when you see a spade you call it a spade. I think that whole bit is plain out fucked up. Yet we're asked to vote for the lesser of two evils, as if it matters? Sure, right ... "I'll get right on that."

It is funny how easily people can be fooled but America has gone thru a huge dumbing down. You see college kids randomly get questioned on things like who fought the civil war and they don't know but they know who they been programmed to vote for. The party who declares themselves the champions of the poor has done more to ensure the poor never climbs out of poverty than anyone has. The same party is also the ones who have blocked every effort to take care of our veterans.
What really drove it home for me is my mom told me once mr Obama was trying to stop the republicans from taking her Medicaid away, right after Obama robbed Medicaid of 750 million for obamacare. People get lied to left and right by everyone, especially the media to cover up what's really going on and it's a shame. Many don't want a hand out, they just want a chance to earn and get ahead in life but the left wants them totally dependent on the government.

It brings to mind how Obama and Reid and Polosy and them declared the Bush tax cuts was only for the rich yet those same tax cuts are directly attributed to creating 10 million jobs and raising the average household income from 47k a year to 55k a year. Look at it now. The tax cuts been eliminated and our job market has shrunken to levels not seen since the 70s and the average income has fallen to around 51k a year yet the media refuses to report that and clueless peeps will continue to vote liberal. It's just plain sad.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The phrase "thinking outside the box" has become a cliche, but that's really what you have to do. The status isn't quo anymore for a lot of us, after the banking/Wall St fiasco, but don't give up; try to think your way out of it -- and I know you're like me, you never STOP thinking. ;)

Andria

Stop thinking? Is that possible? Oh wait, it might be but presently that isn't an option.

Exactly, everything has gotten turned up side down. Granted I've no college degree. Never was aimed at college. The general assumption was "get him through high school, ship him to the military and he'll be set." Well, after high school I had to still help mom a bit for a few years. Then, yes I did head to military. That didn't pan out due to no fault on my part.

Went back to poultry plant, fast food, helping at home. Took an interest in computing, writing and thought I could arrange something akin to what you're doing. Not sure why, well, I think I know part of it. That's not quite got there yet either. Part of it is lacking focus because all my life I've worked otherwise, and in doing that I multi-tasked like the Mad Hatter.

It is different gears altogether settling in and writing. In some respects it is like going from buckshot shotgun to bow and arrow. One you just point and pull a trigger, the other requires constant focus, slowing down everything. I am learning but it takes time.

Yes, I'm trying every day to think outside of all of this. Difficult when it seems ever present, in all aspects of living. Again, *sigh* it takes time. That is what nags at me a lot too. Not a long hauler or planner. Sure, I can plan out a story in my head and such but you understand my meaning, I don't plan. Usually if I do it goes foul in any case, so why bother?

Then, met the wife. Swore a promise to her grandfather. I don't generally make promises, to me they are sacred checks. That promise was I loved her, would continue to do so, and not hurt her. Keep feeling I fail in honoring that. Although she has a mouth and has yet to say I am, and she would. Got no doubts on that, she keeps me in line.

Well, I need to revise something and get critters fed, get us in for the evening and night.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well fuck me then. I'm sorry if I read it wrong, but it seemed that you said it is unfair that one guy has $30K in motorcycles, when some don't have a house. THAT guy doesn't have a house now, either. Luck, good and bad, plays a strong role besides just hard work. So does a lot of other qualities.

It also seemed you were saying that if Someone has Theirs, then it just naturally comes with Fuck the Rest. There are plenty of Has Theirs who wish everyone else did too. They aren't mutually exclusive.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is funny how easily people can be fooled but America has gone thru a huge dumbing down. You see college kids randomly get questioned on things like who fought the civil war and they don't know but they know who they been programmed to vote for. The party who declares themselves the champions of the poor has done more to ensure the poor never climbs out of poverty than anyone has. The same party is also the ones who have blocked every effort to take care of our veterans.
What really drove it home for me is my mom told me once mr Obama was trying to stop the republicans from taking her Medicaid away, right after Obama robbed Medicaid of 750 million for obamacare. People get lied to left and right by everyone, especially the media to cover up what's really going on and it's a shame. Many don't want a hand out, they just want a chance to earn and get ahead in life but the left wants them totally dependent on the government.

It brings to mind how Obama and Reid and Polosy and them declared the Bush tax cuts was only for the rich yet those same tax cuts are directly attributed to creating 10 million jobs and raising the average household income from 47k a year to 55k a year. Look at it now. The tax cuts been eliminated and our job market has shrunken to levels not seen since the 70s and the average income has fallen to around 51k a year yet the media refuses to report that and clueless peeps will continue to vote liberal. It's just plain sad.

Ah. I have seen college educated folk that were literally educated stupid. Yes, I know at times I pull big dummy moments, I know everyone does. I'm talking stupid as in refusing to learn anything more. I try remaining open to learning. Sometimes I can drag my heels. *chuckles* I know that too.

Grew up stubborn. *shaking his head* Her grandfather would say, "well shit" I would say "well piss." She thought it the funniest thing she ever heard. Me and him got along real well. Of course, we were always threatening to knock one another in the head too. *chuckles*

So yes, I've seen a lot of the same kind of shit you're expounding on here. By the by, it was the capitalist Northern and Federal army what fought against the industrial Southern Confederated army. No, it was not a war strictly to abolish slavery, either. That much ought to be seen from The Whiskey Rebellion, which in a sense was continued during the Civil War. The Civil War here in America is where we get Memorial Day from, it was designated as Decoration Day so families could decorate the graves of fallen family.

Also, something to note. Debt is slavery the same as one oppresses with chains, beatings, killings, whips. Only it is deemed a "more polite and subtle" form of slavery. "Oppression anywhere is oppression everywhere." Believe that's James Madison, though it might be Thomas Jefferson. Been a bit since I looked it up.

Well, need to go.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well fuck me then. I'm sorry if I read it wrong, but it seemed that you said it is unfair that one guy has $30K in motorcycles, when some don't have a house. THAT guy doesn't have a house now, either. Luck, good and bad, plays a strong role besides just hard work. So does a lot of other qualities.

It also seemed you were saying that if Someone has Theirs, then it just naturally comes with Fuck the Rest. There are plenty of Has Theirs who wish everyone else did too. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I did say that. How I intended it said though got mucked up. I will own up that it was likely in how I said it that played a large part of the mucking up. What I intended was that a lot of society seems keen to tow the line of those who do say, "got mine, fuck you". I know there those who do want the best for all, yet have trouble in helping create that. I also know what I see too, lots of inequality.

Let me correct myself here too. "Oppression anywhere is oppression everywhere." - Dr. Martin Luther King. I had thought it was Madison due being raised in Virginia and versed that James Madison could walk on water.

You're still my favorite boss, boss. Not working and I still have all kinds of bosses. Damn, talk about unfair. Any wonder I walk around like a constipated badger with a roll of Constantina wire wound round razor wire up my ass? Let me see, 1. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... at least nine bosses I got. Fixing to add more. Not sure where they'll all sleep but I'm sure I won't mind the concrete floor, my boy Shrek doesn't and he's older than me.

Yes, I compared. For that I apologize. It was not exactly how I intended saying what I was intending to say. It was what I said, just not how I meant it said. No not weaseling from passive aggressive here either. I just fouled up the how for the meaning. Know what I said, know it was meant. Darnn text didn't convey it the same in each case. Okay, I'm unfucking myself and calling it an night.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also, something to note. Debt is slavery the same as one oppresses with chains, beatings, killings, whips. Only it is deemed a "more polite and subtle" form of slavery. "Oppression anywhere is oppression everywhere." Believe that's James Madison, though it might be Thomas Jefferson. Been a bit since I looked it up.

That's true, though in the modern world, a certain amount of debt is unavoidable, just to prove you are who you say you are! :facepalm: Yeah it's goofy as shit, that by taking on a $60k debt, we actually freed ourselves from a great deal of financial oppression -- it was all about WHEN we took on that debt, because at the time, people who had paid twice that for their homes, were finding that their homes were worth HALF what was owed, so they were trying to rent out the premises to try and recoup -- that kind of underwater mortgage was our crazy landlady's problem, and she was trying to pull it out of OUR flesh! And that's why we couldn't afford to be renters anymore.

I see offers of credit as being sales pitches -- they're trying to sell money, very expensively. I have plenty of expensive money already, I sure as shit don't need MORE! We get those stupid offers from "payday lenders" every week; we shred them immediately, because we don't need to buy $5,000 for $10,000!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I went to another local B&M today, on the hunt for a driptip that matches my blue CF4-TC... and I actually found one, but you won't believe this goofy setup. :D

newmatchingdriptip.jpg

The color is just right... but unfortunately, it's one of those super-short ones, and also fairly wide-bore, though the aperture thru the connector slims it down a little. The saving grace is that it's one of those soft squishy ones, so the sharp edge doesn't bother my lips -- it's not really "sharp," it's so soft and squishy. But to get sufficient distance from the coil, I had to stack an angled adapter inside another one, to achieve the above pictured goofy result. It works, it's not too hot, I don't get a mouthful of juice, and it matches perfectly... oh, and it was also FREE... it was one of the store's giveaway items. :D :D :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I went to another local B&M today, on the hunt for a driptip that matches my blue CF4-TC... and I actually found one, but you won't believe this goofy setup. :D

View attachment 59480

The color is just right... but unfortunately, it's one of those super-short ones, and also fairly wide-bore, though the aperture thru the connector slims it down a little. The saving grace is that it's one of those soft squishy ones, so the sharp edge doesn't bother my lips -- it's not really "sharp," it's so soft and squishy. But to get sufficient distance from the coil, I had to stack an angled adapter inside another one, to achieve the above pictured goofy result. It works, it's not too hot, I don't get a mouthful of juice, and it matches perfectly... oh, and it was also FREE... it was one of the store's giveaway items. :D :D :D

Andria

Well wonders never cease, lol.

Your B&M is defying the FDA and giving shit away???

They should be applauded and patronized as often as possible

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well wonders never cease, lol.

Your B&M is defying the FDA and giving shit away???

They should be applauded and patronized as often as possible

Heh, the guy in there was a total "hipster", bleached hair that was shaved on the sides, those weird knobs in his earlobes, but he and my husband had a rousing conversation about the Fucking Dumb-Asses, and what they could do with themselves. :giggle:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Uhhh... I don't mean to make a point here... but if you live in a flood zone and you don't have flood insurance - and a flood happens - WTF do people expect? After-the-fact free insurance benefits from never paid for non-existent policies? Isn't that exactly what all those right wing neo-cons say is a bad thing - government assistance that individuals should not be looking for from the government?

That's the same argument used by people being "forced" to purchase health insurance - because they don't want to pay for health insurance until and unless they know exactly when they are going to need it. Otherwise it's economic tyranny. Welp, you can't have your freedom from economic tyranny and eat it too.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Uhhh... I don't mean to make a point here... but if you live in a flood zone and you don't have flood insurance - and a flood happens - WTF do people expect? After-the-fact free insurance benefits from never paid for non-existent policies? Isn't that exactly what all those right wing neo-cons say is a bad thing - government assistance that individuals should not be looking for from the government?

That's the same argument used by people being "forced" to purchase health insurance - because they don't want to pay for health insurance until and unless they know exactly when they are going to need it. Otherwise it's economic tyranny. Welp, you can't have your freedom from economic tyranny and eat it too.
Perhaps you missed the "not a flood zone" part of the story...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GM &GFY y'all.

With luck I will have a real computer very soon. My desktop pc takes two power supplies and both was under water. One is coming from California and might be here today. The other one is coming from Austin Tx and tracking shows it left Austin, arrived Austin, left Austin, arrived Austin. Only our USPS can fuck up that bad! The new laptop I ordered should be here any day now too.
Glad I had a lot of juice mixed up. Found my scale was destroyed too. Ordered a new one this morning.

Houses not in a flood zone normally don't need flood insurance. Getting it is as dumb as nuns being forced to have birth control as part of their insurance.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GM &GFY y'all.

With luck I will have a real computer very soon. My desktop pc takes two power supplies and both was under water. One is coming from California and might be here today. The other one is coming from Austin Tx and tracking shows it left Austin, arrived Austin, left Austin, arrived Austin. Only our USPS can fuck up that bad! The new laptop I ordered should be here any day now too.
Glad I had a lot of juice mixed up. Found my scale was destroyed too. Ordered a new one this morning.

Houses not in a flood zone normally don't need flood insurance. Getting it is as dumb as nuns being forced to have birth control as part of their insurance.
My sister isn't in a flood zone but she has flood insurance. She's in Kenner. It's just a precaution and isn't that expensive. But she does live right next to Lake Ponchartrain.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, the med insurance actually IS economic tyranny -- my yearly med expenses are generally less than $1000 FOR THE WHOLE YEAR -- yet they have a $1000 deductible; so I'd be paying more for insurance than I actually ever spend on med for the year, for the privilege of paying everything out of pocket? Um no, I'll pass. When I had my emergency appendectomy, I was able to resolve everything on a charity basis; sure, for the surgeon, I'm gonna be paying a while longer, but I'm paying at a rate I CAN AFFORD.

The exemption cutoff is something like, 6% or 8% of your income -- the insurance available to my husband thru his work would cost in the neighborhood of TWENTY PERCENT OF EVERYTHING HE MAKES! And we simply can't afford that! So I'll stay uninsured. From what I read, obamacare is very close to collapse in any case, and my GA lawmakers are working diligently to that end.

As for chopdoc... I think he said that flood insurance wasn't available because of where he lives, it's not offered -- they KNOW it's going to flood there sometimes, so they won't bet on it not -- which means it's a really bad idea to live there! That's all insurance is: a bet by the insurance company that something WON'T happen. If they know it WILL, they won't make the bet. that's why teens' auto insurance is so costly, and males' more than females' -- statistically, it's ENTIRELY likely that a serious accident WILL happen.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was talking to the mortgage company for my moms place this week. They told me my flood insurance company on her place was canceled. They also told many insurance companies are dropping flood coverage and they had notifications from over 20 companies that recently dropped flood coverage so to get it will cost even more. I contacted my insurance on my moms place and luckily it wasn't canceled.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
GM &GFY y'all.

I'm so SO sick of usps. Our company has so many active "investigations" for packages they just straight up lost. I wish we could put on our site "if you're the gambling type and wanna see if you may or may not get your order from usps, please select first class!"

If I have to hear that hold music one more time calling in to start an investigation that they NEVER follow up on like they promise...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors