ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was talking to the mortgage company for my moms place this week. They told me my flood insurance company on her place was canceled. They also told many insurance companies are dropping flood coverage and they had notifications from over 20 companies that recently dropped flood coverage so to get it will cost even more. I contacted my insurance on my moms place and luckily it wasn't canceled.
I can't believe that BS! Kenner is right there in the soup bowl and my sister hardly pays anything. I just can't say enough how freaking sorry I am you're going through all this crap!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was talking to the mortgage company for my moms place this week. They told me my flood insurance company on her place was canceled. They also told many insurance companies are dropping flood coverage and they had notifications from over 20 companies that recently dropped flood coverage so to get it will cost even more. I contacted my insurance on my moms place and luckily it wasn't canceled.

That really is strange, though; here in GA, if you're in an area designated as prone to flooding, flood insurance is REQUIRED BY LAW, and by whoever holds the mortgage.... so insurance companies don't have the option of just not offering it; if your property is in one of those designated areas, they have to offer it, because it's required. But I bet it's pretty pricey!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep if you have a mortgage and are located in a flood zone..
Not sure if it is a law everywhere or just a lenders requirement.

I dunno about KY, but it's the law in GA. South of Atlanta, the state is mostly flat; I well recall one really bad year, when GA had "lake Macon"! Like the central portion of GA just turned into a gigantic lake! :facepalm: I'm really glad to live north of Atlanta, where it's very hilly!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno about KY, but it's the law in GA. South of Atlanta, the state is mostly flat; I well recall one really bad year, when GA had "lake Macon"! Like the central portion of GA just turned into a gigantic lake! :facepalm: I'm really glad to live north of Atlanta, where it's very hilly!

Andria
In FL it was a lenders requirement when I lived there.

Have no idea in KY since I live on a ridge top.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In FL it was a lenders requirement when I lived there.

Have no idea in KY since I live on a ridge top.

We live on a moderate hill; near the bottom, but not all the way! :D And I've noticed, since we moved here, they take exceptionally good care of the storm drain system here; the other house we lived in, north of L'ville, the road would pond pretty badly, in any heavy rain, but I've never seen anything like that, on this road we live on now -- the gutters flow very rapidly, and the water doesn't pond at all, anywhere on this road, even down at the bottom of the hill.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm so SO sick of usps. Our company has so many active "investigations" for packages they just straight up lost. I wish we could put on our site "if you're the gambling type and wanna see if you may or may not get your order from usps, please select first class!"

If I have to hear that hold music one more time calling in to start an investigation that they NEVER follow up on like they promise...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Edit-NVM

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't remember seeing anything in poor taste. Now I'm confused...........uh, well, more than usual.
Don't be confused Atcha, it was no big deal, I just posted a picture that,based on the conversation that followed, made me think I was making light of something that other people took more seriously, so I removed it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've noticed there's been a LOT of seismic activity in the last year or two.... I think there are 3 volcanoes all erupting at once in Indonesia, and Central America and Mexico have also both seen a lot of activity with their volcanoes. It's scary!

Andria

ETA: for all this flooding, I think we can thank those wildfires out west. Smoke goes up, and eventually comes back down as raindrops, in the direction that the weather generally moves -- west to east, mostly, in the US.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear Mother Nature:
GET A GRIP!

She has a lot on her plates...

Good afternoon, Fugees, and GFY thusly...
BGxqHR-CcAAVijd.jpg

Oh yeah, and just for you guys... a giant bag of wicks...
wicks.jpg

Last edited:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kad, found a better pic of that Italian beauty model, XDiavel S with optional $2,800 Termignoni tuned exhaust. Just in case you still had any interest in such things..termignoni.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors