Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dammit, Cromwell beat me to the wick joke, Moueix beat me to the period joke, Hank beat me to the flow joke, Lucy beat me to the bloody joke, I can't think of another single joke to make about tampons.

Don't feel pad, I mean bad. These things go in cycles.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees....:vino:

That meatloaf sounds good Andria......:)

It really was! It was a real departure for me; previously I'd only had the tomato/green pepper kind of meatloaf, but I get tired of the same ol shit all the time... so I started leaving out the green peppers and the ketchup, just use onions and just some of the smaller bits of shrooms mixed into the meatloaf... serve the meatloaf, taters, and sauted shrooms with a generous helping of brown gravy all over. Yum! Some of my most-fave comfort food, taters and gravy. :D And it's very hard to beat garlic mushrooms sauted in a very hot skillet very briefly in olive oil. :)

Same dindin for tomorrow night; we're doing the parental housecleaning tomorrow, and I always try to prepare a dinner with leftovers to have when we get home.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope you have a marvelous one - is it possible with all that water?
Yes, it is possible. Friend of my moms who is in a flood zone with no insurance heard from FEMA today and they will be giving her something. How much is unknown yet but a little is better than nothin :)

At the ex/gf tonight and am able to get wifi from my phone so that is two positives for the day!

Will be glad when the new laptop shows up. iPads are nice but I am ready for a real computer

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it is possible. Friend of my moms who is in a flood zone with no insurance heard from FEMA today and they will be giving her something. How much is unknown yet but a little is better than nothin :)

At the ex/gf tonight and am able to get wifi from my phone so that is two positives for the day!

Will be glad when the new laptop shows up. iPads are nice but I am ready for a real computer

Good for you Doc, a lot of people would be perpetually on the rag after such a tragedy ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got those Jwraps today, and just gotta share this... it looks TEEEEEEEEERIFIC! Thank god for my husband, he is so much more patient and adept with shit like this than I am! and the gorgeous driptip is courtesy of our dear friend Juicy! :blowkiss:

abalonewrap.jpg

Got the blue one wrapped too, but don't have an atty ready to put on it at the moment; gotta re-coil my other Achilles.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got those Jwraps today, and just gotta share this... it looks TEEEEEEEEERIFIC! Thank god for my husband, he is so much more patient and adept with shit like this than I am! and the gorgeous driptip is courtesy of our dear friend Juicy! :blowkiss:

View attachment 59552

Got the blue one wrapped too, but don't have an atty ready to put on it at the moment; gotta re-coil my other Achilles.

Andria

Unlike my wit, that mod does look sharp!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugees. Time to rise and shine and GFY. :)

Today gotta get some saw horses so can make a couple work tables in the house that I can use to start organizing and boxing up what few belongings that we could save. Also gotta empty out the car. Told the insurance how the seats was under water and the said they will probably total it out. Wasn't looking to get a new car but guess I am gonna have to start shopping for one this week. Gonna miss that mustang yet benn having my eye on a challenger for a while now. :)

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning, Fugees. Happy Saturday. MUSIC time, but first a message from our sponsor...
25001369192372_it-takes-43-muscles-to-frown-and-72-muscles-to-say-go-fuck-yourself-well-worth-the-extra-effort11.png

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning fugees. Time to rise and shine and GFY. :)

Today gotta get some saw horses so can make a couple work tables in the house that I can use to start organizing and boxing up what few belongings that we could save. Also gotta empty out the car. Told the insurance how the seats was under water and the said they will probably total it out. Wasn't looking to get a new car but guess I am gonna have to start shopping for one this week. Gonna miss that mustang yet benn having my eye on a challenger for a while now. :)

Ooooh, SOLID choice, Doc. SO easy on the eyes. And SO easy on the gas! OK, maybe not the gas...
cult-dodge-challenger-srt8-3.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree, if it's a not a Mustang, a Challenger IS a good choice. But I've had my heart set for a Mustang since I was about 4-5, and my daddy came home with a brand new one... one of the very first year they were made (63 and a half? WTF?).

If I ever do get a set of 6 lucky numbers, Ford dealership, here I come! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And hey GFYs everyone. I'm up practically at the crack of dawn because it's parental housecleaning day. :sad: I really hate housework... and not really too wild about my folks, either. :giggle: But it gets the Visa card paid. *sigh* :sad:

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew it was some weird half-year.... My dad's looked just like this, except it was lemon yellow:

View attachment 59562

Andria

OMG, my dad had one just like this. Same color and all, but the Rocket ET mags and T/A's were on MY mustang.

Since I was about 8, I worked Saturdays at my Dads Automotive model and fixture shop. Sweeping and bathroom detail. Once I was in High School, I had to go everyday, and work free. Mostly grunt work. Gluing up the wood stock for jobs, stuff like that. Plus the cleaning. German "apprenticeship".

We did a lot of prototype stuff for Ford, so we had a "trimmer" on the payroll. He could make seats, install headliners, carpeting,etc. My dad took our old '67 fastback Mustang, and had him completely re-do the interior. Black leather trimmed, gold brocade insert seats and door panels, including that awesome fold down seat that made the whole rear of the mustang fastback a carpeted "deck".

Gold carpeting, black leather instrument panel and steering wheel. Rebuilt from the axles up to remove any rust and change out any questionable parts. Then it got custom painted by Brian Hatton, a legend in Detroit. Gold metal flake, with lemon yellow pinstriping. Gah, it was gorgeous. He didn't GIVE it to me, but it was mine to use my senior year, for having ridden my bicycle to school each day so I could ride it to his shop 10 miles away to work, then I had to ride it home so I could use it the next day.

It was one hell of a car for a teenager to be driving, but I EARNED it. And I would wax and wash and shine that car like there was no tomorrow. White crayon the raised lettering on the tires, and all. GOOD freaking times. Now that I think about it, a lot of my friends had some bad ass rides. One buddy hit the Michigan 10K lottery. He was only 17, his brother bought him the ticket. New Trans Am. Another buddy had a GTO Judge, another a Buick GSX and another had an El Camino with an LT1 corvette engine. Damn, things must have been easier back then...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw this, and immediately thought of the bikers in this thread.
View attachment 59563

Lol, Kad. I only got stung once on my trip by a LIVE one. But a few times, I woulda swore that I hit something that had a stinger in the detritus, that penetrated. Ya kinda know when it KEEPS hurting quite a while after you hit it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Soooo... phonecall from the parental units, they're not feeling well today, so we're procrastinating till tomorrow. *sigh* After I got up at 8am and zoomed around cooking breakfast at the speed of light, along with re-coiling the Achilles, packing the vapebag, doing the dishes, and generally being ready to go... *sigh* Oh, and cooking that great leftover-providing dinner last night, so I guess the leftovers are also on hold, and I'll cook something tonight. Again.

At least the only housework I'll have to do today is a bit of laundry.

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Lol, Kad. I only got stung once on my trip by a LIVE one. But a few times, I woulda swore that I hit something that had a stinger in the detritus, that penetrated. Ya kinda know when it KEEPS hurting quite a while after you hit it.
I took one right in the temple at about 40mph. Right at the curve of the helmet. Hurt like a bun of a sitch. The wife had one go down the neck of her shirt and sting her on the stomach; we we're heading to the coast, on the highway doing 65. That made for an exciting minute or two. :eek:

We had a problem with yellow jackets at the star party last year. Thick as thieves and relentless. I managed to go the entire week without getting stung until we were almost loaded up when one tagged me on the back of the arm. Our food vendors resorted to wearing anti-insect covers made of mesh to keep them out while they were cooking. Afterwards, one of our guys forwarded this around:
bee or wasp?.JPG

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nope still sitting in my FT cart :)
However that is a different Wanko. It is an RTDA Wanko in the latest Todd Review.
Still with that fuse style coil thingy.

At one point Todd says he can't decide if he likes it because it's cheap and called the Wanko or if it's really that good of a vape, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors