ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugees. Time to rise and shine and GFY. :)

Today gotta get some saw horses so can make a couple work tables in the house that I can use to start organizing and boxing up what few belongings that we could save. Also gotta empty out the car. Told the insurance how the seats was under water and the said they will probably total it out. Wasn't looking to get a new car but guess I am gonna have to start shopping for one this week. Gonna miss that mustang yet benn having my eye on a challenger for a while now. :)
The Challengers are awesome. Nice looking too!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Every time I read anything about this it makes me want Cheetoes. :confused: The puffy kind.:bliss:

Like this? ;)

kim-kardashian-cheetos-09292015.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I took one right in the temple at about 40mph. Right at the curve of the helmet. Hurt like a bun of a sitch. The wife had one go down the neck of her shirt and sting her on the stomach; we we're heading to the coast, on the highway doing 65. That made for an exciting minute or two. :eek:

We had a problem with yellow jackets at the star party last year. Thick as thieves and relentless. I managed to go the entire week without getting stung until we were almost loaded up when one tagged me on the back of the arm. Our food vendors resorted to wearing anti-insect covers made of mesh to keep them out while they were cooking. Afterwards, one of our guys forwarded this around:
View attachment 59568

Actually, most wasps are GREAT garden tenants -- they eat a LOT of unwelcome pests, like aphids and such, and also can function as pollenators; and other than yellowjackets, generally just go about their waspy business and won't bother you if you don't bother them. Yellowjackets *are* a type of wasp, but yeah, they're just assholes, nosiest little fuckers around.

I got stung on the eyelid once by a mud dauber wasp (black wasp), as it zoomed out of its mud hut; pretty sure it was as surprised as I was!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually, most wasps are GREAT garden tenants -- they eat a LOT of unwelcome pests, like aphids and such, and also can function as pollenators; and other than yellowjackets, generally just go about their waspy business and won't bother you if you don't bother them. Yellowjackets *are* a type of wasp, but yeah, they're just assholes, nosiest little fuckers around.

I got stung on the eyelid once by a mud dauber wasp (black wasp), as it zoomed out of its mud hut; pretty sure it was as surprised as I was!

Andria
Got stung too many times by wasps. They hurt worse than a scorpion.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes! Thank you for acknowledging his achievements darling Andria!
View attachment 59608

He actually sorta reminds m of my father -- same kind of smartass attitude. Perfect mental image of my dad? Mix equal parts Billy Gibbons (my dad had a beard, which used to be quite long, and had a very deep voice, and a Texas accent from living there for quite a few years) and Chester Cheetah (smartass attitude). :D

Back before smoking indoors was verboten everywhere, my dad was standing in some quickee mart, smoking, waiting to pay for gas and buy beer. Some perpetually disgruntled lady gives him "don't you know how dangerous that is for everyone around you?" My dad: "Well lady," (long puff and exhale) "If I don't give a shit about my own health, what makes you think I give a shit about yours?" :giggle: That was my dad. :D 1939-2006 RIP.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll see your Sledgehammer, and raise you a BIG TIME... :D (best song Peter Gabriel ever did!!!!!!)

Andria
Maybe. I'm leaning towards That Voice Again but I'm undecided. I think So was the best album for sure though. Same album, just not 100% sure which song I think is the best.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Weedeater and a live chicken?

Weed whacker, live chicken & cool whip. I always keep these handy it seems. :) Not quite sure why it seems I do. But damn, that's some funny shit right there. :giggle::crazy::xD:

And yes, I've been known to streak, or at least dance naked in our bottom during the firsts. The first rain of Spring, first snow of Winter. Wife's grandfather knew beyond a doubt, I'm nuttier than squirrel poop.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Weed whacker, live chicken & cool whip. I always keep these handy it seems. :) Not quite sure why it seems I do. But damn, that's some funny shit right there. :giggle::crazy::xD:

And yes, I've been known to streak, or at least dance naked in our bottom during the firsts. The first rain of Spring, first snow of Winter. Wife's grandfather knew beyond a doubt, I'm nuttier than squirrel poop.

I've run outside dancing around in the rain hollering YES! YES! YES! when it came a huge downpour during a drought... but not naked. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've run outside dancing around in the rain hollering YES! YES! YES! when it came a huge downpour during a drought... but not naked. :D

Andria

Well I just figured I had to at least once fully experience each. Despite what you might think, core body temperature rises and keeps you warm. Was not sure of that happening until I did both. Granted hypothermia could set in and core temperature would in fact drop off. I didn't stay out long enough for that though. It was nice feeling both the rain and snow on my skin. I've also gone skinny dipping in a river, pond, lake. Not done so in an ocean or sea, unfortunately. To me the skinny dipping or wearing trunks didn't seem too different beyond feeling a lot cooler while sky-clad in the water. Would I again? Sure. Is it something I prefer? Eh, take it or leave it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I just figured I had to at least once fully experience each. Despite what you might think, core body temperature rises and keeps you warm. Was not sure of that happening until I did both. Granted hypothermia could set in and core temperature would in fact drop off. I didn't stay out long enough for that though. It was nice feeling both the rain and snow on my skin. I've also gone skinny dipping in a river, pond, lake. Not done so in an ocean or sea, unfortunately. To me the skinny dipping or wearing trunks didn't seem too different beyond feeling a lot cooler while sky-clad in the water. Would I again? Sure. Is it something I prefer? Eh, take it or leave it.

Never skinny dipped, other than HALF skinnydipping while swimming with some guys in Lake Lanier who thought it would be a hoot to snatch my bikini top. Idiots!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors