Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a guy do that once years ago when he got swarmed by ants while trimming a tree

He started screaming "Not my unit! Not the unit" jumped out of the tree, dropped his pants and did a hopping dance while trying to pick ants off of his dick and balls.

One of the funniest things I ever saw in my life!
In cider. That's the best treatment.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a cinder block building so that s one blessing. FEMA guy said they was going to get me funds to redo the drywall as well as hire help to do it and I was thinking to myself what dry wall but I didn't say a word other than "thanks" :)
Water was 25 inches deep by the water line on the walls.

Was looking today and in our bedroom I have this real old RCA niper dog. It's an original dealers model that's been in the family since before I was born. To me it doesn't have a monetary value but I know it is worth a lot. When I was a kid in the early 70's I remember my dad said he was offered $250k for it. That's why it was given to me. My mom knows I would never ever sell it but if my sister ever got ahold of it and found out the real value of it she would sell it and tell everyone it was lost or stolen or sump tin like that. Today I looked at niper and seen a chunk missing from one of his legs and it was like someone kicked me in the nuts.

I am just so ready for this nightmare to be over. Everyone knows when they had enough and I reached that point about 5 days ago.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'll remember it next year. Full eclipse visible from most of north america for 2-3 minutes.

Next year.. on the 14th or the 21st?

The only reason his date is a week after mine is because there was a 12pk left in the fridge... we weren't gonna throw it away or anything, gosh no; alcoholics don't throw away alcohol. :D He finished it up, and that was that. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I finally got my other Achilles re-coiled, and got a pic of my other newly wrapped iPV Mini. It's not quite as screamingly gorgeous as the abalone wrap, but it's not bad; definitely an improvement over the dinged up paint!

blueicewrap.jpg

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
21 August 2017
TSE2017usa_espenak_1080.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY!

So GOOD MORNING, and GFY fugees. What kinda day is it?
Uhhh, it's a Monday. Need I say more?
Though I guess it's a better Monday than most, since I have Friday off so that I can have a Fantabulous 3 day weekend. Now that I think about it, maybe it is a dayum fine day after all.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And g'mornin' fugee peeps; yes I was up before the crack o'noon, but just now getting HERE. GFYs errybody. It's not QUITE so hot out there today; went and got the mail, and didn't need a shower just from walking to the mailbox and back. :)

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ooooh neato, it goes right across the NE corner of GA; not *exactly* where I am, a bit to the NE of me, but should be close enough to see it very well... thru a piece of mylar!
You'll have the advantage of it happening later in the morning than us on the Left Coast. This will be the only opportunity for many of us to witness a total solar eclipse in our lifetimes, so see it if you can. And use a proper solar filter material - they have disposable solar glasses on a lot of websites for just a few bucks. Your eyes are worth the investment.
We plan on being in central Oregon for the eclipse. We set our star party dates to not conflict with it, and the eclipse path puts the site of the Oregon Star Party inside the totality zone for just over a minute.

And, GM and GFY fellow Fugees!
Cooled down significantly here yesterday and I had a lounge day recovering from that broiler double-header on Saturday. Now it's time to start motivating to head off to work.. The routine grind starts again. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'll have the advantage of it happening later in the morning than us on the Left Coast. This will be the only opportunity for many of us to witness a total solar eclipse in our lifetimes, so see it if you can. And use a proper solar filter material - they have disposable solar glasses on a lot of websites for just a few bucks. Your eyes are worth the investment.
We plan on being in central Oregon for the eclipse. We set our star party dates to not conflict with it, and the eclipse path puts the site of the Oregon Star Party inside the totality zone for just over a minute.

And, GM and GFY fellow Fugees!
Cooled down significantly here yesterday and I had a lounge day recovering from that broiler double-header on Saturday. Now it's time to start motivating to head off to work.. The routine grind starts again. :)

I've actually "seen" several -- not directly seen of course -- I've used mylar, and also the pinhole-thru-paper-plate held behind my head to let the image shine thru onto another paper plate -- that really works! Now that the special glasses are available online, I may get some! It's been quite a long time since an eclipse anywhere that I was -- mid-80s I think -- and I think this may be the last near-full eclipse in my lifetime.

You know what really irked me? Halley's Comet -- only every 76 yrs, so most folks have only one opportunity to see it -- and when it was passing overhead last, it was fucking cloudy all week! GRRR! :headbang:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's

Today they are giving out emergency food stamps so we ran up to this church with a huge parking lot where they are doing it at. Suppose to be for anyone who last names start with the letters A thru D. They started at 8 this morning and we got there around 8:30. The line was so long it went out the parking lot and around a mile down the road. Said screw that, not waiting all day for that!

Good news my new diy scale arrived today. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eclipses lose their 'magic' when one can fly around behind any planet/object and create one at will.

To me, the "magical" part isn't so much the sight of the eclipse itself, though that's pretty neat... but the way it seems like deep twilight, during it.... crickets and cicadas start chirping, like night is falling... then in a minute or so, day comes back. I can easily grasp how the ancients found it quite terrifying.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how much of the 2017 eclipse I'll be able to see; it's really just the extreme NE corner of GA; I'll get, at best, a partial eclipse; I'm almost halfway between Atlanta and the path of totality. Of course, considering it's in august, that also depends on having clear skies -- 50/50 chance, at best.

Andria

The red star is where I am, smack in the middle of Gwinnett County, so... partial eclipse at best. :(
2017eclipse.jpg

Last edited:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know what really irked me? Halley's Comet -- only every 76 yrs, so most folks have only one opportunity to see it -- and when it was passing overhead last, it was fucking cloudy all week! GRRR! :headbang:

I missed Halley's comet, too, because of clouds (I lived in Portland, OR), but one night in 1996 after we'd moved to Central Oregon where the skies are clear, I went out the door to go feed the horses in the barn, and my jaw dropped all the way to the ground. There was a HUUUUUUUGE comet (Hyakutaki) stretching from one side of the sky to the other. How in THEE HELL did I miss it the previous nights? I have no clue... But what a sight that was! Very bright, defined coma, and a tail that just went on forever and ever. I was totally speechless (for the first and only time in my life! ROFL!). That one hung around for a week or more, if I recall.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I missed Halley's comet, too, because of clouds (I lived in Portland, OR), but one night in 1996 after we'd moved to Central Oregon where the skies are clear, I went out the door to go feed the horses in the barn, and my jaw dropped all the way to the ground. There was a HUUUUUUUGE comet (Hyakutaki) stretching from one side of the sky to the other. How in THEE HELL did I miss it the previous nights? I have no clue... But what a sight that was! Very bright, defined coma, and a tail that just went on forever and ever. I was totally speechless (for the first and only time in my life! ROFL!). That one hung around for a week or more, if I recall.
Wow Lannie that's really cool!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie! Long time no see over here. Ummm, you were actually speechless? I'm gonna have to ask you to produce a witness.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I've never seen a comet, and not even many meteors, though I've gone out to watch the skies for many a meteor shower. I've always lived in places with too much light pollution, except for once, when we lived in a small rural town about as far from here, as here is far from ATL... It was colder than hell, I do remember, but my son and I found a good dark spot and saw quite a meteor show. Dunno what meteors show up in wintertime, but that's usually the best time for viewing them, down here in the south, because of the humidity in the warm months causing a lot of haze, if it's not outright clouded over as it very often is, in the summer -- Atlanta has 2 seasons, rain and hell, and sometimes they coincide -- tornadoes, ice storms. Right now it's just plain hell, though not quite as hot/humid as it has been recently; a lot of rain over the weekend has cleared it out somewhat.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me, the "magical" part isn't so much the sight of the eclipse itself, though that's pretty neat... but the way it seems like deep twilight, during it.... crickets and cicadas start chirping, like night is falling... then in a minute or so, day comes back. I can easily grasp how the ancients found it quite terrifying.

Andria

The shadows are weird too. Especially small things like leaves.. multiple light directions make multiple, less defined "fuzzy" shadows.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just told my husband about the eclipse; since it's on his sobriety date, he's talking about maybe taking a vacation day, and us driving up to Anderson, SC, about a 90-min drive from here, straight up I-85, which would put us VERY close to the very center of the path of totality. We could drive up, have a nice lunch somewhere, find a place to watch the eclipse, then c'mon home. :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just told my husband about the eclipse; since it's on his sobriety date, he's talking about maybe taking a vacation day, and us driving up to Anderson, SC, about a 90-min drive from here, straight up I-85, which would put us VERY close to the very center of the path of totality. We could drive up, have a nice lunch somewhere, find a place to watch the eclipse, then c'mon home. :)

Andria
Do it!!!!! That sounds awesome Andria! You BOTH deserve this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors