Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For your entertainment:
This post was the OP of a New Poster on ECF, their first post BTW.
Retired1 seemed to think we should welcome this poster and educate them....

Hear me out. E-cigs are simply a substitute, hell even a worse substitute for smoking. I have been addicted for 5 years now, and I used E-cigs for 2 of those years. People, smoking cigarettes is not the problem, the problem is nicotine! It is the DRUG, a highly addictive one at that, which keeps you addicted. Now imagine you have a hand tool at your disposal at all times, doesn't require going outside and lighting up in a controlled fashion, just a tool that you can press a button any time to get the nicotine, that is what an E-cig is! I know I ingested the most nicotine ever when I used a vape. The fact that you can just press the button several times a minute and inhale with no concern means you will ingest more nicotine. And of course, with the way our brains work, you will become more powerless to avoid pressing that button and inhaling, because it feels oh so good with every cloud. Another problem I wanted to address is your skin. There have been a lot of questions and rumors about vaping and acne. These aren't rumors, they are fact. Persistent vaping each day will indeed cause skin problems, especially on your face. It is not traditional acne, it is a form of skin necrosis. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, and of course vaping encourages an even more prevelant dosage of nicotine in your blood stream at all times of the day. This constant vaping, along with the effect of propelyne glycol, a main ingredient in E liquids (also used in anti-freeze) will dry out the skin and constrict the flow of skin enriching nutrients through your blood vessels. This will cause dry, itchy, irritated skin with in-grown red bumps. This happens because you are constantly de-hydrating your skin while simultaneously constricting the blood vessels. Whether it's cigarettes or vapes, both are just horrible for your lungs,heart and your skin. My advice is to seek professional help, and maybe start on a nicotine gum or lozenge that you can ween off of. Those products are not pleasurable compared to vaping, which is why they will work better in terms of quitting. Vaping nicotine will never make you quit because vaping feels even better!

joseph pasquarella, Yesterday at 1:06 AM Report

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What an idiot. If I was still on ECF, I'd probably get slapped again for posting my troll alert graphic. :D This shit about "vaping nicotine will never make you quit..." Hey, dumb fuck, I ALREADY QUIT. Somebody, please stuff this guy's stupid stick up his ass far enough to impede his speech AND typing.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For your entertainment:
This post was the OP of a New Poster on ECF, their first post BTW.
Retired1 seemed to think we should welcome this poster and educate them....

Hear me out. E-cigs are simply a substitute, hell even a worse substitute for smoking. I have been addicted for 5 years now, and I used E-cigs for 2 of those years. People, smoking cigarettes is not the problem, the problem is nicotine! It is the DRUG, a highly addictive one at that, which keeps you addicted. Now imagine you have a hand tool at your disposal at all times, doesn't require going outside and lighting up in a controlled fashion, just a tool that you can press a button any time to get the nicotine, that is what an E-cig is! I know I ingested the most nicotine ever when I used a vape. The fact that you can just press the button several times a minute and inhale with no concern means you will ingest more nicotine. And of course, with the way our brains work, you will become more powerless to avoid pressing that button and inhaling, because it feels oh so good with every cloud. Another problem I wanted to address is your skin. There have been a lot of questions and rumors about vaping and acne. These aren't rumors, they are fact. Persistent vaping each day will indeed cause skin problems, especially on your face. It is not traditional acne, it is a form of skin necrosis. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, and of course vaping encourages an even more prevelant dosage of nicotine in your blood stream at all times of the day. This constant vaping, along with the effect of propelyne glycol, a main ingredient in E liquids (also used in anti-freeze) will dry out the skin and constrict the flow of skin enriching nutrients through your blood vessels. This will cause dry, itchy, irritated skin with in-grown red bumps. This happens because you are constantly de-hydrating your skin while simultaneously constricting the blood vessels. Whether it's cigarettes or vapes, both are just horrible for your lungs,heart and your skin. My advice is to seek professional help, and maybe start on a nicotine gum or lozenge that you can ween off of. Those products are not pleasurable compared to vaping, which is why they will work better in terms of quitting. Vaping nicotine will never make you quit because vaping feels even better!

joseph pasquarella, Yesterday at 1:06 AM Report

You are not the first dual user to bring this guy's poison to VU.

Found his FB page - he's a typical loser/moron troll. So is Retarded1

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh he deleted a bunch of my posts and many others. And mine weren't so bad. He never did close the thread though. Robino finally did a while ago.

Amazing, she finally did something useful. :D

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He probably works for the FDA's office of misinformation:eek:

I looked around, think I see the thread. Radiator fluid, right? Can't read that. Was this person completely reluctant to gentle education? Or did we go right to pitchforks?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugees. Hope everyone had a great day. :)

Funny how crap on ECF never changes. Trolls who know it all will troll and the retarded1 will always be a dick.

Still don't have a PC. I ordered a laptop that is coming from Atlanta and still isn't here yet. They never provided me with ant tracking info so dropped them a message today requesting it. So far no reply. Maybe tomorrow it will either show up or I will have tracking info.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening fugees. Hope everyone had a great day. :)

Funny how crap on ECF never changes. Trolls who know it all will troll and the retarded1 will always be a dick.

Still don't have a PC. I ordered a laptop that is coming from Atlanta and still isn't here yet. They never provided me with ant tracking info so dropped them a message today requesting it. So far no reply. Maybe tomorrow it will either show up or I will have tracking info.

Great to see you, Doc! I hope you get that laptop quick. Seems there is drama afoot.. ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I looked around, think I see the thread. Radiator fluid, right? Can't read that. Was this person completely reluctant to gentle education? Or did we go right to pitchforks?

I have enough shit to do and there are plenty of trolls here on VU, so I don't worry about ECF trolls.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why are you asking me???

I've been on a downward shame spiral every since I joined this forum - it must be the vaping!

I never had these problems when I smoked...
A cause and effect thing.
You would not be on this forum if you did not vape.

I think the loss of hair on my head is causing all my physical problems.

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I missed Halley's comet, too, because of clouds (I lived in Portland, OR), but one night in 1996 after we'd moved to Central Oregon where the skies are clear, I went out the door to go feed the horses in the barn, and my jaw dropped all the way to the ground. There was a HUUUUUUUGE comet (Hyakutaki) stretching from one side of the sky to the other. How in THEE HELL did I miss it the previous nights? I have no clue... But what a sight that was! Very bright, defined coma, and a tail that just went on forever and ever. I was totally speechless (for the first and only time in my life! ROFL!). That one hung around for a week or more, if I recall.
Hyakutake was an awesome comet. Got my sighting of it just outside of Portland visiting the SIL. Halley's last pass was a dud by all accounts of those that were able to see it: never developed a good coma and tail on this go-round.

I just told my husband about the eclipse; since it's on his sobriety date, he's talking about maybe taking a vacation day, and us driving up to Anderson, SC, about a 90-min drive from here, straight up I-85, which would put us VERY close to the very center of the path of totality. We could drive up, have a nice lunch somewhere, find a place to watch the eclipse, then c'mon home. :)
Sounds like a very decent way to celebrate that anniversary! :bingo: You're not too far out of the path of totality so you should get about 70-80% occultation from home.. but the best part is seeing the moon totally block the sun out. :shades:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A cause and effect thing.
You would not be on this forum if you did not vape.

I think the loss of hair on my head is causing all my physical problems.

Thanks Dr. Cromwell.

Funny, I just read yet another "vaping was great the first week, then I got diarrhea, gas, headache, cough, and feel like I have the flu. It's gotta be the vaping" thread.

WTF people. Go to the doctor if you are sick, don't ask vapers if it's the vaping. DUMB

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Dr. Cromwell.

Funny, I just read yet another "vaping was great the first week, then I got diarrhea, gas, headache, cough, and feel like I have the flu. It's gotta be the vaping" thread.

WTF people. Go to the doctor if you are sick, don't ask vapers if it's the vaping. DUMB

Hahahaha..... that's my laugh for the night. Thanks Lucy. :blowkiss: Sweet dreams..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Dr. Cromwell.

I always ask people on the web about my illness first.
They would not post inaccurate advise now would they?

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ohh he deleted a bunch of my posts and many others. And mine weren't so bad. He never did close the thread though. Robino finally did a while ago.
Was actually pretty funny! Man I hate having to be so restrained over there, R1 takes it too far, I just don't get the pg13 attitude when you're supposed to be 18+ to join... Drives me crazy!

It's like they are scared or paranoid the whole industry is hanging over their shoulders watching every word posted... the best part is... by deleting everyone's negative posts he actually gave the initial poster some power over veteran vapers... Disgusting...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just told my husband about the eclipse; since it's on his sobriety date, he's talking about maybe taking a vacation day, and us driving up to Anderson, SC, about a 90-min drive from here, straight up I-85, which would put us VERY close to the very center of the path of totality. We could drive up, have a nice lunch somewhere, find a place to watch the eclipse, then c'mon home. :)

Andria

:) Sounds like a wonderful notion.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems pretty simple. There's plenty of guys on this forum who can't get any :giggle:

Saw mental health therapist yesterday. Explained the testosterone only made me feel like a consistently horny teenager. They wondered then what the problem could be in that. Cannot do anything with the wife due to lacking privacy. Not that I desire a sex only relationship, still human and that is a basic biological need.

When me and her first got together we were worse than rabbits. In some regards I'm kind of glad of being biologically sterile. Never have to worry over impregnating anyone. In other regards, well, I'll never be a daddy. I've got plenty of critter kids though and they all think of me as papa. Well, all except the cat who calls me "prick" but we've figured out he's English.

The fagots there call their fathers a prick. I'm using the word fagot in the definition of English schoolboy, not a bundle of sticks, or the derogatory for a homosexual. If I wanted to call someone homosexual I would call them homosexual. Many people dislike such directness & honesty. Guess being a misanthrope that loves people I dislike many people, it all works out.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Precisely why I turned my back on it permanently. Idiots don't change; they just keep being idiots till they die of it, or someone kills them for it. If I wanna deal with trolls, I go to twitter, where nobody cares if I say "fuck", nor even "fuck you, you stupid troll."

Ooooh, what kind didja order???? Inquiring geeks wanna know. ;) I've never hardly ever met a computer I didn't like... well, unless it said "Tandy" or "Hewlett Packard" on the front. ;) :giggle:

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Precisely why I turned my back on it permanently. Idiots don't change; they just keep being idiots till they die of it, or someone kills them for it. If I wanna deal with trolls, I go to twitter, where nobody cares if I say "fuck", nor even "fuck you, you stupid troll."

Ooooh, what kind didja order???? Inquiring geeks wanna know. ;) I've never hardly ever met a computer I didn't like... well, unless it said "Tandy" or "Hewlett Packard" on the front. ;) :giggle:

Andria
How about Packard Bell?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hyakutake was an awesome comet. Got my sighting of it just outside of Portland visiting the SIL. Halley's last pass was a dud by all accounts of those that were able to see it: never developed a good coma and tail on this go-round.

No shit? Well that makes me feel a little better. ;)

Sounds like a very decent way to celebrate that anniversary! :bingo: You're not too far out of the path of totality so you should get about 70-80% occultation from home.. but the best part is seeing the moon totally block the sun out. :shades:

Especially considering that next year is our 25th sobriety anniversary. :) 90 mins really isn't that much of a drive, and it's 99% interstate, so it really isn't that big a thang at all! Plus it will be interesting to see the "upstate" portion of SC; I've only ever seen its beaches (Myrtle and N. Myrtle beach) and low-country (Charleston).

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was actually pretty funny! Man I hate having to be so restrained over there, R1 takes it too far, I just don't get the pg13 attitude when you're supposed to be 18+ to join... Drives me crazy!

It's like they are scared or paranoid the whole industry is hanging over their shoulders watching every word posted... the best part is... by deleting everyone's negative posts he actually gave the initial poster some power over veteran vapers... Disgusting...

I think it's those special snowflakes over there who feel personally attacked if they encounter a 4-letter word. I'd sure love to introduce them to my husband. ;) Or me, when I encounter these special snowflakes. ;) :giggle:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors