Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How about Packard Bell?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Yeah, them too. :giggle: And ASUS.... which, I know, is popular with some folks... but when my son had a problem with his overheating and called their tech support line, they told him "google it." :facepalm: No thanks, how about if I dropkick your stupid laptop right to ya, and never waste my money on another, how's that grab ya? :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And BTW, GFYs errybody. No farkin clue why I'm up so early, but when the body decides it's had enough sleep for the time being, laying there is just an exercise in doing without tea and a vape. :D And bacon, which is currently sizzling. ;)

Asylum6 and celtic, 'bout time y'all got your ECFugee asses in here. ;) :slowclap: :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How about Packard Bell?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

My first home PC was a Cracked Hell. It had a then state of the art 486-s microprocessor chip. I over-clocked it three times. The first time it went up in smoke. Scared my mom as she was kind of watching me. "I'm going to make it go faster mom." ... "Poof!" The second time she was not watching.

"Damn it, mom, it went poof again."

"You need to stop jacking that thing off if it keeps doing that."

Third time, got it correct and it was clocking around what a 686 was doing at the time. Now, I have a triple core 686 AMD chip. It is a monster Frankenstein system. I've a server based motherboard now, my other one was shot from the lightning. Figure the memory on it presently is as well, for now using swap memory is keeping it running alright. Need to try figuring out getting a sound card working but really not seeing that as pressing. I'm not much of a gamer.

Like simple (vast understatement) puzzle games, like pipe walker, the Japanese ware house games. And this is kind of odd as I'm not good with spatial relation solving. Eh, might be I like it for the challenge of learning to be better. Hm? :)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh he deleted a bunch of my posts and many others. And mine weren't so bad. He never did close the thread though. Robino finally did a while ago.

It seemed like he was using that thread to bait people into continuing, so he could delete their posts. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck. The only GOOD part about it was he was so busy there, he left us alone on the Womper thread. Come to think of it, he hasn't actually defiled the Womper thread in a while. Maybe he's been busy elsewhere, as well. Glad I missed it, whatever it is.

It's like they are scared or paranoid the whole industry is hanging over their shoulders watching every word posted... the best part is... by deleting everyone's negative posts he actually gave the initial poster some power over veteran vapers... Disgusting...

I never saw any bad words, but the way he was DEFENDING an obvious troll, and then THREATENING anyone who used the word "troll" in their post... the guy is seriously insane. The guy that posted the original post didn't come there to be educated. He came to stir the pot, plain and simple. Even a moron should have been able to see that. Now all the sensible posts have been deleted, and what's left is the original post and a bunch of stuff defending that position. Looks real good for vaping, doesn't it? :crazy:

Lannie! Long time no see over here. Ummm, you were actually speechless? I'm gonna have to ask you to produce a witness.

Sorry, no witnesses. ;) By the time I'd picked my jaw up off the snow and ran back to the house to grab the (ex) hubby to show him, I was talking again. A LOT! :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never saw any bad words, but the way he was DEFENDING an obvious troll, and then THREATENING anyone who used the word "troll" in their post... the guy is seriously insane. The guy that posted the original post didn't come there to be educated. He came to stir the pot, plain and simple. Even a moron should have been able to see that. Now all the sensible posts have been deleted, and what's left is the original post and a bunch of stuff defending that position. Looks real good for vaping, doesn't it? :crazy:

For some unknown reason, they actually seem to LIKE trolls over there. The last "rule reminder" msg I got from Asswife was about posting that "troll alert" graphic in a thread where the OP was opining that vaping was bad for one's teeth. :facepalm: Everyone else was saying exactly the same thing, but no one used the "T" word or posted the graphic, except me. 3 days later, Retarded1 decided that using "herbs" in a post was somehow against the rules, and suspended me, and I never bothered going back.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It was like he was defending a friend or relative?

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No shit? Well that makes me feel a little better. ;)
Yeah, but there were a bunch of severely disappointed people who had done a lot to be able to see it, and then it turned out to be a real dud. I wasn't deeply into astronomy at the time but wanted to see it. But if IIRC, it made closest approach during the winter. Which up here means clouds and rain most of the time. Never saw it.

Especially considering that next year is our 25th sobriety anniversary. :) 90 mins really isn't that much of a drive, and it's 99% interstate, so it really isn't that big a thang at all!
Well, congrats on 24 years! ;) Weather willing, I hope you have a great time celebrating the 25th with a super celestial show. :D
We'll have to drive 6+ hours to get in position, but it will be worth the trip.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Precisely why I turned my back on it permanently. Idiots don't change; they just keep being idiots till they die of it, or someone kills them for it. If I wanna deal with trolls, I go to twitter, where nobody cares if I say "fuck", nor even "fuck you, you stupid troll."

Ooooh, what kind didja order???? Inquiring geeks wanna know. ;) I've never hardly ever met a computer I didn't like... well, unless it said "Tandy" or "Hewlett Packard" on the front. ;) :giggle:

Andria

I ordered the Asus ROG with the i7-6700HQ chipset and nvidia 960M card. It's a gamers machine. Got tracking on it today and it is suppose to be delivered tomorrow by UPS.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It seemed like he was using that thread to bait people into continuing, so he could delete their posts. It was like watching a slow motion train wreck. The only GOOD part about it was he was so busy there, he left us alone on the Womper thread. Come to think of it, he hasn't actually defiled the Womper thread in a while. Maybe he's been busy elsewhere, as well. Glad I missed it, whatever it is.

Sorry, no witnesses. ;) By the time I'd picked my jaw up off the snow and ran back to the house to grab the (ex) hubby to show him, I was talking again. A LOT! :giggle:

He is the sole reason y'all haven't seen me in the womper room. Anytime I showed up there he did too and I can't stand him that much that I just stayed away. Tell rixy and them hi for me. :)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is the sole reason y'all haven't seen me in the womper room. Anytime I showed up there he did too and I can't stand him that much that I just stayed away. Tell rixy and them hi for me. :)

I will, but I don't post much in there anymore, either, although like Cromwell said, he hasn't been there for a while (a week? few days?). Well, the last couple days he's been so busy deleting posts, he hasn't had time to post off-topic crap in the Womper thread, but I dunno where he was before. I wouldn't mind it so much if he was JUST an asshole, but he's a hypocrite to boot, and that just makes it ten times worse.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Retired1's post in a thread regarding the ECF thread I recently posted about:

'Because some here have learned that if they kick up enough crap in a thread, it'll get closed.

No more. If it takes numerous RRs and suspensions to get it through some heads that that kind of behavior is not appropriate, so be it. You know the rules, it's time to abide by them.'

My reply:

'I think I will be using the thread ignore button a lot more.

When a thread starts out being crap and gets defended by the administration....'

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will, but I don't post much in there anymore, either, although like Cromwell said, he hasn't been there for a while (a week? few days?). Well, the last couple days he's been so busy deleting posts, he hasn't had time to post off-topic crap in the Womper thread, but I dunno where he was before. I wouldn't mind it so much if he was JUST an asshole, but he's a hypocrite to boot, and that just makes it ten times worse.
I haven't posted there in a long time. Just the womper pew.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Retired1's post in a thread regarding the ECF thread I recently posted about:

'Because some here have learned that if they kick up enough crap in a thread, it'll get closed.

No more. If it takes numerous RRs and suspensions to get it through some heads that that kind of behavior is not appropriate, so be it. You know the rules, it's time to abide by them.'

My reply:

'I think I will be using the thread ignore button a lot more.

When a thread starts out being crap and gets defended by the administration....'
Dang nabbers. I see he's at it again. :blah:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And for a wee bit if Drama mine:

pappcam said:
Interesting that longtime members are stepping away from here because of actions taken in a thread where it was blatantly obvious what the original purpose was.

Cromwell said:
Obvious to all except one in power.
I would have deleted the thread immediately or locked it.
But to defend such an obvious troll?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And for a wee bit if Drama mine:

pappcam said:
Interesting that longtime members are stepping away from here because of actions taken in a thread where it was blatantly obvious what the original purpose was.

Cromwell said:
Obvious to all except one in power.
I would have deleted the thread immediately or locked it.
But to defend such an obvious troll?
WOWSERS! Pretty bold, and a GREAT reply! You rock Cromwell!!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, there's a Dead Parrot Society!
images

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'll give the thread this though... It's the most action a non contest related thread has got here in quite some time that wasn't just random nonsense...

We had someone attacking vaping, people felt hurt by his words and as a defense mechanism they not only defended themselves they declared war and mounted an offensive..

The thread should have been closed, it's a pretty simple concept instead what we got is a bunch of members many that have been here for a long time feeling insulted...

^__^

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the Asus ROG with the i7-6700HQ chipset and nvidia 960M card. It's a gamers machine. Got tracking on it today and it is suppose to be delivered tomorrow by UPS.

Well, I hope you don't get the same overheating issue as my son had with his, also a gamer's machine by ASUS... but, he bought it in 2010, so hopefully that problem has been addressed by now.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors