Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Two 28ga, the wrap is 32ga. The cores space out when it's wrapped. Here it is just made.
View attachment 59925

I've got some 36ga on the way. I think that will work much better but 32 was all I had when the idea hit me so there ya go.

How do you kink the 32 gauge, use pliers? Alright, see you mention Claptons. I might have an notion how you do it now.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's and GFY :D

Started boxing up my vape gear yesterday. Some of the new gear that was on a shelf looked like it got wet but hopefully when it dries will be ok. Going to get a new computer desk and some shelve units for my new man cave at the gf's place this weekend and try to get my vape stuff organized :)

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Started boxing up my vape gear yesterday. Some of the new gear that was on a shelf looked like it got wet but hopefully when it dries will be ok. Going to get a new computer desk and some shelve units for my new man cave at the gf's place this weekend and try to get my vape stuff organized :)
Big bag of dry rice is your friend. Good for pulling moisture out of electronics.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Granted, I do not know everything between you two. Do not desire knowing either. Merely observing that it speaks volumes of each of your characters that you can return to live with her a while after this turn of bad luck. There are many people who could not do that. Glad you're able. :) Hope the vape gear does work after drying out.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you kink the 32 gauge, use pliers? Alright, see you mention Claptons. I might have an notion how you do it now.
I wrapped the 32ga around a piece of 26ga then pulled the core wire out. Then I mounted two pieces of 28ga to the drill and let the two wires grab a loop of the spring with each half rotation.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still guzzling, moaning here

And GFY one and all

Good moaning, and GFY. Drove all day yesterday to do a 4 hour job. It started at 1am. Between the plant recontaminating the sump, cranes blocking our vac truck, etc. Looks like we'll actually have to start doing some work by 3pm. I love getting paid to sleep...

Oh, but it isn't a GREAT day. Coming back from the party store, my mod skated RIGHT across the dashboard on a hard right turn, and out the friggin truck window. And THEN, I ran over my own battery. At least the Petri survived. And I thought the Xcube2 was dead meat, but it was just the flattened battery. Which neither burst into flames for the trying, nor worked. I'll call that a draw.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good moaning, and GFY. Drove all day yesterday to do a 4 hour job. It started at 1am. Between the plant recontaminating the sump, cranes blocking our vac truck, etc. Looks like we'll actually have to start doing some work by 3pm. I love getting paid to sleep...

Oh, but it isn't a GREAT day. Coming back from the party store, my mod skated RIGHT across the dashboard on a hard right turn, and out the friggin truck window. And THEN, I ran over my own battery. At least the Petri survived. And I thought the Xcube2 was dead meat, but it was just the flattened battery. Which neither burst into flames for the trying, nor worked. I'll call that a draw.

YiYiYi

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Only liking because the Petri survived.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine rides between my legs... which is safe until I get out quickly and forget it's there. :giggle: Thank GOD, the one time that happened and the thing hit the concrete HARD, it was a Coolfire4 (tough as nails!), with a titanium Achilles on top, wearing a delrin knucklehead driptip -- the driptip snapped apart, but was easily snapped back together, so no loss whatever. But I do have a dink in the bottom edge of my silver CF4. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the input. Been thinking of getting one....

I love how it looks though, lol.

Only played with it a day or so. Could possibly dial it in better, but I have plenty of BF attys I love so haven't gone to a great deal of effort to try.

If I remember right, it was the bottom air flow that was so annoying. That, and it did not lend itself well to single-coil builds, which I much prefer on my mechs.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, you people actually put your mods down?:confused:

OK, seriously, shirt pocket for me. Very rare (like, maybe once in the last 2 years) that I wear a shirt without a pocket if I'm leaving the house.
I know right? When I was working at The Vape Shop they gave me a t-shirt and when I refused to wear it they ask why I pointed to my chest and said no pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know right? When I was working at The Vape Shop they gave me a t-shirt and when I refused to wear it they ask why I pointed to my chest and said no pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
T shirts without pockets only get worn as an undergarment in the winter by me.
Gotsa hav pockets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors