Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, cranes win. I guess they cost much more to keep waiting. Just got told to pack it up and come back next week. 36 billable hours each for the whole crew, and not a damn thing accomplished.

Already HAVE two jobs on the books for next week. Going to get interesting...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love t-shirts but none of them have pockets. As you can see from this pic at a parade earlier this year. You can see the shape of my vamo hehehe
View attachment 60015

I swear, we must be related somehow. You have so much of the look of several members of my family... especially my aunt Betty! Lovely woman -- she's almost 84, and looks like my YOUNGER sister! :facepalm: I swear, she could pass for 40-45 VERY EASILY!!!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I swear, we must be related somehow. You have so much of the look of several members of my family... especially my aunt Betty! Lovely woman -- she's almost 84, and looks like my YOUNGER sister! :facepalm: I swear, she could pass for 40-45 VERY EASILY!!!

Andria
I remember you saying that before. Awe, I feel special . Thanks Andria!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember you saying that before. Awe, I feel special . Thanks Andria!

I keep seeing it, and saying it... I finally dug up a pic of Betty; kind of an old pic, about 20 yrs ago, so she was roughly mid-60s -- not a very good image, since it was scanned from a small polaroid, but at least it gives you an idea.

Betty-1995.jpg

Dunno if you can see the resemblance, from that tiny and poor-quality image...

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I keep seeing it, and saying it... I finally dug up a pic of Betty; kind of an old pic, about 20 yrs ago, so she was roughly mid-60s -- not a very good image, since it was scanned from a small polaroid, but at least it gives you an idea.

View attachment 60024

Andria
OMG that's so weird!!!! If you were to take my hair and super-impose it on that picture, it seriously could be ME! Wow. I'm going to save that and send it to my sister.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Boden I wonder about the dynamics of clapton coils.
A relatively high mass center wire surrounded by higher resistance smaller mass wire that likley has more mass per mm than the core wire.
Which one heats the most?
Does the outer wrap run cooler or hotter than the core wire?

wickiing aside how would they work?
Would there be a magic ratio of core wire size and composition to the wrap size an composition?
A high resistance center wire combined with a lower resistance out wrap wire?
ie Kanthal core/SS wrap?

or should I just forget this and concentrate on the meaning of life?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 60024

Andria
Thatsa a good looking cougar!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Boden I wonder about the dynamics of clapton coils.
A relatively high mass center wire surrounded by higher resistance smaller mass wire that likley has more mass per mm than the core wire.
Which one heats the most?
Does the outer wrap run cooler or hotter than the core wire?

wickiing aside how would they work?
Would there be a magic ratio of core wire size and composition to the wrap size an composition?
A high resistance center wire combined with a lower resistance out wrap wire?
ie Kanthal core/SS wrap?

or should I just forget this and concentrate on the meaning of life?
If you watch a clapton heat under magnification, it's definitely the core heating first and the heat radiating out, especially on fused claptons. You can see it exceptionally well on aliens and staples

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you watch a clapton heat under magnification, it's definitely the core heating first and the heat radiating out, especially on fused claptons. You can see it exceptionally well on aliens and staples

It is that way but could one figure out a way to make the heat more even?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the world coming to, Lannie remembered, and I forgot.:rolleyes:
Yeah @chopdoc what Lannie said. LJ said to tell you he's sorry to hear about what happened, and also he wishes you well. I'm probably forgetting something else.
Hey @chopdoc the Wompers say Hi backatcha. :) (Kad, are you sitting down?) I'm not feeling very talkative today, so Kad can fill you in, but I did want you to know that they were happy to hear from you, even if indirectly. ;)

I miss them a lot and I miss the shenanigans on that thread too but I dislike Retarded1 so much I refuse to go back there :( I tried, I really did but every time I posted something he showed up and made my blood boil with his anal stupidity. Today is the first time I had a real computer since the flood destroyed mine so maybe I can start keeping up here a little better :)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It is that way but could one figure out a way to make the heat more even?
I dunno, I don't seem to have any issue with them not heating evenly. I will say though, I'm FAR in favor of a much smaller outer wrap than a larger one. For example, a 26/40 clapton to me heats evenly, faster, and more effectively than a 26/30 even accounting for the different wattage you'd want to run it at. I love small gauge outer wraps. 40 gauge wrap claptons are excellent in all their myriad forms and ramp very fast. The 40g is so small that you can fit a LOT of it in there. I don't have exact measurements but it is somewhere around 10-20ft per 10 inches of wire it would seem just from how fast I go through a 100ft spool of 40g. I don't have the patience for the math on that though, that's just a total eyeball estimate

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So the wrap makes the outer part of the coil run cooler than it would without the wrap?
Explains why unwrapped wire coils can make more vapor with the same amount of watts.
I'm totally subjective on this unlike boden, but to me, claptons win hands down on production and density

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have only used claptons a bit but disagree.
You CAN get more vapor from them but you have to push them harder.
Yeah in most cases they do need more power, particularly the complex ones. Clapton is kind of a catch all and can mean so many things. So to me, something like a staple can't really be compared to normal round wire fairly. They're just too different. But the staple most certainly needs loads more power. Even still, I'd argue a smaller clapton (like a 28/40) will outperform a 28g normal round at the same wattage. But I haven't done a head to head. Haven't used normal round wire in quite a while for obvious reasons

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah in most cases they do need more power, particularly the complex ones. Clapton is kind of a catch all and can mean so many things. So to me, something like a staple can't really be compared to normal round wire fairly. They're just too different. But the staple most certainly needs loads more power. Even still, I'd argue a smaller clapton (like a 28/40) will outperform a 28g normal round at the same wattage. But I haven't done a head to head. Haven't used normal round wire in quite a while for obvious reasons

I compared 26 ga core clapton to 26 ga single and liked the single better. Had to push the clapton about 20-25% higher for the same vape.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I compared 26 ga core clapton to 26 ga single and liked the single better. Had to push the clapton about 20-25% higher for the same vape.

I used Clapton a few times and find it situational. A lot depends on the juice your vaping. With some juice its a great vape, with others it becomes a harsh vape. Usually I prefer a simple single or parallel wrap coil.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And 42 is not the answer.
Well, I guess we should wait for The Boden's answer then.
I miss them a lot and I miss the shenanigans on that thread too but I dislike Retarded1 so much I refuse to go back there :( I tried, I really did but every time I posted something he showed up and made my blood boil with his anal stupidity. Today is the first time I had a real computer since the flood destroyed mine so maybe I can start keeping up here a little better :)
He's not on the "pew" thread.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG that's so weird!!!! If you were to take my hair and super-impose it on that picture, it seriously could be ME! Wow. I'm going to save that and send it to my sister.

Really the best thing about Betty is her personality -- calm, patient, quiet, but also "sparkling"... terrific sense of humor. You remember Polly Holliday, the "kiss my grits" lady? Betty can do her PERFECTLY. :D Also, she and I are very close to the same size, and she's a massive clothes-horse, so I get all her cast-offs... that there is NOTHING wrong with, she's just tired of them. :D

She has the same personality as my grandfather, her dad, and he was a true treasure; losing him felt like losing part of my own body, and I was only 24 at the time, my first family loss, and it was devastating. I really wish my husband could have known my Pop, but since he knows Betty, at least he has a good mental image of what Pop was like.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors