ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Infinitely variable numbers. In what appears to be infinitely random order. But in reality not random at all. Just very very complex interactions.
Numbers are so restrictive, the universe is so analog. At least on the perceivable level.
Of course! Infinite variable numbers in both directions........infinite negative as well as infinite positive. With 0 being neutral. It's the ONLY neutral non-infinite number. Or, is it really a number? :zombie:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I miss them a lot and I miss the shenanigans on that thread too but I dislike Retarded1 so much I refuse to go back there :( I tried, I really did but every time I posted something he showed up and made my blood boil with his anal stupidity. Today is the first time I had a real computer since the flood destroyed mine so maybe I can start keeping up here a little better :)

That's exaxctly why I chose not to go back there, despite all my many friends there, and despite the terrible withdrawal I felt here, before Roxy and all y'all showed up over here... it just wasn't worth having to put up with that despicable asshole.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Really the best thing about Betty is her personality -- calm, patient, quiet, but also "sparkling"... terrific sense of humor. You remember Polly Holliday, the "kiss my grits" lady? Betty can do her PERFECTLY. :D Also, she and I are very close to the same size, and she's a massive clothes-horse, so I get all her cast-offs... that there is NOTHING wrong with, she's just tired of them. :D

She has the same personality as my grandfather, her dad, and he was a true treasure; losing him felt like losing part of my own body, and I was only 24 at the time, my first family loss, and it was devastating. I really wish my husband could have known my Pop, but since he knows Betty, at least he has a good mental image of what Pop was like.

Andria
She sounds like a wonderful person Andria. :blowkiss:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course! Infinite variable numbers in both directions........infinite negative as well as infinite positive. With 0 being neutral. It's the ONLY neutral non-infinite number. Or, is it really a number? :zombie:
There you go still thinking in numbers.
Numbers are just a human concept to try and quantify things in the universe.
Negative and positive numbers are irrelevant in the over all scheme of things.
Fractions are just an attempt to try and catch things that fall in between numbers.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's exaxctly why I chose not to go back there, despite all my many friends there, and despite the terrible withdrawal I felt here, before Roxy and all y'all showed up over here... it just wasn't worth having to put up with that despicable asshole.

Andria
I just appreciate seeing YOU there........a year ago. I needed help and YOU are the one that responded and kept me in check. You da bomb Andria!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
She sounds like a wonderful person Andria. :blowkiss:

She is... but she's mad at me lately, because I'm not holding my mom's hand every minute of the day. I can *JUST ABOUT* deal with my mom long enough to clean her house once a month, and not one instant longer than that. Suffice it to say, my mom is NOTHING!!! at all like her sister. :facepalm: My mom really does have the emotional maturity of maybe an 8 yr old... and Betty is one of her enablers. I won't enable, so naturally Betty is mad about that. Betty AND my stepfather both see and understand my mom's immaturity, but keep enabling her. I won't. i think my mom is more like YOUR sister. :D Though she doesn't drink anymore... but "sober"? Nah. She's what I would call a "dry drunk."

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There you go still thinking in numbers.
Numbers are just a human concept to try and quantify things in the universe.
Negative and positive numbers are irrelevant in the over all scheme of things.
Not when you use them as in "time". Never was a beginning, never will be an end.
Ok, I'm off to bed. Long days ahead. Gnight!!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just appreciate seeing YOU there........a year ago. I needed help and YOU are the one that responded and kept me in check. You da bomb Andria!

I sorta remember that... I think. When you were struggling to get smoke-free and stay that way, and I recommended WTA? That shit saved me! i still have that tiny smidge, probably about .5ml, in the last bottle I was using out of, and days when shit like the FDA crap gets me down, a drop or two can really make a HUGE difference.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Granted, I do not know everything between you two. Do not desire knowing either. Merely observing that it speaks volumes of each of your characters that you can return to live with her a while after this turn of bad luck. There are many people who could not do that. Glad you're able. :) Hope the vape gear does work after drying out.

Man bro, you had me thinking ever since I read this. We have 29 years of history together and there has been good years and there has been some really fucked up years. At times I think giving in to her and moving in with her is a huge mistake and she will do something or say something to confirm that, and then at other times I know she is looking out for me. She refused to let me help with moving any of the furniture out of the house because of my heart condition yet she got some friends to come help and worked her ass off on clearing out everything. Then she will turn around and do something or say something that will have me boiling mad. I am stressed out to the max anyways and she talked me into making a doc's appointment for some nerve pills or something to chill me out next week. She knows my fuse is very short.
She does things like earlier this week we tied into it real hard because I said I love the looks of the Dodge challengers. She goes off on how I am not going to buy a 30 or 40K car and I never said I was going to do that. Then she called me tonight from a car lot and tells me she found a beautiful grey 2012 Challenger for 18K. I told her that's around 7K more than I want to spend and she is like don't worry about it, she will cover what I don't have. Damn woman. So I donno Morely, I really don't know if I am making a huge mistake or life is handing us another chance. Time will tell. Does it have to do with character or just blind luck or bad luck, I really donno.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man bro, you had me thinking ever since I read this. We have 29 years of history together and there has been good years and there has been some really fucked up years. At times I think giving in to her and moving in with her is a huge mistake and she will do something or say something to confirm that, and then at other times I know she is looking out for me. She refused to let me help with moving any of the furniture out of the house because of my heart condition yet she got some friends to come help and worked her ass off on clearing out everything. Then she will turn around and do something or say something that will have me boiling mad. I am stressed out to the max anyways and she talked me into making a doc's appointment for some nerve pills or something to chill me out next week. She knows my fuse is very short.
She does things like earlier this week we tied into it real hard because I said I love the looks of the Dodge challengers. She goes off on how I am not going to buy a 30 or 40K car and I never said I was going to do that. Then she called me tonight from a car lot and tells me she found a beautiful grey 2012 Challenger for 18K. I told her that's around 7K more than I want to spend and she is like don't worry about it, she will cover what I don't have. Damn woman. So I donno Morely, I really don't know if I am making a huge mistake or life is handing us another chance. Time will tell. Does it have to do with character or just blind luck or bad luck, I really donno.
Well I sure can't tell ya how to go.
Just wish you both the best of luck.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
e944efdfdb7ecc70863d59bf6a271736x.jpg

She wants me to go test drive this tomorrow.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My husband and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary -- and though we love each other to distraction and really couldn't survive apart, there are times, many times, when we'd just love to knock the shit out of each other. :D Been there, done that, got over it, last time when I had to go to jail. :D

I think THE MOST IMPORTANT ingredient for a happy long-standing relationship is just plain tolerance. You can't like someone every minute of every day, especially when you have to live with them. So you just tolerate, sometimes.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never had a fight with my wife Unit.
either verbal or physical.

We never had a single fight, argument, or disagreement, until we were married and I was pregnant -- hormones bouncing all over the place. :rolleyes: The couple who lived next door to us at the time couldn't believe it, that we never argued about anything. And to be honest, we've really had damn few arguments about anything significant; we see eye to eye on 99.99% of really important things. Our arguments are usually, almost always, a case of sheer ill-tempered bickering, just both being bitches at the same time.

Andria

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think THE MOST IMPORTANT ingredient for a happy long-standing relationship is just plain tolerance. You can't like someone every minute of every day, especially when you have to live with them. So you just tolerate, sometimes.
Me and the missus have had our share of issues, and it was really, really bad a few years back. Bad, as in we were separated and divorce was waiting in the wings. Then we had to deal with a medical emergency with the son and that forced us to work through the baggage we were carrying about each other. Since then, I've learned to give up being upset over some of the things she does or doesn't do that make me crazy at times. Me being upset about it won't make any difference, and probably make things worse if I hang on to it. There are times where giving up being upset doesn't negate the issue, but it lets me approach it from a space of not being in an upset over it to work it out with her. And it has me get in touch with what was causing me to be upset in the first place. And a lot of the time, it's drudging up crap from the past and holding it against her - and that has absolutely no bearing on what's happening now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I sure can't tell ya how to go.
Just wish you both the best of luck.

Would have to agree with this too.

For couples arguing, learned that it might be something wrong if there's no arguing at all. Me and wife agree on a lot. I still want to divorce her because she doesn't like The Doors. I did not know she didn't until we had been married five years. She also does not like the movie Prince's Bride. Got her to cave though, she had to buy me dvd sets of Mork From Ork in order to keep me from watching that when she's around.

Know those sound like silly things. Yes, to a degree they are that. We do have arguments over more serious things at times. She's more diplomatic than me. I keep telling her she ought to stop paying so much of the bills here because her sister and her husband ought to be helping. She keeps finding reason to pay bills. Yes, I understand bills need paid and yes we benefit some from what's paid for. That isn't my point of contention in the argument. Suffice it that "family" life isn't exactly peachy keen.

Still me and her seem to find our balance. We also try remaining kids to a point because taking life too serious, well, I'm now slated to go onto an anti-depressant. Life gets to be too same old same old for me, and I connect too many dots and see the tragedy of living too much. The bigger aspects do effect the individual aspects, difficult keeping them at arm's length. Kind of feel like taking medicine won't help because it's like a drunk drinking to forget troubles, sober up and the same troubles are still there. Ah well, maybe a small bit of at least feeling "okay". "Got to do something, even if it is wrong."

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She is... but she's mad at me lately, because I'm not holding my mom's hand every minute of the day. I can *JUST ABOUT* deal with my mom long enough to clean her house once a month, and not one instant longer than that. Suffice it to say, my mom is NOTHING!!! at all like her sister. :facepalm: My mom really does have the emotional maturity of maybe an 8 yr old... and Betty is one of her enablers. I won't enable, so naturally Betty is mad about that. Betty AND my stepfather both see and understand my mom's immaturity, but keep enabling her. I won't. i think my mom is more like YOUR sister. :D Though she doesn't drink anymore... but "sober"? Nah. She's what I would call a "dry drunk."

Andria
My sister finally listened to me and is on some me
My husband and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary -- and though we love each other to distraction and really couldn't survive apart, there are times, many times, when we'd just love to knock the shit out of each other. :D Been there, done that, got over it, last time when I had to go to jail. :D

Andria
Yes this sounds like a good answer Choppy. She's obviously a good woman, and loves you very much.
Beautiful car! I love those. Wanted one when they came out, but I don't make that kind of moolah. lol! Go for it. YOU have been through too much and deserve to splurge.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would have to agree with this too.

For couples arguing, learned that it might be something wrong if there's no arguing at all. Me and wife agree on a lot. I still want to divorce her because she doesn't like The Doors. I did not know she didn't until we had been married five years. She also does not like the movie Prince's Bride. Got her to cave though, she had to buy me dvd sets of Mork From Ork in order to keep me from watching that when she's around.

Know those sound like silly things. Yes, to a degree they are that. We do have arguments over more serious things at times. She's more diplomatic than me. I keep telling her she ought to stop paying so much of the bills here because her sister and her husband ought to be helping. She keeps finding reason to pay bills. Yes, I understand bills need paid and yes we benefit some from what's paid for. That isn't my point of contention in the argument. Suffice it that "family" life isn't exactly peachy keen.

Still me and her seem to find our balance. We also try remaining kids to a point because taking life too serious, well, I'm now slated to go onto an anti-depressant. Life gets to be too same old same old for me, and I connect too many dots and see the tragedy of living too much. The bigger aspects do effect the individual aspects, difficult keeping them at arm's length. Kind of feel like taking medicine won't help because it's like a drunk drinking to forget troubles, sober up and the same troubles are still there. Ah well, maybe a small bit of at least feeling "okay". "Got to do something, even if it is wrong."

That's actually not true, about antidepressants -- you're in therapy, yes? Antidepressants get you to the place where you can actually BENEFIT from the therapy, and make some changes, learn some coping skills, etc... so that eventually, you'll be off the meds, and you won't need them. I haven't been on Effexor in about 9-10 yrs... though I've had some VERY HAIRY shit to deal with... but I got thru it, because I had a good therapist, who helped me learn a lot about coping with stress, the fact that shit happens, etc. So that hopefully I never get back to that awful suicidal hole where I really need the meds.

Andria

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's. Hope yall had a great time GFY today :D

Went test drove that challenger today, its very nice. Might go ahead and get it tomorrow. Also got a lot of my vape gear boxed up and ready to move. Looks like it is gonna be a busy weekend!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's actually not true, about antidepressants -- you're in therapy, yes? Antidepressants get you to the place where you can actually BENEFIT from the therapy, and make some changes, learn some coping skills, etc... so that eventually, you'll be off the meds, and you won't need them. I haven't been on Effexor in about 9-10 yrs... though I've had some VERY HAIRY shit to deal with... but I got thru it, because I had a good therapist, who helped me learn a lot about coping with stress, the fact that shit happens, etc. So that hopefully I never get back to that awful suicidal hole where I really need the meds.

Andria

Kind of think that's the concern with me, though the PA doing the script was being polite. I've already been through a cognitive behavior training refresher course. I was on Prozac but had to get off it. I got up and active while still dead asleep, hallucinated while on Prozac. The therapy I'm doing now is seeing a social worker every two weeks. She has already admitted me and her talking is not having any great effect aside from giving me a safe venting time. Yes that helps up to a point, yet it really doesn't change any of the external stuff which I've no control over. I'm very accepting that what will be, will be. I'm just tired of being lost, feeling useless. What cinches that for me lies in the fact that anything I do needs to rely on other people to do what they need to do, to buy or trade for what I produce, goods or labor. Yes, I know that applies to everyone. I understand that. Does not mean I need to like it, or that understanding it helps in feeling useful. I can do my best, then, well as you say shit happens. I'm just tired of shit happening.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kind of think that's the concern with me, though the PA doing the script was being polite. I've already been through a cognitive behavior training refresher course. I was on Prozac but had to get off it. I got up and active while still dead asleep, hallucinated while on Prozac. The therapy I'm doing now is seeing a social worker every two weeks. She has already admitted me and her talking is not having any great effect aside from giving me a safe venting time. Yes that helps up to a point, yet it really doesn't change any of the external stuff which I've no control over. I'm very accepting that what will be, will be. I'm just tired of being lost, feeling useless. What cinches that for me lies in the fact that anything I do needs to rely on other people to do what they need to do, to buy or trade for what I produce, goods or labor. Yes, I know that applies to everyone. I understand that. Does not mean I need to like it, or that understanding it helps in feeling useful. I can do my best, then, well as you say shit happens. I'm just tired of shit happening.

I can totally relate. My thing recently is that I'm just tired of living in THIS body -- it's 55 yrs old, past procreation so I can't even indulge in REcreation, and half the digestive bits don't work worth a damn. Not suicidal really, just tired of a dysfunctional body! But oh well; longevity is quite common in females of my family, and now I've quit smoking, haven't indulged in booze in 24 yrs now, so I may have to endure this body growing ever more dysfunctional for quite a while yet. *sigh*

I guess the main thing you learn from good therapy, is not to define your entire life by all the crappy parts of it. Everybody has crappy bits; life goes on, somehow, someway. Just try to find the bits that give you joy, or at least don't bring you any further down. And cleave like mad to the person or people you love.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors