Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your day appears to have been much better than mine......:vino:....:giggle:

Those are OLD pics. SO yesterday. Today, I just drank the fair weather, unfettered sky and sunshine, and good roads. And of course some wine when the scoot got parked.

One of my bright filaments died. Eh. 36K miles, OK. Rest may have 10 to 100% more life, might as well change em. I had two complaints with the bike on the trip. Lighting and suspension. Lighting is COMPLETELY solved with all LED upgrades that add function, pass whites on the front passive turns, and run/brake/turn to the rear previously passive turns. The LED brake light from BrightAssLights.com is.. bright. 20 modes of stead/strobe/flash/reset. Carefully shopped, it was a $500 project that really lit me up, gives me better framing in corners, and cuts out the lead drivers rear mirrors, except auto side views.

THe rear converts passive turns to Run/Brake/Turn, and the brake light is OMFG. Don't take my word, specs are on BrightAssLights.com..

Someone is going to WANT to not be aware of my presence. Should have some good pics tomorrow, fore and aft., afore and after.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can totally relate. My thing recently is that I'm just tired of living in THIS body -- it's 55 yrs old, past procreation so I can't even indulge in REcreation, and half the digestive bits don't work worth a damn. Not suicidal really, just tired of a dysfunctional body! But oh well; longevity is quite common in females of my family, and now I've quit smoking, haven't indulged in booze in 24 yrs now, so I may have to endure this body growing ever more dysfunctional for quite a while yet. *sigh*

I guess the main thing you learn from good therapy, is not to define your entire life by all the crappy parts of it. Everybody has crappy bits; life goes on, somehow, someway. Just try to find the bits that give you joy, or at least don't bring you any further down. And cleave like mad to the person or people you love.

Andria

Well, on good standing then in some manner. I persist in doing better, getting somewhere in life despite the negatives. No intentions of surrendering those I love. Like I said, tired of shit happening and not having control over external causes, people. Not that I truly desire full authoritarian control. I would though appreciate if when I did something, it remained as done, planned or it functioned regardless of the 'waiting/relying on others'. Do not see that happening though.

An example, my wife has gotten me a few subscriptions to wood working magazines. Her grandfather had a good assortment of tools, I also brought a good assortment of tools from my grandfather's. I could feasibly start doing small woodworking projects to knock off some small products for selling to the 'primitive' shops locally. Ha! If I could get a clear are that would stay clear to do so. if I did not have to go and beg for tools from others who use them. I simply don't follow the logic of others here.

Last week, I know her granddad's brand name weed eater sat outside three or four days, in the rains. I had not had the thing. When I use it, once I finish it is returned to a communally agreed upon building. Once in a while I might forget to clean the grass off of it but I do return it to shelter and usually in good working order. I kind of revere her and my grandfather's tools & am bent toward keeping them up as well as able.

Well, I let the weed eater set out. I had not had use of it and figured any who did ought to be responsible enough to put it up. Bah. I did finally make use of it, and put it up. How much you wager if it becomes fouled, "oh well you ought to put it up, it's all your fault"? To which I'll aptly reply "go fuck yourself", or would if not for being the 'better person'. This is some of the shit happening I grow weary over. I ought not need to "lead horses to water' in these cases either. Most of them are allegedly educated and versed in such manners. Why should onerous fall to me?

It's enough I fumble at times in keeping me and wife best I can. Even there ' shit happens'. Bah. I do not tolerate stupid well. I often become a bit stupid in anger, say the 'wrong' thing, do the 'wrong' thing. This is why I am the people loving misanthrope and cannot 'work' outside the home any more. Well, seems I am going to need to, weather I'm able or not. This place keeps grinding her down. No choice but to try helping more so in some way, at least hopefully I can find something menial for steady pay. I'm only qualified for general labor. But, have to love how you woe man re, last night she brings me in a book. _How to sell freelance writing_ this book was called. *shaking my head* So, still lost I think.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
DAYUM thass sessy, Doc. I think you need a pick-me-up about now, and when the ladies see ya driving that, they're going to want a pick-me-up, too. ;)

Test drove it yesterday and dayum is right. Its the V6 version but it is putting out 305 HP and it gets up and go.Gonna go by this morning and if its still there probably buy it.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning Fugees! If today is only half as amazing as yesterday it will still be a fantastic day! Have a great weekend all and GFY! Or feel free to GF someone else if you'd like.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those are OLD pics. SO yesterday. Today, I just drank the fair weather, unfettered sky and sunshine, and good roads. And of course some wine when the scoot got parked.

One of my bright filaments died. Eh. 36K miles, OK. Rest may have 10 to 100% more life, might as well change em. I had two complaints with the bike on the trip. Lighting and suspension. Lighting is COMPLETELY solved with all LED upgrades that add function, pass whites on the front passive turns, and run/brake/turn to the rear previously passive turns. The LED brake light from BrightAssLights.com is.. bright. 20 modes of stead/strobe/flash/reset. Carefully shopped, it was a $500 project that really lit me up, gives me better framing in corners, and cuts out the lead drivers rear mirrors, except auto side views.

THe rear converts passive turns to Run/Brake/Turn, and the brake light is OMFG. Don't take my word, specs are on BrightAssLights.com..

Someone is going to WANT to not be aware of my presence. Should have some good pics tomorrow, fore and aft., afore and after.

I don't know why Harley doesn't make it standard equipment to have their tail lights turn signals also be brake lights. On both of my Harleys I bought the gizmo that plugs in under the seat for that conversion.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Fugee's and GFY :D

Another fun filled day planned for me. Cleaned out my new man cave last night and today gonna try to get a computer desk and some new book shelves in it then start moving all my DIY mixing stuff over here. Was boxing up vape gear and damn I got a lot of shit :D 4 large boxes so far and more that needs to be boxed up but at least now I will be better organized.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not tolerate stupid well. I often become a bit stupid in anger, say the 'wrong' thing, do the 'wrong' thing. This is why I am the people loving misanthrope and cannot 'work' outside the home any more.

I really don't tolerate stupid *AT ALL* -- which, yes, is one of the primary reasons I don't have or seek employment, and fortunately, my husband prefers it that way -- I don't do much in the way of housework either, but I cook, which I don't do AT ALL if I'm employed, and I stay moderately sane and well-balanced if I don't have to go out and deal with stupid all day.

I'm also an extreme loner, always have been (I'm an "only-child"), and being around people all day long is a great way for me to go stark raving MAD -- my husband was an only-child until he was 11, so he gets that very well too. That was one of the hardest things to get thru to my therapist -- being alone all day doesn't mean I'm alienated, fer cryin out loud; it's how I PREFER to be! Maybe I've ALWAYS been alienated, so don't know how to be any other way, and everytime I've tried to learn, it never ends well. I'm really not like other people, in a most profound sense, and having to confront that fact all day every day is a great way for me to become suicidally depressed; if I keep to myself, I generally manage to rock along pretty well.

I think this "difference" is one of the main reasons why my mom and I have never gotten along well; she makes a virtual religion of "what will people say?" and I really couldn't care less -- she always wanted me to BE like other people, and I'm just not. Trying to be something you're not, well there's a surefire way to be unhappy. Since I accepted my absolute uniqueness -- and married a man who is also absolutely one-of-a-kind -- I've been a great deal happier.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hank's in super-stealth mode today
cd388ba083640a815c5ed644d7543667.jpg

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know why Harley doesn't make it standard equipment to have their tail lights turn signals also be brake lights. On both of my Harleys I bought the gizmo that plugs in under the seat for that conversion.

Money. Most HD aficionado's shop the MoCo's upgrade wares first. Part of the plan. Put crap parts on the stocker, and sell LOTS of what shoulda been there to begin with. I make it a point to make the base vehicle my last purchase of HD parts. Peeking in between putting on Custom Dynamic's Clusters LED's, BrightAssLights.com 's taillight, SoCalMotoGear's PathFinder LED headlamps, and a set of Progressive 944 rear shocks. The front Monotubes and springs are above my paygrade. Gotta pay someone to put those in for me..

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hank LOVES the basement. It's when kad's down there that things get a bit "sketchy". Lol
How did I get brought into this discussion? I have been behaving myself perfectly as of late.
Well, OK, I may know someone who would disagree on if I have been behaving this weekend, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors