Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A funny thing for me are the people on ECR and places complaining about spit back and vaping at 150 watts:)

It may be uncharitable of me... but I can't help feeling, if you're vaping at 150w, you pretty much deserve whatever you get. :giggle: When a newbie posts a thread about how his vape burns his throat, and he's vaping at 50w, 80w, 100w... I just think, "Well DUH!" :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be uncharitable of me... but I can't help feeling, if you're vaping at 150w, you pretty much deserve whatever you get. :giggle: When a newbie posts a thread about how his vape burns his throat, and he's vaping at 50w, 80w, 100w... I just think, "Well DUH!" :giggle:

Andria
Same here.
Newbies start out now at 60 watts or better it seems.
Many of the new tanks require that to produce any vapor.

Kind of like a new skier starting out on the 'suicide slope' run.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why are people so SMALL MINDED? Sunday is "Go Topless Day", where women across the USA and Canada go topless to support the freedom of choice to do so. Go Topless DAY?!? Black History has February, Ladies, but the other 11 months are WIDE OPEN.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here.
Newbies start out now at 60 watts or better it seems.
Many of the new tanks require that to produce any vapor.

Just SMH. I remember being upset that my vv3 wouldn't go any lower than 6w. :D My sigelei zmax would, though; I could use it when I first woke up in the morning, because it would go down to 5w. :giggle: Now I vape at a blazing 10w; I could still use those 15w Zmax's, but I like box mods, they're a lot harder to tip over than tubes.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why are people so SMALL MINDED? Sunday is "Go Topless Day", where women across the USA and Canada go topless to support the freedom of choice to do so. Go Topless DAY?!? Black History has February, Ladies, but the other 11 months are WIDE OPEN.

It really wouldn't bother me to show my tits to all and sundry, but I have a strong objection to showing my midriff-bulge fat. :facepalm:

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really wouldn't bother me to show my tits to all and sundry, but I have a strong objection to showing my midriff-bulge fat. :facepalm:

Andria

I think it's adorable that women in Montreal participate. I assume they want the right, ostensibly, weather permitting. COME on, Quebec, LET them have their day!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Attitudes vary a lot. When I lived in Orygun if one saw a topless woman on the beach it was cool.

Here is KY they run screaming for a cop.

Stoopit humans.

It is for the children!

but it is ok for their children to see a topless woman on TV and such that was cut in half to make her topless.

REALLY REALLY Stoopit Hoomins.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MMM, I would call the AMHS and ask about packing on the ferry if/when there are Canadian ports.

A friend of mine got arrested for having two firearms on his boat in a Canadian port that never actually touched Canadian soil.

I put a link to a blog from the Victoria Times about it. The guy runs a boat called the Lulu Belle to Valdez every summer from Port Angelos.

fred-rodolph-vs-the-firearms-act-or-when-good-people-are-victimized-by-bad-law

Once you are in Alaska, firearm heaven. Both kinds of carry are legal: open and concealed, no permits needed for either option.

Apologies to my Canadian friends, but that is one f'd up country, legally. I had a "friend" in Vancouver who dicked me over. I told him if I ever saw him again, I'd kill him. He knew I was going to Whistler later that year, and a friend of his was a big shot with the RCMP. When my flight landed in Vancouver, the RCMP was there to take me off the plane. I convinced them to not cuff me in front of my kids. The dude was THERE at the airport, thinking he'd savor the moment. I pointed him out, and the mounties nabbed him and affirmed his identity as I told them it would be, and that he was the "Complaintant"

After a few hours in a cell, I had to go before a magistrate and swear I'd have no contact with the fucker. A "Peace Bond". The RCMP wanted my "Permanent Landed Immigrant" status revoked, and I asked for a sidebar. I then told the story to the Judge and the RCMP, and told him I'd chase down the link to his buddy, and blow the shit wide open if they tried to take away my rights. They agreed to settle for "Stay out of West Van for 30 days". Prick died shortly thereafter... wasn't me, I swear.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Apologies to my Canadian friends, but that is one f'd up country, legally. I had a "friend" in Vancouver who dicked me over. I told him if I ever saw him again, I'd kill him. He knew I was going to Whistler later that year, and a friend of his was a big shot with the RCMP. When my flight landed in Vancouver, the RCMP was there to take me off the plane. I convinced them to not cuff me in front of my kids. The dude was THERE at the airport, thinking he'd savor the moment. I pointed him out, and the mounties nabbed him and affirmed his identity as I told them it would be, and that he was the "Complaintant"

After a few hours in a cell, I had to go before a magistrate and swear I'd have no contact with the fucker. A "Peace Bond". The RCMP wanted my "Permanent Landed Immigrant" status revoked, and I asked for a sidebar. I then told the story to the Judge and the RCMP, and told him I'd chase down the link to his buddy, and blow the shit wide open if they tried to take away my rights. They agreed to settle for "Stay out of West Van for 30 days". Prick died shortly thereafter... wasn't me, I swear.

Yeah, my friend Fred who got busted is in his seventies and never even had a parking ticket.

Pre 9/11 Canada was a much funner place :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my friend Fred who got busted is in his seventies and never even had a parking ticket.

Pre 9/11 Canada was a much funner place :(

Not really. When our son was born in '88, my parents came up from ATL to visit us in Pontiac, MI; while they were on this very long trip, after departing a week with us, they went on to Windsor, where they wanted to see the sights, say they'd been in Canada -- kind of a biggish deal way down here in the deep south. :D However, when they got to the other side of the bridge, a cursory search of their vehicle turned up their automatic pistol -- in a snapped holster, unloaded, in the trunk of the car -- my parents bought it for self-protection, and still have it as far as I know. but nuh-uh, they didn't get to visit Canada, except a trip to whatever jail holds those Americans who unwittingly break some stupid law. My stepfather was fully licensed for it, all perfectly legal -- but not in Canada.

Need i say that it left a less than pleasant impression of Canada on them.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, you had to declare them back then or busted big time.

You still can on some firearms, hunting rifles I think (haven't done it since 9/11) but it's even stricter now.

In the past, I crossed the border many times on both ends - with fire arms, ammo, liquor, cigarettes, pets, kids, rental vehicles, even once when I was underage - back in the day even brought something we're not supposed to mention on VU, lol.

Isn't the Retired1 a Canadian ehh?

Fuckin' aye

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went to windsor a couple of times, when I lived up there. Once with my ex, thru the tunnel; later with my husband, over the bridge, which I much preferred; the tunnel made me a bit claustrophobic. The thing that most impressed me was how clean it was; no trash anywhere, no cans or bottles or butts littering the streets; like a city in a movie; it didn't seem real, without the everyday detritus. You didn't see cans or bottles on the roads in MI either, due to that awesome 10 cent refund on each and every one. :D Loved that. down here, they don't have that, and there are cans and bottles EVERYWHERE... you see the guys in orange jumpsuits out on the road, picking up trash. :D

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, you had to declare them back then or busted big time.

You still can on some firearms, hunting rifles I think (haven't done it since 9/11) but it's even stricter now.

In the past, I crossed the border many times on both ends - with fire arms, ammo, liquor, cigarettes, pets, kids, rental vehicles, even once when I was underage - back in the day even brought something we're not supposed to mention on VU, lol.

Fuckin' aye

Now THAT is our Lucy. Underage, with kids, liquor, ammo, The Chrome and stuff we're not supposed to mention. God I love ya...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really. When our son was born in '88, my parents came up from ATL to visit us in Pontiac, MI; while they were on this very long trip, after departing a week with us, they went on to Windsor, where they wanted to see the sights, say they'd been in Canada -- kind of a biggish deal way down here in the deep south. :D However, when they got to the other side of the bridge, a cursory search of their vehicle turned up their automatic pistol -- in a snapped holster, unloaded, in the trunk of the car -- my parents bought it for self-protection, and still have it as far as I know. but nuh-uh, they didn't get to visit Canada, except a trip to whatever jail holds those Americans who unwittingly break some stupid law. My stepfather was fully licensed for it, all perfectly legal -- but not in Canada.

Need i say that it left a less than pleasant impression of Canada on them.

Andria

I've lived in Windsor. May I inquire as to these "Sights" of which you make mention?!?

Dayum, the Shenanigans that went on in the basement of Assumption Church... the priests HAD to have had a hidey hole, what with all the free pop and chips and lack of supervision...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, one other thing impressed me about Canada -- the nude dancers are a LOT more um... up close and personal... with the customers. :D I'd been to a lot of those places here in Atlanta, and they're fully nude, and open till 4am... but they never, ever touch, and you'd better not touch them either, unless you really wanna learn how to fly, when the bouncers physically toss your ass out the door. :D

Thought you pervies would wanna know that, about Canada. :D Puritanism isn't nearly as prevalent up there.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've lived in Windsor. May I inquire as to these "Sights" of which you make mention?!?

Dayum, the Shenanigans that went on in the basement of Assumption Church... the priests HAD to have had a hidey hole, what with all the free pop and chips and lack of supervision...

Really I think it's just the view of the river, and Detroit across it; I think they were going to get to the amtrak station or some train station, and take it back to DC, rent another car and drive back to ATL the long way, from DC -- lots of good shit to do on the Carolinas coasts! It was just a way for them to extend their vaca into something a little new & different, but the new & different they got wasn't what they expected or wanted!

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, one other thing impressed me about Canada -- the nude dancers are a LOT more um... up close and personal... with the customers. :D I'd been to a lot of those places here in Atlanta, and they're fully nude, and open till 4am... but they never, ever touch, and you'd better not touch them either, unless you really wanna learn how to fly, when the bouncers physically toss your ass out the door. :D

Thought you pervies would wanna know that, about Canada. :D Puritanism isn't nearly as prevalent up there.

Andria

Been there, upchucked that. I'm sorry, but having multiple bodies rubbing their various naked cracks up the same pole, then swinging on it, then wanting to touch me? We learned to swim UPSTREAM from our shit MILLENIA ago...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really I think it's just the view of the river, and Detroit across it; I think they were going to get to the amtrak station or some train station, and take it back to DC, rent another car and drive back to ATL the long way, from DC -- lots of good shit to do on the Carolinas coasts! It was just a way for them to extend their vaca into something a little new & different, but the new & different they got wasn't what they expected or wanted!

Andria

I'm just funning Windsor. The view of Detroit, the Bridge, the riverfront park that goes from bridge to Oulette (main in Windsor), Oulette itself, all quaint. Some park up Oulette, a garden if I remember.. The Chinese food is hard to beat. Tracy Starr's was THE attraction for Americans. Topless, and maybe the first bottomless. I just remember it was notorious for Windsorites, and a haven for Americans.

They offer (ed)18 year old drinking, gambling, and nude dancing, all to draw in Americans, and hate Americans. Hmm... I never miss an opportunity to point out to the Haters of those I know and do business with... It ain't like you're trying to attract our BEST ya know.. hosers.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been there, upchucked that. I'm sorry, but having multiple bodies rubbing their various naked cracks up the same pole, then swinging on it, then wanting to touch me? We learned to swim UPSTREAM from our shit MILLENIA ago...

I've always thought it would be fun to visit Amsterdam, see their redlight streets; the total lack of puritanical killjoys just blows my mind. Also the legality of that other stuff. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just funning Windsor. The view of Detroit, the Bridge, the riverfront park that goes from bridge to Oulette (main in Windsor), Oulette itself, all quaint. Some park up Oulette, a garden if I remember.. The Chinese food is hard to beat. Tracy Starr's was THE attraction for Americans. Topless, and maybe the first bottomless. I just remember it was notorious for Windsorites, and a haven for Americans.

They offer (ed)18 year old drinking, gambling, and nude dancing, all to draw in Americans, and hate Americans. Hmm... I never miss an opportunity to point out to the Haters of those I know and do business with... It ain't like you're trying to attract our BEST ya know.. hosers.

Oh yeah, my ex and I ate at a Chinese restaurant while there, and it was AMAZING -- he was able to get Crispy Duck, which you have to order in advance here in ATL.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
None, but to take one over the border on either side you need an international health certificate

Currently have three cats under quarantine for Hawaii and their requirements, now that is some shit

GOT it. I thought you needed to be royalty or something! You know, a TITLE. I would certainly be delighted to be Moueix, King of Pussy...
Learning Kahiko doesn't come overnight for cats.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
GOT it. I thought you needed to be royalty or something! You know, a TITLE. I would certainly be delighted to be Moueix, King of Pussy...
Learning Kahiko doesn't come overnight for cats.

There is a special permit needed for a Lynx, our only native feline

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, my ex and I ate at a Chinese restaurant while there, and it was AMAZING -- he was able to get Crispy Duck, which you have to order in advance here in ATL.

Andria

I lived there early to mid teens. Windsor was OLD SKOOL then. Sunday, everything was closed except a couple party stores and some fast food joints. Downtown was downright WEIRD. As kids, we owned the streets downtown on Sundays with bikes, scooters, whatever we had. And the tunnel has a bus that would take you to what was still a pretty nice and safe Downtown Detroit. Prices were CRAZY in Windsor though, and Mom would let me, at 12 years old and alone, wear shit clothes and shoes on the bus to Detroit, pick up all new stuff there and ditch the old, have lunch and ride back. Damn, she was SO cool. I miss the daylights outta that fine specimen of No Helicopters In Sight Parenting.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I lived there early to mid teens. Windsor was OLD SKOOL then. Sunday, everything was closed except a couple party stores and some fast food joints. Downtown was downright WEIRD. As kids, we owned the streets downtown on Sundays with bikes, scooters, whatever we had. And the tunnel has a bus that would take you to what was still a pretty nice and safe Downtown Detroit. Prices were CRAZY there though, and Mom would let me, at 12 years old, wear shit clothes and shoes on the bus to Detroit, pick up all new stuff there and ditch the old, and ride back. Damn, she was SO cool. I miss the daylights outta that fine specimen of Parenting.

Hmm... I was there in the mid and late 80s; '85 with the ex, '89 with my husband, because we had our son with us -- the excursion to the adult entertainment was with my ex. :D He didn't drink, but liked naked women; they had a 2-drink minimum, which I loved; he got a coke, but I got 2 beers. :giggle:

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... I was there in the mid and late 80s; '85 with the ex, '89 with my husband, because we had our son with us -- the excursion to the adult entertainment was with my ex. :D He didn't drink, but liked naked women; they had a 2-drink minimum, which I loved; he got a coke, but I got 2 beers. :giggle:

Andria

Mmm.. I was gone by '74? We moved there, from Detroit where we had never experienced any crime but a thief who stole a tire from our garage, to escape the "crime". That was after having jeeps of Automatic toting National Guardsman patrol our streets in '67, and "blockbuster" realtors who were selling the first couple homes in each neighborhood at a loss, to black families to drive the turnover.

Damned if a cat burgular didn't shortly break into our home in Windsor WHILE WE SLEPT (can you say "Home Invasion"?) and steal my Moms purse and Dads wallet off the bureau. Guess he wasn't worried we might have GUNS.

So my Dad went to the pound, rescued the first dog that barked. He rarely ever barked again. Even Canadian DOGS suck. lol. Nah, I loved him. But he WAS a Non-Barking piece of shit as a guard dog..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
None, but to take one over the border on either side you need an international health certificate

Currently have three cats under quarantine for Hawaii and their requirements, now that is some shit
Burger King has Spam Burgers in HI.
YAAY!

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always thought it would be fun to visit Amsterdam, see their redlight streets; the total lack of puritanical killjoys just blows my mind. Also the legality of that other stuff. :D

Andria

I am NO Puritan, and have NO idea about AMERSTERDAMS "district". But I do abhor prostitution. Only on the grounds that it is a human slave trade, and is largely a product of ugly and deadly addictions on BOTH sides. I landed in one by accident in Innsbruck Austria. It was mostly South American women. I got the Taco Especial...

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dafug, is it not Saturday Night?!

Just threw a build on a Twisted Messes that was gifted to me by a dear friend. Tri-braid single, 3mm @ .55Ω 6/5 wrap. HOO BOY!! Rocking the Cloud Cap, she's making thunderheads at 300F... This is up there with my Petri's for flavor and vapor...

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

It's legal in Ontario. Never seen any in winter.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am NO Puritan, and have NO idea about AMERSTERDAMS "district". But I do abhor prostitution. Only on the grounds that it is a human slave trade, and is largely a product of ugly and deadly addictions on BOTH sides. I landed in one by accident in Innsbruck Austria. It was mostly South American women. I got the Taco Especial...

I'm not sure it's quite that dire in Amsterdam; I agree that in most cases, it's a sad way for a woman to have to make a living, but y'know, women have been selling it forever; adopting a modern western viewpoint doesn't change that, will NEVER change that -- women have it, men want it; supply and demand in a very pure form. I think in many cases it's a far more honest exchange than a lot of marriages -- wasn't there some trope during the women's lib days that marriage was just legalized prostitution? I think in some cases, that's true, particularly if the male lacks respect for the female, and so many men do lack that.

I'm simply fascinated by a culture that is so open to the idea of sex being a commodity, without puritanical shame. I hate and despise every single thing about puritanism.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure it's quite that dire in Amsterdam; I agree that in most cases, it's a sad way for a woman to have to make a living, but y'know, women have been selling it forever; adopting a modern western viewpoint doesn't change that, will NEVER change that -- women have it, men want it; supply and demand in a very pure form. I think in many cases it's a far more honest exchange than a lot of marriages -- wasn't there some trope during the women's lib days that marriage was just legalized prostitution? I think in some cases, that's true, particularly if the male lacks respect for the female, and so many men do lack that.

I'm simply fascinated by a culture that is so open to the idea of sex being a commodity, without puritanical shame. I hate and despise every single thing about puritanism.

Andria

I think the gig in Austria was to get pregnant if I remember correctly, and then since the baby is a citizen, you got to extend your visa, maybe permanently. The little darling was thrilled that we were both "Americans". I was thrilled that she was on a noble pursuit.. ;) AND I was single. I thought it was just a bar!

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My perspective is much the same. I don't and won't make other people moral decisions for them. Victimless crimes, for the most part, should not be crimes. Personally, for me, it's just nasty. Plain old nasty. BUT, that's for me. I think strawberry ice cream is nasty, that's not a judgment of people who like strawberry ice cream.

The problem is that virtually no one grows up wanting to be a prostitute. I am sure at some time, in some place, there have been people who aspired to the profession, but it's probably an extraordinarily rare life aspiration. Prostitutes exist because they need money, usually more than can be gained from a different profession, for their own reasons. Most of the time, but not always, the reasons involve drug addiction and usually a lifetime of abuse. So, it's not that sex is a commodity, it's more that prostitutes (male or female) have an enabling avenue to continue pursuing a lifestyle of self-harm. Their clients, as well, can be playing the same game of potential self-harm Russian Roulette. And the families of both can suffer from the choices that either make. Then the industry itself has other players, the third parties who oversee the prostitutes' activities. Frequently this involves continuing abuse. So, it's a lot more complicated than a puritanical prohibition or moral judgment.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My perspective is much the same. I don't and won't make other people moral decisions for them. Victimless crimes, for the most part, should not be crimes. Personally, for me, it's just nasty. Plain old nasty. BUT, that's for me. I think strawberry ice cream is nasty, that's not a judgment of people who like strawberry ice cream.

The problem is that virtually no one grows up wanting to be a prostitute. I am sure at some time, in some place, there have been people who aspired to the profession, but it's probably an extraordinarily rare life aspiration. Prostitutes exist because they need money, usually more than can be gained from a different profession, for their own reasons. Most of the time, but not always, the reasons involve drug addiction and usually a lifetime of abuse. So, it's not that sex is a commodity, it's more that prostitutes (male or female) have an enabling avenue to continue pursuing a lifestyle of self-harm. Their clients, as well, can be playing the same game of potential self-harm Russian Roulette. And the families of both can suffer from the choices that either make. Then the industry itself has other players, the third parties who oversee the prostitutes' activities. Frequently this involves continuing abuse. So, it's a lot more complicated than a puritanical prohibition or moral judgment.

Couldn't express that better if I tried hard. Corruption in enforcement, AND abuse by those who do the enforcing, are just a couple more reasons why it decays society. At least decriminalizing it removes a lot of concerns about corrupt and violent cops, pimps, etc. which probably allows for an easy exit for those who want or need it.

Last edited:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Most of the corruption is more stigmatization. The pimp/panderer is seen as more of a business person. The pimp doesn't "do" anything, just takes care of the business. The solicitor/john, well, just wanted to get some, right? If the prostitutes weren't selling their bodies, the buyers would just go home, right? So often this equates to slaps on the wrists and/or fines for the former, and the latter, the prostitutes, can do jail time where the other two walk free because, after all, they were the ones in possession of, and selling, the illegal "goods". It's not necessarily corrupt, just a skewed societal perspective. I don't agree with or excuse it, but I understand why it is the way it was, as wrong as I believe it to be.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know about prostitution, never used one.

But I did order some flavorings from BCV.
No hitch, no Id stuff at all required.

Last edited:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't know about prostitution, never used one.

But I did order some flavorings from Bull City Vapor.
No hitch, no Id stuff at all required.
Yep, I've order from them too. Nothing required. Same as HV, where I just bought nic, VB, same. But, I do believe the storefront packages and/or authorization processes they use may already have that functionality built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors