ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh yeah, if you need it, I say keep it around for sure.

I would not have made it if I didn't a) have them in my possession b) gave myself permission to smoke all I wanted

HAD to have that security blanket
Yep, same here. I no longer have any in the house. But when I think about that, it still gives me the heebie jeebies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still feel strange when I light a fire. Makes me want to smoke. But, that's the only time really. Can't believe it's been a year.
I think having a cigarette around helped me a LOT. I didn't feel deprived. Made it MY choice to leave it sitting there..........all alone...........and not able to KILL me anymore!

That's exactly why I still have that last open pk with 12 in it, in the back of my freezer behind my nicotine. It's my choice not to smoke them, not forced on me by anyone or anything, including a lack of cigarettes in the house. There HAVE been a couple of occasions when I actually considered smoking one of them, but just the fact that I could CHOOSE... that gave me the strength to say nah, I don't need that anymore. Without that free choice, I'd have just gotten angry, and anger is a terrible place to be when you're fighting an addiction; it takes your good judgment and rips it to shreds and tosses it out the window.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With luck I will be back to zero a day again soon. I ended up smoking half a pack already today and the gf is pissed I bought some. Tuesday afternoon I have a docs appointment to see if I can get something for the nerves that will hopefully chill me out.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With luck I will be back to zero a day again soon. I ended up smoking half a pack already today and the gf is pissed I bought some. Tuesday afternoon I have a docs appointment to see if I can get something for the nerves that will hopefully chill me out.

WTA would be a better investment. Couple weeks back, I was so pissed off and depressed at the FDA, I was ready to slit my wrists. 2 drops WTA in my Achilles, and within an hour, I was back to more or less my usual self.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugees...:wave:

Bought two Modfather rta's and one extra postless deck. They shipped here in two days from Alabama.

Opened the box this evening and find three Modfathers and two extra postless decks.

Guess I'll call Mad Modder in the morning and offer to pay for the extra's, may as well keep them, I'm a lil short in the rta dept anyway. Not often a vendor sends more than you order. He prolly lost any profit in the first two sending a third atty with extra deck.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Bought two Modfather rta's and one extra postless deck. They shipped here in two days from Alabama.

Opened the box this evening and find three Modfathers and two extra postless decks.

Guess I'll call Mad Modder in the morning and offer to pay for the extra's, may as well keep them, I'm a lil short in the rta dept anyway. Not often a vendor sends more than you order. He prolly lost any profit in the first two sending a third atty with extra deck.

Good karma dude.

Guess there is no need to ask how you are doing, lol.

But how ya doing anyways?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WTA would be a better investment. Couple weeks back, I was so pissed off and depressed at the FDA, I was ready to slit my wrists. 2 drops WTA in my Achilles, and within an hour, I was back to more or less my usual self.

Andria
I have some older bottles of Nicoticket with WTA in the mix, but the damn juice is so sweet I can't vape it anymore....taste buds must have changed, juice tastes like cough medicine now it's so over flavored.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, we need a love button... Integrity is a lost art.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Watched a few interesting shows regarding Robin Williams this evening. In some regard they seemed to help make sense of disturbing news. In other regards they seemed to present more disturbing news, or at least thoughts.

Running low on juice too. Have some 'grunge' juice left for a backup but the regular Hawk Sauce is waning away. Guess I understand now, some using high quantities of juice daily.

Not the kind to use cell phones, wear jewelry or watches. Did wear a wedding band until the arthritis became too unbearable & finger swelled two sizes permanently. It is a custom band of silver and gold intertwined similar in style to a Turkish puzzle ring.

Would not trust anyone but the original artisan to resize it & rarely see them, or able to afford a resizing. This is "just the way it is" and only a statement of that. Figured it better to clarify and self edit.

Sorry life is rough for everyone. I'm told it gets better & have to think it does. Solace for me lies in loving my wife & critters. Know that sounds blindly simple.

It can be. Sometimes even that requires a gentle nudging along. Again, simply stating how it is, no illusions it is any different for anyone else.

Well, excuse me, far too many words already.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm fine....just waiting on you to move to Hawaii so the gang can come and visit......:giggle:

You aren't relatives, so that would be cool :giggle:

We're thinking about only telling a few of our trusted relations where we are going.

Yes, the truth comes out. I'm a terrible person :cool:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watched a few interesting shows regarding Robin Williams this evening. In some regard they seemed to help make sense of disturbing news. In other regards they seemed to present more disturbing news, or at least thoughts.

Running low on juice too. Have some 'grunge' juice left for a backup but the regular Hawk Sauce is waning away. Guess I understand now, some using high quantities of juice daily.

Not the kind to use cell phones, wear jewelry or watches. Did wear a wedding band until the arthritis became too unbearable & finger swelled two sizes permanently. It is a custom band of silver and gold intertwined similar in style to a Turkish puzzle ring.

Would not trust anyone but the original artisan to resize it & rarely see them, or able to afford a resizing. This is "just the way it is" and only a statement of that. Figured it better to clarify and self edit.

Sorry life is rough for everyone. I'm told it gets better & have to think it does. Solace for me lies in loving my wife & critters. Know that sounds blindly simple.

It can be. Sometimes even that requires a gentle nudging along. Again, simply stating how it is, no illusions it is any different for anyone else.

Well, excuse me, far too many words already.
Well Morely...if you lived in the Phoenix area I'd put you to work...doing something.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have some older bottles of Nicoticket with WTA in the mix, but the damn juice is so sweet I can't vape it anymore....taste buds must have changed, juice tastes like cough medicine now it's so over flavored.

Cut it with VG or something -- any amount of WTA will start helping. But i never knew that Nicoticket sold WTA; that must have been before my time or something. Only WTA vendors I know about are Aroma, WholeCig (now defunct), and MothersMilkWTA.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cut it with VG or something -- any amount of WTA will start helping. But i never knew that Nicoticket sold WTA; that must have been before my time or something. Only WTA vendors I know about are Aroma, WholeCig (now defunct), and MothersMilkWTA.

Andria
He puts WTA is some of the various flavors available....or they were available anyway...haven't bought any in over a year. He never had straight WTA, just mixed with juice.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He puts WTA is some of the various flavors available....or they were available anyway...haven't bought any in over a year. He never had straight WTA, just mixed with juice.

Ah! I never knew that. I always wanted to try Nicoticket, they sound so good, but all their juices are too high in VG for me.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
OMG, that should be part of the definition... I looked up Fremdschämen and there was a picture of a guy looking at grandfather cocks...

It's an excellent word - to be embarrassed or ashamed on behalf of another, lol.

Say what you will about the Germans, they have some excellent words to describe emotions that English speakers will never match

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's an excellent word - to be embarrassed or ashamed on behalf of another, lol.

Say what you will about the Germans, they have some excellent words to describe emotions that English speakers will never match, lol

Yeah, I love getting together with them for good laughs. Usually, it's a funeral.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

I might eventually try some WTA but honestly with the weight of all that's on my shoulders, I really need chemical help. Knowing the way my luck been running the doc probably wont give me anything to help.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I might eventually try some WTA but honestly with the weight of all that's on my shoulders, I really need chemical help. Knowing the way my luck been running the doc probably wont give me anything to help.

Well, got my fingers crossed for ya.

Heck, I should bottle up some of my WTA stash and send it to ya - it's an excellent chemical (alkaloids are chemicals, right?) pick-me-up.

But really, you've taken one big punch in the gut after another. It's only natural to start feeling down and need a little something to smooth out the edges. Sheesh

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you're feeling crushed, Doc, that's definitely the time to think about getting help, if you know for sure what helps. I hate taking "damnitols", but all 3 times I needed them, I let it get WAY too far ahead of me hoping to avoid them, and then needing them far longer than if I just woulda stopped giving a shit sooner.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, got my fingers crossed for ya.

Heck, I should bottle up some of my WTA stash and send it to ya - it's an excellent chemical (alkaloids are chemicals, right?) pick-me-up.

But really, you've taken one big punch in the gut after another. It's only natural to start feeling down and need a little something to smooth out the edges. Sheesh
If you're feeling crushed, Doc, that's definitely the time to think about getting help, if you know for sure what helps. I hate taking "damnitols", but all 3 times I needed them, I let it get WAY too far ahead of me hoping to avoid them, and then needing them far longer than if I just woulda stopped giving a shit sooner.

Usually I am very mild mannered and it takes a lot to get a reaction from me other than humor but lately it doesn't take me much to go into such a rage that I am shaking and then the chest goes to hurting. GF said I better go see a doc and try to get something so that is what I am gonna do.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Usually I am very mild mannered and it takes a lot to get a reaction from me other than humor but lately it doesn't take me much to go into such a rage that I am shaking and then the chest goes to hurting. GF said I better go see a doc and try to get something so that is what I am gonna do.

You can only take so much for crying out loud. I'm glad you are looking into it.

Had some really bad juju about ten years ago and had to do the same. Sometimes life just sucks you dry

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hilarious....
What is it when you START with a stupid idea, and then drink alcohol and get really passionate about said stupid idea?
It's not a disinterested question.

I've always understood it to mean an idea you get while intoxicated, but I guess it is used in the context of any "bad idea"

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can only take so much for crying out loud. I'm glad you are looking into it.
Had some really bad juju about ten years ago and had to do the same. Sometimes life just sucks you dry

That was the impetus for my walkabout. I noticed I was giving WAY too much of a shit about things I cannot change. Not an easy option for most, but it seems to have REALLY taken the edge off. I think I may quote you if I may..

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

GF been hinting at me selling my property and I know what she is up to, she wants to try to cement me into a permanent position with her and we are too much like oil and water for that. When she suggested that yesterday the first thing to cross my mind was to go get a 30ft sailboat and disappear from everything and everyone. I know I cant do that because my mom is relying on me to take care of her but the urge is on me to just walk away forever.................

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hilarious....
What is it when you START with a stupid idea, and then drink alcohol and get really passionate about said stupid idea?
It's not a disinterested question.

Not a German speaker here, but I do have a fascination with some of their shit, like lederhosen, Porches and excellent words

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 9.16.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 9.16.55 PM.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

WTA *is* chemical help! It gives you the same exact thing that's in those cigarettes, without the cancer, poison, or stink! MAOIs used to be commonly prescribed for depression and anxiety, before SSRIs became big pharma's top dog; they do a similar sort of thing in the brain, preventing the destruction of neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, etc) by monoamine oxidase. Which results in far less anxiety, depression, stress, and "lack of focus."

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Photo-Sep-08-6-58-55-PM-506x1024.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
GF been hinting at me selling my property and I know what she is up to, she wants to try to cement me into a permanent position with her and we are too much like oil and water for that. When she suggested that yesterday the first thing to cross my mind was to go get a 30ft sailboat and disappear from everything and everyone. I know I cant do that because my mom is relying on me to take care of her but the urge is on me to just walk away forever.................

Yeah, not a great time to make any rash decisions.

Get the help you need - even if it means counseling too.

You've been through a lot and were already facing a lot of life-changing decisions before the flood hit.

You have a lot to sort out and it's natural to be pissed about a lot of it, but you have to find a way to get it out without hurting yourself, or you won't be worth a hoot to anyone, even you.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nah, Doc. Walking away is for pussies. SAILING away, that shit is epic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors