Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Know you mentioned it earlier but LV is? Lightning Vapes?

If so, I checked their 250 foot bulk pack against Temco's cost. Temco has 250 foot for $11.00 with free shipping USPS. Lightning Vapes charges $20.00.

Ok, $11 for 250ft beats $11.05 for 200ft, though the shipping is also free on ebay. Does Temco accept paypal?

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And here I thought you were the kind of guy to most appreciate a quick squeeze and a squirt

No, but I knew a guy with a premature I am a spammer ban me problem, who would come out of nowhere..

Eh, who am I kidding... What'cha got?

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Temco is superlative wire.

Andria

Never had a problem with it. But they don't really cater to vapers, or didn't, and I think they're still pretty limited to Kanthal in our needs realm?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Know you mentioned it earlier but LV is? Lightning Vapes?

If so, I checked their 250 foot bulk pack against Temco's cost. Temco has 250 foot for $11.00 with free shipping USPS. Lightning Vapes charges $20.00.

I'm looking at Temco's page for Kanthal A1, and they're showing $12.50 for 250ft... so I think I'll go with the deal on ebay, $11.05 for 200ft (2 100ft spools, 15% off for buying 2).

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm still just recreational. Squonking.. the whole carrying around a bottle and tube... not even close to ready.

Well, I started on one of the super cheap Terminator kits. It had a now unused rda and a plastic toy grade mod for the battery & bottle. At that point I was unaware of using Oxgard or the like on the firing arm. It was in fact just some zinc coated aluminum washer that made contact with the battery as it got pushed down. It had wire in it from the positive to ground contact. Well, of course the positive contact eroded and got fouled.

It was enough though that I had squonked. :) Now, I use the Reo Grand styled clones. They are aluminum bricks, no wires. I coat the contacts every so often with Oxgard. Small effort to keep them maintained. Even the knock offs of the Reos convince me that a Reo, or a 1:1 clone is what works for my squonking. Prefer durable goods being durable unlike the cheap buy every year 19 inch Wally World special push mowers.

As to safety? Well, unregulated can be safe if you're safe. Takes a bit to learn & I'm still not 100% versed but I'm quickly getting there. Not going back to tobacco, no apologies. I'll squonk thank you.. Feels a lot better to vape in the truck with the wife, than it feels to smoke in the same situation. The worst I need to worry over is cracking my window to avoid clouding her view. *chuckles*

The pros for me:

Better flavor.
Clouds.
Less hassle/mess than regular dripping.

Cons:

Um, ...

Oh yeah, running out of juice and wire. *snicker*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never had a problem with it. But they don't really cater to vapers, or didn't, and I think they're still pretty limited to Kanthal in our needs realm?

Nah they have kanthal, nichrome, stainless, titanium, and nickel.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, $11 for 250ft beats $11.05 for 200ft, though the shipping is also free on ebay. Does Temco accept paypal?

Andria

Yes, it appears they do as well as what appears most other valid credit/debit cards. As a bonus they are BBB accredited. :) Figure all is good in dealing with them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It gets cheaper the more you buy... but, I've only ever used their stainless. To me, I'd rather pay for clean high quality wire than something potentially sketchy. Not saying temco is sketchy or anything

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You raise a good point, although I've been pleased using their round Kanthal wire. The wire is very clean but a person can torch out any particulate impurities from shipping or setting. I do that at times, other times I'm not too concerned. From my understanding if you're born after August 1945, you're guaranteed to be a carrier of Strontium 90 isotopes. Yep, we have glow in the dark potentiality, thank you atom bombings. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Temco is good, but I swear by Kidney Puncher

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Eh, suits you? All is good. :) I still enjoy that aspect of vaping, the ability to have choice. I might distill some juice from elderberries and use it to flavor a nicotine base juice. Nothing says I cannot do that, if I choose learning how and do it. I just might too.

Also thought of mixing up an herbal elixir. There's what is commonly called colt's foot that has the chemical used in making the cough syrup Robotusin. If you mix this with what is referred to as yarrow, which helps bring down fevers & helps purge toxins, you get a a nice cold/flu tonic. Now, consider dosing that tonic as you vape.

The chemicals go right to the lungs and are absorbed into the blood, or get absorbed via mucus membranes, tongue, skin. This would be direct medicine, applied directly. I'm sure others might be better versed at physiology, but trail and error can help gauge doses to affect relief for someone. This is the same as making up the herbal teas/infusions. Nothing greatly difficult, mildly time consuming though.

Been thinking of this for a spell now. Seems like a viable means to help medicate folks, possibly *gasp* even a market for doing that. Ah ha! If you hear tell I've vanished know it was Big Pharma what sent thugs erm police to black bag me, or maybe retired1. ;) :) Goodness knows I wouldn't talk about herbs much at all on ECF.

Need to look something up. I'm recalling birch bark can be boiled out for aspirin despite my wife suggesting it is willow bark. Yes, these are the weird thoughts what hold me in insomniac thrall. That I even think is at times a crime. *chuckles* If all else fails, we can meet up at the Chestnut Tree Cafe. Ah, wait for it, the daily two minutes of hate is coming along, ...

ETA: Yes, as I thought it is birch. Birch has salicylate which is also found in aspirin. Birch bark is also good for various maladies, high in vitamins A,C to name a few, it is high in starch too. Native Americans considered birch bark famine food.

Last edited:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You raise a good point, although I've been pleased using their round Kanthal wire. The wire is very clean but a person can torch out any particulate impurities from shipping or setting. I do that at times, other times I'm not too concerned. From my understanding if you're born after August 1945, you're guaranteed to be a carrier of Strontium 90 isotopes. Yep, we have glow in the dark potentiality, thank you atom bombings. :)
You can torch out surface problems, but I'd rather spend the extra couple bucks to not have machine oil on the wire, or have wire that was milled on machines that also mill lead, or some shit, haha

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can torch out surface problems, but I'd rather spend the extra couple bucks to not have machine oil on the wire, or have wire that was milled on machines that also mill lead, or some shit, haha

Yep, you nailed it right there.

But don't tell that to the wire is wire crowd ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*nodding and chuckling* Ayup, know what you mean. "Oh, I'm vaping to reduce risks. Never mind the inhaling oil or lead from the coils, it's all safer and less risk. Ha ha yuck yuck."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, you nailed it right there.

But don't tell that to the wire is wire crowd ;)

Hey now! We all know the Earth, she be a flat, right? :) Also, please be a lert. If you're a lert you might avoid the accidental anal sex with dolphins.

Think my mind is unwinding. Do I need one to unwind? Well, figure I better rack. I'll start making cents from scents in the past sense, since it's there.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am using Stu's wire almost exclusively for awhile now and I will say it is some clean shit and a many times easier to work with than kanthal

Well worth the extra couple of dollars to be able to just wrap, pulse and vape

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Little oil on wire? Glow all mine well.
I did not start vaping for health asons anyway. Did it to save money.
Delaying my death is a negative for me.

I started strictly to save money too. I'd made peace with the fact that smoking would probably knock me off many years ago because I refused to deal with the unpleasant side effects of quitting tobacco.

But once I really got into vaping - and had to learn to build because I knew the deeming regs were out there - it's something I'm willing to part with my hard-earned green so it can be enjoyed at a higher level.

Torching is one of the things I used to hate about building and would put if off as long as possible.

Now I enjoy building just by eliminating that one thing I disliked doing.

Plus, now I'm saving on lighters and saving this planet you so disdain by completely eliminating all butane emissions:giggle:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it's just me...

Giving love to the Crown. Just so simple, and I learned a trick you all prolly know. I like to pour right from the 30 or 60 bottle right into the tank slots. But then I gotta clear the dropper (you're going to drip), and pour carefully to not get the atty hole. Whoa. KINDA clear the dropper, and drop it in the atty hole. Plugs it. Pour right onto dropper glass, and it goes to all the slots. Zip. Done. Why don't you guys TELL me this stuff?
Excellent tip! Why didn't I even think of that? I bet this will work well with a couple of my tanks, even if they aren't Crowns.

Last edited:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
One of those big head cones. Lol. Glad the surgery went well.

Nah, she can still get the face up against something like the edge of the couch. Vet said it wasn't the worst thing, just try to keep her from doing it as best as possible. I'll just rely on logic and reason to make her understand.

And food. That's it, train her with food. Bacon! That's the solution!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah, she can still get the face up against something like the edge of the couch. Vet said it wasn't the worst thing, just try to keep her from doing it as best as possible. I'll just rely on logic and reason to make her understand.

And food. That's it, train her with food. Bacon! That's the solution!
Bacon is the solution for a lot of issues. lol!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am using Stu's wire almost exclusively for awhile now and I will say it is some clean shit and a many times easier to work with than kanthal

Well worth the extra couple of dollars to be able to just wrap, pulse and vape

Groovy. Stu has clean shit. :) I might have buy some of Stu's shit, it's the stainless steel shit and not Kanthal shit? Sure, I know shit is shit but once in a while I like variety in my shit. That kind of shit can often land me in the shit though, especially around the holier than thou shits what think their shit don't stink. Ah well, piss. All this talk of shit reminds me I need to take a dog out for a shit.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I feel like I played a game of hide and seek to track you all down.;)

Pup had her eye surgery yesterday, and I'm picking her up later this morning. Now, how do you keep a dog from rubbing their eye?
Dammit! We didn't hide well enough.:p
Welcome to the playground Eskie, no schoolyard bullies (at least none that look liked creepy eyed dogs) running around here.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good afternoon and GFY Old Fugees and New Fugees alike.
I FINALLY have gathered the adulting tasks I can do with a motorcycle. Off to the DMV and vape supplies pickup. Probably going to be a few wrong turns along the way..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eh, suits you? All is good. :) I still enjoy that aspect of vaping, the ability to have choice. I might distill some juice from elderberries and use it to flavor a nicotine base juice. Nothing says I cannot do that, if I choose learning how and do it. I just might too.

Also thought of mixing up an herbal elixir. There's what is commonly called colt's foot that has the chemical used in making the cough syrup Robotusin. If you mix this with what is referred to as yarrow, which helps bring down fevers & helps purge toxins, you get a a nice cold/flu tonic. Now, consider dosing that tonic as you vape.

The chemicals go right to the lungs and are absorbed into the blood, or get absorbed via mucus membranes, tongue, skin. This would be direct medicine, applied directly. I'm sure others might be better versed at physiology, but trail and error can help gauge doses to affect relief for someone. This is the same as making up the herbal teas/infusions. Nothing greatly difficult, mildly time consuming though.

Been thinking of this for a spell now. Seems like a viable means to help medicate folks, possibly *gasp* even a market for doing that. Ah ha! If you hear tell I've vanished know it was Big Pharma what sent thugs erm police to black bag me, or maybe retired1. ;) :) Goodness knows I wouldn't talk about herbs much at all on ECF.

Need to look something up. I'm recalling birch bark can be boiled out for aspirin despite my wife suggesting it is willow bark. Yes, these are the weird thoughts what hold me in insomniac thrall. That I even think is at times a crime. *chuckles* If all else fails, we can meet up at the Chestnut Tree Cafe. Ah, wait for it, the daily two minutes of hate is coming along, ...

ETA: Yes, as I thought it is birch. Birch has salicylate which is also found in aspirin. Birch bark is also good for various maladies, high in vitamins A,C to name a few, it is high in starch too. Native Americans considered birch bark famine food.

It's both actually, birch AND willow -- I guess it depends on where you live, which is more common -- down here in the south, there ain't a lot of birch trees (like, none, unless some enterprising yankee imported them and babied them to survive the summers), but there's willows EVERYWHERE. Everywhere there's water, anyway.

I've thought some along these lines too, but the only thing that keeps popping up going "yeah but" is that hot coil; some substances, and I'm thinking herbal essences, might not take kindly to all that heat. Not sure, to be honest. I know excessive heat would definitely render most vitamins inert, but I don't really know, for herbal decoctions. I'm also concerned about that direct application to the lungs that you mention; for some things, maybe slippery elm? that might be a great thing... other things, that are meant to act systemically, it might actually be toxic. One cold remedy I've heard of, and it does seem to work pretty well, is boiling rosemary in water, and hanging your head over it to snort up all those fumes... so rosemary might be a prime candidate, and maybe thyme; both of them are excellent anti-virals and anti-bacterials.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's both actually, birch AND willow -- I guess it depends on where you live, which is more common -- down here in the south, there ain't a lot of birch trees (like, none, unless some enterprising yankee imported them and babied them to survive the summers), but there's willows EVERYWHERE. Everywhere there's water, anyway.

I've thought some along these lines too, but the only thing that keeps popping up going "yeah but" is that hot coil; some substances, and I'm thinking herbal essences, might not take kindly to all that heat. Not sure, to be honest. I know excessive heat would definitely render most vitamins inert, but I don't really know, for herbal decoctions. I'm also concerned about that direct application to the lungs that you mention; for some things, maybe slippery elm? that might be a great thing... other things, that are meant to act systemically, it might actually be toxic. One cold remedy I've heard of, and it does seem to work pretty well, is boiling rosemary in water, and hanging your head over it to snort up all those fumes... so rosemary might be a prime candidate, and maybe thyme; both of them are excellent anti-virals and anti-bacterials.

Andria
Up before noon again? Who are you and where is Andria? lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ditto, likewise. My husband has to outlive me.... When I get those weird little chest pains, I just smile; maybe I'll get my dearest wish, and make a sudden hasty exit, rather than the wasting away by inches that cancer or diabetes provides.

Death doesn't frighten me at all; it's whatever I might have to go thru to get to it.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ditto, likewise. My husband has to outlive me.... When I get those weird little chest pains, I just smile; maybe I'll get my dearest wish, and make a sudden hasty exit, rather than the wasting away by inches that cancer or diabetes provides.

Death doesn't frighten me at all; it's whatever I might have to go thru to get to it.

Andria
Gosh you guys!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Gosh you guys!

You sound like my mother. Denying the inevitability of death is not going to keep it from happening. Best to figure out how one wants to deal with it. I'd rather be dead and gone than have to lay in a bed, GOD FORBID, in some fucking hospital for days, weeks, or months. Not only are hospitals literal HELL, they're expensive as shit, and I'd rather leave as few debts on my husband as I can get away with. Fast heart attack for me, please.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You sound like my mother. Denying the inevitability of death is not going to keep it from happening. Best to figure out how one wants to deal with it. I'd rather be dead and gone than have to lay in a bed, GOD FORBID, in some fucking hospital for days, weeks, or months. Not only are hospitals literal HELL, they're expensive as shit, and I'd rather leave as few debts on my husband as I can get away with. Fast heart attack for me, please.

Andria
I'm not denying the inevitability of it, but I'm still having fun. I'd rather kick the bucket like my Uncle Joseph. Go Cajun dancing one night, and just not wake up after. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not denying the inevitability of it, but I'm still having fun. I'd rather kick the bucket like my Uncle Joseph. Go Cajun dancing one night, and just not wake up after. :D

Well same here! I figure I've got maybe 25-30 yrs to go, since I'm 55 now. But I've got that possible/probable 25-30 thx only to vaping! :bliss:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cajun Dancing?
Isn't there a study out there that says it kills more people than smoking?
Depends who you dance with and how fast. hehehehe
Well same here! I figure I've got maybe 25-30 yrs to go, since I'm 55 now. But I've got that possible/probable 25-30 thx only to vaping! :bliss:

Andria
Same here. Even if I died tomorrow, my friends and family could say I lived a very FULL and enjoyable life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors