Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I mentioned that one of the improvements we've made in The Room is that my husband re-oriented the closet door, so it opened properly into the room, instead of toward the wall. That means that what used to be the inside botton of the door is now the top outside, and apparently had been kicked repeatedly, or water-damaged, or something; my husband got it sanded yesterday. I felt a bit better today, so tomorrow if I'm still feeling ok, I'm going to paint it.

Also, the drapes were ordered Friday evening, and I'll be damned if they didn't actually show up TODAY! By a USPS Truck! I was absolutely discombobulated with shock and surprise. I guess when amazon Prime says free two-day shipping, they really fucking mean it!! :giggle: Holding the burgundy drapes against the burgundy in the comforter, it's a perfect match. :) :) :)

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I mentioned that one of the improvements we've made in The Room is that my husband re-oriented the closet door, so it opened properly into the room, instead of toward the wall. That means that what used to be the inside botton of the door is now the top outside, and apparently had been kicked repeatedly, or water-damaged, or something; my husband got it sanded yesterday. I felt a bit better today, so tomorrow if I'm still feeling ok, I'm going to paint it.

Also, the drapes were ordered Friday evening, and I'll be damned if they didn't actually show up TODAY! By a USPS Truck! I was absolutely discombobulated with shock and surprise. I guess when amazon Prime says free two-day shipping, they really fucking mean it!! :giggle: Holding the burgundy drapes against the burgundy in the comforter, it's a perfect match. :) :) :)

Andria
I like Burgundy. Easy color to match others things with.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like Burgundy. Easy color to match others things with.

Yes, and it's a very versatile color, too -- it's strong, but it can go with a more masculine design scheme, like the contemporary "color block" style I'm using for my son's room -- or it can go with the rose pink of my drapes, and the floral bedspread I bought that has burgundy in it -- eventually I'll buy a burgundy bedskirt for my room, to match my big fluffy burgundy comforter, but all this other crap has gotten priority; my mom's death has meant a slight readjustment as we don't have her BP card anymore, so have to budget for gas -- good thing we live so close to everything!

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
14 hours today. Double time. My guys are GOOD. Well, really, we just got lucky and they opened a REALLY hard one for our Sunday work. Nobody will complain until the invoice comes in..

We were getting spoiled by a few 3 hour ones. I think tomorrows vessel is going to be tough too. i#8 of 8, always is. So I MIGHT make it to Iowa for the night tomorrow, but... maybe not. STILL looking at Turkey dinner with the fam. Yay. If they decide they want some of the other usual suspects, I might have to offer to mob back for free. Thats a spendy two days for the round trip.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the jobs coming along, Moo.....you heading home before bird-day?

Very well, thanks, Dale! I think I will be in Iowa late tomorrow, or early Tuesday to store the equipment, batten down the hatches from Iowa Winters, Late Tuesday or early Wednesday is still looking practical.

Kinda sucks that I am going to miss Daniela Andrade's Chicago performance, on Tuesday. I might be passing by, but the plan was to go with or meet the Mrs., and it doesn't look like it is coming together. I might just hop out of the truck with my bags, find a room, and enjoy the show before boarding a train back to home on Wednesday.. It's a nice train.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the reviewers seem to think the latest is the greatest.

What? They're not? We are not studying why one is great and one is not, and implimenting those physics into a model for perfection? I thought that was the plan...

No worries, Bob. Give it time, everyone will be tugging on a wanko.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lynn, I can't think of ANYone who has worked so many seven day weeks.....NObody.....:(

I was laughing at a Family Guy epside last night. Someone mentioned to Peter that he should try to get a job. He called them a "Get rich quick scheme" lol... a lot quicker than sittin on yer ASS, Peter.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lynn, I can't think of ANYone who has worked so many seven day weeks.....NObody.....:(
I can. There is 1 particular line there that has worked 7 day weeks for almost 2 years now. But the advantage they have over me is they are permanent employees with vacation time and personal days. I don't have that luxury yet. Temps there have 10 hours quarterly. I used those when my son had his surgery back in July. I've taken 2 days off since then..my birthday and last Sunday. I had to get coverage to prevent getting a point for each of those days.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can. There is 1 particular line there that has worked 7 day weeks for almost 2 years now. But the advantage they have over me is they are permanent employees with vacation time and personal days. I don't have that luxury yet. Temps there have 10 hours quarterly. I used those when my son had his surgery back in July. I've taken 2 days off since then..my birthday and last Sunday. I had to get coverage to prevent getting a point for each of those days.
Word for the evening: Incredible.

VU Sponsors