ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm better then 99% of other folks in the dept I was in today at the hospital, all of them had or where getting a colonoscopy and I was just in for an endoscopy..... Made sure the doctor wasn't putting the back door camera down my throat, but for meow I just wait for the biopsy results. Apparently my life long battle with heartburn/acid reflux has taken its toll on my esophagus.

My Mr. has Barrett's Esophagus from Acid Reflux.

I sat in on one of his endoscopies. He started cutting the cheese A LOT and I'm standing there trying not to laugh while the DR and tech stand there taking notes, acting serious while the camera is down his throat

And I'm just shaking, holding my breath trying not to laugh.

When they brought him back up he complained that he never fully went under and claimed to remember the whole thing.

I'm like, no dude, you were definitely under :teehee:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Mr. has Barrett's Esophagus from Acid Reflux.

I sat in on one of his endoscopies. He started cutting the cheese A LOT and I'm standing there trying not to laugh while the DR and tech stand there taking notes, acting serious while the camera is down his throat

And I'm just shaking, holding my breath trying not to laugh.

When they brought him back up he complained that he never fully went under and claimed to remember the whole thing.

I'm like, no dude, you were definitely under :teehee:

This is the second time they did it to me in the past 2wks, first time last thing I remembered was the nurse saying "you're going to feel sleepy in a second" and bam I was out for the whole thing. This time around I was half in the bag, I remember the whole thing. I couldn't stop burping and I was trying to apologize with the camera in my throat lol, at one point the nurse asked the doctor asked is he was ready, he looked at me and said he's still awake so no.

They said my esophagus isn't inflamed anymore but had some masses they had to take a biopsy off, once the results are back we'll go from there and talk about what needs to be done. They didn't allow my wife in the procedure room which bummed her out since she wanted to see it.

Kinda wish they would of, especially since after insurance for these 2 I've paid them $3000+ in the last 2wks.

My vape budget took a HUGE hit..... Now I'm looking for deals or waiting until Friday to order anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is the second time they did it to me in the past 2wks, first time last thing I remembered was the nurse saying "you're going to feel sleepy in a second" and bam I was out for the whole thing. This time around I was half in the bag, I remember the whole thing. I couldn't stop burping and I was trying to apologize with the camera in my throat lol, at one point the nurse asked the doctor asked is he was ready, he looked at me and said he's still awake so no.

They said my esophagus isn't inflamed anymore but had some masses they had to take a biopsy off, once the results are back we'll go from there and talk about what needs to be done. They didn't allow my wife in the procedure room which bummed her out since she wanted to see it.

Kinda wish they would of, especially since after insurance for these 2 I've paid them $3000+ in the last 2wks.

My vape budget took a HUGE hit..... Now I'm looking for deals or waiting until Friday to order anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya

Black Friday should be awesome this year

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last year's Black Friday, I bought some bitchin black boots that were on sale at Kohl's; $80 boots I got for $35. :) :) :)

This year, ain't buying nothing. Bah humbug.

Andria

(we did go buy a $24 curtain rod tonight and $7 mounting hardware, making the rod and hardware cost more than the $30.99 drapes!)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Indeed hard to beat :)

You were really going for the 200DNAs for awhile there :rolleyes:
I just like um for the battery life, seldom do I vape at high wattage. I learned long ago the best flavor comes from a higher ohm coil at low watts. Then the 200 watt mods last for days. The more air needed to cool coils, the less flavor.

Now when I have a few radical attys on mods, I over-do it, but only once in a blue-moon......;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Last year's Black Friday, I bought some bitchin black boots that were on sale at Kohl's; $80 boots I got for $35. :) :) :)

This year, ain't buying nothing. Bah humbug.

Andria

(we did go buy a $24 curtain rod tonight and $7 mounting hardware, making the rod and hardware cost more than the $30.99 drapes!)

Don't Bah Humbug yourself though o_O

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't Bah Humbug yourself though o_O

I'm just sad. Holidays are cancelled till next year; our son will be back then, and the grief won't be so fresh. I can't turn on the fucking TV without seeing a damn bunch of family shit, and I just wanna throw something at the TV... but I like that 48" smart TV too much, so somehow I restrain myself.

Also, next year will be our 30th wedding anniversary, and our 25th sobriety anniversary. Much to celebrate next year; nothing at all this year.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just sad. Holidays are cancelled till next year; our son will be back then, and the grief won't be so fresh. I can't turn on the fucking TV without seeing a damn bunch of family shit, and I just wanna throw something at the TV... but I like that 48" smart TV too much, so somehow I restrain myself.

Also, next year will be our 30th wedding anniversary, and our 25th sobriety anniversary. Much to celebrate next year; nothing at all this year.

Andria
YOUR alive, which I-we consider a blessing.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to go outside to see my kids for Christmas : stupid BIL ruined it.:cry:

Guess I could just get my ticket and tell the boys have a Merry Christmas but not sure I want to pick that kind of a fight right now :bomb:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Andria, I was thinking the same way as you 7 years ago. My mother passed away 7 years ago on the 21st, 5 days from thanksgiving. We had planned out thanksgiving with her the week before she died. Like who would bring what etc.. We decided to have thanksgiving at her house as planned and that night placed her picture and a white pillar candle where she normally would have sat at the table. That year, I wanted to skip Christmas, and as a matter of fact, didn't even put up a tree. I felt bad later because I robbed my kids of Christmas. I know how you feel. Been there, done that.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Andria, I was thinking the same way as you 7 years ago. My mother passed away 7 years ago on the 21st, 5 days from thanksgiving. We had planned out thanksgiving with her the week before she died. Like who would bring what etc.. We decided to have thanksgiving at her house as planned and that night placed her picture and a white pillar candle where she normally would have sat at the table. That year, I wanted to skip Christmas, and as a matter of fact, didn't even put up a tree. I felt bad later because I robbed my kids of Christmas. I know how you feel. Been there, done that.
It's REALLY tough to lose a mother, I think about it frequently. My mother is going to be 80 in May, we have a huge party planned.

I really dislike thinking the time will certainly come one day, and I too will be devastated.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's REALLY tough to lose a mother, I think about it frequently. My mother is going to be 80 in May, we have a huge party planned.

I really dislike thinking the time will certainly come one day, and I too will be devastated.

Life is odd.
If a Mom is lucky, it is quick, painless, sudden. And of course, those who loved her ARE devastated. The shock, no time to say goodbye...

Then on the other hand, a Mom could be UNlucky. Suffer for a decade, slowly wasting away body and mind. And at the end, there is much less grief, in fact, a kind of gratitude that her ordeal is finally over. So I don't really know the intense grief so many feel. It was more of a very long, slow roasting grief. I think if I had a choice...

Ultimately, no one gets out alive.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
On a lighter note: check out the excellent variety of quality goods at low prices you get when you search for "Baby Goon" on FT

This is just a small snapshot - there is more...FT baby goon.jpg

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

And contrary to popular belief, it doesn't get any easier even when you know it's coming. We knew in August that my mom's end was near we just didn't know exactly when. I was sad yesterday but then I thought about all the things she gave me..my strength, my resilience, my ability to do things even when I think I can't.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have a great Tuesday fugees....Thursday is almost here.....time to hit the hay, to end the madness this week.
On a lighter note: check out the excellent variety of quality goods at low prices you get when you search for "Baby Goon" on FT

This is just a small snapshot - there is more...View attachment 67276
Spanky will be blowing his allowance....:giggle:...:devil:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Have a great Tuesday fugees....Thursday is almost here.....time to hit the hay, to end the madness this week.

Hmmm, which one would be more useful to @Hank F. Spankman ?

The "removable toilet pee trainer" or the "male delaying I am a spammer ban me cock ring"?

I think the butt plugs are out of his price range :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Life is odd.
If a Mom is lucky, it is quick, painless, sudden. And of course, those who loved her ARE devastated. The shock, no time to say goodbye...

Then on the other hand, a Mom could be UNlucky. Suffer for a decade, slowly wasting away body and mind. And at the end, there is much less grief, in fact, a kind of gratitude that her ordeal is finally over. So I don't really know the intense grief so many feel. It was more of a very long, slow roasting grief. I think if I had a choice...

Ultimately, no one gets out alive.

It was that way with my grandmother. Shortly after we lost Pop (my grandfather) in 1985, my grandmother retreated from reality into 14 yrs of gradually increasing senile dementia. She died at 95, unaware of really anything about who she was, or who the people around her were. This is one of the reasons why I'll never stop using nicotine, at a low level, if it can help protect me from that (the other reason is my other grandmother, with Alzheimers!). And my mother had been increasingly ill and gradually more unresponsive (and irresponsible) to her diabetic situation, but it was still rather unexpected -- she was in and out of the hospital for the last 6-7 yrs, and it was like the boy who cried wolf -- this time, there really was a wolf.

I'm still hoping for a massive heart attack, none of that hospital shit for ME, thankyouverydamnmuch!

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hmmm, which one would be more useful to @Hank F. Spankman ?

The "removable toilet pee trainer" or the "male delaying I am a spammer ban me cock ring"?

I think the butt plugs are out of his price range :teehee:

None of em. lol
And as far as this "allowance thing" goes, I'm gonna be a good lil boy until January. Except for the Goon LP. I gotta get one of them!

GM GFY

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

This is just a small snapshot - there is more...View attachment 67276

Oh wow, was not aware Fast Tech had anal bead type of toys. Might have to look around a bit more. Sure would beat the accidental on porpoise anal sex from brother Flipper. I mean yes, I like big ones but three foot dongs, come on! ;) :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin fugees GFY
I'm starting the day off right. I've already pissed someone off. :( Guess I'm doing something right!

Well for pissing someone off you get to ... go fuck yourself. :) While I'm at it all the rest of you rapscallion hoodlums can go fuck yourselves too. Love, hugs and smiles all around for everyone.

Sorry I've been out of touch a bit. Got busy working through some bad sciatic / hernia pain. I write that meaning I literally kept on working at what I got busy doing, despite every nerve in my body seeming to be ablaze from the central command that apparently the human tail bone area is. I was occupied with firewood, ricking, loading, moving, keeping the wood stove hopping.

Well, I need more :coffee:. :inlove: y'all, :hug::wave:. Run 'er slow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering where you were off to MorelyMagicMist! hi and GFY!

That hot juice burn, day2.
View attachment 67293

You got silver sulfate, boss? That stuff does wonders for any kind of burn. I had gotten some industrial strength bleach splashed up on my leg, third degree chemical burn. Silver sulfate took the heat and sting of it right out. Industrial / food grade cleaning bleach is diluted so that it is like 15 to 20% sodium hydroxide compared to household bleach which is only 8-10%.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ooops, almost lost my nut on that last squonk. ;) :) Damn this going and fucking myself just gets me all kinds of confused in a way. I have trouble recalling if I'm coming or going. Awe well, I'll just be a happily confused Joe that sets around going :) all the time.

Note to self: Remember to get more buttery rubbers.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was working on The Room with the ol man, and trying to keep my sadness a) under control and b) to myself.

smlr-IMG_0992.jpg
smlr-IMG_0993.jpg

You see the CD case had to be moved to the other side, or it conflicted with the closet door. The main reason I included this set, from this angle, is so you can see that closet door -- it looks amazing, considering how godawful it looked when it was first turned around and re-hung!

But here's the usual angle, from the door:
smlr-IMG_0994-pan.jpg

We haven't done anything to the bed yet, since the cat loves to lay on it -- no need to get the new comforter covered with cat hair! :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors