Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I mentioned that one of the improvements we've made in The Room is that my husband re-oriented the closet door, so it opened properly into the room, instead of toward the wall. That means that what used to be the inside botton of the door is now the top outside, and apparently had been kicked repeatedly, or water-damaged, or something; my husband got it sanded yesterday. I felt a bit better today, so tomorrow if I'm still feeling ok, I'm going to paint it.

Also, the drapes were ordered Friday evening, and I'll be damned if they didn't actually show up TODAY! By a USPS Truck! I was absolutely discombobulated with shock and surprise. I guess when amazon Prime says free two-day shipping, they really fucking mean it!! :giggle: Holding the burgundy drapes against the burgundy in the comforter, it's a perfect match. :) :) :)

Andria

Did a bit of painting myself today. I want to replace my bathroom light fixture with a small ceiling fan with a light. Well no sense putting up a new ceiling fan on a nasty looking ceiling and 15 years of smoking here mixed with shower steam had the ceiling looking bad, even after scrubbing it. So today started painting the trim up there and got most of it rolled out with first coat. Hope tomorrow night I will have it finished and be able to put the new ceiling fan up there. It gets a bit warm in there during the summer months so the fan should be a big help with that.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, like a GLASS of Burgundy. I'm not talking about the Hearty CALIFORNIA one.. Oooohm I love me some Burgundy... especially when someone else is opening theirs.. :)

I used to be VERY fond of a good pinot noir.. or even a mediocre one, it was that 14% alcohol I really cared about. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did a bit of painting myself today. I want to replace my bathroom light fixture with a small ceiling fan with a light. Well no sense putting up a new ceiling fan on a nasty looking ceiling and 15 years of smoking here mixed with shower steam had the ceiling looking bad, even after scrubbing it. So today started painting the trim up there and got most of it rolled out with first coat. Hope tomorrow night I will have it finished and be able to put the new ceiling fan up there. It gets a bit warm in there during the summer months so the fan should be a big help with that.

I can't even imagine trying to paint a ceiling -- I somehow got splatters of paint on my back just from reaching up to paint at the top of the wall! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol.. yeah, the Cali and Oregon ones can get UP there. Now Zinfandel (not the "white"), I've seen some of those come in around 18%! Those will mess ya UP!

I wasn't too wild for zinfandel; there was one called "white grenache" (which was actually pink) that I quite liked; it wasn't as sweet as rose, but definitely not tart like chablis.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't even imagine trying to paint a ceiling -- I somehow got splatters of paint on my back just from reaching up to paint at the top of the wall! :giggle:

Andria

I used muscles I forgot I had painting the ceiling :teehee: Woke up a few time with my neck and shoulders in agony. This morning after I got up and limbered up some went ahead and second coated the ceiling.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used muscles I forgot I had painting the ceiling :teehee: Woke up a few time with my neck and shoulders in agony. This morning after I got up and limbered up some went ahead and second coated the ceiling.

I'm painting the closet door today, and touching up the spots where the hinges were, before the door was re-hung. And while I have the white paint handy, there's a spot on the ceiling I need to touch up, but I definitely wouldn't even try painting a whole ceiling. My name is not Michelangelo, and I don't have any scaffolding, just a rolling library stool. :giggle:

But, I just brought in the can of white paint, so I thought I'd let it warm up to room temp for a while, it got cold in the garage last night! Also warming up the house a tad, so I can put on my (short-sleeved) painting shirt. Don't want white paint on my favorite black sweater! :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm painting the closet door today, and touching up the spots where the hinges were, before the door was re-hung. And while I have the white paint handy, there's a spot on the ceiling I need to touch up, but I definitely wouldn't even try painting a whole ceiling. My name is not Michelangelo, and I don't have any scaffolding, just a rolling library stool. :giggle:

But, I just brought in the can of white paint, so I thought I'd let it warm up to room temp for a while, it got cold in the garage last night! Also warming up the house a tad, so I can put on my (short-sleeved) painting shirt. Don't want white paint on my favorite black sweater! :D

Andria

My name is not Michelangelo,

Hahaha - and go GFY

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

I took the handle off the broom, screwed it onto the roller and started rolling. Only real hard part is taking a step ladder around the room and cutting it into the walls so ceiling paint isnt all over the wall.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria going to touch up her ceiling? I hope it is not old paint. Won't match if it is.

Apparently my husband already did it, I just learned. The paint isn't identical, but the spots to touch up were quite small, so who cares. The paint isn't identical to what's already on the doors and woodwork either, but eh, close enough. Apparently what's already there is more like semi-gloss than gloss, but hell, it looked glossy to me, so we bought gloss. *shrug* Close enough. The biggest problem is that apparently they used a color more like "eggshell" and we bought "white", so ours is a little brighter -- which is why I'm painting the entire outside of the door rather than just touching up the top that was sanded. I probably won't go to that extent when we touch up the dings on the bedroom door's woodwork; it won't be an exact match, but it'll look better than the color of the wood showing thru the dings as it is currently.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh. good.
Ceiling white is a specific color.
Must be a few hundred shades of white out there.

Yeah I discovered that when I was touching up dings on the windows' woodwork. I just touched up places where the wood was showing thru, on the pane dividers ("muntins"? I think they're called?), but on the broader stretches, I just went ahead and painted over those, so it would be more matching. They ended up looking pretty good, and the blinds are back up now anyway, so they won't be seen most of the time anyway -- and in front of the windows, there will be a) drapes, and b) a huge entertainment center with an old-style tube 27" TV, so again, they won't really be seen. But they do look better than before, with bits of wood showing thru the paint.

I'm done with the closet door, but waiting for it to dry enough for a 2nd coat at the top where it was sanded. I wanna get thru with paint on that side of the room before we hang the drapes. Which are here! The mate is gone up to my stepdad's house, helping him with a few manual labor tasks that my stepdad is no longer capable of doing on his own, with his various disabilities from his strokes. But at least now, with my mom gone, the closet door can be put back on since she doesn't have to get thru in a wheelchair, and the tall assembly on the toilet can be removed.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh. good.
One of my previous jobs was to take various materials such as white and look at it under a black light to determine the undertones. A white could have a blue, yellow or pink undertone. Then I would order the rolls to be sent to cutting for 2 sided comforters.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh. good.
I bought a gallon of country white which is more of a creamy color but when I tried it on my kitchin wall, it was way too white, so I am using that gallon on the bathroom ceiling. It looks good enough where I might repaint all the ceilings in that color.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought a gallon of country white which is more of a creamy color but when I tried it on my kitchin wall, it was way too white, so I am using that gallon on the bathroom ceiling. It looks good enough where I might repaint all the ceilings in that color.

Actually I do envy you; I would love to have our ceilings completely redone, WITHOUT the tacky plaster/styrofoam shit on them. apparently whoever renovated this house left all that, but the ceiling in my bathroom has been redone, and it's smooth; I really prefer that, but it would be a major undertaking to get rid of ALL that tacky plaster/styrofoam shit.

In point of fact, I'm severely allergic to gypsum, which is what plaster is made from, so I would love to have linen-fold wood paneling on the ceilings, but that would be not only a major undertaking, but a very expensive one.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy Mackerel, I just burned the SHIT outta my finger. Turned my Tugboat sideways, and hot juice streamed out the air holes and across my finger. Felt like a wasp sting! Left a serious blister. OW! fuckah... that was a first.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy Mackerel, I just burned the SHIT outta my finger. Turned my Tugboat sideways, and hot juice streamed out the air holes and across my finger. Felt like a wasp sting! Left a serious blister. OW! fuckah... that was a first.

I gots a new toy!
dd860b59af74eeebcfc94159525f89e7.jpg

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gots a new toy!
dd860b59af74eeebcfc94159525f89e7.jpg

Hanks got a squonk box he holds in his hand
And when Momma comes home his hide will be tanned
Cause he's Squonkin all night
and the Vapors Alright
Hanks got a squonk box
Momma sleeps alone tonight!

Squeeeeeze me! come on, and SQUEEEEEZE ME...

It's the only thing in the house that's going to go in and out and in and out and in and out...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Naah 40 watts is my high end vape.
Usually 18-25.

I have 1 dual battery mod. A beast of a Disguiser with a squonk kit.
And I won it otherwise I would not have it.
Had to buy the squonk kit though.

Yeah, that's about mine too.

I have a Boreas I keep on my desk at my office that hums best at 45 W, but that is it for me.

Even with just one bat, this new guy is kind of wide for my dainty lady fingers, lol

Also have gotten used to the juice bottle being on the end, not the middle of the mod :(

It is pretty though and the vape is nice.

As usual, the included atty is not very impressive. First included atty I built in forever. Thought I'd give it a shot though.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's about mine too.

I have a Boreas I keep on my desk at my office that hums best at 45 W, but that is it for me.

Even with just on bat, this new guy is kind of wide for my dainty lady fingers, lol

Also have gotten used to the juice bottle being on the end, not the middle of the mod :(

It is pretty though and the vape is nice.

As usual, the included atty is not very impressive. First included atty I built in forever. Thought I'd give it a shot though.
Yeh don't think I care much for the peek hole squonkers either. I like the edge ones with a cutout.

I will post a mini review when I get my Drip Box 2.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh she's gorgeous, what is it and where did you order it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecig-city (not Eciggity) HCigar VT 75 (Evolve DNA chip)

They were the only ones with this finish in stock in the US that I could find.

GearBest :)eek:) has them on preorder for about the same price

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Been good, had a medical issue I've been dealing with the last few weeks so I've been mostly just browsing instead of posting. But I'm in a little better shape now so I'm back to troll you :)

How have you been and how's the hubs doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you been down dude - hope nothing long-lingering or truly insidious

We're both mainly recovered, lol a little worse for wear, but, you know :giggle:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry you been down dude - hope nothing long-lingering or truly insidious

We're both mainly recovered, lol a little worse for wear, but, you know :giggle:

I'm better then 99% of other folks in the dept I was in today at the hospital, all of them had or where getting a colonoscopy and I was just in for an endoscopy..... Made sure the doctor wasn't putting the back door camera down my throat, but for meow I just wait for the biopsy results. Apparently my life long battle with heartburn/acid reflux has taken its toll on my esophagus.

VU Sponsors