Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was working on The Room with the ol man, and trying to keep my sadness a) under control and b) to myself.

View attachment 67334
View attachment 67335

You see the CD case had to be moved to the other side, or it conflicted with the closet door. The main reason I included this set, from this angle, is so you can see that closet door -- it looks amazing, considering how godawful it looked when it was first turned around and re-hung!

But here's the usual angle, from the door:
View attachment 67336

We haven't done anything to the bed yet, since the cat loves to lay on it -- no need to get the new comforter covered with cat hair! :giggle:

Andria
Lookin Good, Andria...!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was working on The Room with the ol man, and trying to keep my sadness a) under control and b) to myself.

View attachment 67334
View attachment 67335

You see the CD case had to be moved to the other side, or it conflicted with the closet door. The main reason I included this set, from this angle, is so you can see that closet door -- it looks amazing, considering how godawful it looked when it was first turned around and re-hung!

View attachment 67336

We haven't done anything to the bed yet, since the cat loves to lay on it -- no need to get the new comforter covered with cat hair! :giggle:

Andria

Good call on the cat hair.

I went to check on the guest towels for my BILs visit next month - and good thing I did.

Dr. Edgar Balzak (big white cat) had obviously been sneaking into the cupboard behind my back for secret naps, lol

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lookin Good, Andria...!

Well it's a damn sight better than that putrid green and myriad piles of junk. The ol man's going to make some money tomorrow, doing some yard work for a lady he knows, but thurs and fri we'll work on getting all the books and whatnot back on the shelves. Certainly not having any sort of thanksgiving.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well it's a damn sight better than that putrid green and myriad piles of junk. The ol man's going to make some money tomorrow, doing some yard work for a lady he knows, but thurs and fri we'll work on getting all the books and whatnot back on the shelves. Certainly not having any sort of thanksgiving.

Andria

I quit making a to-do about Thanksgiving the winter of 2004 - one of my best decisions ever

We do thankful things in our own way and it's a happier holiday for me now

The old man wasn't too thrilled at first, but he's a lot happier with it now also

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I quit making a to-do about Thanksgiving the winter of 2004 - one of my best decisions ever

We do thankful things in our own way and it's a happier holiday for me now

The old man wasn't too thrilled at first, but he's a lot happier with it now also

I've cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my nuclear family since T'giving of 1988, when my son was just an infant -- we had just moved into a nice new apartment, and to thank one of my husband's co-workers for helping us move, we had him over for t'giving dinner. But this year... meh. I can't say I'm thankful for much, other than still being sober and smoke-free and without any cravings to smoke, or many cravings to drink. Actually I do give drinking some thought lately, but with all the stomach issues I've been having, I know that drinking would not improve that situation AT ALL, so I dismiss it as quickly as I can.

When the boy was in high school, thanksgiving was a lot of fun; one or two of my husband's co-workers often joined us for dinner (those without family close by), and a gang of my son's friends would congregate at our house afterward for pumpkin pie, video games, and sometimes, partner spades. Much fun was had by everyone. I miss those days.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 67334
View attachment 67335

View attachment 67336

Andria
That looks great Andria. I love the color of the drapes with the color on the walls! :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just bought another refrigerator for concentrates, and another 150 bucks worth of flavors at BCV...:)

I'm really diggin the DIY, and as usual, taking it to another level....the Extreme Level.....:giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanksgiving was always a depressing holiday for me, never liked the traditional obligations, but did it for the family.

In 2004, my husband had to go out of town, and I put my foot down and said forget it. I cooked three pounds of premium bacon in the morning, and me and the girls ate bacon all day and watched movies. I wore pajamas all day and when we got tired of bacon we made blueberry waffles for dinner.

Except for missing the Mr, it was the happiest Thanksgiving of my life.

Thanksgiving 2005, my youngest daughter was in college in Oregon and was stricken with a very rare, poorly understood disease, was misdiagnosed and almost died. Spent Thanksgiving through New Year in the hospital, mainly in ICU and I have not "celebrated" in a traditional way since 2004.

Much happier that way.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just bought another refrigerator for concentrates, and another 150 bucks worth of flavors at BCV...:)

I'm really diggin the DIY, and as usual, taking it to another level....the Extreme Level.....:giggle:

Thanks for being that way - whenever it seems I might be crossing the line - I look towards you and see clearly that I have a ways to go :rolleyes:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That looks great Andria. I love the color of the drapes with the color on the walls! :)

Thx! And I posted this a long time back, but this is the comforter set that's waiting to be put on the bed:

comforterset.jpg

The burgundy is a *perfect* match with those drapes! The whole set is really plush and soft; says it's "microfiber" but it feels somewhat like velveteen.

Still gotta get the set of 4 pillows; 2 for bed pillows and 2 for the shams; the burgundy runner-rug to go beside the bed... and we'll also be replacing the lampshade on that lamp in the pictures, the one that's on it now is kinda beat to shit. :D And gotta Brasso that lamp.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
hahaha....WELL.. try to keep-up....:vapemail:

no point in having all these choices without going NUTS every NOW an AGAIN...:wave:

I'd been thinking about an additional fridge/freezer for vape supplies - but I already run a mini fridge exclusively for food for my fish - Mr. Juicy Lucy might come unhinged if I had a second private fridge :banana:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You just can't win....pity really....:teehee:

Glad you agree with me - he is being unreasonable :)

Actually, am about to decommission the old fish fridge as I've been selling off my collection.

I sold off a tank full of pygmy cories and was in the process of draining it when a big family of babies I didn't know about started swimming around, lol.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY!

The only thing good about thanksgiving is the turkey and banana pudding :D Other than that I can do without it.

I love turkey and it pisses me off you can only get it certain times of year which is why I have 3 in the freezer right now and one in the fridge ready for the oven. Probably will cook it tomorrow but just because I love it, not for Thanksgiving.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The guys at BCV are awesome! I used to place an order in the morning then pick it up that afternoon on my way home from work. I placed an order the Wednesday before Thanksgiving last year, told them I was picking it up then found out I had to work late. Sent a text to the guy who runs/owns it and explained so he waited for me.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok so I WAS living vicariously through Dale, now I get to add Lucy to my list as well! :giggle:

I lived in Charlotte with my parents for about a year when I was about six years old.

My mother would wake my brother and I up early and she would plunk us in the car and drive my dad to work while we were all still in our PJs. Of course, one day she has to run out of gas while we're on the freeway.

I still remember frost on the plants and crunching noise as we marched down the meridian in our jammies, my mom's head in rollers, till we hit an offramp with a gas station and pay phone :giggle::giggle::giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you agree with me - he is being unreasonable :)

Actually, am about to decommission the old fish fridge as I've been selling off my collection.

I sold off a tank full of pygmy cories and was in the process of draining it when a big family of babies I didn't know about started swimming around, lol.
Aww baby Cories. Love the Kories.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lived in Charlotte with my parents for about a year when I was about six years old.

My mother would wake my brother and I up early and she would plunk us in the car and drive my dad to work while we were all still in our PJs. Of course, one day she has to run out of gas while we're on the freeway.

I still remember frost on the plants and crunching noise as we marched down the meridian in our jammies, my mom's head in rollers, till we hit an offramp with a gas station and pay phone :giggle::giggle::giggle:
I'm about 4 hours north of Charlotte. That's a BIG city!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm about 4 hours north of Charlotte. That's a BIG city!

I'd lived most of my life in Oakland, CA before that. I started school in NC, the first year of integrated busing.

I remember the bus stop because it was all white kids mainly. We'd all get on the bus, but the bigger kids made sure four seats were saved in the middle of the bus. At the next stop, black kids got on the bus.

I just thought the first kids were being nice and saving seats for the kids from the next stop

Didn't find out it was about integration until years later when I was trying to figure out why I never went to kindergarten: simple, they didn't have in NC back then.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But then he bitches about all the nic in the big chest freezer :facepalm:

You just can't satisfy some folks :gaah:

It annoys my husband to no end that with all my nic in the freezer, he can't fit those gi-normous Bluebell round cartons in there -- the rectangular/oval shaped cartons will fit in the freezer door, and there's a small spot at the bottom which will perfectly accommodate a box of "Brown cows" -- vanilla ice cream with the chocolate shell, on a stick -- my own personal favorite for ice cream. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It annoys my husband to no end that with all my nic in the freezer, he can't fit those go-normous Bluebell round cartons in there -- the rectangular/oval shaped cartons will fit in the freezer door, and there's a small spot at the bottom which will perfectly accommodate a box of "Brown cows" -- vanilla ice cream with the chocolate shell, on a stick -- my own personal favorite for ice cream. :D

Andria

You go Andria!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY!

The only thing good about thanksgiving is the turkey and banana pudding :D Other than that I can do without it.

I love turkey and it pisses me off you can only get it certain times of year which is why I have 3 in the freezer right now and one in the fridge ready for the oven. Probably will cook it tomorrow but just because I love it, not for Thanksgiving.

I love turkey too. I wonder if Ingles will have a good sale on them, the day after t'giving. :giggle: But I'm a huge fan of homemade pumpkin pie -- it's one of the cream pies that is so fucking good with a MOUNTAIN of whipped cream. I may bake a couple of those even if I don't do anything else. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd lived most of my life in Oakland, CA before that. I started school in NC, the first year of integrated busing.

I remember the bus stop because it was all white kids mainly. We'd all get on the bus, but the bigger kids made sure four seats were saved in the middle of the bus. At the next stop, black kids got on the bus.

I just thought the first kids were being nice and saving seats for the kids from the next stop

Didn't find out it was about integration until years later when I was trying to figure out why I never went to kindergarten: simple, they didn't have in NC back then.
I didn't go to kindergarten either. Back when I started school in 1962, kindergarten was unheard of. Each community here had their own elementary school. I rode to school on the cross bar of my brother's bicycle from grade1 to 4. After that, my parents dropped me off at the mill gate where they worked and I walked the rest of the way. We all walked home in the afternoons. After integration, they built a new central high school, turned the former all white, all black high schools into junior high schools. That was in my 7th grade year. For 8th grade, I was bussed to school and I hated it!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was a kindergarten dropout. Seriously. :D I was 5 in '66, and the only kindergartens at that time were either in churches, or Montessori schools. I could not deal with the mean old biddie who was my kindergarten teacher. I've never responded well to authority figures, or rooms full of people, even if those people were my fellow 5 yr olds.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got silver sulfate, boss? That stuff does wonders for any kind of burn. I had gotten some industrial strength bleach splashed up on my leg, third degree chemical burn. Silver sulfate took the heat and sting of it right out. Industrial / food grade cleaning bleach is diluted so that it is like 15 to 20% sodium hydroxide compared to household bleach which is only 8-10%.
Dang it. I DID, and forgot. All the trucks have first aid kits per DOT regs. I hope I don't forget about the fire extinguishers if the need arises.

I know that bleach. We use it to clean the big white storage tanks. NASTY stuff. I didn't know you could silver sulfate on a CHEM burn! THAT could come in handy some day, but I hope not.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dr. Edgar Balzak (big white cat)
With a name like that I just have to ask. Did you let him keep his?
funny-cat-meme.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang it. I DID, and forgot. All the trucks have first aid kits per DOT regs. I hope I don't forget about the fire extinguishers if the need arises.

I know that bleach. We use it to clean the big white storage tanks. NASTY stuff. I didn't know you could silver sulfate on a CHEM burn! THAT could come in handy some day, but I hope not.

Yep you can, it was what the doc put on me and sent me home with after he looked the burn over. Also as a quick and dirty tip, if you've got that powdered sanitizer, you can apply that to most chemical burns as well for a first response/der bit of first aid. The sanitizer is actually made to balance pH with the human body which is about 7.35 to 7.40. Using it on chemical burns will quell out the sting & burn real quick. Be sure though to properly wash the burn gently with cool water & then used the silver sulfate / sulfa-dine cream / spray on the burn.

Tip for fast food or restaurant deep fat fry vats, do not use extinguishers on them. Look for the vat's lid and place it on the vat. That will nearly instantly put the fire out in a vat. Using an extinguisher runs the risk of having the fire flashback following the extinguisher's stream and then bursting the extinguisher's tank / bottle. Also it kind of makes the fry vats unusable for at least 48 hours, although $50 to the local health inspector and a promise to 'hot suds' the vat cuts that down to around 12 hours. ;):) Yep, kept quite a few fast food joints hopping when they thought they were sunk.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @chopdoc -- looks like y'all are about to get some much-needed rain. Sure hope that front holds together long enough to bring its ass over here and give us some!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's.

I love turkey too. I wonder if Ingles will have a good sale on them, the day after t'giving. :giggle: But I'm a huge fan of homemade pumpkin pie -- it's one of the cream pies that is so fucking good with a MOUNTAIN of whipped cream. I may bake a couple of those even if I don't do anything else. :)

Andria

Love pumpkin pie too!!! but my waistline hates it :giggle: Same thing with eggnog. Funny thing is I been only drinking one small glass of nog a day but damn, the scotch bottle level has dropped drastically! I will buy a quart of eggnog, drain about a quarter of it, top it off with scotch and shake well. That will last me 4 to 5 days. Couple days ago I brought a quart home, doctored it up and then looked at the bottle. Damn near empty so guess I need to put that on the shopping list too!. Been thinking af getting another glenlivets gift set with the bottle and glasses anyways.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey @chopdoc -- looks like y'all are about to get some much-needed rain. Sure hope that front holds together long enough to bring its ass over here and give us some!!!

Andria

Glad you said sumptin. News I seen yesterday said the front was real weak and wont reach us and just a scant chance of rain. Intellcast said only a %20 chance of rain today but radar shows a healthy rain line headed this way,

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you said sumptin. News I seen yesterday said the front was real weak and wont reach us and just a scant chance of rain. Intellcast said only a %20 chance of rain today but radar shows a healthy rain line headed this way,

Well, save some for us! The Nat'l Forest needs it! :D

Morning fugee's.

Love pumpkin pie too!!! but my waistline hates it :giggle: Same thing with eggnog. Funny thing is I been only drinking one small glass of nog a day but damn, the scotch bottle level has dropped drastically! I will buy a quart of eggnog, drain about a quarter of it, top it off with scotch and shake well. That will last me 4 to 5 days. Couple days ago I brought a quart home, doctored it up and then looked at the bottle. Damn near empty so guess I need to put that on the shopping list too!. Been thinking af getting another glenlivets gift set with the bottle and glasses anyways.

I always liked brandy in eggnog; milder taste than any whiskey. Now I just drink eggnog virginal, and I have to get the low-fat kind, or my gallbladder throws a fit. :giggle:

Pumpkin pie is great because it's high in fiber -- safest way to eat sugar, with fiber. I use the shortbread crusts rather than graham cracker -- DEEEELISH!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just finished mixing up the dough for a loaf of sourdough bread to go with the turkey. I really need a better mixer and maybe for Christmas I will get myself one. Gotta give the dough 4 to 6 hours to rise and then bake that and probably will bake the turkey tonight.

Been going carb free for the last couple weeks and dropped around 20 lbs so a loaf of bread with my turkey wont kill me. :D

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Lynn.....fugees......:stars:...one more day, today.....than a one day vacation....:)

Morning, Dale. You were supposed to be done this am? I hope it's T&M. ;)

What a DRIVE yesterday. The whole crew went from Kansas City north to the MN border to drop off equipment at the IA farm, then turned and burned to S.E. Michigan. Got in about 5am, and just woke up. Ahh.... the ancestral manse. :)

Oooh, vape mail! Two VT75 Nano's! Lurvly pieces. Black and red, of COURSE. And whats in this BIG box!? Hahaha.. 1000 rounds of .300 Blackout. A big ole box of Mayhem. :)

VU Sponsors