Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did, and got outta the doc's office by 10 after 3, so the traffic wasn't much. A little messy, kinda drizzling, but not too bad. Got my refill scrips for my asthma drugs, so I can keep breathing for the next 6 months. :)

Only bad thing; weight's edging up to 147 (146 and 3/4) so it's a good thing that this family's xmas has been cancelled, I'd be fat as a pig by January if I had to deal with all the usual holiday goodies.; :) Still need to lose about 12-15 lbs, but DAMN it's hard since I passed about 45ish. *grump* I used to be able to lose 5 lbs by skipping a meal! :facepalm:

Andria
Yea I used to be the same way. It gets harder and harder, doesn't it?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got some shitty news today. Went to see the pulmonary doctor yesterday and he said he didnt think he would do a CAT scan of my lungs because he didn't see a need for it, but he wanted some Xrays done and as long as everything looked fine we wouldn't worry about a CAT scan.......

They called me today and said he wants a CAT scan now.

When it rains it pours.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got some shitty news today. Went to see the pulmonary doctor yesterday and he said he didnt think he would do a CAT scan of my lungs because he didn't see a need for it, but he wanted some Xrays done and as long as everything looked fine we wouldn't worry about a CAT scan.......

When it rains it pours.

That does seem to be how it goes Chop - sorry they are dragging these tests out and hope the :grumpy: scan turns out just fine.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

When it rains it pours.
Dang. Hang in there. You sure have been through a lot lately. :(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It gets worse.......

The ex called me this morning to see how yesterdays doctors appointment went so I told her. I been trying to be as civil as possible with her so I can keep seeing my boy Rascal. I talked to her this afternoon and mentioned it to her and holy crap.

A friend of ours died today from cancer. About a month ago he had a bump on his neck so he went to a doctor to check it out, they ran some test and found out is was cancer. Then they made him come in from offshore and did some more test. Stage 4 terminal cancer all around his heart and spreading fast. He died today. He was going to retire this month and already told the company he worked for it was his last time going offshore. He had no idea how true that was.

The ex heard about him dying because she is best friends with the guys wife, started thinking I might have cancer and comes over here all in tears worried about it swearing how I own her heart and I better not leave her. Kinda like the Godfather III, Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It gets worse.......

The ex called me this morning to see how yesterdays doctors appointment went so I told her. I been trying to be as civil as possible with her so I can keep seeing my boy Rascal. I talked to her this afternoon and mentioned it to her and holy crap.

A friend of ours died today from cancer. About a month ago he had a bump on his neck so he went to a doctor to check it out, they ran some test and found out is was cancer. Then they made him come in from offshore and did some more test. Stage 4 terminal cancer all around his heart and spreading fast. He died today. He was going to retire this month and already told the company he worked for it was his last time going offshore. He had no idea how true that was.

The ex heard about him dying because she is best friends with the guys wife, started thinking I might have cancer and comes over here all in tears worried about it swearing how I own her heart and I better not leave her. Kinda like the Godfather III, Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In!

:hug:

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It gets worse.......

Sorry Chopdoc :( I hope all your tests come back okay.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

When it rains it pours.
Man, you just can't catch a break. As always, hope everything goes fine.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It gets worse.......

Man, when it rains it POURS..!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had to keep the shopping spree going today....bought another Lux mod with the iJoy 26650's....damn that is a nice mod for the price...!

Can't believe how long the iJoy 26650's last, must have nitro in them cells...!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Had to keep the shopping spree going today....bought another Lux mod with the iJoy 26650's....damn that is a nice mod for the price...!

Can't believe how long the iJoy 26650's last, must have nitro in them cells...!

No wonder you had to keep working today :giggle: Even bargain gear adds up Dale :facepalm:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think so too! The older I get, the less I like the cold and it's never cold there. And I don't mind working I'm just tired of working as hard as I've had for the last 3 months for peanuts.

Can't blame you there - I used to work like that when I was younger and I'd end up pretty cranky after awhile.

Doing it now...well, let's just say you have my deepest respect. I think my ass would fall off

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't blame you there - I used to work like that when I was younger and I'd end up pretty cranky after awhile.

Doing it now...well, let's just say you have my deepest respect. I think my ass would fall off
Thanks! I'm thinking it's going to come to an end soon. I'll be there 6 months the 20th of this month and I'm still a temp. They're hiring people off the street direct hire at $13 an hour. I make $10. I've had enough. I'm going to try and find something else while I'm off for Christmas break and just not go back. McDonalds would be better than this place. ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I'm thinking it's going to come to an end soon. I'll be there 6 months the 20th of this month and I'm still a temp. They're hiring people off the street direct hire at $13 an hour. I make $10. I've had enough. I'm going to try and find something else while I'm off for Christmas break and just not go back. McDonalds would be better than this place. ;)
I just can't understand the logic....hiring folks fulltime, while still having good temps as temps....that has to be the worst company and business model I've heard of....EVER.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Fugees,

2vn5izd.gif

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't understand the logic....hiring folks fulltime, while still having good temps as temps....that has to be the worst company and business model I've heard of....EVER.
They have had so many people to quit because they're tired of working 7 days a week for weeks on end. Me included. My temp rep added it up, I'm 45 hours short of 1000 hours. I'll get there next Tuesday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They have had so many people to quit because they're tired of working 7 days a week for weeks on end. Me included. My temp rep added it up, I'm 45 hours short of 1000 hours. I'll get there next Tuesday.
That's insane Lynn, but I understand you have to work, and jobs are NOT plentiful at the moment in most of the country.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's insane Lynn, but I understand you have to work, and jobs are NOT plentiful at the moment in most of the country.
I know. And they are especially not plentiful here in my little town. But..I did just get through applying to the other fairly large company here in town. They're working 7 days a week too but the work is easier, pay is better and so are the benefits. Plus, it's 5 miles closer to home.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know. And they are especially not plentiful here in my little town. But..I did just get through applying to the other fairly large company here in town. They're working 7 days a week too but the work is easier, pay is better and so are the benefits. Plus, it's 5 miles closer to home.
PRAY they CALL....!!!

VU Sponsors