Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah, I was thinking cold as in cold weather. Sorry to hear you got the other kind as well. Common sense says give it two weeks, feed it chicken soup, vitamin C, drink good water. :) Hope it fares out sooner for you.

I fucking HATE chicken soup, and wouldn't eat it if my life depended on it. I'm eating all my normal crap, and also lots and lots of Walmart's "Severe Congestion Formula" which contains guifenesin, and drinking so much water my kidneys are floating, trying to keep hydrated so I can cough up this shit in my chest -- don't have the smoker's phlegm anymore to help move it, so I don't sound or feel like I need the pneumonia ward, but it's hard to cough this shit up without all the phlegm I had as a smoker.

So, a cold as a non-smoker is somewhat easier than a cold as a smoker, but has its own drawbacks, and still isn't much fun, what with all the coughing, sneezing, nose blowing, nose bleeds, and headaches.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How in the hell did you do that? They forget to take the anti theft thingy off?

It was embarrassing as hell - I didn't do anything!!!

I picked up a pair of jeans I was thinking about trying on and it had this weird alarm thingamabob that not only emitted a piercing noise, it also had a blue flashing light - I shit you not!

WTF #1

Then, just walking out with a modest purchase (passed on the jeans, lol) and whoop whoop whoop

It's like WTF - :sad:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I picked up a pair of jeans I was thinking about trying on and it had this weird alarm thingamabob that not only emitted a piercing noise, it also had a blue flashing light - I shit you not!

WTF #1

Then, just walking out with a modest purchase (passed on the jeans, lol) and whoop whoop whoop

Yur one lucky some-bitch.......:giggle::giggle:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure I'd trust ebay, but I'll look at the battery stores for the batteries.

I think these iJoy batteries I have are the same batteries, just with iJoy wraps.

I bought maybe 10 to 12 of them off ebay over the last few months. I do the same with all of them, I will chain vape them and drain the battery some then take the cover off and feel the battery. Usually barely over room temp so as far as I am concerned, good to go.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

WTF #1

I'm always afraid my mod will set those idiot things off.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm always afraid my mod will set those idiot things off.

Andria

Do mods set them off?

They don't use anti-theft anything where I live - we just trust each other and put a serious ass-whoop on the few transgressors that pass through from time to time.

The very nice and discreet security lady nearby just said I could keep going when I came back in.

She said perfume sometimes sets them off, and Mr Juicy had bought perfume for our daughters

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do mods set them off?

They don't use anti-theft anything where I live - we just trust each other and put a serious ass-whoop on the few transgressors that pass through from time to time.

The very nice and discreet security lady nearby just said I could keep going when I came back in.

She said perfume sometimes sets them off, and Mr Juicy had bought perfume for our daughters

So far they haven't, though I always worry they will, especially at Walmart, since I take my mod out of my purse and get a hit before I exit, to insulate myself against the wall of cigarette smoke just outside the doors. :D

The only accidental setting-off I've done is when I order something from walmart.com and pick it up at the store; the igmos in the back never deactivate the doohickey that sets it off. :facepalm:

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cripes, I almost forgot to tell you guys! I got really involved in my annual Work Comp audit, God, I love those kinds of things, and I plum FORGOT! I am SO sorry... but, now I will tell you. GFY.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Poor Dale - can't get off on anything

Given lacking privacy here, living with wife's sister and her family, I kind of know the feeling. After a while Rosy and her sisters are not the best company. Much, much nicer to enjoy that with another living human being and actually have time, a place to enjoy it without fear of someone walking in midway through asking for help to boil water.

No I'm not joking or exaggerating, her sister, even college educated and educated by her kitchen witch mama cannot boil water. It confuses her far too much. Yep, sure I'm bad or dense at times but her sister and bro-in-law at times make the Darwin awards seem inadequate.

On top of that, her sister is a pure drama diva. If there is some way she can manage to stir crap, she willl and if you don't play along or give in to her way, oh the pissy fits. Me and wife been living here with them this time three years so far. Three months in I had a list of a dozen incidents that I told my wife, "if you'd ever .... out on your ass you'd be." My wife can only shake her head, "I know, but try to be nice ...".

Bah. Sorry, kind of crept up and sneaked out.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave::cuss2::finger: You and your do nothing all day days! Bah! Quit sending them my way, will ya? :)

Morely's List of Morning Do Nothings

1. Dig half mile trench three foot deep to provide secure causeway for dog irrigation piping.

2. Raise Colors.

3. Fix breakfast and break down galley after.

4. Defuse the eight bombs left from last night's party with Dave.

5. Put laundry on for wash.

6. Rebuild the five story watch tower that some goat brought down while using it as a scratching post for the velvet on his horns.

7. Clean and double check all rifles, handguns, sharpen and oil all knives.

8. Go redirect traffic in town to avoid the bridge out due to snow.

9. Give Brother Spanky's woman some.

10. Feed all critters their brunch.

11. Examine the creek to ensure it is not going to back up and flood after it thaws.

12. Fool with wood stove.

13. Fetch in firewood.

14. Write Brother Spanky Annoying List. :)

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah, I was thinking cold as in cold weather. Sorry to hear you got the other kind as well. Common sense says give it two weeks, feed it chicken soup, vitamin C, drink good water. :) Hope it fares out sooner for you.
It's going to be difficult to get used to your new name. I just still want to call you Morely. (More - Ell - E)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

WTF #1

Lucy in jail without diamonds.

Imagine yourself shopping,
browsing for a sale.

Next thing you know security guys are there,
5 finger discounts are not allowed,
they said.

Shiney handcuffs and iron bars,
await you my dear.

Hubby runs off looking for a lawyer,
and he says.....

Lucy in jail without diamonds

I know, I know, couldnt help myself :giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Imagine yourself shopping,
browsing for a sale.

Next thing you know security guys are there,
5 finger discounts are not allowed,
they said.

Shiney handcuffs and iron bars,
await you my dear.

Hubby runs off looking for a lawyer,
and he says.....

Lucy in jail without diamonds

I know, I know, couldnt help myself :giggle:
That's great!!!

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GM and GFY everyone! It's finally Friday! It's freaking cold outside this morning. At least cold for us here in Texas. Hit close to freezing this morning. Back to 60 this weekend and the 70's next week. Hoping you all are doing well, despite the white crap all over.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GM and GFY everyone! It's finally Friday! It's freaking cold outside this morning. At least cold for us here in Texas. Hit close to freezing this morning. Back to 60 this weekend and the 70's next week. Hoping you all are doing well, despite the white crap all over.

We got down to 28. brrrrrrrr. But, like you said, no white crap!! :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Last I checked at 5 this morning, it was 33. Might have made it to 30 by daybreak, I don't know. We're supposed to get up to a whopping 48-50 today.

We're supposed to get to 46. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! It's better than yesterday. Yesterday was wack! 35 and so windy. And cloudy. And icky. lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dunno what it got down to, last night, as I was sleeping and didn't give a shit. :D But when I got up sometime after 11, it was 28, so it musta been pretty damn cold earlier, since the sun is shining brightly and it was STILL that cold. Round 36 now, cat is mad I won't let her go out till it's at least 40 degrees, I don't need THAT cool a kitty. :D

GFYs, and do it warmly, considering. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors