Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And hello everyone, busy bee today x

Excuse my ignorance but don't you call them Cell Phones across the pond, I though it was only us that called them mobiles ?

I think most people do, but they haven't actually been "cell" phones in many years, and I generally try to use correct terminology. :D Smartphone, mobile phone, phablet (mine is that, with a 6" screen!) pocket computer, sure, ok. Cellphone... nah. Just as I hate calling my vape an "e-cig" -- it's nothing at all like a cigarette, it just keeps me from wanting them. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can do vegetarian (no meat) with little hassle - except really missing bacon.

Now Vegan, that is another matter - no animal products at all, is too far . No honey, no eggs, no jello.....

Way too far

Totally agree!!! And it's impossible to get B12, without supplements, on a fully vegan diet -- it's only available from animal sources. And supplements are never as good as "the real thing."

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had a friend who had that happen to him and you are a LOT nicer than his girlfriend was.

She got on their computer one day and found out he forgot to log off of face book so she decided to have some fun. She played like she was him and came out as being gay. From there it got totally out of control. :giggle:
Oh that's too funny!!!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think most people do, but they haven't actually been "cell" phones in many years, and I generally try to use correct terminology. :D Smartphone, mobile phone, phablet (mine is that, with a 6" screen!) pocket computer, sure, ok. Cellphone... nah. Just as I hate calling my vape an "e-cig" -- it's nothing at all like a cigarette, it just keeps me from wanting them. :D

Andria
I still call a refrigerator and ice box sometimes. :rolleyes:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a friend who had that happen to him and you are a LOT nicer than his girlfriend was.

She got on their computer one day and found out he forgot to log off of face book so she decided to have some fun. She played like she was him and came out as being gay. From there it got totally out of control. :giggle:
OMG LOL I'm lucky that Emmy hopefully wouldn't do that

I've never done that... I've never actually SEEN an icebox. Except an Igloo cooler, that is. :D

Andria
My ex wife had one ;)

I'm on the wrong account, oh I could have some fun with this lol
EEEK, glad you didn't and anyway, I can be knob head all by myself at times on here lol

Quoting yourself seems weird

Ok signed into mine now, got to type it all again now :(

Thank you, loved the Iphone 5 and now the SE with upgraded internals but the same great outer case, I hate big phones, this is perfect. You DO listen, rare quality x
You ain't been off the dam thing all afternoon :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey @Atchafalaya

Just got this email from Wholecig, they sold and are selling WTA again.

Hello,

My name is Pete James and I am part of the team that purchased Whole Cig, as well as acting CEO. I am truly excited to announce that the WTA E-liquid you've come to love is available again, in limited quantities while we scale production. Because of recent FDA regulations, please be aware that by law we can only ship to the USA for now.

This is the same WTA you've come to love, made with the same exact recipe and extraction process, but with all new owners, all new management, and a new name....

"Liquid Leaf"

As we resume operations, we offer only one product for now, the most pure and naturally extracted unflavored WTA (in 6, 12, 18, 24 and 36 mg strengths) made from 100% organic, American grown tobacco. In the near future we will likely offer the same natural flavors that WholeCig carried such as "American Cigarette" and "Turkish Blend".

Because of recent requirements and regulations from MasterCard, there is some uncertainty about whether we will be able to ship nicotine products internationally in the future.

While we will do everything we can to make Liquid Leaf available everywhere, we thought it best to let our customers ordering from outside the USA know in advance.

We are excited about our new company and are looking forward to providing you with the purest and best WTA on the market!

Please don't hesitate to email us with any questions or suggestions at [email protected].

Pete James
CEO, LIQUID LEAF

Grab some fresh WTA while it lasts!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My dad was born in the 30s and I remember him telling us about them having ice delivered to the house when he was a young boy,
Yea my mom was born in 1927 and dad in 1931. I remember going to pawpaw's house in Houma and all he had was a bowl of ice and a fan blowing over it for a/c. I'm thinking it was around 1967.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey @Atchafalaya

Hello,

My name is Pete James and I am part of the team that purchased Whole Cig, as well as acting CEO. I am truly excited to announce that the WTA E-liquid you've come to love is available again, in limited quantities while we scale production. Because of recent FDA regulations, please be aware that by law we can only ship to the USA for now.

This is the same WTA you've come to love, made with the same exact recipe and extraction process, but with all new owners, all new management, and a new name....

"Liquid Leaf"

As we resume operations, we offer only one product for now, the most pure and naturally extracted unflavored WTA (in 6, 12, 18, 24 and 36 mg strengths) made from 100% organic, American grown tobacco. In the near future we will likely offer the same natural flavors that WholeCig carried such as "American Cigarette" and "Turkish Blend".

Because of recent requirements and regulations from MasterCard, there is some uncertainty about whether we will be able to ship nicotine products internationally in the future.

While we will do everything we can to make Liquid Leaf available everywhere, we thought it best to let our customers ordering from outside the USA know in advance.

We are excited about our new company and are looking forward to providing you with the purest and best WTA on the market!

Please don't hesitate to email us with any questions or suggestions at [email protected].

Pete James
CEO, LIQUID LEAF

Wow thanks Lucy!!!!!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey @Atchafalaya

Hello,

"Liquid Leaf"

Pete James
CEO, LIQUID LEAF

Their site is screwed up. Said enter a card code but no place to enter it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @Atchafalaya

Hello,

"Liquid Leaf"

Pete James
CEO, LIQUID LEAF

Truly awesome news. I hope everyone can be as successful as I was, thx to WholeCig -- it's not about the NICOTINE! It's all that other shit!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea my mom was born in 1927 and dad in 1931. I remember going to pawpaw's house in Houma and all he had was a bowl of ice and a fan blowing over it for a/c. I'm thinking it was around 1967.

My parents bought a brand new house in 1970; I was 9 at the time. We didn't have AC at first, but it was one of those new subdivisions where they bulldoze every tree and build the place from scratch, so it only took one year in that house before my mom had had enough, called Sears, and got central air installed, so I've lived in central air since 1971 (except for 5 yrs in Michigan, where it's really not necessary). And once we saw what a terrific thing that was for my allergies, it was even better!

I've never seen an icebox, never used a party line; had touch-tone dialing since we got that house in 1970, BARELY recall B&W TV: I was born in modern times. :) But I felt like slapping my son when he asked if, when I was a kid, we had TV. :facepalm: Yes, son, my GRANDPARENTS got TV when my mom was TWELVE, in 1953! :giggle:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My parents bought a brand new house in 1970; I was 9 at the time. We didn't have AC at first, but it was one of those new subdivisions where they bulldoze every tree and build the place from scratch, so it only took one year in that house before my mom had had enough, called Sears, and got central air installed, so I've lived in central air since 1971 (except for 5 yrs in Michigan, where it's really not necessary). And once we saw what a terrific thing that was for my allergies, it was even better!

I've never seen an icebox, never used a party line; had touch-tone dialing since we got that house in 1970, BARELY recall B&W TV: I was born in modern times. :) But I felt like slapping my son when he asked if, when I was a kid, we had TV. :facepalm: Yes, son, my GRANDPARENTS got TV when my mom was TWELVE, in 1953! :giggle:

Andria
I remember black and white tv. I dream of Jeannie and Bewitched bothstarted out black and white

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG you guys. Now I know why they put you to sleep when you get wisdom teeth pulled. I do NOT, I repeat, I DO NOT RECOMMEND getting one pulled whilst awake!!!! I can't fucking talk. My face is swelled on one side like a freaking balloon. They accidentally pulled the crown off the tooth next to it. I'm still spitting out blood. I'm soooooo miserable. :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Then, when I finally got home I was so flustered I couldn't find the house key so I peed in the back yard. (Ok, you can laugh at this if you want) Finally found it and I'm inside. Good thing cause it's time to change the gauze in this gaping FREAKING HOLE IN MY MOUTH. :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry: :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry: :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry: :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry: :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry: :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry: :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry:
I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have a cold, and couldn't hard breathe out my nose. and now I can't tell if I'm swallowing or not.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG you guys. Now I know why they put you to sleep when you get wisdom teeth pulled. I do NOT, I repeat, I DO NOT RECOMMEND getting one pulled whilst awake!!!! I can't fucking talk. My face is swelled on one side like a freaking balloon. They accidentally pulled the crown off the tooth next to it. I'm still spitting out blood. I'm soooooo miserable. :sad::cry::sad::cry::sad::cry:

I never got put to sleep for any of mine. But i sure did enjoy the Darvon afterward. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Then, when I finally got home I was so flustered I couldn't find the house key so I peed in the back yard. (Ok, you can laugh at this if you want) Finally found it and I'm inside. Good thing cause it's time to change the gauze in this gaping FREAKING HOLE IN MY MOUTH.
I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have a cold, and couldn't hard breathe out my nose. and now I can't tell if I'm swallowing or not.

Won't be liking those two posts but definitely feel for you my dear :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
3 days???? What a total ASS. My sister had a dog that got out once and it killed some chickens. The neighbor came over, took the dog and shot it. :( Now, I agree people should keep their dogs on their own property, but things do happen, and to be neighborly, they could have asked if you needed some help!

I kept building and fixing the pen quite a while even before he had his
"fence" up. The backside of the dog hut is about six inches away from
his fence.

We had to sit through his FIL in the magistrates hearing telling us
there were 16 to 20 chickens killed. I knew of possibly two. I went and
asked what we needed to do to make right, twice.

No one said anything about their garden torn up, nothing about anything
else, cars scratched up from being chased. If all this had been going on
with the severity they're espousing, why did not they not approach us
calmly and speaking clearly to say that?

Well the prosecutor "playing devil's advocate", "are there not places
you steer away from due to feel ill at ease about the owners?" I
concurred but also stated that we're rather approachable as other people
do stop from time to time, asking directions, saying hey or what not.
Shoot we live right next door to these neighbors, not like they needed
to do more than ask us to talk.

His wife even runs our postal route. She never said a thing further
either. He may have said more than I recall. I do not pay much attention
to someone continually flying in a rage cussing at me. I learned to
block it out, to not respond because I know if someone is that angry
they'll not hear anything you say anyway. So, there was no real
discussion regarding anything near about the severity they're alleging.

Tomorrow will be day three. If I see him and he says anything, I'll tell
him he needs to speak to my FIL. I will not engage him any further than
that. "___ said he needs to talk to you about this, please talk with
him. Thank you."

I figure it is as family says, it's a run on be bullies. They got
designs to have all her granddad's land more than likely. Sorry but
coming at it from me and the dogs as an angle is not going to happen. I
might not exactly be capable of pulling off prick, but there are people that
make that a living and call themselves .. oh, lawyers, police officers.
*nodding*

I won't do this, go to his level. I have other options. It is just a
pain that I need to get wound up inside. Trying not to do that. I'm looking
at actual freelance writing jobs, playing a puzzle game here and there,
piddling with a few other things, firewood, house work.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And it's really not even the pain that I'm worried about -- I suffered YEARS of dry ice treatments to my face, for my acne scars, and if you think that's fun, you're a sick puppy. :D It's the whole "there's a stranger's hands IN MY MOUTH" that just grosses me right the fuck out; I have to be nitroused nearly insensible to tolerate it AT ALL. but with enough nitrous, they could drive a fucking bulldozer in my mouth, I wouldn't care. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And it's really not even the pain that I'm worried about -- I suffered YEARS of dry ice treatments to my face, for my acne scars, and if you think that's fun, you're a sick puppy. :D It's the whole "there's a stranger's hands IN MY MOUTH" that just grosses me right the fuck out; I have to be nitroused nearly insensible to tolerate it AT ALL. but with enough nitrous, they could drive a fucking bulldozer in my mouth, I wouldn't care. :giggle:

Andria

Amen to that!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is just so wrong!!! Your neighbors are total asses!!!

Kind of having real similar opinions of them. Yes, I know we might ought to have done better ourselves. There was a time our dogs did run a bit around here. Yes, I heard once that Sherlock, our insecure one had went after a dog down the road. He also went after our little dog, tore him up. The dog down the road was not torn up. Sherlock was detered by my wife. She pulled a real good one. She calmly told him "no."

Funny how you ladies make that work & us guys never can. :)

Sherlock is not a vicious or mean dog. He is insecure and anxious. Since he's been getting used to me more and I have redoubled efforts, focused more on my own self care of anxiety, stress, ... Sherlock is as well. At first I did not want to keep him. It finally clicked though. Not sure exactly what the nudge was but I "put on my big boy panties & got over myself", faced up to what I needed to do with Sherlock was more what I needed to do with myself. Now, I could not stand loosing him.

Well. Let me change this subject please. Built a nice 1.2 ohm coil this evening out of 30awg kanthal, two stranded single coil. :| I was aiming to hit .7 ohm but I'm alright with the 1.2. I see the 30awg teaches me the Narda needs smaller wire than 28awg, which i was using, or trying to use to no avail. seems it kept peeling itself out from under the trap screws. Hey Lucy, I'm vaping the "oh holy Narda". *chuckles* Unflavored too, Juicy. :) Oh, I'm terrible for sure.

If I see another of those darn tootin' Logic Vaporizer commercials, well, I might paint a fence. :) :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Amen to that!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm not really a germophobe at all... but I dislike shaking hands intensely; it's the #1 vector for colds and flu and god knows what else. And I never liked going to NA *at all*, with all the fucking hugging going on. I'll thank strangers to stay the fuck out of my personal space, and DO NOT TOUCH ME UNLESS I INVITE YOU TO DO SO!!!

Geez.

Andria

VU Sponsors