Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nitrous oxide TO THE MAX or I ain't going!

I tried it once. The poor girl that was the technician come and got it away from me, quickly. I had looked at the ceiling an then went into a state of pure terror, which is then where she went too. Guess I'm wired too screwy to let NOX do what it does for like, everybody else. *smh* I dunno.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it once. The poor girl that was the technician come and got it away from me, quickly. I had looked at the ceiling an then went into a state of pure terror, which is then where she went too. Guess I'm wired too screwy to let NOX do what it does for like, everybody else. *smh* I dunno.
NOX didn't work for me either. I had a full blown panic attack right there in the chair. My dentist noted in my chart..no more Nitrous Oxide in red.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's my #1 favorite buzz, hands down. My son and I fight over whippits, when the can of whipped cream is done. :giggle:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was born in 56 and grew up with b&w tv that had an outside antenna that you had to physically turn until the station you wanted to see came in clear. Then my dad bought an antenna with a box on top of the tv that you turned the dial until the station was clear. We had 3 channels that we could pick up. I was 11 before we got a color tv and we were the first on our block to have one. Almost the entire neighborhood came to watch Hee Haw in color. I've been to friends houses and had to use the outhouse if I needed to use the bathroom while I was there. Now, I have a fridge, a cell and a stove. Growing up, everything was cooked on or in the stove.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The last wisdom tooth I had pulled was about a year ago...was just given a local anesthesia, didn't feel a thing. He showed me the tooth. I didn't even know he'd pulled it yet. It sure hurt like hell when I arrived at his office tho. I was bracing for the worse, it didn't arrive. Must have been lucky is the only thing I thought. Suppose the length of the root has a lot to do with things.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was born in 56 and grew up with b&w tv that had an outside antenna that you had to physically turn until the station you wanted to see came in clear. Then my dad bought an antenna with a box on top of the tv that you turned the dial until the station was clear. We had 3 channels that we could pick up. I was 11 before we got a color tv and we were the first on our block to have one. Almost the entire neighborhood came to watch Hee Haw in color. I've been to friends houses and had to use the outhouse if I needed to use the bathroom while I was there. Now, I have a fridge, a cell and a stove. Growing up, everything was cooked on or in the stove.
Same here, Lynn....EXACTLY....!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
These young whippersnappers don't know what they missed do they?

My family did not believe in upgrades.

My grandpa was PISSED in the early 90s when his son rewired the phone lines in the house he built in 1933 so he could hook up to.... the Information Super Highway!

Mainly he was mad because my uncle tossed the only phone in the house, which was black and weighed about five pounds. It still had the piece of paper under bakelite to let you know the exchange was Lucern 6789 :giggle:

That phone still worked so it was nothing but a waste to replace it :facepalm:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't know about you guys, but don't think Atcha is being whimpy at all - that was some BS!
Thanks. It was a rough night. I finally called their emergency after hours number and spoke with the oncall doctor. She sounded shocked that they didn't prescribe any antibiotics or pain killers. I'm in miserable pain. It'll take a few more hours, but I'll get some Tylenol 3

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So would I but then I think that if I did things differently, I probably wouldn't have my 2 kids and grandson now so I think not.

I think this a lot, too; the best cure for regrets is to finally have a decent life -- I'm in a good place in my life now, so it's very hard to regret any of the really stupid things I did in the past, or I might not be where I am, now. True, my life might be *better*, but there's no way to know -- it might even be worse! I'm grateful for the life I have now, and that's sufficient, even with all the insane turns I took to get here. :D Good song about that by Rascal Flatts -- "God bless the broken road". Another great one by Garth Brooks - "Unanswered Prayers".

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
NOX didn't work for me either. I had a full blown panic attack right there in the chair. My dentist noted in my chart..no more Nitrous Oxide in red.
Same here. I cannot have that stuff. I'm not even supposed to have epi but I told them go ahead and use it. I shake like a leaf and my heart races. Geez, I just can't believe I didn't even get antibiotics. Usually they give me 4 before they start working on me since I have a prolapse. :(

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
GM GFY
4e0a3406ce3a4e5727729d04701a7828.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The last wisdom tooth I had pulled was about a year ago...was just given a local anesthesia, didn't feel a thing. He showed me the tooth. I didn't even know he'd pulled it yet. It sure hurt like hell when I arrived at his office tho. I was bracing for the worse, it didn't arrive. Must have been lucky is the only thing I thought. Suppose the length of the root has a lot to do with things.
Wow I'm jealous! It hurt SO bad and they even popped my crown off in the process. I'm so miserable. But the doc just called and she called in the script. So I'm going to go get dressed and I can run out the door.
I appreciate all you guys. And thanks for letting me vent.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this a lot, too; the best cure for regrets is to finally have a decent life -- I'm in a good place in my life now, so it's very hard to regret any of the really stupid things I did in the past, or I might not be where I am, now. True, my life might be *better*, but there's no way to know -- it might even be worse! I'm grateful for the life I have now, and that's sufficient, even with all the insane turns I took to get here. :D Good song about that by Rascal Flatts -- "God bless the broken road". Another great one by Garth Brooks - "Unanswered Prayers".

Andria
YES YES YES!!! So true Andria!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow I'm jealous! It hurt SO bad and they even popped my crown off in the process. I'm so miserable. But the doc just called and she called in the script. So I'm going to go get dressed and I can run out the door.

You're lucky!!! In GA, for any prescription of narcotics, they have to actually hand you the written prescription so you can physically hand it to the pharmacist -- no phoning, no faxing permitted with "controlled" drugs.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're lucky!!! In GA, for any prescription of narcotics, they have to actually hand you the written prescription so you can physically hand it to the pharmacist -- no phoning, no faxing permitted with "controlled" drugs.

Andria
Worse in KY. You also have to take a drug test before the prescribing.
And I do not think that regular doctors can have refills on narcotic prescriptions.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I had my wisdom teeth pulled, all at the same time (Ty Uncle Sam!). They gave horse pills of Fucking Motrin. Lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
I had to sign a narcotics contract to get my neck meds.
Worse in KY. You also have to take a drug test before the prescribing.
And I do not think that regular doctors can have refills on narcotic prescriptions.
That sucks!!! It's like we are being punished for what druggies did. Ridiculous!
I had my wisdom teeth pulled, all at the same time (Ty Uncle Sam!). They gave horse pills of Fucking Motrin. Lol
I'm more wanting the antibiotics than the pain killers, but heck, I'll take both. :stars2::hearts::stars:
Had a weird dream last night that I didn't have any vape gear and had to wait on an order from Fasttech. :eek:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's all I got when I had mine taken out as well. 800mg of ibuprofen. I declined the prescription because 4 little pills were easier to take that that 1 huge one. But..the ibuprofen worked. I had the 2 top ones taken out on Friday, was at the mall shopping on Saturday.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's all I got when I had mine taken out as well. 800mg of ibuprofen. I declined the prescription because 4 little pills were easier to take that that 1 huge one. But..the ibuprofen worked. I had the 2 top ones taken out on Friday, was at the mall shopping on Saturday.
Maybe I'm just freaking out too much then. I've never had a tooth pulled before and I guess just the thought really freaked me out. I'm feeling better now. Last night wasn't much fun but oh well. I really think it's more the infection causing the pain than the actually tooth being pulled. But the antibiotics will take care of that. :bliss:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to sign a narcotics contract to get my neck meds.

That sucks!!! It's like we are being punished for what druggies did. Ridiculous!

I'm more wanting the antibiotics than the pain killers, but heck, I'll take both. :stars2::hearts::stars:
Had a weird dream last night that I didn't have any vape gear and had to wait on an order from Fasttech. :eek:

Um... I'm pretty sure I ate steak that evening tho... lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep damn knee jerk politicians all who voted for that in KY I wish degenerative disc disease on them all.
Punish everyone rather than just the guilty assholes.
Say it brotha!!!!
Um... I'm pretty sure I ate steak that evening tho... lol
Really? So it's ok to eat something other than applesauce??? You've made my day!:hearts: You can keep the bacon in your boobs though. hehehehe

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

For me, I find that ibuprofen works better than anything else, EXCEPT FOR 1) migraines (tylenol works better for that),l and 2) burns -- a combination of ibuprofen + hydrocodone works better than ibuprofen alone. I got a really nasty 2nd-degree burn on the top of my left middle finger, around the nail, and ibuprofen helped, but not quite enough; fortunately I still have almost the whole bottle of hydrocodone left from the appendectomy, so I took one of those too, and the pain finally eased enough that I could get to sleep.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me, I find that ibuprofen works better than anything else, EXCEPT FOR 1) migraines (tylenol works better for that),l and 2) burns -- a combination of ibuprofen + hydrocodone works better than ibuprofen alone. I got a really nasty 2nd-degree burn on the top of my left middle finger, around the nail, and ibuprofen helped, but not quite enough; fortunately I still have almost the whole bottle of hydrocodone left from the appendectomy, so I took one of those too, and the pain finally eased enough that I could get to sleep.

Andria
With my migraines I use Excedrin. Knocks it out in a skinny minute. Of course then I'm bouncing off the walls due to the caffeine overload but at least the headache is gone. I can't/won't do narcotics. Like you already know, narcotics, like alcohol, it only takes one to send you back down that slide back into hell. I always have an aloe plant in the kitchen for burns but I've never had a 2nd degree burn.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With my migraines I use Excedrin. Knocks it out in a skinny minute. Of course then I'm bouncing off the walls due to the caffeine overload but at least the headache is gone. I can't/won't do narcotics. Like you already know, narcotics, like alcohol, it only takes one to send you back down that slide back into hell. I always have an aloe plant in the kitchen for burns but I've never had a 2nd degree burn.
Dudette! I do NOT envy that. 2 people at work get those nasty bastages! I've only had one migraine my whole life and never want another again!!!
Geez, still waiting on a call from the pharmacy. I'm going to head there anyway and sit and wait.

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dudette! I do NO envy that. 2 people at work get those nasty bastages! I've only had one migraine my whole life and never want another again!!!
Geez, still waiting on a call from the pharmacy. I'm going to head there anyway and sit and wait.
My mom had migraines so she passed them down to me. In turn, I passed them on to my son.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah I keep an aloe growing at all times, but it didn't help that burn much at all. Narcotics never caused me any problem, though I liked the sensation, back when I was into that sort of thing. :D But now that I've been sober for so long, I find that I dislike that spinning-head sensation INTENSELY -- but it did what I wanted it to, it helped me sleep, and I was grateful!

I only took a couple of those hydrocodones with the appendectomy, because I suffered night sweats terribly after that, and the doc suggested it was most likely the narcotics that caused it -- so I never took another, went to ibuprofen for what little pain I had -- after that laparoscopic surgery, the nausea was worse than the pain, by FAR.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took hydrocodone as needed for back pain for 12 years.
The new law in KY cut me off cold turkey. No with drawls of any type nor cravings except for pain management.
Never got any buzz or anything from them either just some fair pain relief.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning yall and GFY!

@Atchafalaya. be easy on using the vape gear. They tell you not to smoke after geting a tooth pulled because you will suck all the juice out of the tooth hole from sucking on the cig. Lite easy drages from your vapes girl. Dry socket is a mofo. Had a tooth pulled once then went offshore the next day. Couple days later they had to fly me back to land because of dry socket. It hurts real bad.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning yall and GFY!

@Atchafalaya. be easy on using the vape gear. They tell you not to smoke after geting a tooth pulled because you will suck all the juice out of the tooth hole from sucking on the cig. Lite easy drages from your vapes girl. Dry socket is a mofo. Had a tooth pulled once then went offshore the next day. Couple days later they had to fly me back to land because of dry socket. It hurts real bad.
Awe thanks Choppy.
8:30 and I'm still in the rack!!!!

View attachment 73004
Rock on!

VU Sponsors