Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It really is scary -- I've been prone to fainting most of my life, which shows that sometimes my BP/heart rate just kinda goes bonkers. But in an older person, it's scary as hell! The docs think I have a hyper-sensitive vagus nerve -- one of the major CNS nerves. Maybe it's something like that with your mom?

Andria
Don't know, that is the first time I've heard of that nerve.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never vaped after an extraction - mine came out long ago, but I never heeded "no smoking" advice after dental procedures or anything else for that matter :blech:

Remember trying to wrap my lips around a smoke after novocain injections...:crazy::giggle::crazy:

I always just cut the filters in half, so I didn't have to suck so hard to get a drag... because there was literally nothing that could stop me from smoking. Even the nausea of early pregnancy just made me cut down from 2 pks to 3-4 cigs a day. :giggle: The only thing that nearly worked was a godawful case of strep throat -- it hurt so bad, smoking was agony, so I didn't smoke at all for 3-4 days. When I was able to go outside and smoke, I thought, why not try to quit? Managed it for about 90 days, before the cravings sent me back to smoking.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds vaugely errotic?

Not at all. For one thing, it's the nerve that controls the gag reflex. In women, it's the nerve that controls cervical dilation. It's a very important nerve of the autonomic nervous system -- respiration and heart rate, hormones, temperature, all that sort of shit -- the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems. I think it's even related to the reflex that closes the epiglottis when we swallow, so we don't choke.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dale, my paternal grandmother was exactly like your mother. She'd be sitting watching tv and her heart rate would shoot up into the 225/200 range. She'd go to the hospital stay a few days and never have it happen there. Go home and about a year later, it would happen again.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dale, my paternal grandmother was exactly like your mother. She'd be sitting watching tv and her heart rate would shoot up into the 225/200 range. She'd go to the hospital stay a few days and never have it happen there. Go home and about a year later, it would happen again.
That's exactly what's happening, Lynn...strange.

Now that I've talked to several folks, I see it's not so uncommon. The doctor wouldn't let on it was NOT uncommon, which figures.....:cuss2::gaah::cuss2:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes she was but thinking back, that woman was old even when I was a small child. But I guess birthing 14 kids will do that to you. Only 8 lived to adulthood though. The other 6 died when they were 2-4 years old. :( She was born in 1890 and died in 1977.
wow, 14 children, unreal. Bet she was a wonderful women tho.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A friend of mine sent me a bottle of pain relief blend that she made with essential oils. I'm really going to start picking her brain for more info on oils. She suggested 2 books that I hope I can pick up at Amazon this week after payday so I can learn more. I'm going to pick up Moringa powder from there too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have me thinking about my great grandmothers, great aunts, etc....they too had large families, and for the most part also lived in at the poverty level, but still made ends meet, and most of the children were good people who understood the value of a dollar.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A friend of mine sent me a bottle of pain relief blend that she made with essential oils. I'm really going to start picking her brain for more info on oils. She suggested 2 books that I hope I can pick up at Amazon this week after payday so I can learn more. I'm going to pick up Moringa powder from there too.
I loaded up on the essential oils, and also ordered the Moringa. They are supposed to send a free book regarding the oils, co-written by Ty Bollinger.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dad came from a family of alcoholics and prescription drug abusers. There were 6 boys and 2 girls that lived to adulthood. My dad was an alcoholic and a prescription drug abuser(I guess this is where I get the addictive gene) and had 3 other brothers who were alcoholics. His dad was also a prescription drug addict .

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There were 6 boys and 2 girls that lived to adulthood. My dad was an alcoholic and a prescription drug abuser(I guess this is where I get the addictive gene) and had 3 other brothers who were alcoholics..
My father was an alcoholic too, he passed away at age 53.....massive heart attack.

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I loaded up on the essential oils, and also ordered the Moringa. They are supposed to send a free book regarding the oils, co-written by Ty Bollinger.
This stuff, when you first rub it in turns cold but warms up after a minute or 2. Good stuff and doesn't smell too bad either. For the last 3 nights I've gotten very little sleep because my shoulders hurt so bad. I'm hoping tonight will be better with the addition of this oil.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This stuff, when you first rub it in turns cold but warms up after a minute or 2. Good stuff and doesn't smell too bad either. For the last 3 nights I've gotten very little sleep because my shoulders hurt so bad. I'm hoping tonight will be better with the addition of this oil.
Which oil are you referring to, Lynn?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My father was an alcoholic too, he passed away at age 53.....massive heart attack.
Mine passed away in 2000 after having surgery for lung cancer. He came through the surgery just fine, then managed to yank his chest tube out which caused a PE. He spent 45 days in ICU, had finally managed to make it to Occupational Therapy where he had to relearn walking, talking and eating again after a tracheotomy. Nurse went in on rounds and found him dead. The doctor said that his heart disease was greater than he had realized. When he died though, he was finally at peace after a very tortured life.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My dad was an alcoholic a(I guess this is where I get the addictive gene) and had 3 other brothers who were alcoholics..

Addiction runs hard core in my family too

My mother is still a raging alcoholic, as is one of my brothers. Alcohol has always kinda scared me, so use has been mainly sparse - and I've gone years at a time without touching a drop.

I fought addiction in the early 80s and cigarettes were a lifelong addiction. I've got other obsessions and demons though :p

Never got overweight until a few months ago though, and have never been a believer after discovering atheism in the sixth grade, lol

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine passed away in 2000 after having surgery for lung cancer. He came through the surgery just fine, then managed to yank his chest tube out which caused a PE. He spent 45 days in ICU, had finally managed to make it to Occupational Therapy where he had to relearn walking, talking and eating again after a tracheotomy. Nurse went in on rounds and found him dead. The doctor said that his heart disease was greater than he had realized. When he died though, he was finally at peace after a very tortured life.
So sorry. I was about 18 when my father died. I had to work as much as I could to help my mother feed my younger brothers and sisters, my mom never actually had a job in her life. Then she landed a job at Ping golf clubs, and worked her way up to management, so it all worked out well in the end.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
High five Lucy! addict here until rehab in 1981. I never, ever want to go through that again. I was drunk every day from the day I turned 15 until I was 18 years old. It was my way of getting through life. Now, I can take a drink or 2 and then stop but back then it was all or nothing.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
High five Lucy! addict here until rehab in 1981. I never, ever want to go through that again. I was drunk every day from the day I turned 15 until I was 18 years old. It was my way of getting through life. Now, I can take a drink or 2 and then stop but back then it was all or nothing.

It's hard.

Just before Christmas, I "found" my long-lost cousin I've been trying to find for about 25 years.

. She just spent three months in a homeless shelter in LA.

She says she's clean and found Jesus - but it didn't sound like it will last, with what is going on around her.

This is breaking my heart like nobody's business.

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning, something funny.

Emma said she's 8 month's pregnant with my baby.....hmmm, funny that seeing as I had a vasectomy over three years ago, even had it tested again last year, 100% Jaffa.

I think she is either full of shit or full of someone's else cock.

The drama continues :rolleyes:

Emmy28

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Morning, something funny.

Emma said she's 8 month's pregnant with my baby.....hmmm, funny that seeing as I had a vasectomy over three years ago, even had it tested again last year, 100% Jaffa.

I think she is either full of shit or full of someone's else cock.

The drama continues :rolleyes:
It's a real shame she doesn't take the fugee's advice and go fuck herself, might be safer too.

I don't usual swear but she's nothing more than an oxygen thief :cuss2:

100% Jaffa.

LOL

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gosh, I'm so sorry. :(
It's hard.

Just before Christmas, I "found" my long-lost cousin I've been trying to find for about 25 years.

. She just spent three months in a homeless shelter in LA.

She says she's clean and found Jesus - but it didn't sound like it will last, with what is going on around her.

This is breaking my heart like nobody's business.
Awe Lucy, I just don't know what to say.
HUGE hugs to all you guys.

VU Sponsors