Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, toward the ending of the song, he does go a little "overboard" imo. Still, not a bad cover

I'm just fucking sick of it. The singer annoys the shit out of me for one reason or another. That's why I don't like Zepplin, Robert Plant's voice is like nails on a fucking chalkboard to me

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm really getting sick of the Disturbed "silence" cover.

I do think Disturbed did as good a cover as they could. It is good on its own merit, yet it isn't the original. Prefer the original. While I somewhat like Disturbed's version, I agree with you that it is being over played and seemingly implied as better. Again, it's the whole "not the original" argument. Disturbed also kind of butchered Land of Confusion by Genesis, imho, wife agrees.

Imho, I prefer Shinedown's cover of Simple Man over Skynard's. It's not that I dislike Skynard, quite the contrary, I love Skynard. Why do I like Shinedown's cover? Well, for one thing his vocals are very pristinely clear. Shinedown also did not butcher the cover, merely slowed the tempo a bit and let his vocals stand out. In essence, for me, that "worked" while still paying homage.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do think Disturbed did as good a cover as they could. It is good on its own merit, yet it isn't the original. Prefer the original. While I somewhat like Disturbed's version, I agree with you that it is being over played and seemingly implied as better. Again, it's the whole "not the original" argument. Disturbed also kind of butchered Land of Confusion by Genesis, imho, wife agrees.

Imho, I prefer Shinedown's cover of Simple Man over Skynard's. It's not that I dislike Skynard, quite the contrary, I love Skynard. Why do I like Shinedown's cover? Well, for one thing his vocals are very pristinely clear. Shinedown also did not butcher the cover, merely slowed the tempo a bit and let his vocals stand out. In essence, for me, that "worked" while still paying homage.

I really like Disturbed's cover of Land of Confusion! And I agree 100% about Shinedown's vocals, any of their vocals; that guy has an amazing voice. Though he sorta looks like Ozzy, when Ozzy got a little "husky". (though when Ozzy was husky, he had his hair streaked blonde for some damn reason).

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went thru crap like this with my first husband, when I was in my 20s -- if you want a real relationship that will last, you don't lie, you don't hide things, and you don't go digging into the other person's belongings. It's just respect, and without it, a relationship will not last. Nobody wants to be leg-shackled to someone who doesn't respect them.

Hell, I never even went digging thru my SON'S things when he was a kid and a teenager... which is maybe why he always showed us respect: he learned it from how we treated HIM.

Andria

Respect, the great wealth gained by giving it away. :)

Very seldom will I go into my wife's purse or bags, and only then with her presence & permission. She lets me use her computer at times. I don't go prying into it to explore her stuff, again, unless there is permission & presence. She in turn gives me the same respect.

VU Sponsors