Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No sense of humor at all.

I found the pony post very inspirational and uplifting - and the PC replies were quite stimulating

Oh, I loved your humor. :) I have trans-gender friends. I call them butterfly people. They define themselves imho, if they're aiming to be a lady I treat them as a lady and vice versa for those aiming to be guys. Your humor was not tasteless, nor your tact tactless. It was actually funny as hell. :D :)

The posts that were PC were indeed refreshing to see. :)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do think Disturbed did as good a cover as they could. It is good on its own merit, yet it isn't the original. Prefer the original. While I somewhat like Disturbed's version, I agree with you that it is being over played and seemingly implied as better. Again, it's the whole "not the original" argument. Disturbed also kind of butchered Land of Confusion by Genesis, imho, wife agrees.

Imho, I prefer Shinedown's cover of Simple Man over Skynard's. It's not that I dislike Skynard, quite the contrary, I love Skynard. Why do I like Shinedown's cover? Well, for one thing his vocals are very pristinely clear. Shinedown also did not butcher the cover, merely slowed the tempo a bit and let his vocals stand out. In essence, for me, that "worked" while still paying homage.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must have a death wish. Walked into the kitchen, the Mrs. was mopping the floor. Had laundry going too. I had just scrubbed up in the mudroom sink. As I reached into the fridge for a beer, I said "Well, 4 different coffees roasted, targets plinked, weapons cleaned.. mans job is done."

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My dumbass sister wants to take my gf to a concert in October, in fucking Philly. $150 for a ticket. Wow, must be a Diva or something, right? Lol no. Fucking Sia. I told her to gtfo

You might have to go on a vape-buying hiatus to pay for that one Spankster

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must have a death wish. Walked into the kitchen, the Mrs. was mopping the floor. Had laundry going too. I had just scrubbed up in the mudroom sink. As I reached into the fridge for a beer, I said "Well, 4 different coffees roasted, targets plinked, weapons cleaned.. mans job is done."
And you survived to post about it? Does she know where the weapons are? And if they are unloaded does she know where the ammo is? If the answer to both questions is yes, you might want to stay out of her sight for a couple days.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Did she insert the mop handle somewhere interesting??? :giggle:

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oh crap, forgot to clean the bike. NOT going to take the chance of listening to her holding that over me, brb.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you survived to post about it? Does she know where the weapons are? And if they are unloaded does she know where the ammo is? If the answer to both questions is yes, you might want to stay out of her sight for a couple days.

Did she insert the mop handle somewhere interesting??? :giggle:
Andria

She may have put a pox on my house. Be best to stay away.
She is relaxing now, cooking dinner.

YES, I was tired, and it had been a TOUGH day, but someone has to take care of the mundane tasks..

Wax on, whacks off...

WhacksOn.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And so it begins. The winds of War are in the air...
Her wicked little games have already started. I will have her swear her fealty within a fortnight.

She thinks Hunger is her control. Little does she know, I know of the wheel of Humboldt Fog and the baguette..
Fun and games with miserable portions? En garde..
Fealty.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And so it begins. The winds of War are in the air...
Her wicked little games have already started. I will have her swear her fealty within a fortnight.

She thinks Hunger is her control. Little does she know, I know of the wheel of Humboldt Fog and the baguette..
Fun and games with miserable portions? En garde..
View attachment 61280

I'd just be delighted to not be wearing it Moo

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone! How about a little humor to start the day?

A car full of Irish nuns is sitting at a traffic light in downtown Dublin, when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.

"Hey, show us yer boobs, ya bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.
Quite shocked, Mother Superior turns to Sister Mary Immaculata and says, "I don't think they know who we are; show them your cross."

Sister Mary Immaculata rolls down her window and shouts, "Piss off, ya fookin' little wankers, before I come over there and rip yer balls off!"

Sister Mary Immaculata then rolls up her window, looks back at Mother Superior, quite innocently, and asks, "Did that sound cross enough?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone! How about a little humor to start the day?

A car full of Irish nuns is sitting at a traffic light in downtown Dublin, when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.

"Hey, show us yer boobs, ya bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.
Quite shocked, Mother Superior turns to Sister Mary Immaculata and says, "I don't think they know who we are; show them your cross."

Sister Mary Immaculata rolls down her window and shouts, "Piss off, ya fookin' little wankers, before I come over there and rip yer balls off!"

Sister Mary Immaculata then rolls up her window, looks back at Mother Superior, quite innocently, and asks, "Did that sound cross enough?

Utter nunsense

And GFY this lovely Sunday morning :D

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good MORNING! And a beautiful morning it is. Clear skies, NO WIND (in SD this is a rare thing), still cool-ish out... just beautiful. The Pyrs were frisking when I went out for morning rounds, a mob of chicks ran to me asking for breakfast, the grazers were out grazing on the new flush of green that resulted from the last several rains... it's truly a beautiful day today. We don't get many of these, and I cherish them when they happen.

By the way, I've been up since 4:00. That's what time I get up every morning. I wish I could have a day off sometime, but not today. Today's too pretty to sleep through. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's, hope everyone been fuckin themselves merrily today :D

Just returned from Lowes where I spent close to $600 on lumber, a new drill and saw. Thank god there is still good peeps in the wolrd. I was loading the truck and alredy had the 20 1X4's loaded and was starting to load the 7 sheets of plywood I bought when a couple young guys walked up and asked if they could help. :) They gave me a hand and then loaded the dozen 2X4's I had also. Does my heart good to see there are still good people in the world. :)

I still need to go back in a day or so and get around 5 sheets of luan plywood but that stuff is pretty light. For those who don't know luan plywood is made from mahogany and when stained either golden oak or cherry and then coated with a clear polyurethane, it is a beautiful veneer. But for now I got enough to keep me busy for a day or two. :shades:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's, hope everyone been fuckin themselves merrily today :D

Just returned from Lowes where I spent close to $600 on lumber, a new drill and saw. Thank god there is still good peeps in the wolrd. I was loading the truck and alredy had the 20 1X4's loaded and was starting to load the 7 sheets of plywood I bought when a couple young guys walked up and asked if they could help. :) They gave me a hand and then loaded the dozen 2X4's I had also. Does my heart good to see there are still good people in the world. :) :shades:

Get store help in loading dude - - - it keeps people employed and helps you stay healthy

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finished a really excellent ghost story earlier today; I started another, this one a fairly standard cozy/police-procedural mystery, but it's hard to get into a new story sometimes, if the one you just finished was really compelling. So I keep looking for forumites to talk to. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors