Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Atcha! One of my things is gonna change color today so you better be looking at it!
You have an unhealthy obsession with things.

13da95c6b10f4eb42406e2400dbc520a.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think, now that they have changed it to php, that the font may be relying on VU now. You could diddle with the font options with the BB code editor and see what you get - but I'm not gonna do it. :p

BTW: Did you ever notice that they have a SinceMyLastDrink banner at the site too?

I did, yes... but it's not really relevant here. It's also a bit dangerous for a recovering alcoholic to consider any length of time longer than today. ;) I know that I won't drink today, which means that tomorrow can't help but be better than it would be, if I did drink today. When tomorrow becomes today, I'll just do it all over again. ;)

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A contract and part of your monthly payment is for the phone.

My contract stayed the same as it was for the Galaxy I shelled out big bucks to hate

I am in business and understand nothing is "free"

Our little cooperative got a good deal on "last year's model" and is giving them away so I won't switch carriers :giggle:

I love customer wars

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and WTF, it is a $30 attie being cloned before its release date :wtf:

Welcome to industrial and/or corporate espionage & information warfare in the age of information. Recall Mr. Universe from the Serenity movie. "You can't stop the signal. It has to go somewhere and I go everywhere." A person can find a recipe to whip up DNA containing cultures, possibly clone a human organ from that based on information on the Inter-Web at present. Why then be surprised a $30 atomizer is cloned before it is released?

ETA: I am waiting to see someone here in America come up with a quick and dirty hacked together DIY house building machine the Chinese created recently. The machine pours and builds a structurally sound house in under six hours, the concrete used dries out to being stable in eight hours. They do of course recommend a twenty-four hour curing period but the house is finished in a day.

Excuse me, rather pleasant day outside today. I do not have any pressing tasks at hand, ergo, I think I'll go simply enjoy a nice day out with the dogs for a bit. :)

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to industrial and/or corporate espionage & information warfare in the age of information. Recall Mr. Universe from the Serenity movie. "You can't stop the signal. It has to go somewhere and I go everywhere." A person can find a recipe to whip up DNA containing cultures, possibly clone a human organ from that based on information on the Inter-eb at present. Why then be surprised a $30 atomizer is cloned before it is released?

ETA: I am waiting to see someone here in America come up with a quick and dirty hacked together DIY house building machine the Chinese created recently. The machine pours and builds a structurally sound house in under six hours, the concrete used dries out to being stable in eight hours. They do of course recommend a twenty-four hour curing period but the house is finished in a day.

Been there, done that:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vaul...ent_for_the_construction_of_all_concrete.html

Wasn't exactly a glowing success.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is wise :)

Life has a way of throwing ya curves when you dont want them. Yesterday my car said the fob battery needed replacing. My car starts with a push button as long as it senses the fob. Not a big deal, had to go to a store anyways so bought a battery for the fob. Went to another store, got what I needed, tried to start the car and nope, not gonna happen, fob is dead. Ok, tried to open the new battery pack and that wasnt happening. didnt have a knife or anything to cut the plastic package open. Tried to burn it open and all I ended up doing is burning my fingers. Went back into the store and told the young girl what was going on and asked if she had some scissors or anything to cut it open. Of course she is giggling at my dumb ass but she cut it open for me. Finally got the battery replaced and was able to drive home, frustrated as all get out and out of breath because I cant breath anymore.

At time life just sucks :(

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I been with AT&T/Cingular since the late 80's. Plan I have now is 3 phones with unlimited text/calls and forget how much data but $100/mo.

We were Cingular customers from way back when too but AT&T went butt stupid around here. One cell repeater near the house and if it developed a problem you had flaky service and for weeks at a time no service at all . For five months in a row they were refunding the entire contract payment amount it was so bad. At one point they insisted on replacing our phones as a way of fixing their mysterious repeater problem. And then they tried to charge us full retail for one of the phones, claiming one phone that we returned to them had water damage. We never asked to have the fucking phones replaced and no - new phones didn't fix their service problem.

Sprint/Virgin Moble? Zero service problems in nearly two years now. :bliss:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's up with the Hmmm-er?

I was wondering that too, but we've been busy again. Today, putting up the new blinds in my room, washing drapes which had been hanging for 5.5 yrs. They're over 30 yrs old, but still somehow haven't fallen apart. :giggle: Now we have to go to Wallyweird, since the belt in our vacuum broke, and we never got around to buying a replacement when we put the last one in, a year or so ago. :facepalm: And coveting new drapes on amazon, which will block sunlight better than these old ones do. $26ish... maybe closer to payday, I'll order them.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well, from what I saw of it the Chinese method does not use a mold. It
instead relies upon a metal form, two plates of metal attached to the
hose arm. This forces the concrete to shape as it is poured over courses
similar in effect to a potter winding rolled clay up in courses to make
a container.

I'm not one hundred percent sure of all details but the presentation of
it seemed keen that it was effective. Of course, I figure if you wanted
to make money selling any product your product would be presented keenly
as well. Seems the way of that stuff called marketing to show things in
their best light.

Look how well cigarettes were marketed and sold for example. Then, all
the various atomizers, and battery units we use to vape as another
example. Most of any of the basic atomizer and battery unit products do
the same general thing, yet we have all kinds of shiny different ways to
see them

This perspective may seem starkly utilitarian, objective. It is indeed
that. Such a view does though permit individuality. In short, it lets
an individual "not sweat the smaller details" and grants liberation to
express themselves more openly with those out of the way.

VU Sponsors