ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well fugee's, fired up the grill earlier and cooked some boneless pork ribs, which is just fancy wording for a cut up loin it looked like. They came out great. The coils was going so good I decided that instead of letting them burn away, I got out a 10 lb bag of chicken I bought earlier today and grilled those leg quarters too!

Sadly there was one problem. Rascal ate too much and now thinks he needs a non stop belly rubbing to help the digestion :giggle:

Barbecue does have a way of making your troubles seem small :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I made saffron chicken and yellow rice tonight, so I got to listen to my [tone-deaf] husband singing Donovan... :facepalm: But the chicken was great, so I endured. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got up too early this morning. :coffee: Start in on the seasonal mowing
with a weed eater today. Did a bit yesterday to ensure there was one
weed eater running. Ran the tank out of last season's fuel. Father in
law went and got more fuel yesterday evening.

Wife and me went into town yesterday around 14:00 local. Got a couple
larger bags of dog feed for the same price as a couple smaller ones.
Then, visited the Evil Empire and fetched me some Calbee Harvest Snaps,
various Ramen noodle packs. We also got some crackers, come out and
headed home but, did not quite make it.

Someone pulled up behind her rather close at the stop light. She had to
turn rather sharply and quickly. Apparently a grinding we heard was the
power steering line snapping. She got us off the road at the DQ parking
lot. Sure enough, power steering fluid ran out of the bottom of the
motor. Her dad got us and brought us home, had her Jeep towed just a few
miles down the street to the Jeep dealership for them to fix.

Awe well, that's life and how it runs its course. Entropy happens, we
make do. :) Morning everyone and a hearty GFY. :hug: :wave: :) Hope
everyone has a great day!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I woke up to an email this morning from FastTech that my order was stopped at Customs. Do any of you have any experience with this? Should I just get my money back or have them try to ship it again? It was 5 oldschool coolfires of which they do not make anymore. I just got tired of messing with all those and batteries with my vamos.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got up too early this morning. :coffee: Start in on the seasonal mowing
with a weed eater today. Did a bit yesterday to ensure there was one
weed eater running. Ran the tank out of last season's fuel. Father in
law went and got more fuel yesterday evening.

Wife and me went into town yesterday around 14:00 local. Got a couple
larger bags of dog feed for the same price as a couple smaller ones.
Then, visited the Evil Empire and fetched me some Calbee Harvest Snaps,
various Ramen noodle packs. We also got some crackers, come out and
headed home but, did not quite make it.

Someone pulled up behind her rather close at the stop light. She had to
turn rather sharply and quickly. Apparently a grinding we heard was the
power steering line snapping. She got us off the road at the DQ parking
lot. Sure enough, power steering fluid ran out of the bottom of the
motor. Her dad got us and brought us home, had her Jeep towed just a few
miles down the street to the Jeep dealership for them to fix.

Awe well, that's life and how it runs its course. Entropy happens, we
make do. :) Morning everyone and a hearty GFY. :hug: :wave: :) Hope
everyone has a great day!
Dang dude. Sorry about your car woes. But at least you have a good attitude.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I woke up to an email this morning from FastTech that my order was stopped at Customs. Do any of you have any experience with this? Should I just get my money back or have them try to ship it again? It was 5 oldschool coolfires of which they do not make anymore. I just got tired of messing with all those and batteries with my vamos.

Ohhh that sucks! As far as I know its the internal battery that is why they were stopped. Im guessing you'll either get your money back or they will give you credits towards your next purchase. I was told a very long time ago not to order anything with batteries from China from FastTech, I guess that includes internal batteries as well.

Sorry to hear it though, I love my CoolFire IV

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohhh that sucks! As far as I know its the internal battery that is why they were stopped. Im guessing you'll either get your money back or they will give you credits towards your next purchase. I was told a very long time ago not to order anything with batteries from China from FastTech, I guess that includes internal batteries as well.

Sorry to hear it though, I love my CoolFire IV
Oh wow I didn't even think of the battery issue. Okay thanks a bunch I will just get my money back. They already said I would get a refund. If I didn't reply telling them to try to reship it.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well at least you'll get our money back! I dont understand why you cant order devices with internal batteries from FT. I mean, you can order a cell phone, laptop, tablet, whatever from another country and it will get through customs. Its one thing to stop unprotected high drain cells on their own but another entirely to stop a full device with batteries built in. :gaah:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@AndriaD now neither of your banners are displaying. How did they both get borked? :huh:

They did fix things so the original code is working for sincemylastcigarette. And no - there is no difference in the font - it's identical in each. There is a "3 cigarette lag" in the old code versus the new code for some reason. Meh.

I'll try to leave them both up a while longer so you can see but the only thing more annoying than no banner at all is having two of them displayed.

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was getting epidurals every 3 months until the insurance stopped paying. Now, I have narcotics. :( It's rough. I'm in pain every day. All day. Some days are worse than others. When the arms go numb I can't use them. They just drop down and are useless hanging limbs. It takes a few minutes and I can use them again. Thankfully, it gives me about a minute warning so if I'm driving, I can pull over.
About 2 years ago they thought it may be touching the cord because I lost my balance and started falling down a lot. Even broke my thumb once. Walked with a cane for about a year but then my balance started coming back. It still gets bad if I walk a lot. But, it is what it is. They won't do surgery on the worst area since it's affecting all but one disk. They said all the others would "fail" after surgery. Rather quickly. So, the plan is, once it hits the cord, it'll be a full fusion. I won't be able to turn my head anymore but that should keep me from becoming paralyzed. :eek:
Hopefully, we'll get better insurance and can start getting my neck epidurals again. I'll be able to retire in a couple of years and that will be HUGE! My neck doesn't like working in a cubicle on the computer all day.lol

:eek: :sad: :hug:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@AndriaD now neither of your banners are displaying. How did they both get borked? :huh:

The did fix things so the original code is working for sincemylastcigarette. And no - there is no difference in the font - it's identical in each. There is a "3 cigarette lag" in the old code versus the new code for some reason. Meh.

I'll try to leave them both up a while longer so you can see but the only thing more annoying than no banner at all is having two of them displayed.
You have 2 banners now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang dude. Sorry about your car woes. But at least you have a good attitude.

No point being too upset over it. At the least we remained safe. :)
As a bonus we treated ourselves to some DQ. :D:p We were
already there, might as well.

Went to feed the Rat Pack around 8 - 8:15 or so. Saw that dew was still hung
heavy. I'll wait until around 9:30 - 10:00 ish to get started in on the mowing.
What I do of it involves some rather steep hills, rather not bust my ass. :)
I don't bounce as well as I used to and a busted ass can hurt days on end.

By the by, I think folks might appreciate The Garbage Truck Story. It is
a really short piece taking maybe three minutes to read, if that. I find it relates
to life on whole. No point to bother with garbage. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

a really short piece taking maybe three minutes to read, if that. I find it relates
Wow. What a great article. I need to read that several times a day. lol

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for the article! I needed to read that today. :)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

You have 2 banners now.

090914_Signals_promo.png

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Watch it Rick! This post goes a bit too far with what it implies. I tolerate a lot, but not when you are so blatant about it.
Note the lack of a wink or a smile or a laugh, or anything else to indicate I might be joking.

Sorry Atcha, I've tried to be subtle and non-confrontational, but him talking about looking at your tits pushed my buttons.

I'm not the one who actually said the t-word, you potty brain you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The did fix things so the original code is working for sincemylastcigarette. And no - there is no difference in the font - it's identical in each. There is a "3 cigarette lag" in the old code versus the new code for some reason. Meh.

Well... Now you have 2... and mine is working... :huh: (and hey, what the hell happened to the first 12 smileys????)

I saw the difference in cigarette count on yours, so all I can conclude at this point is that their coders have a really bad case of shitferbrains. I'm sure it's close enough; my daily consumption could vary quite a bit -- and it's hard to count a negative anyway. ;)

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well... Now you have 2... and mine is working... (and hey, what the hell happened to the first 12 smileys????)

I left both banner codes up so you could see the fonts and the minor difference in the maths.

People who have apparently cleared their cache are reporting the same thing regarding the first 12 smileys. They do work and hover over works, you just can't see them when composing. It's been happening for over a week for me, and it happens in both FireFox and Opera here.

I'll go do a post in Report A Problem.

I saw the difference in cigarette count on yours, so all I can conclude at this point is that their coders have a really bad case of shitferbrains. I'm sure it's close enough; my daily consumption could vary quite a bit -- and it's hard to count a negative anyway.

It's probably just a matter of how frequently either code updates in context of our browsers. The original code sends an actual .png graphic, the new code I told you about is sending php code instead.

And for some odd reason, earlier this morning neither of your banners were showing - but now they are. Dunno.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I left both banner codes up so you could see the fonts and the minor difference in the maths.

People who have apparently cleared their cache are reporting the same thing regarding the first 12 smileys. They do work and hover over works, you just can't see them when composing. It's been happening for over a week for me, and it happens in both FireFox and Opera here.

I'll go do a post in Report A Problem.

It's probably just a matter of how frequently either code updates in context of our browsers. The original code sends an actual .png graphic, the new code I told you about is sending php code instead.

And for some odd reason, earlier this morning neither of your banners were showing - but now they are. Dunno.

Well, I didn't leave the old code, I just updated it with the info you gave me about the php code.

I cleared my cache... hmm... actually it was back when the banner first broke! So now their broken banner is breaking part of VU! IDIOTS!!! I couldn't even see them when I hovered over them, they seem to just be gone. I posted about it already...

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
"This is a forum for adults, there will be cussing, there will be sexual innuendos.
If you find something offensive, you have the option to ignore the poster and have their posts removed from your forum experience."

You are turning an innuendo based on a 16th century non-sexual saying into something that it isn't. Lighten up.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man oh man... I hit the fucking JACKPOT on mail today!!! :vapemail:

Got my keyboard stickers. :bliss:
Got some gorgeous and completely unexpected acrylic driptips from Madame Juicy... THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

And we got our property tax assessment notice... $127,700!!!!!!!!! :vino: FOR A HOUSE WE BOUGHT FOR $60,000 IN 2011!!!:bliss:

That last, of course, is a bit of a mixed blessing: we'll have to start making slightly larger escrow payments with our mortgage payments, to meet the expected tax payment and not run into a major shortfall as we did last year... but that's not a huge deal, when divided over quite a few months. The positive side of it is that we should we be in a good position for a home equity line of credit, so we can get new siding and new windows, and keep our lovely home just as lovely, and more energy-efficient... and the new windows will probably give us a tax credit just because of the improved energy efficiency.

:) :) :)
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'd planned on unveiling my new signature graphic on the 14th, the 6 month anniversary of my mom's death... but I'm ready to do it now. So there it is. Stick that in your ass, FDA.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man oh man... I hit the fucking JACKPOT on mail today!!! :vapemail:

Got my keyboard stickers. :bliss:
Got some gorgeous and completely unexpected acrylic driptips from Madame Juicy... THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

And we got our property tax assessment notice... $127,700!!!!!!!!! :vino: FOR A HOUSE WE BOUGHT FOR $60,000 IN 2011!!!:bliss:

That last, of course, is a bit of a mixed blessing: we'll have to start making slightly larger escrow payments with our mortgage payments, to meet the expected tax payment and not run into a major shortfall as we did last year... but that's not a huge deal, when divided over quite a few months. The positive side of it is that we should we be in a good position for a home equity line of credit, so we can get new siding and new windows, and keep our lovely home just as lovely, and more energy-efficient... and the new windows will probably give us a tax credit just because of the improved energy efficiency.

:) :) :)
Andria
That's great Andria!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'd planned on unveiling my new signature graphic on the 14th, the 6 month anniversary of my mom's death... but I'm ready to do it now. So there it is. Stick that in your ass, FDA.

Andria

Andria - that is the most awesome FDA :finger: yet!!!

Can I steal it????

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Fugees. Hope everybody is well. Again life finds me so busy dont have time to read or post in forums. I guess that is good that im so busy with family and work. My daughter got accepted to the Disney collage program a paid internship and i have to move her down there for 8 months. Doing a lot of online pricing and were to buy when we get there, i only have 2 days to do all before i have to come home. Oh and i forgot please affectionately:

giphy.gif

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Fugees. Hope everybody is well. Again life finds me so busy dont have time to read or post in forums. I guess that is good that im so busy with family and work. My daughter got accepted to the Disney collage program a paid internship and i have to move her down there for 8 months. Doing a lot of online pricing and were to buy when we get there, i only have 2 days to do all before i have to come home. Oh and i forgot please affectionately:

giphy.gif
Awesome and congrats!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The original Coolfire IV is available in red only below.

http://www.2vaped.com/innokin-coolfire-iv-express-kit/

Here below in all colors.

https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/innokin-coolfire-iv-isub-40w.html

Below is 1 for the Star Wars Geek

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-Coolfire-IV-Plus-70W-Storm-Edition-p/ink-cf420.htm

I love Innokin Devices

VU Sponsors