ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I woke up to an email this morning from FastTech that my order was stopped at Customs. Do any of you have any experience with this? Should I just get my money back or have them try to ship it again? It was 5 oldschool coolfires of which they do not make anymore. I just got tired of messing with all those and batteries with my vamos.

Man oh man - sucks completely :cry:

Never had that happen - wish I knew a good answer.

Something tells me if FT is offering your money back, you should take it.

Just my 2 cents - no experience either way to back it up

Thanks FDA :cuss2:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I do too, but the Storm Trooper is out of stock at MVS. (ETA: and i cannot BELIEVE what directvapor is charging for the originals; that's more than I paid for the 18650-TC-75w!)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Copy & Paste from FastTech's FAQ page below.

Shipping
1. Can a refund be issued if a package becomes stuck, or lost in the delivery process?
If a package shows up on tracking website but doesn't delivery for some periods of time, a refund or a free replacement package can be sent by customers' choice as soon as the original package is verified lost by the carrier which is selected when an order is placed.

Each shipping carrier impose a different grace period before a package can be investigated and determined verified lost. Here are the grace periods for each of the shipping carriers presented during checkout:

FedEx, UPS, DHL, and EMS Express 2 business days after shipping
Australia Expedited Air online tracking shows no update for 14 days
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Russian Post online tracking shows no update for 25 days
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post online tracking shows no update for 60 days
Registered Airmail via China Post online tracking shows no update for 30 days
China Post Surface Mail online tracking shows no update for 30 days
DHL Global Mail online tracking shows no update for 21 days
TNT-PostNL European Registered Airmail online tracking shows no update for 30 days
USPS Expedited for Battery Products online tracking shows no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Canada Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
United Kingdom (UK) Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Australia/New Zealand Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Germany Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Norway Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
South Korea Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Singapore Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Vietnam Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
France Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Russia Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Regular Airmail 60 days after shipping
Other carriers typically when online tracking shows no update for 30 days

Submit a support ticket if you believe your package is lost. We will contact the carrier for the whereabouts of the package, and if it cannot be found, the package will become verified lost.

For postal carriers including airmail, registered airmail and e-packets, it takes 1 to 4 weeks for postal carriers to determine whether a package is lost.

For express carriers including FedEx Express, DHL Express, and UPS Express, it generally takes a day or two for the carrier to locate packages.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do too, but the Storm Trooper is out of stock at MVS. (ETA: and i cannot BELIEVE what directvapor is charging for the originals; that's more than I paid for the 18650-TC-75w!)

Andria
What I can't believe is that a manual switch seems to have stumped so many people.The original Coolfire IV had a tiny manual switch on the bottom that needed to be in the (ON) position before it would turn on.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I can't believe is that a manual switch seems to have stumped so many people.The original Coolfire IV had a tiny manual switch on the bottom that needed to be in the (ON) position before it would turn on.

That was actually my FAVORITE feature of that mod -- I could turn it off for purse-carry without stressing the fire button! I do like my 18650 versions, but they should have kept that button... and the USB charge slot, too. I know it's not optimum, but sometimes it's just fucking NECESSARY!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since we're talking older mods... anybody seen a white minibook anywhere? I'm still mad about my red and black ones, really would love that mod in white.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD now neither of your banners are displaying. How did they both get borked? :huh:

They did fix things so the original code is working for sincemylastcigarette. And no - there is no difference in the font - it's identical in each. There is a "3 cigarette lag" in the old code versus the new code for some reason. Meh.

I'll try to leave them both up a while longer so you can see but the only thing more annoying than no banner at all is having two of them displayed.
If you had two banners at the "Other Site" you'd prolly get a nasty PM, possibly banned for a week, or possible permanent ban.......:giggle:..:wave:

Those dumb son-of-a-bitches.......:popcorn:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's it... but $40, for a 40w mod, from fasttech??? That's outrageous. I got my first one from vaporbeast, and paid $25. got my 2nd one from SweetVapes, and paid about $30-$35 I think. Got both of them within a week, too. For waiting some ungodly amount of time from fasttech, that mod should not be that expensive from fucking fasttech.

Andria

ETA: now that I think on it.. I think I got the VB one for $21, and the SV one for $25.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's it... but $40, for a 40w mod, from fasttech??? That's outrageous. I got my first one from vaporbeast, and paid $25. got my 2nd one from SweetVapes, and paid about $30-$35 I think. Got both of them within a week, too. For waiting some ungodly amount of time from fasttech, that mod should not be that expensive from fucking fasttech.

Andria

ETA: now that I think on it.. I think I got the VB one for $21, and the SV one for $25.
I think FastTech has an odd pricing policy.Namely the cooler it is the more they charge.

I know I'll be dropping $45.30 on an IJOY RDTA BOX MINI soon.

7259101-1.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think FastTech has an odd pricing policy.Namely the cooler it is the more they charge.

I know I'll be dropping $45.30 on an IJOY RDTA BOX MINI soon.

7259101-1.jpg

Well... even if I was inclined to pay FT $40 for a mod that should be $25 and wait 6 or 87 weeks for it to arrive, they're outta stock. I'm afraid the minibook ship may have sailed over the horizon, unless I can find one that someone is clearing out of their old hardware. Which is how I scored an authentic KFL+ and a SX Mini M Class, so it's not out of the question. Got one of my original CF4's that way too.

If any of y'all see or hear of a white minibook though, lemme know.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well... even if I was inclined to pay FT $40 for a mod that should be $25 and wait 6 or 87 weeks for it to arrive, they're outta stock. I'm afraid the minibook ship may have sailed over the horizon, unless I can find one that someone is clearing out of their old hardware. Which is how I scored an authentic KFL+ and a SX Mini M Class, so it's not out of the question. Got one of my original CF4's that way too.

If any of y'all see or hear of a white minibook though, lemme know.

Andria
Time to break out the duck I think.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Sigelei+Mini+Book&atb=v39-2bs&ia=products

PS : HAVE FUN...CHEERS!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well at least you'll get our money back! I dont understand why you cant order devices with internal batteries from FT. I mean, you can order a cell phone, laptop, tablet, whatever from another country and it will get through customs. Its one thing to stop unprotected high drain cells on their own but another entirely to stop a full device with batteries built in. :gaah:
They also stopped the sale of aspire coils, for some reason you can only buy them now with bitcion , I used to get those coils all the time from them.
Good morning everyone:wave::coffee:

Last edited:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They also stopped the sale of aspire coils, for some reason you can only buy them now with bit con thingy's, I used to get those coils all the time from them.

Thats just ridiculous! I wonder what their reasoning is for that. Ive ordered a few RDAs from them but mostly I stick to supplies like wire, wick, DIY bottles and so on. With those items the only problem I encounter with FT is the long wait times lol.

Good morning and GFY everyone!!!!!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is really weird. Why only aspire coils? Why Bitcoin? Just peculiar to me.
As I recall things went banana walkers.
FastTech is no longer a licensed Aspire Vendor.They lost their contract a while ago.Some fiasco over price cutting or some such.Aspire pulled the plug.FastTech paid them some sort of settlement or other.Aspire now has them on a temporary agreement of some sort.Thus the Bitcoin only payment.It has become an increasingly hostile situation by both parties.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The other reason why I don't have cash to jump on the white minibook is needing to buy a wrap for the SX Mini M. I mentioned that I thought I'd get the blue sparkle from jwraps, but I'm torn between it, and the silver sparkle. The SX has a stainless frame (not black). What do yall think? Opinions?

silverglitter.jpg A mockup of the silver sparkle on an SX Mini: SXminiM-silver.jpg

blueglitter.jpg Mockup on an SX Mini: SXminiM-blue.jpg

I just can't decide. :mad: Discuss, please! Maybe it'll help me figure it out!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Copy & Paste from FastTech's FAQ page below.

Shipping
1. Can a refund be issued if a package becomes stuck, or lost in the delivery process?
If a package shows up on tracking website but doesn't delivery for some periods of time, a refund or a free replacement package can be sent by customers' choice as soon as the original package is verified lost by the carrier which is selected when an order is placed.

Each shipping carrier impose a different grace period before a package can be investigated and determined verified lost. Here are the grace periods for each of the shipping carriers presented during checkout:

FedEx, UPS, DHL, and EMS Express 2 business days after shipping
Australia Expedited Air online tracking shows no update for 14 days
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Russian Post online tracking shows no update for 25 days
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post online tracking shows no update for 60 days
Registered Airmail via China Post online tracking shows no update for 30 days
China Post Surface Mail online tracking shows no update for 30 days
DHL Global Mail online tracking shows no update for 21 days
TNT-PostNL European Registered Airmail online tracking shows no update for 30 days
USPS Expedited for Battery Products online tracking shows no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post online tracking shows no update for 18 days
USPS First-Class ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Canada Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
United Kingdom (UK) Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Australia/New Zealand Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Germany Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Norway Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
South Korea Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Singapore Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Vietnam Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
France Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Russia Express ePacket online tracking shows no update for 18 days
Regular Airmail 60 days after shipping
Other carriers typically when online tracking shows no update for 30 days

Submit a support ticket if you believe your package is lost. We will contact the carrier for the whereabouts of the package, and if it cannot be found, the package will become verified lost.

For postal carriers including airmail, registered airmail and e-packets, it takes 1 to 4 weeks for postal carriers to determine whether a package is lost.

For express carriers including FedEx Express, DHL Express, and UPS Express, it generally takes a day or two for the carrier to locate packages.
This is what I got. They are going to refund my money.
upload_2017-4-11_10-26-43.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was actually my FAVORITE feature of that mod -- I could turn it off for purse-carry without stressing the fire button! I do like my 18650 versions, but they should have kept that button... and the USB charge slot, too. I know it's not optimum, but sometimes it's just fucking NECESSARY!

Andria
See that's what I love about the old one too. The switch, and not having to mess with batteries. 4 years of messing with batteries. I'm tired of it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See that's what I love about the old one too. The switch, and not having to mess with batteries. 4 years of messing with batteries. I'm tired of it.

Batteries don't cause me any issues, but that switch at the bottom... Fire btns always seem to be a weak point, they get pressed SO much, so being able to quickly turn it off for carrying, then quickly back on when you want it, that's PRICELESS.

Removing the USB charge port... *sigh* I know, they're trying to idiot-proof them, but some of us are NOT idiots, we just have "senior moments" and forget to put in a fresh battery before leaving the house... Once when we were xmas shopping, that happened to me, and I was really damn glad I had one of my minibooks that day, and a USB cable in the truck, so I could just keep right on vaping. I do realize that pass-thru vaping isn't really optimum, but at my low wattage, it's not a catastrophe or anything -- and that battery went from almost ZERO to about 80% charged before we got home, despite my pass-thru vaping. If I'd been using one of the 18650-75w mods that day, we'd have had to go straight home, me biting my nails all the way, unable to vape -- the USB charge port in the minibook saved us a LOT of unnecessary driving, and saved me the angst of going vapeless all the way home. :giggle:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's. Been vaping the WTA one drop to 25 drops in the goon. Just because it is unflavored doesnt mean it is flavorless :)

Have to get showered soon and then head up to that cardiac rehab crap today. Thankfully it is only twice a week!
Just because its flavored doesnt mean it isnt flavorless ;) Of course that might be because i am getting over flu/cold and cannot taste/smell :p

VU Sponsors