Ouch - know that frustration all too well :headbang:

Likewise. * gets the grumbling face and flips the bird to the watching
NSA satellite and says, "Yeah, love you too now fuck off." *

A good bit of my rationale for attempting that route lay in cognitive
disorders. Much as is given lip service that it is not being
discredited, mental health is still seen as, "Oh ha ha, funny but it's
all in your head so we don't count it."

Of course, by cognitive disorders I mean, I do not think like
others. Meh, that might not be so bad. :) ;)

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you ever seen the crappy Phones they offer?

You mean like the iPhone 6s? :D

Considering my first phone with Virgin was an LG Volt, and the only reason I traded it up to a Samsung J7 was these old fart eyes wanted more screen real estate - I guess you could say I've seen the phones. Don't consider either of them to be crap though.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Life has a way of throwing ya curves when you dont want them. Yesterday my car said the fob battery needed replacing. My car starts with a push button as long as it senses the fob. Not a big deal, had to go to a store anyways so bought a battery for the fob. Went to another store, got what I needed, tried to start the car and nope, not gonna happen, fob is dead. Ok, tried to open the new battery pack and that wasnt happening. didnt have a knife or anything to cut the plastic package open. Tried to burn it open and all I ended up doing is burning my fingers. Went back into the store and told the young girl what was going on and asked if she had some scissors or anything to cut it open. Of course she is giggling at my dumb ass but she cut it open for me. Finally got the battery replaced and was able to drive home, frustrated as all get out and out of breath because I cant breath anymore.

At time life just sucks :(
The push button start is juiced by the car battery, thanks for the reminder to carry a spare battery.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Oh wow, hon. That is a very nice avatar. One minor missive though. Not
many have awareness regarding the peace symbol's actual meaning.

The inverted three prong stick is the opposite in meaning of a right
side up one. A right side up one, one with the three prongs up,
represents the rune of Life. As it is drawn inverted it represents
Death.

Adding a circle to symbols represents eternity. So, if one turns the
peace symbol right side up you get eternal Life. With it inverted you
have eternal Death.

No, not fussing at you or anything. I'm only blathering a curious bit of
symbol history I picked up on recently. Always running aground of silly
nonsense I am. :)

ETA: Excuse my manners as well. :hug: :) :wave: For everyone, and a
merrily enjoined GFY! Morning all you sleepy heads, time we are up
from our beds lest our shadows take our steads.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just like the tai chi tu aspect of her new avatar, or as it's usually called here, the "yin-yang" -- the balance. (the real name of that symbol is "tai chi tu"). Peace is just one half, war being the other half. Balance covers all.

And hey y'all, how's my fuggers today? :wave: :hug:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Juice. Glad SOMEBODY'S awake today. All the rest of you fuggers are suspiciously quiet.

WAKE UP! :coffee2::sneaka::xD::coffee2:

:blowkiss:
Andria

I fell asleep late, woke up late - and just had unexpected company drop in - UNINVITED

Let's just say they were introduced to the sharp side of my tongue

There is a reason I live at the end of a dirt road 14 miles from a very small town :headbang:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Night before last, I didn't sleep fer shit -- I took a 12-hr sudafed around 6pm Friday night, thinking that was early enough that it wouldn't bother me, but I thought WRONG, I barely slept at all. But we had to get up and do things yesterday, I wanted him to finally get my blinds put up, so I had to grope tiredly thru the day.. so I hit the sack about 1am last night, wickedly early for ME -- and slept till 11! probably would have gotten up a bit earlier, but I got woke up at 4am and 8am with fucking leg cramps... so I slept late despite the early bedtime.

Thinking I may do some more laundry today. Still got a few things of my mom's that I haven't laundered yet. With all the weird shit that was wrong with her at the end, weird infections and whatnot, I just don't feel right, wearing those clothes, until they've been washed. Plus she used some flowery perfumey dryer sheets, can't stand that shit, so I wash them with my lavender detergent and lavender fabric softener and dry them with lavender dryer sheet, and they smell right. :) And lavender keeps moths out of the closet.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and GFY!

Picked up my boy Rascal yesterday so we been hangin being buddies. Scratchin where and when we want, snoozin, fighting with his toys, that kind of stuff. Thinkin of firing up the grill in a lil while and cooking us some ribs. Gonna have to cook a lot, he can make a real pig of himself on them :giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hubby laid up a while?
Hope he gets better quick.
For some strange reason I thought of a Stephen King movie....

He's been laid up for months, every since his stroke last September

I mean, he is up and about, but not with ease and he's in a lot of pain

The stenosis in his neck/spine reared its ugly head in February

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He's been laid up for months, every since his stroke last September

I mean, he is up and about, but not with ease and he's in a lot of pain

The stenosis in his neck/spine reared its ugly head in February
That's what I have. Cervical stenosis. :( My arms and hands go completely numb. But it's not touching the spinal cord yet. I'm dreading that.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We were Cingular customers from way back when too but AT&T went butt stupid around here. One cell repeater near the house and if it developed a problem you had flaky service and for weeks at a time no service at all . For five months in a row they were refunding the entire contract payment amount it was so bad. At one point they insisted on replacing our phones as a way of fixing their mysterious repeater problem. And then they tried to charge us full retail for one of the phones, claiming one phone that we returned to them had water damage. We never asked to have the fucking phones replaced and no - new phones didn't fix their service problem.

Sprint/Virgin Moble? Zero service problems in nearly two years now. :bliss:
I have Sprint too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm so damn happy, picture me doing this: :bliss:

An SX Mini M Class THAT I COULD AFFORD! finally showed up and I was able to snag it. Yeah, I'm doing this: :bunny: I'll have to wrap it, since it has paint problems, but that's no probleml I'm gonna order a Blue Sparkle wrap from Jwraps. So it'll look sorta like this:

SXminiM.jpg

:bliss::bunny::bliss:

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

An SX Mini M Class THAT I COULD AFFORD! finally showed up and I was able to snag it. Yeah, I'm doing this: :bunny: I'll have to wrap it, since it has paint problems, but that's no probleml I'm gonna order a Blue Sparkle wrap from Jwraps. So it'll look sorta like this:

View attachment 79149

Andria
Awesome mod for an awesome gal congrats on your deal hun!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 79149

Andria
You did a freaking GREAT job on your son's room! And that painting. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awesome mod for an awesome gal congrats on your deal hun!
Aww, that is so nice. :blowkiss:

You did a freaking GREAT job on your son's room! And that painting. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yeah my uncle was very talented -- he was a bank VP, but loved indulging his creative side; playing the piano (my son inherited his piano when he died), and always, for many many years, painting. He taught me to draw when I was a little girl, teaching me about perspective: "draw what you see, not what you know is there."

That room sure is an improvement over how it started. :giggle: I was looking over all the pics when I posted those the other night, and i was likie... WOW. I had forgotten how awful it really was!

Before:
smlst-IMG_0970.jpg

After:
smlr-finish-1.jpg

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow - how do you cope with it? :hug:
I was getting epidurals every 3 months until the insurance stopped paying. Now, I have narcotics. :( It's rough. I'm in pain every day. All day. Some days are worse than others. When the arms go numb I can't use them. They just drop down and are useless hanging limbs. It takes a few minutes and I can use them again. Thankfully, it gives me about a minute warning so if I'm driving, I can pull over.
About 2 years ago they thought it may be touching the cord because I lost my balance and started falling down a lot. Even broke my thumb once. Walked with a cane for about a year but then my balance started coming back. It still gets bad if I walk a lot. But, it is what it is. They won't do surgery on the worst area since it's affecting all but one disk. They said all the others would "fail" after surgery. Rather quickly. So, the plan is, once it hits the cord, it'll be a full fusion. I won't be able to turn my head anymore but that should keep me from becoming paralyzed. :eek:
Hopefully, we'll get better insurance and can start getting my neck epidurals again. I'll be able to retire in a couple of years and that will be HUGE! My neck doesn't like working in a cubicle on the computer all day.lol

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well fugee's, fired up the grill earlier and cooked some boneless pork ribs, which is just fancy wording for a cut up loin it looked like. They came out great. The coils was going so good I decided that instead of letting them burn away, I got out a 10 lb bag of chicken I bought earlier today and grilled those leg quarters too!

Sadly there was one problem. Rascal ate too much and now thinks he needs a non stop belly rubbing to help the digestion :giggle:

VU Sponsors