Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off Snake my memes are in MY OWN THREAD with a disclaimer, Not in any other threads.

These pics may seem to you racist, humorous, offensive, have a sexual content or just a opinion so please take them as entertainment ONLY, and they are not directed at any one person, group, or thing, If you are offended then just do Not subscribe to my thread, PERIOD!
And yet rules?
I guess those are only for the rest of us.
Like I've said elsewhere (Only When Convenient) or (You Don't like the person).
If it is a rule then everybody has to follow it...Including you!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds right, I think. It's been a while.

As for Smokie's thread... ehh. I don't let it worry me; I just figure, he's from New Jersey (a/k/a "Joysey"). :p I don't subscribe to that thread, but I check it out now and then just for the hell of it; usually it's funny even if it is racist, sexist, or otherwise unsuitable for special snowflakes. ;)

Andria
My point was that content should be a factor.
I noted 1 of my earlier posts was edited for breaking rule #.But the post I responded to was not.As I've said many times (Only When Convenient) or (You Don't Like the Person).

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
GFY Everyone!!!!!!

Juicy....Best wishes for Mr Juicy and a speedy recovery!

Gonna have to throw out some love for Tarantino films. Im by no means a hardcore fan and Ive only seen a handful off his movies but Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs are all great flicks in my books!

Total 100% agreement. I love Bryan Cranston, but I REFUSED to watch that show. I will not glorify drug use even by watching shows or movies about it

Andria

Gotta disagree there. Breaking Bad did not glorify drug use or production. Sure he made a bit of money but it cost him literally everything. IMO it showed how each choice he and his partner made cost them a piece of themselves until there was nothing left and they were just empty vessels. Honestly in the last season or 2 there wasnt even any subtlety or any real attempt at symbolism, Jesse was literally just being used for his knowledge and ability to produce "high quality" m*th while having nothing of his own, no life, no freedom, and not even the money which was supposedly what made any of it worthwhile. Drugs are useless and getting involved in that business will cost you your soul. To me, anyone who watches that series and thinks that fabricating and distributing m*th(or any drug) is glorified has missed the point entirely.

It also showed a lot about how addictions can consume a person. Whether the addiction was drugs, money, adrenaline, or power(or a combination of any of those), it was the desire for more that fueled every (terrible) decision the "protagonists" made. In that show not a single drug dealer or fabricator had any sort of a happy ending.

That said, I totally get not wanting to watch shows and movies with those themes. Watching the misery of people consumed addictions of any kind isnt easy to watch and shouldnt be labeled as entertainment.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna have to throw out some love for Tarantino films. Im by no means a hardcore fan and Ive only seen a handful off his movies but Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, and Reservoir Dogs are all great flicks in my books!
Agreed even if most of his films are heavily influenced by (Elmore Leonard) books.Not that there's anything wrong with (Elmore Leonard's) writing.Or even movies based on his books.Take (Get Shorty) for example.
Hell (Justified) was an awesome TV show & was mostly based on 1 of his short stories (Fire in the Hole).

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My point was that content should be a factor.
I noted 1 of my earlier posts was edited for breaking rule #.But the post I responded to was not.As I've said many times (Only When Convenient) or (You Don't Like the Person).

I've sometimes thought that some of the memes in his thread violated some rule or other. But he's a moderator, so the rules don't apply to him. Don't you know ANYTHING??? I figured anyone who'd spent time at ECF would know THAT. ;) :rolleyes: Moderators get to make up the rules, and then they don't have to follow them. 'Cuz they're SPECIAL.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That said, I totally get not wanting to watch shows and movies with those themes. Watching the misery of people consumed addictions of any kind isnt easy to watch and shouldnt be labeled as entertainment.

That's the thing; drugs already consumed a large part of my life, I'm not willing to give them anymore of it, not even a fictional representation of anything to do with drugs. That scene in Pulp Fiction when they have to give the shot directly to the heart... it gave me the creepy crawlies so bad I could barely finish watching the movie; that never happened to me, nor to anyone I know personally, but... "there but for the grace of god..." It's just too close to home. I don't like shows or movies about excessive drinking, either, for the same reason -- the only exception to that is that I thought James Woods did a KICK ASS job portraying Bill W. in the movie about him and the beginnings of AA. But that particular movie illustrated the fact that there IS life after alcohol, so that's a good thing for anyone to watch, who has EVER drunk to intoxication.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Agreed even if most of his films are heavily influenced by (Elmore Leonard) books.Not that there's anything wrong with (Elmore Leonard's) writing.Or even movies based on his books.Take (Get Shorty) for example.
Hell (Justified) was an awesome TV show & was mostly based on 1 of his short stories (Fire in the Hole).

Elmore Leonard, I love, and I thought Justified was one of the best things to EVER grace a TV. I STILL think there needs to be a "Son of Spenser" with Timothy Olyphant playing Spenser's son, because he looks JUST LIKE a young Robert Urich.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That's the thing; drugs already consumed a large part of my life, I'm not willing to give them anymore of it, not even a fictional representation of anything to do with drugs. That scene in Pulp Fiction when they have to give the shot directly to the heart... it gave me the creepy crawlies so bad I could barely finish watching the movie; that never happened to me, nor to anyone I know personally, but... "there but for the grace of god..." It's just too close to home. I don't like shows or movies about excessive drinking, either, for the same reason -- the only exception to that is that I thought James Woods did a KICK ASS job portraying Bill W. in the movie about him and the beginnings of AA. But that particular movie illustrated the fact that there IS life after alcohol, so that's a good thing for anyone to watch, who has EVER drunk to intoxication.

Andria

I totally get that. I have been lucky to not have personally succumbed to serious addictions in my life, obvious exceptions for nicotine and caffeine. I have experimented with drugs(not just herbal) and was borderline alcoholic for a good part of my 20s but when I decided drinking and the other stuff wasnt fun anymore I just stopped. I dont consider that an addiction, perhaps Im not dealing with it as an addiction or denying or whatever but to me if I was truly addicted, I dont think I would have been capable of stopping without some help. For me shows and movies that deal with the topic of addiction and what drugs and alcohol can take from not only the user but the people who love them are both educational and a reminder of where I was headed before I decided to start making healthier choices in my life.

Ive never seen that movie, I'll have to check it out sometime.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So Mr Juicy's surgery ran overtime due to a bone fragment they found floating around between his neck and spine :eek:

But, he's up and somewhat about, looks good for being post surgical :cool:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I totally get that. I have been lucky to not have personally succumbed to serious addictions in my life, obvious exceptions for nicotine and caffeine. I have experimented with drugs(not just herbal) and was borderline alcoholic for a good part of my 20s but when I decided drinking and the other stuff wasnt fun anymore I just stopped. I dont consider that an addiction, perhaps Im not dealing with it as an addiction or denying or whatever but to me if I was truly addicted, I dont think I would have been capable of stopping without some help. For me shows and movies that deal with the topic of addiction and what drugs and alcohol can take from not only the user but the people who love them are both educational and a reminder of where I was headed before I decided to start making healthier choices in my life.

Ive never seen that movie, I'll have to check it out sometime.

Well, it varies a bit. *Most* people can't stop an addiction on their own, without some help of some type, but there are always exceptions -- my husband is a great example: whether it was IV drugs, alcohol, or smoking tobacco... when he decided to quit, he just quit. Fortunately he did attend AA at one point, which is where we met. :D I myself got off the serious drugs without help, strictly on my own, but I had already enjoyed a bout of rehab, which gave me the tools. When it came to booze though, even though I had already done a lot of AA and then "slipped" -- for 7 years! -- I had to go back and "take a white chip," a sign of my surrender to the fact that I was powerless over alcohol, and really it was a huge relief, no more beating my head against that wall. After 24 yrs and some change, I have a bunch of chips now, which I keep on a keychain in my purse. My husband asked me recently why I still keep those in there -- I said, to remind me, one drink is all it would take and I'd have to throw them all away and start a new collection -- those cheap pieces of plastic are very valuable to me! There have been a few occasions when I've needed to take them out and count them like rosary beads, reminding myself of my struggle that went into earning them.

As for tobacco... without vaping, I'd still be a smoker. Until it fucking killed me. I'm pretty fucking wretched with this cold, it's a real nasty one -- I really can't taste my vape at all, so I haven't been vaping too much today, but I know, if I was still a smoker, I'd still have killed a pack today, and be hacking my head off with every puff, but be completely powerless to go without them, even if I did sound like a TB ward. Thank GOD for vaping!!!

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheezwiz. When I quit in 2011 I was spending $160 a month. With all the freakin' bullcrap sin tax increases they did here if I was still smoking that same habit would now cost over $400.00 a month.
About $300 a month here. More if you count the coffee and donuts I bought at the same time as the smokes each morning, that I otherwise wouldn't have bought.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've sometimes thought that some of the memes in his thread violated some rule or other. But he's a moderator, so the rules don't apply to him. Don't you know ANYTHING??? I figured anyone who'd spent time at ECF would know THAT. ;) :rolleyes: Moderators get to make up the rules, and then they don't have to follow them. 'Cuz they're SPECIAL.

Andria
In that case welcome to your newest nightmare (ECF Version 2).

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Elmore Leonard, I love, and I thought Justified was one of the best things to EVER grace a TV. I STILL think there needs to be a "Son of Spenser" with Timothy Olyphant playing Spenser's son, because he looks JUST LIKE a young Robert Urich.

Andria
Good call and I'd totally watch it.
On another note.
Wild Tangent Incoming...I love just about anything with (Joe Mantegna) but it was a bad call having him play Spenser...Just Saying!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good call and I'd totally watch it.
On another note.
Wild Tangent Incoming...I love just about anything with (Joe Mantegna) but it was a bad call having him play Spenser...Just Saying!

I like Mantegna in Criminal Minds, dunno if I've seen him in anything else. When did he play Spenser?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm still sick as a dog, fucking leg cramps just would NOT leave me alone last night though I desperately needed rest. Sometime after daylight I finally got some sleep; not sure if I was just so tired I slept thru the cramps, or I finally hydrated them into submission.

Ordered the blue sparkle jwrap for my SX Mini M -- yay! Also -- ordered that white minibook I found, so thank you very much, @snake94115, since it was the link you gave me on duckduck that allowed me to find it for $24.95. The paycheck ended up not being too bad, plus the mate's had a yardwork job already this week, and has another scheduled for Sunday, so money isn't nearly as tight as I feared it might be. :)

And I see that now the sig banners are back to not displaying at all. I'm getting totally pissed off with those idiots.

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm still sick as a dog, fucking leg cramps just would NOT leave me alone last night though I desperately needed rest. Sometime after daylight I finally got some sleep; not sure if I was just so tired I slept thru the cramps, or I finally hydrated them into submission.

Ordered the blue sparkle jwrap for my SX Mini M -- yay! Also -- ordered that white minibook I found, so thank you very much, @snake94115, since it was the link you gave me on duckduck that allowed me to find it for $24.95. The paycheck ended up not being too bad, plus the mate's had a yardwork job already this week, and has another scheduled for Sunday, so money isn't nearly as tight as I feared it might be. :)

And I see that now the sig banners are back to not displaying at all. I'm getting totally pissed off with those idiots.

Andria
i see your banner....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Attention World: If you have a cold, KEEP YOUR HAPPY ASS AT HOME! Keep your fucking germs TO YOURSELF! That's exactly what I plan to do today, even though it's grocery day: make a list and send my husband, because I can guarandamntee that NOBODY wants the shit I'm suffering right now. If only some inconsiderate asshole had quarantined themselves, I woudln't be so wretched right now! Stupid fucker!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Attention World: If you have a cold, KEEP YOUR HAPPY ASS AT HOME! Keep your fucking germs TO YOURSELF! That's exactly what I plan to do today, even though it's grocery day: make a list and send my husband, because I can guarandamntee that NOBODY wants the shit I'm suffering right now. If only some inconsiderate asshole had quarantined themselves, I woudln't be so wretched right now! Stupid fucker!!!!!!!!!

Andria
I blame the employers. There are many who will not be ok with you taking a day off, warranted or not. If people were forced to stay home when sick cold and flu season would be less crappy. I know your pain, still getting over crap myself

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I noticed that @Rickajho 's dark banner was showing, though my light one wasn't, so I changed to the dark one... et voila, there it is.

Andria

Those banners are so effed up at this point.

The top one using php wasn't showing any text - just numbers. Then it was back to normal today! :bliss: For about an hour. :wait:

The bottom one in the "old code" format hasn't updated since the 9th. And it isn't showing the "Since my last cigarette" text either.

At least that's how I'm seeing them on my end of things.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I blame the employers. There are many who will not be ok with you taking a day off, warranted or not. If people were forced to stay home when sick cold and flu season would be less crappy. I know your pain, still getting over crap myself

I haven't coughed this fucking much since I got rid of the fucking coffin nails! JAYSUS!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those banners are so effed up at this point.

The top one using php wasn't showing any text - just numbers. Then it was back to normal today! :bliss: For about an hour. :wait:

The bottom one in the "old code" format hasn't updated since the 9th. And it isn't show the "Since my last cigarette" text either.

At least that's how I'm seeing them on my end of things.

Yeah I grabbed a new banner from there today, and now mine is showing the "since my last..." text. But I think you're right about VU doing some kind of caching now. Only way around it is to place new banner code daily.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea I blame my daughter for my being sick. She brought it home from school.

God yes, I always dreaded the beginning of a new school year, all 3 of us would be sick sometime in the first month-6wks of the new school year. But I think I got this when we went out shopping last weekend; Home Depot, Target, wallyweird... one of those. That was last Saturday, and Monday I woke up with a nosebleed, and by Tuesday night I knew for sure I was SICK. At first I thought it was the bacterial sinus infection coming back, since I just got over that, but this is a different illness entirely.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

Hope ya feel better soon Andria!

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't coughed this fucking much since I got rid of the fucking coffin nails! JAYSUS!

I had it bad too kiddo. I didn't like the menthol cough drops but they were absolutely necessary. As it was I still pulled a muscle from all the coughing and it was "pillow hug time" after that for several days.

Yea I blame my daughter for my being sick. She brought it home from school.

Kids. Freakin' germ factories they are. :gaah:

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I had it bad too kiddo. I didn't like the menthol cough drops but they were absolutely necessary. As it was I still pulled a muscle from all the coughing and it was "pillow hug time" after that for several days.

Worst part is my 3.5 y/o hell even my 6.5y/o still decides touching everything at a store then putting fingers in their mouths is ok, or my daughter who chews on her hair gross!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm not quite that bad; it's just a weird change since I cough so little nowadays, other than just clearing my asthmatic wheeze in the mornings. Now I'm back to a wet mucusy cough like when I smoked. What fun. :blech: Also I'm taking that guaifenesin stuff so I can keep it thinned out and keep getting rid of it. Guess that's one good thing about being former smokers; we DO know how to cough-up effectively! :giggle:

Yes they are! And they haven't lived long enough yet to have developed immunities to a lot of rhinovirus variants, so they get every single one they run across. :facepalm: I try to stay as far from school-age brats as I can possibly manage!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me too, but they are always "im hungry" "bath time" "hugs daddy?" "kisses daddy" and so on... i swear!

You know how babies are, they'll have their fingers in THEIR mouth, then put them in yours? Yeah.. I had to break my son of that when he had his first ear infection and penicillin treatment... when I broke out in huge itchy red welts! We're not really a "touchy feely" family; he was never a "lap baby", he was my little explorer. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors