Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nor is being fat a bad thing unless the woman in question is morbidly fat.At which point it becomes a question of risk over reward.

I dunno, I've never been truly "fat", though borderline a couple times... I do know I absolutely LOATHE this spare tire around my middle, hence my constant efforts to not let it expand, and recent efforts to reduce it. It's partly for my own self-image, and largely for my concern for my health, given the diabetes that destroyed my mother's health and life (and gallops thru the rest of my extended family like a fucking wildfire). There is a STRONG link between obesity, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes, and I'd really rather not ever go there, because that disease is HELL. I'm nearly 56, so it's crucial that I try to maintain good health now, before I hit my "senior years", when it will be too late to do anything about it. I've always tried to eat healthy and keep a healthy weight, and mostly succeeded, and I don't plan to stop now just because my metabolism has slowed so drastically.

So, I'd have to disagree with you; being fat is a very bad thing, because of the hell it plays with your health. It's much easier to deal with a small weight problem, than a large one.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno, I've never been truly "fat", though borderline a couple times... I do know I absolutely LOATHE this spare tire around my middle, hence my constant efforts to not let it expand, and recent efforts to reduce it. It's partly for my own self-image, and largely for my concern for my health, given the diabetes that destroyed my mother's health and life (and gallops thru the rest of my extended family like a fucking wildfire). There is a STRONG link between obesity, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes, and I'd really rather not ever go there, because that disease is HELL. I'm nearly 56, so it's crucial that I try to maintain good health now, before I hit my "senior years", when it will be too late to do anything about it. I've always tried to eat healthy and keep a healthy weight, and mostly succeeded, and I don't plan to stop now just because my metabolism has slowed so drastically.

So, I'd have to disagree with you; being fat is a very bad thing, because of the hell it plays with your health. It's much easier to deal with a small weight problem, than a large one.

Andria
I'll agree on the health issue.
However to say that a woman is anything less than beautiful to me is just wrongheaded thinking.

thigh-gap.jpg

Hell Mae West was smoking hot at 87 years old and still looked awesome.

EDIT : FORGOT TO PUT PIC OF MAE WEST CORRECTED BELOW.

1890168420-Mae-West-uncovered-curves.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll agree on the health issue.
However to say that a woman is anything less than beautiful to me is just wrongheaded thinking.

thigh-gap.jpg

Hell Mae West was smoking hot at 87 years old and still looked awesome.

EDIT : FORGOT TO PUT PIC OF MAE WEST CORRECTED BELOW.

1890168420-Mae-West-uncovered-curves.jpg

Well, I'm totally with you about women who are built like women, instead of adolescent boys with [usually fake] tits -- I say that because I was cursed with a body that looked a good bit like an adolescent boy's until I had a baby, and until the titty-fairy of pregnancy visited me, I had NO tits, because super skinny women just don't; boobs are mostly fat. That's why I consider 135-140 to be my ideal weight, because at that weight, my belly isn't huge, the spare tire is mostly deflated, but I still have tatas. :) At my age, that's really important only for my own self-image, and how I look in clothes. And because if you're super skinny, you're not really much healthier than being overweight, and with a lot less room if something like a serious illness hits you -- which becomes a real consideration when you're past 50! I lost nearly 15 lbs with the appendicitis/appendectomy, and that was far too much; I gained it back, but maybe got a little carried away. ;) Now I'm trying to take off a good bit of it, but the smart way: by lessening my portions on everything I consume, and being careful, though not hardassed, about sweets. It's working well, and I don't feel a bit deprived, which means I can stick to it. :)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm totally with you about women who are built like women, instead of adolescent boys with [usually fake] tits
The real problem with fake boobs is if the woman gets pregnant she will not be able to breastfeed her child unless she has the silicone implants removed.

I say that because I was cursed with a body that looked a good bit like an adolescent boy's until I had a baby, and until the titty-fairy of pregnancy visited me, I had NO tits, because super skinny women just don't; boobs are mostly fat. That's why I consider 135-140 to be my ideal weight, because at that weight, my belly isn't huge, the spare tire is mostly deflated, but I still have tatas. At my age, that's really important only for my own self-image, and how I look in clothes.
I've seen your pic once or twice here on the forums I think you look just fine the way you are.

And because if you're super skinny, you're not really much healthier than being overweight, and with a lot less room if something like a serious illness hits you -- which becomes a real consideration when you're past 50! I lost nearly 15 lbs with the appendicitis/appendectomy, and that was far too much; I gained it back, but maybe got a little carried away.
Well yes but also no.People with Crohn's are usually told to try to maintain their weight as much as possible.Sudden shifts in either direction could be life threatening.

Now I'm trying to take off a good bit of it, but the smart way: by lessening my portions on everything I consume, and being careful, though not hardassed, about sweets. It's working well, and I don't feel a bit deprived, which means I can stick to it.
To my eyes you look great just the way you are.If losing or gaining makes you happier.Go for it...Cheers!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got it!!! I got it!!! :bliss:

whiteminibook.jpg

Notice that GORGEOUS! driptip that @JuicyLucy sent me!!! Looks DIVINE!!! If I apply the floral stickers to the mod, I'll post another pic, but I'm going to conduct experiments first, to see if those things come off easily, or leave a sticky mess when you remove them. Don't wanna mess up my new mod.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it!!! I got it!!! :bliss:

View attachment 79851

Notice that GORGEOUS! driptip that @JuicyLucy sent me!!! Looks DIVINE!!! If I apply the floral stickers to the mod, I'll post another pic, but I'm going to conduct experiments first, to see if those things come off easily, or leave a sticky mess when you remove them. Don't wanna mess up my new mod.

Andria
That is truly lovely, Andria.
Use it in (and for) good health :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Amazing thing is that none of my POS Kanger mods have died.

The only Kanger mod I've had died when I'd had it only 3-4 months, from a VERY GENTLE fall inside my purse. The Coolfire 4 that was right beside it was just fine, and still is, over a year later. The Coolfire 4 I bought 1st, back in May of 2015, is also still working just fine, despite having once hit the concrete driveway from a violent fall of about 5 ft. It dinged the bottom edge a little, nothing else.

Andria

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening Fugees. I could go on about Lucy going black but wont go there lol.
Instead i have to rant about our wonderful postal service. So i ordered a package from amazon last week and 150 dollars worth of concentrates from Bull city and another 25 dollars concentrates form ecig express. Any way the package from amazon was supposed to be delivered Sunday not that it mattered I get a notice from usps that it will be delivered by 8pm on Sunday. Around 4pm i went to check the status and it says attempted to deliver no secure place to leave package door tag left. So i say wait i am home no one attempted to deliver the package and there was no door tag., call amazon get a shit load of apologies wont happen again we rescheduled your delivery for Monday. Well that never happened. there was one package in my mailbox from eccigexpress. I call the postal service to make a complaint about it now being 2 days and my package wasnt delivered and no notice was left and that they never even attempted to deliver. So while i am on the phone with the postal service i check the status of my Bull city vapor package and it says attempted to deliver no secure place to leave package door tag left. I tell them this on the phone and go downstairs with them on the phone no door tag.
So the lady on the phone says to me this is bad service i am forwarding your case to the delivery supervisor and they will contact you after looking into this. Meanwhile i have to say the person on the phone was nice and trying to help but could not speak English. Tomorrow i will be calling the consumer affairs office for the US postal service. Needless to say it all bureaucracy bullshit and nothing will be resolved. Im saying that because this has happened to me so many times before and always get the same runaround.

Oh and GFY's affectionately

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gots 2 black mods. don't use em much, just a MOD racist.

I've got a red, black, and now white MiniBook. The red has been my favorite, it's such a BEAUTIFUL shade of red, just glorious... but now with the white, hmm, it's got some competition. The black one is ok too, but.. it's black. Nothing very exciting there, just an absence of color. It's a fine mod but I'll never be excited about it.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope everyone had a great Easter. I really was a :zombie: for the last 36 hours. Long story. I couldn't get out of bed till after 10 this morning. But everyone had a great time and the food turned out great.
Hope everyone is doing well. I may not be able to catch up..........due to my sloooooooooooooooow reading capabilities. So just consider all the good news "liked". :blowkiss:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope everyone had a great Easter. I really was a :zombie: for the last 36 hours. Long story. I couldn't get out of bed till after 10 this morning. But everyone had a great time and the food turned out great.
Hope everyone is doing well. I may not be able to catch up..........due to my sloooooooooooooooow reading capabilities. So just consider all the good news "liked". :blowkiss:
:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sick folks should stay home and not share. It's 3 points until termination where I work. We had a horrible stomach thing and a respiratory thing raging through at the same time around the end of January. The net result this year was more than a few days with half a dozen out sick, and 2 hospitalized for it. The people still there had to carry the extra load for weeks and got pretty burned out. No one was actually fired but several people can't miss another "unathorized" day this year or they will be. Management doesn't consider employee health a priority.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
You'd think that in your business they would WANT you guys to be in tip top health. That's really awful. :hug:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Heya Atcha!!! Good to see ya! Glad your dinner turned out well and everyone had a good time!:cheers:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I LOVE my black coolfire! Andria's devotion to the coolfire is what made me take the plunge. Now, it's all I use.:bunny:

I was using mine, during the past week while I've been sick; figured sticking to 9.5w was a good idea.

I think I'm on the mend, though I still have lots of CRUD to get rid of, both sinus and lungs. Yuck. But I don't feel like I'm about to kick the bucket, which is a real improvement over last week! Still can't taste my vape though. :( My nose is SOOOOOOOOO fucked!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was using mine, during the past week while I've been sick; figured sticking to 9.5w was a good idea.

I think I'm on the mend, though I still have lots of CRUD to get rid of, both sinus and lungs. Yuck. But I don't feel like I'm about to kick the bucket, which is a real improvement over last week! Still can't taste my vape though. :( My nose is SOOOOOOOOO fucked!

Andria
That's hard to "like". So here's a hug instead. Glad you're on the mend. :hug:

firechick

Member For 4 Years
You'd think that in your business they would WANT you guys to be in tip top health. That's really awful. :hug:
I volunteer as a firefighter/medical. Very few people get paid to do that outside of the cities. We're on call when we're not at our jobs. We mostly have different schedules so there is usually a crew available between the 3 towns here. I work full time in a factory to pay the mortgage. They only care about keeping production going. My department just got one back from a joint surgery and 3 others are out recovering from joint surgeries at the moment. That's out of 11 total. I've had cortisone shots myself. Lots of repetitive tasks on concrete floors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

firechick

Member For 4 Years

Andria
Might not be a flavor you like but menthol juice might help. Hope you kick the crud soon.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might not be a flavor you **** but menthol juice might help. Hope you kick the crud soon.

Ugh, I really can't abide menthol in any form, not even terribly wild about peppermint except in fudge mint cookies and York patties.

That "ben-gay" ointment? I call "death by peppermint." :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It freaking sensored a typo in my tapacrap post. ~facepalm~
I use pretty strong menthol on sore muscles but I'm no fan of vaping it either. I did it with the last demon spawn headcold I had though. It helped me be able to breathe.

I was wondering if the forum is now censoring the words "L I K E" or "L O V E". :giggle:

I can breathe ok, taking lots of decongestants -- sudafed early in the day, and the other kind in the evening, the kind that's safe for high blood pressure, also doesn't keep you awake at night. But my sense of smell is pretty well wiped out, along with a large part of my sense of taste, since taste is mostly smell. I can taste my food somewhat, and even my tea *somewhat*, but vape... hardly at all. So I haven't been vaping much, which is probably a good thing anyway, this cold has been so awful.

However, I'm thankful that since I quit smoking, I don't get that hideous sick-making smell in my nose when I have a cold. That used to be the worst part of a cold or flu for me, but I suppose it was just the tar stuck inside that I was smelling, because I don't get that at all anymore. THANK GOD!!!!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I volunteer as a firefighter/medical. Very few people get paid to do that outside of the cities. We're on call when we're not at our jobs. We mostly have different schedules so there is usually a crew available between the 3 towns here. I work full time in a factory to pay the mortgage. They only care about keeping production going. My department just got one back from a joint surgery and 3 others are out recovering from joint surgeries at the moment. That's out of 11 total. I've had cortisone shots myself. Lots of repetitive tasks on concrete floors.

I'm impressed! All that and you still volunteer. Wow! You go FireGirl!

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone.

I haz a sad. I'm not really a cat person, much prefer dogs, but I have a 16 year old calico at home that has been suffering from serious hip problems. The last few months she has lost lots of weight, and is barely active. Basically she needs total hip replacement for both back legs, and the surgery is out of reach financially.

She's clearly getting a lot worse lately and suffering. Technically she is my ex's cat, so I left the decision about what to do up to my ex. I just got confirmation that my ex is going to have her euthanized tomorrow. :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone.

I haz a sad. I'm not really a cat person, much prefer dogs, but I have a 16 year old calico at home that has been suffering from serious hip problems. The last few months she has lost lots of weight, and is barely active. Basically she needs total hip replacement for both back legs, and the surgery is out of reach financially.

She's clearly getting a lot worse lately and suffering. Technically she is my ex's cat, so I left the decision about what to do up to my ex. I just got confirmation that my ex is going to have her euthanized tomorrow. :(

:hug:

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
GFY all!

Kad, Im sorry to hear about your cat, like em or not they become a part of you. I do agree with Rick on this one though. It really is better for the cat and believe it or not, its best for you as well. I hope it all goes well tomorrow.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I've experimented a little bit with the floral stickers on my new mod:

floralstickers.jpg

Just those little corner areas; I dont' think the stickers will cause a sticky mess, but I figured those corners would be easiest to clean, just in case! :D It's very subtle. If I determine it won't mess up my mod permanently, and also get some more floral-white driptips, I might expand the floral design areas. :)

Andria

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kad it's the best thing to do.

It really is better for the cat
I know you are both right. I actually kind of feel like she's been trying to tell me in her cat ways that she wants to go. It is best for her I think, so I agree with the decision, just didn't think it would be decided one day and the appointment the next day.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I know you are both right. I actually kind of feel like she's been trying to tell me in her cat ways that she wants to go. It is best for her I think, so I agree with the decision, just didn't think it would be decided one day and the appointment the next day.

Cats are really good at masking symptoms and their pain. Many times you aren't aware of a problem until the cat can no longer hide what's going on and the issue at that point may be too extreme to reasonably treat. If your instincts combined with the cat's behavior are sending up a red flag then it's probably best to let go here. 16 is really old in cat years. You hear about the cases here and there of the 25 year old cat but that's the rare exception, not the rule.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man. When it rains, it pours. I'm so sorry. :( ((((hugs))))

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

It suxs and hate hearing it Kad but having it quickly done is best. You dont want the cat miserable any longer than it has to be.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang, why is everyone so quiet today? It's like a bunch of zombies.
:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Wake up y'all, have some caffeine. :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Ooops, sorry I kinda hogged those pots. Here's some for everyone else.
:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Zombie is kinda right. I've got the list made, and we gotta finally do the Walmarting, I've procrastinated it as long as I can, but my energy level is already flagging. At least I'm probably not contagious anymore.

Andria

VU Sponsors