JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone.

I haz a sad. I'm not really a cat person, much prefer dogs, but I have a 16 year old calico at home that has been suffering from serious hip problems. The last few months she has lost lots of weight, and is barely active. Basically she needs total hip replacement for both back legs, and the surgery is out of reach financially.

She's clearly getting a lot worse lately and suffering. Technically she is my ex's cat, so I left the decision about what to do up to my ex. I just got confirmation that my ex is going to have her euthanized tomorrow. :(

Super bummed on your behalf Kad - as a cat lover to the core - you are doing the right thing :hug:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I totally get cats, lol

We are a lot alike - fastidious about our bathroom habits, and lots of eat and sleep and don't listen for shit
XsBHw6a.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I totally get cats, lol

We are a lot alike - fastidious about our bathroom habits, and lots of eat and sleep and don't listen for shit

I always found there was two kind of cats. The annoying kind that always in the way, constantly meowing at ya and just a general nuisance. Then there is the cool cats. the ones you bring into your home, feed them, let them sleep and do pretty much what ever they want and to repay you the give you the go fuck yourself attitude daily. Those I just seem lo love :teehee:

My girl has always been that way and been called a hussy many times for it. She is very old now and I know her back hips bothers her a lot but she is happy and as long as she seems to be happy I refuse to put her down. My ex has been mad at me for a while because I wont bring her home, instead I leave her at my moms but they both love each other a lot and she is very happy at my moms house, happier than I think she would be here with me in my house and it is only next door so I see her all the time. Of course I get the fuck off attitude from her all the time but that is only to be expected. She is a queen after all or at least she thinks she is :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD Now I20 is down to 2 lanes. From the pics looks like a reptillian is trying to come up thru it or something.

It was a small explosion in a natural gas line there; the car that was passing, the driver was ok, but the motorcyclist was in critical condition, last I heard.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cats live outside and never give me any trouble.
My wife got a rescue weiner dawg and I seem to be the one mostly having to take care of it...
A 2 yr old child would be no more trouble.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So a burrowing reptilian farted?

I think it was a symptom of the lamentable lack of maintenance to infrastructure that seems to be the case pretty much everywhere. Our parents and grandparents built this country... now it seems we're content to just let it all go to shit, while the moneys for routine upkeep get pissed away on the most useless shit. Hell, the budget for "No smoking" signs alone could probably keep an interstate in good condition. :facepalm: And nevermind all the money going to finance bogus science proving that vaping is evil. :facepalm:

Andria

firechick

Member For 4 Years
I'm so sorry it's time to say goodbye, kad. But I agree with the others that it's in the cat's best interest. A life in pain and not enjoyed really isn't a life as much as it is an endured situation. What chance of a successful surgery could the vet offer? At 16 the operation alone would be a lot of trauma for the cat and may not fix the problem. We have a still growing area in our back yard with a statue of a dog with wings. There are dogs, a horse, and 3 goats that all came to us from bad situations and shared a lot of happiness with us. Every animal that comes to my house lives out their last day in as much comfort as we can privide no matter what issues they have. I spent well into 4 figures on the horse's vet bills but the end result was that he couldn't help her. Letting go, or rather actively ending the situation, is one of life's hardest acts but it's our responsibility if we agreed to take them in.
Just how I see the world.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
morning fugee's and GFY :)

I'll tell yall, my ex, she is a dumb ass. She took her boat out last week end and at idle it was giving her an engine over heating alarm. I tell her it is probably the pump. She goes out and decides to ignore what I had to say and wanted to take the thermostat out of the engine and replace it, then proceeded to snap both bolts off in the engine. Next she wanted me to go to her house and fix her fuck up. I tell her to bring the boat to my house and I will look at it. Huge tantrum ensues. Im an asshole and everything else because I wont drop everything and drive back and forth from her place to fix her fuck up.
Then she comes over here yesterday afternoon, being a total cunt and bringing me some cheap old easy outs that are pretty much useless. I tell her OK, where is the boat, that I dont mind looking at it for her but she has to bring the boat here. Another tantrum is thrown and she goes tearing out here, returning an hour or so later with her boat, still being an ass from hell.

Why is it so hard to help some people. Why when your doing someone a favor it can only be done on their terms. If it wasnt for her being able to not let me see Rascal ever again I would of told her to go fuck herself a long time ago. But it is what it is.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I'll tell yall, my ex, she is a dumb ass. She took her boat out last week end and at idle it was giving her an engine over heating alarm. I tell her it is probably the pump. She goes out and decides to ignore what I had to say and wanted to take the thermostat out of the engine and replace it, then proceeded to snap both bolts off in the engine. Next she wanted me to go to her house and fix her fuck up. I tell her to bring the boat to my house and I will look at it. Huge tantrum ensues. Im an asshole and everything else because I wont drop everything and drive back and forth from her place to fix her fuck up.
Then she comes over here yesterday afternoon, being a total cunt and bringing me some cheap old easy outs that are pretty much useless. I tell her OK, where is the boat, that I dont mind looking at it for her but she has to bring the boat here. Another tantrum is thrown and she goes tearing out here, returning an hour or so later with her boat, still being an ass from hell.

Why is it so hard to help some people. Why when your doing someone a favor it can only be done on their terms. If it wasnt for her being able to not let me see Rascal ever again I would of told her to go fuck herself a long time ago. But it is what it is.

Well GFY Chop - you will feel better and hopefully have a better day :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Why not just keep and hide your pup from her? Easy way to handle that idiot! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My husband just told me that all the dash stuff in our new truck isn't working. AARGHH! :gaah: So apparently I have to spend tomorrow sitting in the dealership. He tried to get me to do it today, but I have vapemail out for delivery, so I ain't going NOWHERE till that arrives.

At least the truck is still under warranty, so it won't cost us anything, but still.... ARGHHH!!! :gaah:

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Cute as all hell. They don't all pop out that way.
Yea, and he is the strongest one yet! he is already lifting his head and able to half way prop up/roll over! My son (now middle child) was bewildered by him... hes 3 and a half and was just in awe at his baby brother it was too cute. Was a long day/night yesterday

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My husband just told me that all the dash stuff in our new truck isn't working. AARGHH! :gaah: So apparently I have to spend tomorrow sitting in the dealership. He tried to get me to do it today, but I have vapemail out for delivery, so I ain't going NOWHERE till that arrives.

At least the truck is still under warranty, so it won't cost us anything, but still.... ARGHHH!!! :gaah:

Andria
Has it got a Smok Dasboard?

VU Sponsors