Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Touching story……Goodbye Mom!

A guy shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore, she kept staring at him. She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."

He answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout ... and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mother." The little old lady waved and smiled back at him. Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries. "That comes to $121.85," said the clerk. "How come so much?! I only bought 5 items."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd pay for her things, too."

*DO NOT TRUST LITTLE OLD LADIES*

LMAO!!!!!

lmao-la-gi.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seemed like it, lol

She was wonderful. Died at age 17 - I still miss her

Tuxie is still mad at me for killing and disposing of the fucking lizard she brought in the house today. She conned me into letting her in without realizing she had vermin hanging out of her mouth. I was just glad it was a lizard and not a mouse or rat!

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
RAWR!!!! So since my newborn is home we have decided to only vape outside and in the bathroom (personal preferences/reasons) and i keep reaching for my dagon vape!!! Bright side is, it is helping me cut back off the 30ml/day i normally go through and 3-4 sets of batteries :p

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RAWR!!!! So since my newborn is home we have decided to only vape outside and in the bathroom (personal preferences/reasons) and i keep reaching for my dagon vape!!! Bright side is, it is helping me cut back off the 30ml/day i normally go through and 3-4 sets of batteries :p
Ahh vooping.
You need this:
vooplife.jpg

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I vape in the house. Did not smoke in the house though.
Second hand vape has been shown to be about as clean as ambient air.
But when the tiny ones come over I vape outside. Or go to the basement.
Just courtesy.
When my 6yo was born i was still mostly smoking, when my 3 yo was born i didnt vape nearly as much.... i was clouding the entire house from the bedroom so with the newborn i decided it would be good to get me to stop vaping so much and well baby doesnt need clouds :D since he is sleeping at our bedside and such clouds just doesnt seem logical/practical for such a lil guy.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Umm how do you flush your toilet from 70 ft away?
Silly cromwell.... i flush and run!!! plus i keep my vape in the cabinet i dont flush until it is secured in a path to which would be most unlikely... eventually ill stop leaving my mod in there (when i stop reaching for it in the living room or bedroom out of habit)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Silly cromwell.... i flush and run!!! plus i keep my vape in the cabinet i dont flush until it is secured in a path to which would be most unlikely... eventually ill stop leaving my mod in there (when i stop reaching for it in the living room or bedroom out of habit)

You know... that really IS OCD; you switch to vaping 'cause it's safer... and now won't vape around your kid? They do have treatment for OCD.

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You know... that really IS OCD; you switch to vaping 'cause it's safer... and now won't vape around your kid? They do have treatment for OCD.

Andria
You know i vaped around my other grown children... but no im not going to FOG out my newborn.... literally would have boats blowing fog horns. Im not a MTL tooter.... my enjoyment comes from clouds and i chain vape... there is absolutely no reason to subject a 2 day old child to a room that is nearly impossible to see the other side.... that is not OCD... that is LOVE.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know i vaped around my other grown children... but no im not going to FOG out my newborn.... literally would have boats blowing fog horns. Im not a MTL tooter.... my enjoyment comes from clouds and i chain vape... there is absolutely no reason to subject a 2 day old child to a room that is nearly impossible to see the other side.... that is not OCD... that is LOVE.

Yeah in that case, I guess you're right. It simply would never occur to me to vape that way.

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah in that case, I guess you're right. It simply would never occur to me to vape that way.

Andria
I know this (have a near identical memory not quite autistic level though) You have mentioned your desire for tight draw and so on sooooooooooooo yea if i were vaping like that and vaping 3-5ml a day would likely not vape in the bedroom but would have no problem in the rest of the house... But if i vape unchecked in the livingroom for 1 hour every room in the house is foggy... i just dont think about it sometimes and it goes way overboard... worst time was 5ml/hr stress anxiety etc all play a role... When i first started vaping i didnt have anything close to what i have now, and when my son was born i was on the right track but wasnt quite where i am now...with how fast a child's lungs and brain deveop in their first days/months/years alive it just seems unreasonable to put my discomfort above his...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know this (have a near identical memory not quite autistic level though) You have mentioned your desire for tight draw and so on sooooooooooooo yea if i were vaping like that and vaping 3-5ml a day would likely not vape in the bedroom but would have no problem in the rest of the house... But if i vape unchecked in the livingroom for 1 hour every room in the house is foggy... i just dont think about it sometimes and it goes way overboard... worst time was 5ml/hr stress anxiety etc all play a role... When i first started vaping i didnt have anything close to what i have now, and when my son was born i was on the right track but wasnt quite where i am now...with how fast a child's lungs and brain deveop in their first days/months/years alive it just seems unreasonable to put my discomfort above his...

When you blow clouds you notice stuff getting kinda like a film on them. One look at my cars windshield proves this. A tootle puffer would never really notice this effect from vaping because they dont blow clouds like that. It is definitely something you dont want to expose to a new born lungs to.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When you blow clouds you notice stuff getting kinda like a film on them. One look at my cars windshield proves this. A tootle puffer would never really notice this effect from vaping because they dont blow clouds like that. It is definitely something you dont want to expose to a new born lungs to.
RIGHT!! you should see my windows... hell my ceiling fan gets extra messy....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Diet sodas may be tied to stroke, dementia risk

something for the FDA to check on instead of vaping?

"We have little data on the health effects of diet drinks and this is problematic because diet drinks are popular amongst the general population," said Matthew Pase, a senior research fellow in the department of neurology at Boston University School of Medicine and lead author of the new study.
"More research is needed to study the health effects of diet drinks so that consumers can make informed choices concerning their health," he said.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Diet sodas may be tied to stroke, dementia risk

something for the FDA to check on instead of vaping?

"We have little data on the health effects of diet drinks and this is problematic because diet drinks are popular amongst the general population," said Matthew Pase, a senior research fellow in the department of neurology at Boston University School of Medicine and lead author of the new study.
"More research is needed to study the health effects of diet drinks so that consumers can make informed choices concerning their health," he said.

And artificial sweeteners are HORRIBLE for gut health; they feed the bad bugs, so the good bacteria in there can't do their jobs properly, leading to INCREASED weight, and bad health in general. Too much sugar may be a bad thing, but ANY artificial sweetners are WAYYYYY worse.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm calling in sick - I think I got Andria's sinus infection

Well it's a hellacious bug but I don't think it can reach from GA to AK. But the sinus infection was over a month ago... lately it's just been a nasty cold.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PutridSweet was known to cause liver damage if used in large doses before it was ever approved for use in soft drinks.

It was initially rejected for use in soft drinks but was slid in later.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been a little busy here. Got applications/resumes out for a couple of positions to work. One is material handler, they need folks with stack out & ship experience, warehouse exp.. I got that and got forklift experience as well, so I'm hoping I'll be a shoe in for that one despite it maybe adding a little stress as far as travel. Then another position is retail custodian for a truck stop, fuel station w/ convenience store and mini-restaurant. It is closer so not as much stress as far as travel. Reckon I'm fair to middlin enough to handle either position.

Now, it's the waiting game, of course I saw the one position had been looked at over 500 times before I saw it. I figure that's roughly 250 people in line ahead of me. Half tempted to walk out to RT 33, stand out like a genuine coolie, "hey boss you got work?" Saw a similar pitch on the bulletin at the laundromat in Spencer last week. Guy was offering "jack o all trades, master o none. no job or work too small or silly, call ...".

ETA: I also got going really well on the mowing using the Stihl weed eaters. Had a hiccup with them that was out of my control a bit. The 'crew' needed to swap in yearly new spark plugs. Seemed like it took them a week to do that. *smh* I could have but lacked funds to get the plugs. i mean shit fire, swapping plugs is no mean mechanic feat, even my wife does it on her Jeep. :) :p Aw well, t'is what t'is. *chuckles*

Well, we'll see how she goes.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Our FDA dollars in action!

I still want to know why it's perfectly fine with the FDA for food mfr's to put sulfites in anything they like, which is POISONOUS to asthmatics, roughly 25% of the population -- can cause complete pulmonary collapse in asthmatics -- yet they have a problem with VAPING????????????

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I still want to know why it's perfectly fine with the FDA for food mfr's to put sulfites in anything they like, which is POISONOUS to asthmatics, roughly 25% of the population -- can cause complete pulmonary collapse in asthmatics -- yet they have a problem with VAPING????????????

Andria
You mean you dont know the answer already???
wp0_wp1ee8304e.png

VU Sponsors