Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I still want to know why it's perfectly fine with the FDA for food mfr's to put sulfites in anything they like, which is POISONOUS to asthmatics, roughly 25% of the population -- can cause complete pulmonary collapse in asthmatics -- yet they have a problem with VAPING????????????
Andria

You mean you dont know the answer already???
wp0_wp1ee8304e.png

winnersmiley.gif

Silly buns. Asking rhetorical questions like that will only give you a headache.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
something for the FDA to check on instead of vaping?

"...so that consumers can make informed choices concerning their health,"

Last I checked the FDA had zero interest in anything remotely resembling allowing consumers to make informed choices, so having them involved would be counterproductive wouldn't it?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Atcha if I do ever decide to part with it I'll toss it your way. I have many cook books, but they have to have either usable info and recipes, or be historically worth keeping. There are a lot of crap cook books out there not worth the shelf space.
Thanks.
I cannot find my old Cajun cookbook. With the internet, you can find all sorts of recipes. But that one cookbook had special meaning to me.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You goofy. :giggle:

Don't you dare get started on the Jello cook books. :blech:

Did you know they used to make things like celery flavored Jello?

ad8ae77ab63115dd05c515b0113c7c77.jpg

Yes, for something called "aspic" which seems to be a savory-flavored gelatin. Weird. I can't abide ANY gelatin, the texture offends me.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love jello.....uh........without shrimp.......and pudding-------->chocolate. But not flan.
View attachment 80222

I thought flan was pretty good, but I had it at an authentic *spanish* restaurant. Their cuisine is a little different from the typical mexican or latin american stuff.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought flan was pretty good, but I had it at an authentic *spanish* restaurant. Their cuisine is a little different from the typical mexican or latin american stuff.

Andria
Interesting..................I just don't like custard. w00t[1].gif
Mexico is a lot like the US and Canada. Cuisine differs from state to state......uh.........er or provinces??

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That sucks. Gettin' old aint fa sissies. But man, you and Lucy have a ton of stuff you can't eat so I feel for ya. :hug:

For me, it's mainly just stuff that's high in cholesterol... and I try to be careful with fats in general. Other than that, I just try to keep it "healthy".. Whole grains, green leafy veggies, lots of broccoli (finally persuaded my husband how great broccoli is!)... we try to eat salmon at least twice a month, 'cause we love it, and I eat oatmeal a few times a week, make my hubby have it once a week. Don't eat a lot of red meat, but if we do, we try to get lean cuts.

The portion-control is going well; I still don't feel deprived, but I find that I leave a bit on my plate at pretty much every dinner. :)

ETA: yummy BBQ chicken tonight, with Summer Crisp corn, and Leseur baby peas. :) :) :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a title? And maybe an author? I can check a few places.
Wow that's really nice! The problem is, I can't remember it because it had a French title. Well, part of it was French. I've already researched and couldn't find it. I think it was one of those "homemade" ones put in a binder. Haven't seen it in 25 years.
For me, it's mainly just stuff that's high in cholesterol... and I try to be careful with fats in general. Other than that, I just try to keep it "healthy".. Whole grains, green leafy veggies, lots of broccoli (finally persuaded my husband how great broccoli is!)... we try to eat salmon at least twice a month, 'cause we love it, and I eat oatmeal a few times a week, make my hubby have it once a week. Don't eat a lot of red meat, but if we do, we try to get lean cuts.

The portion-control is going well; I still don't feel deprived, but I find that I leave a bit on my plate at pretty much every dinner. :)

ETA: yummy BBQ chicken tonight, with Summer Crisp corn, and Leseur baby peas. :) :) :)

Andria
Oh ok. That's the diet I'm on. Heart healthy, low cholesterol. My cholesterol was 335 a little over a year ago and I was on Lipitor. But it made my neck hurt worse so I just started eating oatmeal for breakfast every day. Or a salad. Hardly any animal fats. Rarely eggs. But lately I've been doing really bad so who knows. I might just have to go back to Lipitor for a bit. Fortunately, I LOVE vegetables.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow that's really nice! The problem is, I can't remember it because it had a French title. Well, part of it was French. I've already researched and couldn't find it. I think it was one of those "homemade" ones put in a binder. Haven't seen it in 25 years.

Oh ok. That's the diet I'm on. Heart healthy, low cholesterol. My cholesterol was 335 a little over a year ago and I was on Lipitor. But it made my neck hurt worse so I just started eating oatmeal for breakfast every day. Or a salad. Hardly any animal fats. Rarely eggs. But lately I've been doing really bad so who knows. I might just have to go back to Lipitor for a bit. Fortunately, I LOVE vegetables.

I only had one slightly high reading on my LDL and my doc said since I've not obese and don't have diabetes or hypertension, he's not worried -- he told me to eat some cheerios. :giggle: I've always had high triglycerides, since I was like 20, apparently it's just a genetic thing, so it's good that I don't go too heavy on fats or red meat; apparently triglycerides is one of the markers that can lead to metabolic syndrome, the precursor to diabetes, so I try to stay on top of that. I eat a lot of fiber, because of my IBS, and turns out, that's a good thing to do, to try and avoid diabetes.

You're right, getting old ain't for sissies at all... but since I was finally able to quit smoking, and I've always kept my weight down, I'm hopeful that I might have a nice "golden age." :giggle:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I might just have to go back to Lipitor for a bit.

Those fucking statins actually put me on hydrocodone. While all the idiot MD's and ER staff were all exclaiming "Oh no, it couldn't possible be the statin medication." I was experiencing bouts of muscle pain so bad it would drop me to my knees in a cold sweat and make me barf. (And I have a high tolerance for pain.) Eventually I quit the medication on my own, since no one could come up with any other explanation for these fits of "unexplained muscle pain and weakness". No one in the medical community was willing to connect the dots to the fucking statin drug. Here, have some hydrocodone.

Of course that was all before the maker of Crestor was fined millions by the FDA for failing to turn over adverse incidents reports. Three years later my MD and cardiologist apparently had their Come to Jesus moment, because now their spiel did an about face: "Oh of course the pain must have been caused by the statin drugs. That's the most common adverse side effect reported!" And after the fines - coincidentally or not - the recommended dosing for statin drugs had been cut in half.

FDA giving us the information we need to make informed choices? My ass. :soapbox:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those fucking statins actually put me on hydrocodone. While all the idiot MD's and ER staff were all exclaiming "Oh no, it couldn't possible be the statin medication." I was experiencing bouts of muscle pain so bad it would drop me to my knees in a cold sweat and make me barf. (And I have a high tolerance for pain.) Eventually I quit the medication on my own, since no one could come up with any other explanation for these fits of "unexplained muscle pain and weakness". No one in the medical community was willing to connect the dots to the fucking statin drug. Here, have some hydrocodone.

Of course that was all before the maker of Crestor was fined millions by the FDA for failing to turn over adverse incidents reports. Three years later my MD and cardiologist apparently had their Come to Jesus moment, because now their spiel did an about face: "Oh of course the pain must have been caused by the statin drugs. That's the most common adverse side effect reported!" And after the fines - coincidentally or not - the recommended dosing for statin drugs had been cut in half.

FDA giving us the information we need to make informed choices? My ass. :soapbox:
FDA is a tool of the Medicorps.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I've said for years that docs are BP's best flunkies; giving you drugs that cause more problems, so that a) they're guaranteed repeat customers, and b) they then give even more drugs, which cause even more problems.. more repeat business, more drugs, more repeat business, more drugs. The entire medical and pharmaceutical industry is NOTHING but a racket, and very very few are willing to see it -- my mother never would, and I'm convinced that aside from her idiotic sugar obsession, it was ALLLLLL the drugs she was taking that were responsible for her death.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is why Obamacare or any health care reform pisses me off because they dont reform shit. They go after the insurance instead. My general doctor that I been seeing for years proves this point. I go see him and pay $30. The he bills my insurance for $120. That is $150 for 10 minutes of his time. Ridiculous.
If our elected officials was really concerned about health care reform then they would go after the real problem, and that goes for both partys

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ohhhh that sucks! I hope he's alright!
Well hes been under the lights and ontop of the light pad for 6+ hours just got lab test done about 30 minutes ago wife will call with the results (soon i hope)
Thanks for the well wishes :D Doc said it was good we didnt wait for a monday appt for his checkup with pediatrician. all i know is that he said the bilirubin levels were way high. Anxiety is real.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is why Obamacare or any health care reform pisses me off because they dont reform shit. They go after the insurance instead. My general doctor that I been seeing for years proves this point. I go see him and pay $30. The he bills my insurance for $120. That is $150 for 10 minutes of his time. Ridiculous.
If our elected officials was really concerned about health care reform then they would go after the real problem, and that goes for both partys

When I go to my doc, I pay him $75 for an office visit, and that's that. No fucking around with insurance, because I refuse to pay for something that would reduce me to absolute penury, just so i could pay out of pocket for my minuscule medical costs -- I already pay out of pocket for those costs, so avoiding insurance SAVES me money. Total racket. Every American should just boycott all medical insurance, and let the fuckers go whistle.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not my previous children. Bah!! im still blaming the blood types since he got my blood type and his mom is negative and i am positive.

You're lucky he survived the whole pregnancy then, without her antibodies attacking him as a foreign substance. Rh syndrome is a terrible thing. Positive is dominant so a Positive dad will always have a positive child, even if the mom is negative.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I go to my doc, I pay him $75 for an office visit, and that's that. No fucking around with insurance, because I refuse to pay for something that would reduce me to absolute penury, just so i could pay out of pocket for my minuscule medical costs -- I already pay out of pocket for those costs, so avoiding insurance SAVES me money. Total racket. Every American should just boycott all medical insurance, and let the fuckers go whistle.

Andria

I cant blame the insurance. They are not the ones who cause health care to become unaffordable. The medical industry has become elitist and they believe they can charge astronomical prices and how dare you ask how much anything cost. Those $10 aspirins we been hearing about for years shows the greed of the medical industry,
I have nothing against anyone earning a good living from their chosen profession, but why does just about every medical doctor deserves to be millionaires withing a couple years of graduating school? That isnt making a good living, that is milking the fuck out of the population and we the people suffer from this.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cant blame the insurance. They are not the ones who cause health care to become unaffordable. The medical industry has become elitist and they believe they can charge astronomical prices and how dare you ask how much anything cost. Those $10 aspirins we been hearing about for years shows the greed of the medical industry,
I have nothing against anyone earning a good living from their chosen profession, but why does just about every medical doctor deserves to be millionaires withing a couple years of graduating school? That isnt making a good living, that is milking the fuck out of the population and we the people suffer from this.

True, for unfortunately too many docs. Very glad mine isn't one of them. But just look at what the fucking insurance costs, to see what a racket it is. The exemption I've gotten for the last 2 yrs is that if the insurance is more than like 8% of one's gross pay, it's considered unaffordable. Kaiser Permanente's (the insurance available thru my husband's work) CHEAPEST rate, with the HIGHEST deductible, is GODDAMNED MORE THAN 20% OF MY HUSBAND'S GROSS PAY!

It costs more per month than our fucking mortgage. And has a $5000 deductible. I spend less than $1000 per year on medical costs. So getting that insurance would mean we paid more than our mortgage, and STILL paid out of pocket for EVERYTHING. That is A FUCKING RACKET. I refuse to participate... even if I COULD.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
True, for unfortunately too many docs. Very glad mine isn't one of them. But just look at what the fucking insurance costs, to see what a racket it is. The exemption I've gotten for the last 2 yrs is that if the insurance is more than like 8% of one's gross pay, it's considered unaffordable. Kaiser Permanente's (the insurance available thru my husband's work) CHEAPEST rate, with the HIGHEST deductible, is GODDAMNED MORE THAN 20% OF MY HUSBAND'S GROSS PAY!

It costs more per month than our fucking mortgage. And has a $5000 deductible. I spend less than $1000 per year on medical costs. So getting that insurance would mean we paid more than our mortgage, and STILL paid out of pocket for EVERYTHING. That is A FUCKING RACKET. I refuse to participate... even if I COULD.

Andria
And look at the other side of the coin Andria. I been in and out of the hospital many times. I been on the operating table many times. Insurance for me is $1500 dedeuctable and still, they paid out the ass for my healthcare and a huge loss to the insurance company. At one time a few years ago I seen something from my insurance that showed lifetime claims and it was over $400K. I haven't paid nearly that much during the 30 years I worked. At the moment I am trying to figure out a way to keep my insurance for once the pay stops which should of been this week, the insurance also stops. Without it I cant afford health care anymore.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FDA is a tool of the Medicorps.

Hush Bob lest they come here to WV and take our medical m*rijuana away that was recently passed our WV legislation. *chuckles*

30 states out of 50 now have at least that, medical. Each state is aiding to further nullify the federal prohibition on m*rijuana. Read recently too, it would take at least 40% of the D.E.A's operating budget to investigate and seize up all the dispensaries merely in L.A. CA, that is only city in the U.S. and 40% of their annual budget is gone. The Feds don't have operating capital enough to enforce m*rijuana prohibition in every state, county, every city. Of course yes sure, they could always print more from the Fed Reserve, as if national debt isn't bad enough.

ETA Notice for Moderators & Administration:

I apologize for mention of a substance once deemed an illlict and illegal drug. Please note, I am not discussing usage of, suggesting anyone use or anything of such nature. Rather, I am discussing the laws & regulations pertaining to the substance as is germain to the state in which I live, as compared to Federal ones. I could comprehend if that would be seen as banable offense. After all, the way things currently be, any critism of STATE seems forbidden. My discussion though was not exactly criticism, simply a comparing of two differing views. Still if it's banable so it is. I may not exactly agree with such but would comprehend it if that was done. I can live not agreeing with someone, or some idea. Again apologies for embracing the awkward.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

And those millionaire doctors will tell you they need it to keep paying the insurance premiums, or the school loans, or the big pharmaceutical lobbyists/representatives what come by and buy their staffers lunches to keep the doctor in check with surveillance. It is ultimately all become a cluster-fucked we're all over the barrel saying bend over here it comes again quagmire of paying Tom not to sue Paul, you can even forget robbing Peter, he was taken to debtors prison last decade.

Take away "money" and all of it stops. Taking away money is how we stand ourselves up and declare, "I no longer consent." That is the trick of these devils you see? They need you to "contract" with them by granting consent. It's all "their" game, they got all the rules and can change them in a blink, or pack up and go home. Guess what? We can too but "they" rather we not know that. All it takes, "I no longer consent." Then, once you stand and cease consenting, do not ever further consent again, pack up and go home yourself instead. Where is home? Well, I'd hope we all know by heart, balls to bones but if you need a hint check out the Tenth Amendment.

Each of us individually is a Sovereign, we are each our own master. We no longer need the master & slave way of thought. When we choose to consent and put the STATE upon pedestal of godly status, well then, "they" become the master. So, let's all stop consenting and tell STATE to go unfuck itself.

VU Sponsors