Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY :)

A while back I picked up some 8oz and 10 oz condiment dispenser bottles. They work great for doing DIY juice. When you find a recipe you really like, mix up a large quantity and your set for months. One of the advantages of using these dispenser bottles is they have a nozzle which makes it easy to fill your smaller daily use bottles with no mess or fuss. Any Walmart or store like that carries them cheap.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

A while back I picked up some 8oz and 10 oz condiment dispenser bottles. They work great for doing DIY juice. When you find a recipe you really like, mix up a large quantity and your set for months. One of the advantages of using these dispenser bottles is they have a nozzle which makes it easy to fill your smaller daily use bottles with no mess or fuss. Any Walmart or store like that carries them cheap.

Morning Chop - yep I use those for my favorites. I do 200 mls at a wack

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really wish I could do that. But I made the mistake once of mixing up 100ml of my strawberry & cream... and discovered that after it sits in the bottle for about 2 wks, it's really no good anymore. So I continue mixing up about 55ml, about every 10 days or so.

And hey, the sun's out, even if it does feel more like March than May out there! :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I use those for my PG/VG mix.
I use 120 ml glass bottles for my mixes.
or 30 ml for trying out new mixes.
and use Korc stopper syringes in the 120's for dispensing into squonk bottles and unicorn bottles.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mixing hang over?

Almost lol

Weird morning

Last night, Mr Juicy woke up at around 11 with a coughing fit, just around the time I was making purposeful moves to hit the rack

He looked in his email and his longtime search for his birth mother had born fruit - so bedtime went out the window, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If only we knew what a slavery that would turn into :eek:

No kidding! Yet just today, I found myself thinking wistfully about a fucking cigarette. :facepalm: I may not smoke 'em anymore, but I keep wondering how long until they finally let go of my MIND!

But, it might take a while... 39 yrs is a long habit. I only drank for a third of that time, 13 yrs, and it was more years than that before I stopped thinking wistfully of a fucking beer!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No kidding! Yet just today, I found myself thinking wistfully about a fucking cigarette. :facepalm: I may not smoke 'em anymore, but I keep wondering how long until they finally let go of my MIND!

But, it might take a while... 39 yrs is a long habit. I only drank for a third of that time, 13 yrs, and it was more years than that before I stopped thinking wistfully of a fucking beer!

Andria

I crave one occasionally - but thanks to vaping, have a lot more willpower than I dreamed possible without it ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I crave one occasionally - but thanks to vaping, have a lot more willpower than I dreamed possible without it ;)

Yeah... the thoughts come and go... I don't give 'em any love when they arrive, so they go their fucking merry way. :D Same way I've treated thoughts of drinking for a long time. But without vaping as a substitute, it simply wouldn't be possible. That's why even when I was sick, I still vaped a little; when I went 4 days without vaping after my appendectomy, I fell back into the smoke hole for a damn month, and then 15 months of WTA, so I definitely want to avoid that! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, m5.4.. and 6.3 on the 1st, with a whole bunch of small ones between then and now. Wild. There's an amazing amount of seismic activity all over the globe right now -- central american volcanoes exploding, also Mt Etna in Sicily, and a damn big one in Indonesia, plus the one in Hawaii has gone nuts.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, m5.4.. and 6.3 on the 1st, with a whole bunch of small ones between then and now. Wild. There's an amazing amount of seismic activity all over the globe right now -- central american volcanoes exploding, also Mt Etna in Sicily, and a damn big one in Indonesia, plus the one in Hawaii has gone nuts.

Andria
Only one possible explanation.
NIBIRU

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only one possible explanation.
NIBRU

Which is what?

I'd say the explanation is that our planet is flexing its muscles. It's a living thing, and sometimes it's more active. As long as we don't start having "volcanic winter," from all the ash in the upper atmosphere, it's not really a big deal. Unless you happen to live near one of those active volcanoes; apparently the one in Indonesia has killed quite a few.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No kidding! Yet just today, I found myself thinking wistfully about a fucking cigarette. I may not smoke 'em anymore, but I keep wondering how long until they finally let go of my MIND!

Five years. I was still getting random whimsies - cravings, idle thoughts - whatever - on occasion into my fifth year of being quit. Mind you by year five it's no more than an idle thought when it happens.

It's been a while since the last one but after 3 decades of smoking "never say never" seems to be the best perspective.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Five years. I was still getting random whimsies - cravings, idle thoughts - whatever - on occasion into my fifth year of being quit. Mind you by year five it's no more than an idle thought when it happens.

It's been a while since the last one but after 3 decades of smoking "never say never" seems to be the best perspective.

They're only idle thoughts for me as well, not ever true cravings since I got WTA and then slowly weaned myself off it. Even the difficulty I encountered with weaning off it had nothing to do with craving cigarettes, just mood issues -- cranky, sad, mildly depressed, etc. A thought leaves as quickly and mysteriously as it arrives, if you don't give it any energy; a real craving, even if you try very hard to give it NO energy, just won't be denied, it's the fucking jolly green giant in the middle of a half acre field, it's the hand in your face that you simply can't push away, and even if you do, it keeps coming back and slapping harder... THAT is a craving. An idle thought is more like "Hmm, a cigarette would be good" and then vaping, and the smoking-thought is completely forgotten as you get on with whatever you're doing.

I had to learn the difference in the two, and they really ARE very different, back when I was first getting sober -- cravings then required me to consume ice-cold V8 juice from cans -- like beer, V8 isn't sweet, and the cold cans gave me the tactile sensation that was so familiar. I also had to learn, go do something different, don't just sit there and think of the thing you're craving, that's giving it energy and it will never go away if you do that.

But yeah, "never" is a mighty long time, and it's impossible to know what the future holds; I'd only LIKE to never drink and never smoke again, so I do whatever I can to try and make that *never* a reality -- which is why I still vaped, just a little, even when I had the sinus infection, and then that horrible headcold that completely robbed me of my ability to taste my vape at all -- I knew that NOT vaping would be a grand way to set myself up for another relapse, and I'd really like if that NEVER happened. :) One day at a time. Today... I won't drink, and I won't smoke. :)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But yeah, "never" is a mighty long time, and it's impossible to know what the future holds; I'd only LIKE to never drink and never smoke again, so I do whatever I can to try and make that *never* a reality -- which is why I still vaped, just a little, even when I had the sinus infection, and then that horrible headcold that completely robbed me of my ability to taste my vape at all -- I knew that NOT vaping would be a grand way to set myself up for another relapse, and I'd really like if that NEVER happened. One day at a time. Today... I won't drink, and I won't smoke.
Andria

Yeah, my brain kept totally wanting a cigarette the other day, first time I would say it bordered on a real craving rather than just a thought

Had to fall back to when I first stopped smoking and told myself I could totally have a smoke if I wanted, no problem. The other half of my brain 100% rebelled against that notion and the revulsion to tobacco kicked in on both sides of my noggin :cool:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, my brain kept totally wanting a cigarette the other day, first time I would say it bordered on a real craving rather than just a thought

Had to fall back to when I first stopped smoking and told myself I could totally have a smoke if I wanted, no problem. The other half of my brain 100% rebelled against that notion and the revulsion to tobacco kicked in on both sides of my noggin :cool:

People don't seem to be much fans of those quit smoking counters here but that did help a lot when I first quit. I knew pretty much I didn't have to fear having a butt with vaping but I didn't want to have to reset that counter either. We takes our motivation where we find it.

Now? Look at it. I'm coming up on 60,000 cigarettes avoided. What the fuck would 60,000 cigarette butts look like? :blech:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
People don't seem to be much fans of those quit smoking counters here but that did help a lot when I first quit. I knew pretty much I didn't have to fear having a butt with vaping but I didn't want to have to reset that counter either. We takes our motivation where we find it.

Now? Look at it. I'm coming up on 60,000 cigarettes avoided. What the fuck would 60,000 cigarette butts look like? :blech:

Think I took mine down when I hit a year and then it started messing up. Meant to retry, but never have, lol

EDIT: I like Andria's bird a lot, lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Think I took mine down when I hit a year and then it started messing up. Meant to retry, but never have, lol

EDIT: I like Andria's bird a lot, lol
I only had one on ECF.
Speaking of Andria, I finally got my hair cut off an bought some of that there fancy hair dye she talks about. Olia. About to wash it out and see if I like it. Anything is better than all this gray. :cuss2:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's why I still have those nearly-3-yr-old cigs in the back of my freezer... if I want a cigarette THAT bad, then I'll smoke those old freezer-burnt ones... that oughta fix THAT pretty damn quick. :giggle: Just the thought of them in there, available if I really need them, is enough to prevent having a panic/rage attack that would REQUIRE a smoke or 10. ;) There have been a couple of occasions I've actually contemplated it, but the thought of how bad they would taste now kept me from giving it a shot, and just adding a drop of WTA to my vape. Plus, that counter at the bottom of my posts. Speaking of which, I haven't yet updated it for today, gotta go and do that. Since they totally fucked up the caching on this site, I have to update it every single day, and I have to use a different time each time I update it, or it just shows a cached version. I'm quite annoyed by that damn cache.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only had one on ECF.
Speaking of Andria, I finally got my hair cut off an bought some of that there fancy hair dye she talks about. Olia. About to wash it out and see if I like it. Anything is better than all this gray. :cuss2:

I have to use the Olia because it's the only one that will cover gray that doesn't contain ammonia -- so I don't have to keep moving for the whole 40 minutes, trying to get away from the stench of my own head! I can't take ammonia whatsoever.

Ansria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have to use the Olia because it's the only one that will cover gray that doesn't contain ammonia -- so I don't have to keep moving for the whole 40 minutes, trying to get away from the stench of my own head! I can't take ammonia whatsoever.

Ansria
I was amazed at the no smell factor. And, my hair is super shiny!
The reason I got my hair cut off is because of the fact I have psoriasis on my scalp. :sad: It' going to be so much easier to put the oil on it an wear that cute do-rag. I'm sure dying it probably wasn't a good idea, but this stuff didn't burn and I'm elated!:bunny:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was amazed at the no smell factor. And, my hair is super shiny!
The reason I got my hair cut off is because of the fact I have psoriasis on my scalp. :sad: It' going to be so much easier to put the oil on it an wear that cute do-rag. I'm sure dying it probably wasn't a good idea, but this stuff didn't burn and I'm elated!:bunny:

Yeah it's by far the best I've tried -- I've never been able to afford to have it done in a shop, and I need 2 pkgs anyway, my hair is so damn thick; it's the first hair dye I've used that actually leaves your hair in BETTER condition than before you dyed it! And the "light auburn" is VERY natural, not one of those glaring obviously-fakey reds. ;)

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It' going to be so much easier to put the oil on it an wear that cute do-rag. I'm sure dying it probably wasn't a good idea, but this stuff didn't burn and I'm elated!
So, what color did you dye it? Blue? Green? Purple? Pink? Maybe multi-color?

7129a9ef6351c1bbfd3f5d67892ec310.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah it's by far the best I've tried -- I've never been able to afford to have it done in a shop, and I need 2 pkgs anyway, my hair is so damn thick; it's the first hair dye I've used that actually leaves your hair in BETTER condition than before you dyed it! And the "light auburn" is VERY natural, not one of those glaring obviously-fakey reds. ;)

Andria
I should have gotten 2 also. I thought after I got my hair cut I'd only need one but nope.
I love it! I'm sooooooooooo glad you mentioned it. My hair is rejoicing!

VU Sponsors