Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just wanted to find a design scheme that was neither girly nor little-kid'ish -- since it's for our son who's 28 yrs old! But I wanted something that would be cozy and "warm" and inviting, relaxing, just so he'd know how much we welcome him living with us again -- sometime next year. And then also, something that would look nice for a "guest room" when he's no longer living with us.

I'll be starting on the dust/cobweb removal on that room towards the end of this month (I have to wait till I get my inhaler refills before I do anything involving dust!), and hopefully get to the painting about the middle of next month; mid-Oct should be mild enough weather so that we can leave the windows open while I'm painting, for the fumes and faster drying.

Andria
How fun!!!!! I'm fixing up my place too. I decided it's better to re-do this one than buy a new one. (Mobile home)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My WHOLE LIFE I tried to cover up my freckles, and now I find out they're "hawt?" It figures. And the flaming red hair that's now finally fading into submission. That was probably "hawt," too, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

OMG, that's maybe the best post EVER! I laughed till I cried! :D
My first true 'love' (ok, I was 5, maybe love is too strong a word) was a little red headed, freckled, green eyed girl. My first high school crush? Same. I thought both of 'em were "hawt" though they also both had a tendency to be a bit explosive.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first true 'love' (ok, I was 5, maybe love is too strong a word) was a little red headed, freckled, green eyed girl. My first high school crush? Same. I thought both of 'em were "hawt" though they also both had a tendency to be a bit explosive.
Redheads ARE hawt. I remember a friend of mine growing up with red hair. I used to LOVE brushing her hair. Beautiful! It's also rare. There aren't that many "real" redheads.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Redheads ARE hawt. I remember a friend of mine growing up with red hair. I used to LOVE brushing her hair. Beautiful! It's also rare. There aren't that many "real" redheads.
Truth is though it was never really Lucille Ball type redheads that really got my attention, much more into colors ranging from strawberry blond to auburn.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Here in GA, there are -- both of my husband noted that ATL, and GA in general, has more redheads than either of them had ever seen anywhere else. Lots and lots of scots and irish immigrants came here, which probably accounts for it.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My favorite grandma - an immigrant from Finland - was a genuine red head.

My dad's mother, who was Native - always wore a bright red wig styled in a large bouffant :giggle:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

All the time I was growing up, people assumed I was Irish. Don't have but a drop of Irish blood in me (maybe). Mine comes from Denmark. So does my height, unfortunately. I have gone out with (and married) precisely ONE guy who was ever taller than me. Well, two if you count Rich. He used to be taller than me but he shrunk in his old age! :teehee: I met a lot of guys that were taller than me, but they were always with little 5-foot tall women. I never could figure that out... But my second husband was taller than me by enough that when I wore heels, I was still an inch shorter than he was. Too bad he was such an ass.

Truth is though it was never really Lucille Ball type redheads that really got my attention, much more into colors ranging from strawberry blond to auburn.

Um, honey? Her "red" came out of a bottle. ;) A true redhead can spot a fake one a mile away, trust me. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All the time I was growing up, people assumed I was Irish. Don't have but a drop of Irish blood in me (maybe). Mine comes from Denmark. So does my height, unfortunately. I have gone out with (and married) precisely ONE guy who was ever taller than me. Well, two if you count Rich. He used to be taller than me but he shrunk in his old age! :teehee: I met a lot of guys that were taller than me, but they were always with little 5-foot tall women. I never could figure that out... But my second husband was taller than me by enough that when I wore heels, I was still an inch shorter than he was. Too bad he was such an ass.

Um, honey? Her "red" came out of a bottle. ;) A true redhead can spot a fake one a mile away, trust me. :)

Very true. I saw a redhead yesterday (I always try to point them out for my husband's viewing pleasure ;)), and it was very clear to me that it was TRUE red hair -- when I see the gals with fucking BURGUNDY hair, I just wonder, who do they think they're fooling? :giggle:

I'm taller than my husband by about 2 inches. Had a boyfriend at one point who was FOUR inches shorter than I am; I asked him if it bothered him. He said he'd been 5'3" since he was 13 yrs old and first became interested in girls... and the ones he found most interesting were ALL taller than him. :D My husband is much the same -- his first wife was shorter than he is, but that didn't last -- now he and I have been together for 30 yrs, married for 29, so it seems to be working. :)

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
:sarcasm:I am so glad I ventured into the general public today it helped to remind me why I go to work, then home, and order everything online. And I am especially grateful for the millennial who set me straight on absolutely needing two graphics cards to run dual monitors.:bs:

Although I did quite enjoy the trip to PetSmart because they had the pound pups there today, visited with them as long as I could lest I brought one home with me.Marley enjoyed her new toy for more than half an hour before I had to take it away because she had ate it to the point it was dangerous. An all time new record lifespan for one of her toys, guess I need to buy a few more like that.

Now she's napping while I am having a full on techie nerdgasm. Forums on one monitor,Fallout 4 on the other, and National Treasure on TV. But now my entertainment center in the bedroom looks like I could control a space launch from it. LOVE IT! :xD:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:sarcasm:I am so glad I ventured into the general public today it helped to remind me why I go to work, then home, and order everything online. And I am especially grateful for the millennial who set me straight on absolutely needing two graphics cards to run dual monitors.:bs:

Although I did quite enjoy the trip to PetSmart because they had the pound pups there today, visited with them as long as I could lest I brought one home with me.Marley enjoyed her new toy for more than half an hour before I had to take it away because she had ate it to the point it was dangerous. An all time new record lifespan for one of her toys, guess I need to buy a few more like that.

Now she's napping while I am having a full on techie nerdgasm. Forums on one monitor,Fallout 4 on the other, and National Treasure on TV. But now my entertainment center in the bedroom looks like I could control a space launch from it. LOVE IT! :xD:
If that millennial was an employee of an electronics or computer store, I would have asked if they got paid on commision.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just ordered 60 Wanko coils for under $20 shipping included from Vaporbeast.
Just input my birthday and no other age verification required.

Went to farmers market today. Brought back a rescue Weiner Dog.

That's awesome! Have a name for him/her yet?

If that millennial was an employee of an electronics or computer store, I would have asked if they got paid on commision.

I am pretty sure that's what was afoot it was at Best Buy, I just shook my head and walked out. Although I wasn't surprised as I was leaving I saw 4 employees trying to check out one customer who had bought a TV.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My WHOLE LIFE I tried to cover up my freckles, and now I find out they're "hawt?" It figures. And the flaming red hair that's now finally fading into submission. That was probably "hawt," too, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

OMG, that's maybe the best post EVER! I laughed till I cried! :D
My favorite grandma - an immigrant from Finland - was a genuine red head.

My dad's mother, who was Native - always wore a bright red wig styled in a large bouffant :giggle:

Grandma Peg?

peggy-bundy.jpg

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Wish I had room for another monitor. But I have a puny little desk my fiance built for me and the 23" Acer works just fine for my gaming pleasure. I'm very intrigued by the Fallout games, and am actually thinking about getting New Vegas. I watched quite a bit of gameplay on it and it looks fun. Right now though, I'm playing Dragon's Dogma and South Park: The Stick of Truth. :teehee::teehee:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I recently lost my dog when the ex and me split :( I would loved to have kept him but too many strikes was against that happening mainly my 77 yr old mom cant handle a 65 lb head strong pit bull. He loves his grandma to death and never ever would do anything to harm her but he doesnt listen to well at times and she tried to get him to go into a bedroom before when her girl friends was here visiting and he refused. So now I dont have my puppy baby anymore :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have a techie nerdgasm on my desk! 2 monitors, tablet, smartphone, camera, and however many mods I have going on... 2, today... :D Usually have the forum on the larger screen to the right, but it was on photoshop when I took this pic -- my husband took the 1st pic, and it was blurry as shit, so I said GIMME THAT! :giggle:

mydesk.jpg

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a techie nerdgasm on my desk! 2 monitors, tablet, smartphone, and however many mods I have going on... 2, today... :D Usually have the forum on the larger screen to the right, but it was on photoshop when I took this pic -- my husband took the 1st pic, and it was blurry as shit, so I said GIMME THAT! :giggle:

View attachment 61721

Andria
And look at your cute coolfire!!!!!!!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently lost my dog when the ex and me split :( I would loved to have kept him but too many strikes was against that happening mainly my 77 yr old mom cant handle a 65 lb head strong pit bull. He loves his grandma to death and never ever would do anything to harm her but he doesnt listen to well at times and she tried to get him to go into a bedroom before when her girl friends was here visiting and he refused. So now I dont have my puppy baby anymore :(
OMG I'm so sorry about Rascal. Is Miss Tiggs with her too?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered 60 Wanko coils for under $20 shipping included from Vaporbeast.
Just input my birthday and no other age verification required.

Went to farmers market today. Brought back a rescue Weiner Dog.

Weiner and a Wanko!

Wow, proud of you Cromwell. Well done.

I vote for naming her Link

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wish I had room for another monitor. But I have a puny little desk my fiance built for me and the 23" Acer works just fine for my gaming pleasure. I'm very intrigued by the Fallout games, and am actually thinking about getting New Vegas. I watched quite a bit of gameplay on it and it looks fun. Right now though, I'm playing Dragon's Dogma and South Park: The Stick of Truth. :teehee::teehee:

New Vegas is pretty fun, I just prefer the Bethesda ones over Obsidian. If I hadn't used the code off my copy I got with the full series I would send it to ya.

I have a techie nerdgasm on my desk! 2 monitors, tablet, smartphone, camera, and however many mods I have going on... 2, today... :D Usually have the forum on the larger screen to the right, but it was on photoshop when I took this pic -- my husband took the 1st pic, and it was blurry as shit, so I said GIMME THAT! :giggle:

View attachment 61721

Andria

My pics are horrible but here's my new little area. It looks a lot cooler with the lights off and the blue TV back lighting but couldn't get it to focus properly.

Setup.jpg

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I'm so sorry to hear that chop, my ex had her own dog when she split so I got lucky there. So it's just me and Marley now, she's a 70lb pit mix handful even at my age, so I totally get them being a handful for an older person. Don't get me wrong she's a great dog but when they get an idea in their head it's very hard to convince them otherwise.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New Vegas is pretty fun, I just prefer the Bethesda ones over Obsidian. If I hadn't used the code off my copy I got with the full series I would send it to ya.

My pics are horrible but here's my new little area. It looks a lot cooler with the lights off and the blue TV back lighting but couldn't get it to focus properly.

View attachment 61724
Sweet set up!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I am really digging it being able to surf, game, and watch TV it's right up my ADHD alley. :D

heh... that sounds like me -- amazon (used to be vape shops, but not so much anymore) on the laptop screen, forum on the 19" to the right, a book going on on my tablet, email or twitter on the phone. :giggle: A smorgasbord of entertainment!

Andria

VU Sponsors