Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and GFY!

Been smoke free about a week now and dont miss them a bit. I only smoked maybe a week but I am surprised, quit smoking, broke up with the ex, went thru all her drama and never even thought of a cig.

Was thinking of picking up some chicken leg quarters and firing up the grill tonight. I haven't grilled since the flood and miss it! Maybe while at the store pick up some pork chops to grill tomorrow night :D
That sounds yummy! I love grilled chicken leg quarters.
I'm ready for a warmer!
I want more too! But I drank so much yesterday I couldn't fall asleep. :eek:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
:sarcasm: Ya know I have always thought of myself as just your average middle class working stiff, but it's becoming apparent I am way better off than I thought. Out of all these people on the road I am one of the only ones who was able to lay down enough cash to get those bad ass turn signals. :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:sarcasm: Ya know I have always thought of myself as just your average middle class working stiff, but it's becoming apparent I am way better off than I thought. Out of all these people on the road I am one of the only ones who was able to lay down enough cash to get those bad ass turn signals. :giggle:

Same here! I can't imagine, all those drivers wondering what that stick is on the left side of the steering wheel. I guess they think it's ONLY for the wipers and bright lights. :D

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Same here! I can't imagine, all those drivers wondering what that stick is on the left side of the steering wheel. I guess they think it's ONLY for the wipers and bright lights. :D

Andria

One of the great mysteries of the modern world I tell you. Then again who can be bothered to drive safely when there's so much stuff you need to do on a smart phone. :devil:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of the great mysteries of the modern world I tell you. Then again who can be bothered to drive safely when there's so much stuff you need to do on a smart phone. :devil:

It's just one of the MANY things I learned to do, just because my mom doesn't (or vice-versa!). She was an OUTSTANDING negative role model. :D But I want neither an "improper lane change" ticket, nor some asshat crashing into my backend because he had no idea I was about to do that. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woman pumps breast milk while running a marathon - discuss amongst yourselves :giggle:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-in-half-marathon_us_57dabbdfe4b04a1497b2d654

I guess that would be the baby's first milkshake.

Seems to me that social services, wherever she lives, should be looking very closely at this woman, because she clearly has totally fucked-up priorities. Running 26 miles when the Persians aren't about to attack is the definition of stupid in any case, but doing it when you have a hungry baby to feed is so far beyond stupid, I don't know if a word exists for that. She clearly has little interest in actually mothering her child.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You hear it all the time now days I go to work, I feed my kids, clothe them, and make sure they go to school. Well hold on one sec while I break my arm patting you on the back for shit your supposed to do. I did all of that an then some for my step-sons and never once went looking for someone to praise me for it. It's the everybody gets a trophy generation where you deserve praise whether or not you have done something above and beyond the norm.

And it's only gotten worse with the advent of social media. Because if they try hard enough they can find hundreds of other idiots who think they actually have done something special.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's the everybody gets a trophy generation where you deserve praise whether or not you have done something above and beyond the norm.
And it's only gotten worse with the advent of social media. Because if they try hard enough they can find hundreds of other idiots who think they actually have done something special.

No shit!

In full support of breast feeding and totally believe folks need to "get over it" and women should be able to feed babies in public places, but it's shit like this is just asinine.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woman pumps breast milk while running a marathon - discuss amongst yourselves :giggle:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-in-half-marathon_us_57dabbdfe4b04a1497b2d654

She could work the refreshment corner of the Under 5 marathon...

maxresdefault.jpg

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No shit!

In full support of breast feeding and totally believe folks need to "get over it" and women should be able to feed babies in public places, but it's shit like this is just asinine.

I agree. But I also think there is a proper way to do it in public around strangers, and it's as simple as putting a small blanket or cloth in place. I don't think they need to be isolated in a bathroom or anything just cover up a little out of respect for others. Then again I live in a fantasy world where if everyone budged just a little from their hard line beliefs and worked together the world would be a better place.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's more of a fine line for me. I have no problem with a woman feeding or pumping, even if exposed. It's a matter of composure and decorum more than do/don't. For instance, in the picture above my post, if it looks like your intent is to drain accumulated bodily fluid as if it was a pus filled boil, like above, then yeah, it can be gross, even stomach churning. But a woman with grace and tact can easily accomplish the above without looking like a dairy cow.

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There is nothing wrong in a woman breast feeding a child. it is here in the states that people stare and gauche. Go to Europe and it is common place to see it all over. with that said i volunteer to be a child again.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But a woman with grace and tact can easily accomplish the above without looking like a dairy cow.

Yeah, like NOT putting it on FB is the most tactful.

woman and dairy cow in the same sentence, just sayinn

Well if you act like one...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is nothing wrong in a woman breast feeding a child. it is here in the states that people stare and gauche. Go to Europe and it is common place to see it all over. with that said i volunteer to be a child again.

I find it impossible to have anything resembling a meaningful conversation when a woman with no warning whips out her tit in mid sentence and jams it into Snookums scream hole. Just saying.

VU Sponsors