Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For Jambalaya I use a bit more than three: crawfish, shrimp, andouille (just a little), bacon (for the grease only), chicken breast, and lean pork. On a lazy day, or if I can't find crawfish, I'll make a simpler version with just shrimp and andouille.

Well I can safely say that I've never eaten mud bugs and never will. :D When I make jambalaya, I use either pork chops (off the bone) or pork loin; smoked sausage; and usually chicken breast; I once made it with shrimp instead of chicken breast, but I have to say, I like it better with chicken.

We recently discovered a new brand of sausage, which are "cajun spiced"; they're pretty good, spicy and a little hot, and I'll probably use those next time I make jambalaya, rather than the ordinary smoked sausage.

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With new Andouille brands, I feel safer making the sausage first for a taste test. A lot of Andouille and "cajun" sausages can already be very spicy hot, so I have to adjust the rest of my seasoning accordingly.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya know you are gonna have to prove that to me.;)
I will. I make it the real Cajun style, like my relatives in Houma. My sister has gotten to where she likes the New Orleans style and uses Bluerunner. I like it both ways and it's a nice change of pace having hers.
The first dish you ever learned to cook? Mine was PB&J.:giggle:
Hmmm, you might have to give me some cooking lessons sometime.:)
My grandmother taught me. I can't really cook many other things well. lol!
With new Andouille brands, I feel safer making the sausage first for a taste test. A lot of Andouille and "cajun" sausages can already be very spicy hot, so I have to adjust the rest of my seasoning accordingly.
I do like some Andouille in gumbo. Since I'm in Texas now, I also like Opa's.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
After today one thing has become very apparent, if I go to hell I may have to ask them to turn the AC up or risk getting a chill. Fucking SE Texas summer. I am just about done with this crap and ready to move to Colorado.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gah, Jambalaya and gumbo! Good thing I was sitting in downtown Ann Arbor in a nice little outdoor cafe, having some Tuna Tartare and Chevre & Pesto Gnocchi when I saw that. A FIRST, not caught hungry by food talk & pics.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was at work eating Taco Bell and will hold all of that against you guys. :giggle::giggle:

Taco Bell has one thing I LOVE... chalupas! Those fried wrap thingies are fucking GREAT, no matter what they're wrapped around! my favorite was the chicken club chalupa, but I'll eat any chalupa they have, with xtra lettuce. Nom nom nom!!

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2kSDe1.gif
I have that face sometimes in walmart.... :teehee::teehee: Like 'dafuq am I looking at' :giggle:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Taco Bell has one thing I LOVE... chalupas! Those fried wrap thingies are fucking GREAT, no matter what they're wrapped around! my favorite was the chicken club chalupa, but I'll eat any chalupa they have, with xtra lettuce. Nom nom nom!!

Andria

I have never tried them at Taco Bell but I do love chalupas at this little mom and pop mexican restaurant here in town. I smother them in queso and jalapenos. I'll have to try one next time. Damn I am hungry, I wish dinner would hurry up and heat up.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Got tater a nice cushy bed thingy.
To him it is a combination chew toy to wrassle and drag about till tired then sleep in a while.

Marley inherited Angel's (my first dog) bed and she does the same. But I have to watch her she likes to slam it into my entertainment center. I can't believe I am going to do this but #BigDogProblems. :giggle:

Dinner and Gotham time, I'll catch you folks tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuh to the UCK. I had a crew enroute to Iowa to move equipment from the last shutdown there, to next weeks plant. Bout the time they hit Chicago, got a 911 call to get up to Marysville, MI. 5 hours the other way. Those guys aren't happy. Neither am I. Looks like I am awake all day, work all night shifting again. I'm going to have to tell them bitches, I already GOT the new toy. Hmm... might have to stick this in retirement savings. Going to be a LOOOONG nite. I hope a few stay up to keep me company..

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Impractical Jokers
OMG I LOVE that show!
After today one thing has become very apparent, if I go to hell I may have to ask them to turn the AC up or risk getting a chill. Fucking SE Texas summer. I am just about done with this crap and ready to move to Colorado.
I didn't realize you were in Texas too. Hey pardner! lol
Got tater a nice cushy bed thingy.
To him it is a combination chew toy to wrassle and drag about till tired then sleep in a while.
Too cute Croms. I just loved my little weiner dogletts.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuh to the UCK. I had a crew enroute to Iowa to move equipment from the last shutdown there, to next weeks plant. Bout the time they hit Chicago, got a 911 call to get up to Marysville, MI. 5 hours the other way. Those guys aren't happy. Neither am I. Looks like I am awake all day, work all night shifting again. I'm going to have to tell them bitches, I already GOT the new toy. Hmm... might have to stick this in retirement savings. Going to be a LOOOONG nite. I hope a few stay up to keep me company..
Awe I'm sorry Moo. Hugs. :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hang in there and best of luck from me.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
dat sucks wet farts outta dead pigeons

VU Sponsors