Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I first started I did a lot of fruit.
I currently do Blueberry custard.
Flavorconcentrates brand Blueberry as a background flavor to vanilla custard. quite tasty. the best Blueberry I have found.

I have several peaches including the white peach. Black cherry... Cherry is a hard flavor but some black cherry as a background is nice.

I had avoided cherry flavors, too, because reviews were all over the map, but @chopdoc said I should try the FA black cherry, and he would never lie to me. :) So I did, and I really like it. In small amounts, of course. The most I use is 3% but that's in a mix with a bunch of other flavors (creams, tiramisu, cake), so it's not overpowering, just really nice. I like that it tastes like cherry, and not some kind of candy or other unidentifiable thing. ;) Sniffing the bottle, it smells JUST like maraschino cherries, but that's not what it tastes like.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which reminds me, I also got a bottle of Cherry Extract (TFA I think) in my last order previous to this, and I've already forgotten about it! LOL! I should try one with the two of them together - I bet it would be good. :D

I haven't tried a REAL lot of cherry flavors, but of the few I've tried, that Cherry Extract is by far the best -- not too sweet, not too tart, neither maraschino nor medicinal. It's the Goldilocks of cherry flavors -- just right! :)

Andria

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried a REAL lot of cherry flavors, but of the few I've tried, that Cherry Extract is by far the best -- not too sweet, not too tart, neither maraschino nor medicinal. It's the Goldilocks of cherry flavors -- just right! :)

Andria

Whoooo! Good thing I got a 4-ounce bottle! :stars: I had only used a little bit of it in with some tiramisu at first, and it didn't have enough cherry taste for my preference, but before I had time to really tweak it and refigure percentages, I had the black cherry on order so I waited for that. Next time I have time for a "mixing day," I'll try something with the two cherry flavors together and see what it's like. :)

I also started vaping some nicely aged blueberry yogurt juice the other day in my pretty new dripper, and WOW, is it ever good! I think I've discovered that elusive "tang" that people have been looking for when DIYing a cheesecake flavor. That's on my list to 'speriment with, too. The only problem is this yogurt juice is well over a month old, and it didn't taste nearly this good after a week, so I think it's gonna need a minimum month-long steep.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a steak from the butcher begging to hit the cast iron catch y'all in a little while folks.

fy06a.jpg
That's hilarious!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, gang... I won't have a website any longer. I'm cancelling my webhosting acct today, thx to my webhost autobilling me on the 19th for something due on the 22nd, and causing me an overdraft, which costs $36. First overdraft on that acct since we've had it, in 2012, and it really pisses me off. :headbang: Hence the cancellation of my webhosting.

I'm copying all my online articles to my local machine, so that eventually, I may look into Blogger or some other free service like that, to post my articles. As for hosting images... I dunno. I signed up for a photobucket acct, but I don't seem to be able to hotlink images from it, dunno why. Is it better to use Tumblr?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I guess it IS better to use tumblr; that image just above my quit-smoking banner is now linked from my Tumblr acct, rather than my webhost acct, so that works. Cool. :shades:

Bite me, Arvixe.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Mmmmmm... Goldilocks cherry...

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My customers humor me. I love you, customer, but your shutdown stress is 3 days, twice a year. We LIVE in shutdown, and know you don't pay our bill by having your plant down.

We're really happy to be there for the 1st 12 hours, after that we want us the hell outta your way too.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
GFY EVERYONE!!!!!!

Was watching Impractical Jokers last night and never noticed before but Sal was wearing a shirt that had #GFY on it. Y'all have broadened my horizons so much in the last few days. :giggle:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I could make so much money as TV exec, I'd release new shows when THERE'S FUCKING NOTHING NEW ON!!!!!!!! Because now I have like 25 shows I want to watch and have the time to watch maybe 6-7 of them. Ratings would sky rocket under my REIGN.:giggle::giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it bad to eat a 12 oz. steak more than three times a week? I quit smoking to vape possibly saving my life only to be killed by cow pieces. Irony at it's finest.

If you insist on that much red meat that often, you could counter it with salmon 3 times a week. :D That's a win/win, IMO. :D (and oatmeal or cheerios for breakfast 3-4 times a week).

Andria

Last edited:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you insist on that much red meat that often, you could counter it with salmon 3 times a week. :D That's a win/win, IMO. :D

Andria

I try to eat fish but the only way I can stomach it is raw, and I rarely get to go eat sushi because I just can't go out to eat by myself. And have no idea where to start to make my own sushi.

Maybe one day I will try to make a few friends or *GASP* maybe even a SO. A guy can dream. :giggle:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I quit smoking to save money.

For me money is only important when it helps me to have fun. I make it, I spend it. I'll probably die broke but with a big ass smile on my face and to me that's what I am after. But I understand those who save and build up reserves I would probably have a different stance if I had a family or something but since it's just me fuck it let's go on a spending spree.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I try to eat fish but the only way I can stomach it is raw, and I rarely get to go eat sushi because I just can't go out to eat by myself. And have no idea where to start to make my own sushi.

Maybe one day I will try to make a few friends or *GASP* maybe even a SO. A guy can dream. :giggle:

My husband eats salmon raw; the skinless wild-caught that we buy frozen at walmart. While I'm cooking mine, I'm soaking the plastic pouch containing his in hot tap water. When mine is done and I take it out, I put his into the hot baking dish for like 2 seconds per side, just to get the great lemon-garlic butter sauce on it. He loves it.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me money is only important when it helps me to have fun. I make it, I spend it. I'll probably die broke but with a big ass smile on my face and to me that's what I am after. But I understand those who save and build up reserves I would probably have a different stance if I had a family or something but since it's just me fuck it let's go on a spending spree.
Ohh not save in the proper sense as in reserve. Save so my wife could spend more.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My husband eats salmon raw; the skinless wild-caught that we buy frozen at walmart. While I'm cooking mine, I'm soaking the plastic pouch containing his in hot tap water. When mine is done and I take it out, I put his into the hot baking dish for like 2 seconds per side, just to get the great lemon-garlic butter sauce on it. He loves it.

Andria

Salmon is one of my favorites, at this place I used to go with the Ex-Shedevil they serve it with roe and it's amazing. Maybe I just need to buy some fresh fish and dig in, being near the coast there is a ton of it to choose from.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wild skinless salmon? Where the fuck is Greenpeace and the Ghost of Jaques Cousteau when they are really needed...

A Michigan restaurateur who owned a chain of seafood restaurants here, was lost at sea along with his wife and some friends in the Bermuda Triangle some years ago. Their bodies were never recovered. Food for the fishes, the sea has a way of getting even.

VU Sponsors